So my husband's flight got overbooked so he received a $400 voucher from the airline. We need to redeem the voucher by mid-June but can travel anytime within 331 days after so, essentially, by April 2016.

Any suggestions on cheap and fun places to fly to in the US out of the East Coast? We'll have two adults and 2 children (4 and 2 yo). What would be the best way to take advantage of this voucher? I haven't traveled in so long so I have no clue about good times to fly, cheap areas to fly into/out of, etc. I would love to put the voucher towards a trip to Disney World, but we would still have to be careful towards budgeting for the rest of the trip, so I think we'd want to wait another year or two when the kids are older and we can also afford to have the "all out" Disney vacation we've dreamed about.

Wondering if maybe the best thing to do would be to use the voucher to go on a short trip this winter when I know we'll be ready for some fun. But then we travel to our family for the holidays so I'm not sure if it'll be too much going on at once - plus, flying in bad weather = scary.

Thanks for any thoughts!