Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

A Year of New Beginnings and BFPS! - January 2015 POAS

1. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

We are taking Jan off so I can lose some holiday weight but I will cheerlead for everyone else this month

2. FairSeas

coffee bean / 37 posts

Could be a little darker, but is this possibly a positive opk? I got a darkish one last night around 7pm and this is from first thing this morning (all after 8 days of super faint lines).

3. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@FairSeas: I would say that's postitive! Get busy!

4. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

CD5 today - no symptoms to spot... but I am excited that I've got an acupuncture appointment this afternoon! I've been going weekly for the last month (it's been a huge help!) but had to skip last week because my practitioner took the week off. Looking forward to a little relaxation and mediation!

Anyone else doing acupuncture?

5. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@CarrieLouWho: I'm not doing acupuncture now, but I did while trying to TTC my first, and I loved it! It was so relaxing. Enjoy - I'm sure it will feel extra good after missing a week!

6. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

Cycle Day: 1
    TTC Cycle #: 4
    Ovulation and POAS dates: O around 1/13, POAS on 1/28?
    Baby #: 2 - I have a LO who is 23 months. This will be my third pregnancy, as I had a BFP in Oct, m/c at 6 weeks.
    Your plan this month: Temping, OPKs, meeting with my doctor to ask about testing my hormone levels due to spotting issues that are really screwing up my LP.
    And just for fun… what is your New Year's resolution for 2015? A sugar detox for the month of January, a better gym routine and to read more!

7. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

I can't believe we are jumping back into the TTC game - equal parts excited and petrified!

Cycle Day: 4
    TTC Cycle #: 1
    Ovulation and POAS dates: O: Jan 9th POAS: Jan 23rd ... Though I'll probably cave and test a few days earlier
    Baby #: 2 - DD is 16 months
    Your plan this month: It's only our first cycle so I'm really trying to ease into it and not get too stressed. But it would really work out perfect if we got a BFP in terms of my job and maternity leave
    Chart link: No chart - just trying to be casual this time! If there's no BFP within a few months I will start charting.

Good luck ladies!!!

8. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

I'm so excited to finally be able to join one of these threads!
    Cycle Day: 1
    TTC Cycle #: 1
    Ovulation and POAS dates: Still adjusting to not having an IUD (this is my second cycle post removal). Last cycle I ovulated on CD 23 with an 11 day LP which would make my O date 1/21 and POAS date around 1/31. I have PCOS with long cycles, so I was thrilled this past cycle to ovulate and only have a 35 day cycle! Hoping this trend continues
    Baby #: 2. DS is 21 months
    Your plan this month: Trying to be relaxed and just BD as much as possible. I'll probably use OPKs too.

And just for fun… what is your New Year's resolution for 2015? Try to have more patience and enjoy and appreciate the little things!

9. SugarplumsMom

bananas / 9227 posts

CD12
    Officially TTC cycle #1 since we missed last cycle due to illness. We were NTNP the month prior to that.
    POAS on Jan. 18th
    Baby #: 2
    Your plan this month: Just trying to get busy during the right times + Preseed

10. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@shellio: I did acupuncture with my first too and it was a huge help I think! My cycles were all crazy and as soon as I started going, things went a little more back to normal.

My session yesterday was great - super relaxing!

I think I am going to change my POAS day. Sunday 1/4 will only be 10 DPO (CD28)... I think I want to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday for CD 30 or 31 (12 or 13 DPO) since my cycles are usually longer and I O'd on CD 18. We will see if I can hold out that long!

11. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@Chaosmaven: You mentioned a short LP in another thread. I took B vitamins when TTC my first, and I think it helped. It didn't happen the first month or anything but I think it did help eventually. I think it was B6 - I would google for details, I always referred to TCOYF at the time. Hoping we both get our BFPs this month

12. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

I'll be a cheerleader this month. I'm on CD 36. Still no AF still a BFN. Even I'd I started tomorrow I couldn't test till the 31st anyway so... LET'S START THE NE YEAR WITH A BUNCH OF BFPS. GOOD LUCK LADIES

13. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

Just wanted to say good luck to all the January POAS ladies. I will be cheering all of you on hardcore, hoping for many BFPs for the New Year!

14. FairSeas

coffee bean / 37 posts

Even though I'm pretty sure I didn't o til CD 19 last time, based on the opks this cycle, I was really expecting to see that temp jump this morning on CD19. It's been a steady upward temp trend the last three days (just reached 97.1 this am). I really hope I see the jump tomorrow. I'm a little concerned after reading far too much on the internet that maybe I'm having anovulatory cycles, or at a minimum LPs that are to short. Bah.

15. shortiecake

grape / 94 posts

Joining super late! I've only got a few more days...hopefully 2015 will start off with some good news!

Cycle Day: 23 -- 8DPO today!
    TTC Cycle #: 8...but 5th with actually "good" timing
    Ovulation and POAS dates: I O'd on CD15 and POAS will be 1/4/15 (the day AF is due)
    Baby #: 1
    Your plan this month: I've been temping daily but this month I started using a new thermometer. Crazy how much lower my temps are with it. I also used OPKs and am pretty pleased with our timing for BD. Considering I'm 8DPO I haven't been symptom spotting too terribly...but also not noticing much in the way of symptoms anyway...
    Chart link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/#/m/chart.php?_t=1420046210

And just for fun… what is your New Year's resolution for 2015? Get back into an exercise routine & try to be healthier overall.

16. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

POAS Dates

BFP!
    NovBaby1112

TBD: DesertDreams58