Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

A Year of New Beginnings and BFPS! - January 2015 POAS

1. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

Positive OPK both last night and this morning!! We've been BDing since Sunday while away for the holidays, but the next few days will be the real test. My sister is coming today and her room is right next to ours. My brother and his GF come tomorrow to fill the house even more. I thought DH would be against so much BDing on my dads house, but he's been all for it. DH wants my dad to think we only had sex once, to make our LO.

2. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

Woohoo! I got a this morning with my OPK. Now I'm trying to figure out if we should try to BD tonight (in my parents tiny house on a creaky bed) or just wait until tomorrow night when we get home. We did BD last night at least. Thoughts??? My OB said every other day was perfect bc it gives him time to replenish... What "schedule" do y'all follow?

3. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@CarrieLouWho: crossing my fingers for you!!! I think every other day is ok...however, I have totally fallen into the mindset of "must BD as much as humanly possible!".

As for me, DH and I were traveling separately and just both got home yesterday. I don't think I have O'd yet (not using OPKs, just temping), and I am hoping it happens later this week so we can hit several days before.

4. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Good luck in the new year ladies!!!!!

5. Mrs. Turtle

blogger / pear / 1509 posts

I'm changing my POAS date to 1/7. I O'd a little later than usual this cycle and I try to wait till AF is due before POAS. Thanks! Good luck to everyone this month. What a great way it would be to start the new year!

6. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

I've been lurking for a little bit, but this is my first post - I'm excited to join the boards!

Cycle Day: CD17
    TTC Cycle #: 4
    Ovulation and POAS dates: I got a peak reading on the CBFM yesterday morning, so assuming I O'd yesterday or today. My POAS day should be around 1/7, which is when AF is due.
    Baby #: 1
    Your plan this month: This is my second cycle using the CBFM, but haven't done any temperature or CM monitoring yet. I bought Preseed earlier this month on a whim, but didn't end up using it.
    Chart link: n/a

And just for fun… what is your New Year's resolution for 2015? Cook dinner at home at least five times a week...we succumb to the temptation to order/eat out way more than we should

7. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

Hi ladies I just got a positive OPK for the first time! I am on CD 21. I had pretty much given up hope this cycle. It was my first time ever using OPK's and I did not know what to think when I did not get a positive last week. I am thinking now that I have a short luteal phase because I am still breastfeeding my two-year-old 0 to 2 times a day. AF is expected in 8 to 9 days.

Should I BD much as possible in the next two days?? I will attach a picture of the test so you can tell me what you think. Is it really positive?

ETA. I can't get the picture to attach I will try again later.

What makes me nervous is that I used a different brand of OPK this morning (dollar store), because I ran out of the clear blue brand that I was using before. And I cannot go to the store today to get a comparison of the brand I was using before. I wish I used the dollar store brand earlier this week to see what a negative really looks like!

8. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@californiadreams: Just keep BDing! I had a short LP when TTC my first son, I took some high dose B vitamin supplements that I think really helped. Don't remember exactly what now, but I'm sure the info is out there GL!

9. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

finally got on my laptop so hopefully the pic uploads...has anyone used a dollar store brand, is this a definite positive? i am going to keep using them for a couple of days to hopefully compare with a true negative.

10. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@shellio: thanks for the tip, i will read up on it..
    i am wondering if it is worth taking vitamin B at this stage in my cycle or would it be best to wait until next month if no BFP this month?

11. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

I have a feeling we'll be crashing this thread... expecting AF around New Years Day, and will be doing an IVF FET round, all going well. Cheering on for now!

12. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

My new cycle finally started yesterday (merry Christmas Eve to me??) so I *think* I will be testing Jan 21. It's two days before FF is predicting AF's return, and I'm supposed to be seeing my new ob/gyn that day for my annual exam, so it seems like a good day to test.

13. Mrs. Turtle

blogger / pear / 1509 posts

Oh man, it's going to be a tough TWW this time! I'm 3-4 dpo (one temp was taken at the wrong time and had a slight increase, so hard to tell if that would've been my temp shift or if it was the next day, which was higher still) and already having a hard time waiting! Last cycle I just knew it hadn't worked so it wasn't too hard to wait. This time I'm trying to be more positive. Yesterday my mom told me she thought this was my cycle. I also thought my gums were bleeding for a few minutes in the morning but it was just a weird taste. And, my temps are higher than usual, like way higher, but I'm also doing vaginal temping this cycle so that could be why (my mouth temps were always a bit inconsistent). Argh! Way too early to be symptom spotting this much!!!

14. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

Hey everyone! I'm going to be honest, I have no idea how to TTC.
    LO was an accidental pregnancy while NTNP after a PCOS diagnosis. I thought I couldn't have kids. I am starting back on metformin this month, have no idea how to use opks but will try based on timing in Dec and Jan and then use opks from Feb onwards.

Cycle Day: what does this mean? predicated O date is Jan 7.
    TTC Cycle #: 1
    Ovulation and POAS dates: Jan 7 o date, will POAS Jan 31st if no AF. Cycles are really wacky and sometimes non existent
    Baby #: 2
    Your plan this month: DTD around predicted O date, we will be at my MILs sleeping on the couch so might be challenging.
    Chart link: don't have one.

And just for fun… what is your New Year's resolution for 2015?
    To make myself and my health a priority, even if it's expensive

15. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@californiadreams: That is absolutely positive! I use dollar store cheapies in addition to Digital OPKS and that is a blazing positive!

16. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@wheres_c: a month ago I felt the same as you about TTC! LO was an accident for us (though we were planning to TTC in 6-12 months), and this time I started out clueless. But I've been learning quick! It's my second cycle TTC and I'm so glad I got on the OPKS wagon because it looks I am ovulating much later than my predicted date! Good luck to you!

17. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@simplyfelicity: thanks! I was just unsure because I switched brands and suddenly it's positive on CD21, but my fingers are crossed!

18. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

Added myself prematurely- Thought I was out last cycle due to a BFN on FRER at 13dpo but ended up getting a faint positive the next day, so you can take me off the list for now, but I will stick around and cheer all of you ladies on! Hoping for lots of BFPs this month!!!

19. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@NovBaby1112: congrats! This would technically be my first cycle testing if my period doesn't show up by New Year's. But I haven't started actively charting yet (which I plan to start in Jan) so I'm thinking I'm out, but you never know

20. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@NovBaby1112: congratulations!!

21. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

I'm feeling kind of disappointed because I got my positive OPK on Thursday and we BD the night before and thursday night... But not since then because DH got really sick and hasn't been up to it. So I feel like I'm out this month already because we didn't BD as much as I thought we should (which would have meant last night and tonight).

On another note, I will still test next week but will change my POAS date to January 4th. AF tends to show up anywhere from the day before to 2 days after it's predicted date, so I'm gonna try and hold out the weekend to test.

22. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@californiadreams: with my son, we only BD'ed on O day and that was it, and this time I was convinced we had the worst timing! FX for you!

23. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

Cycle Day: cd 1
    TTC Cycle #: 3
    Ovulation and POAS dates: should O 1/14 and POAS 1/25
    Baby #: 2
    Your plan this month: opks, temping, and weaning LO
    Chart link:

And just for fun… what is your New Year's resolution for 2015? Getting back on my cardio and keeping my GPA high while I finish up my prerequisite classes for nursing

24. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

Good luck ladies

25. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@fancyfunction: @californiadreams: thanks you

@californiadreams: all it takes is one! I thought we didn't have ideal timing last cycle, as the same thing happened to us, but it ended up working!

26. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@californiadreams: we had the same timing as you and I am also kind of bummed about it...but nothing I can do now! Fx that one of those times was it for you!

4dpo over here and really going to try not to symptom spot this TWW.

@NovBaby1112: so happy for you!!

27. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: thanks mama...I am rooting so, so hard for you this cycle!

28. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@NovBaby1112: Congratulations!!!!

29. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@NovBaby1112: congrats!!!

I don't usually TWW symptom spot... But I think I will be this time. 3 DPO and time is already going crazy slow. Plus I keep getting pregnancy announcements from friends and on my newsfeed on FB. Happy for them but sad trombone for me.

30. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@NovBaby1112: Congrats! Thanks for the cheerleading

@californiadreams: It only takes one lucky shot! With my first DS we only DTD once and that was either O day or the day after - I had been out of town for a week so wasn't even temping. This was after 18 mos of charting, supplements, perfect timing, trying everything in the book. You never know! As for the LP, I took the B vitamins for several months and I think eventually it helped. I looked back over my charts in hopes of giving you more info but since I didn't document when I was taking what, I can't really help. It looks like earlier on my LP was around 9-10 days and later it was 11-13.

31. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@Honeygold89: good luck with school!

@NovBaby1112: @hilsy85: @Mrs. J: thanks for the encouragement!
    @shellio: Thanks for the info! I'm thinking I should wean first but it's gonna be such a challenge - I was hoping he would self-wean while I was pregnant.

32. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@californiadreams: GL with weaning! You're right, I'm sure that is likely to help with your LP too. I was lucky in that way - neither of my kids cared very much about nursing so weaning was easy, I just stopped

33. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@shellio: the only time I nurse is when putting him to bed or nap. I know he is fully capable of going to sleep without it since DH often does nap or bedtime (and he naps at daycare), but LO just has a hugely strong association with me and nursing and bedtime. I don't think Ive ever done bedtime without nursing. I think he nurses to keep me in the room longer and avoid going to bed sometime! so maybe I just need to be more firm too which will be the challenging part because then he will cry :(. So thanks I'll need the good luck I think!

34. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@californiadreams: thank you. It's a 3.8 just want to keep it above 3.5. Good luck to you hopefully you don't have to wean I think I have to in order to get my bfp but we'll see this cycle since I have started weaning now

35. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Honeygold89: good luck this cycle and with weaning! It was really hard but it got me my BFP. Let me know if you need any tips for weaning or drying up your milk.

36. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@MrsMccarthy: thank you. I was just wondering what to do about drying up my milk. Can you wall me about it thanks in advance!

37. MittenMama

apple seed / 3 posts

Hey everyone! My first post!

Cycle Day: 15
    TTC Cycle #: 3
    Ovulation and POAS dates: Supposed to O around the 31st-2nd and POAS around the 22nd... Since stopping BC, my cycles have ranged from 30-41 days, so I'm never sure when AF should be arriving...
    Baby #: 2, DD is 24 months
    Your plan this month: Started using OPKs and try to relax now that the holidays are over
    Chart link: none
    Resolution: Get pregnant (obviously)! And try to get out and explore our area more with DD

38. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@MittenMama: welcome and good luck

39. FairSeas

coffee bean / 37 posts

This is my first cycle using OPKs. I know I've previously ovulated as early as CD 13, but last cycle, I think it was day 19, so I started testing on day 8 to be on the safe side. I saw the line the first couple days, very faint, then it became non-existent, now it's back to there, but faint. Forgot to bring one with me to work today, so I'll have to test this evening (today is CD 17). How much does time of day matter as long as it's not first thing? I'm also temping, so I have that as back up, but the OPKs are really confusing. At least it gives me something to do/look forward to every day.

40. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

POAS Dates

BFP!
    NovBaby1112

TBD: DesertDreams58; hellobeeboston; chaosmaven

1/2: californiadreams
    1/4: CarrieLouWho
    1/7: JennyG; 2farmmoms; elljay
    1/8: hilsy85
    1/11: FairSeas; mrsjenbug; shellio
    1/12: NorthStar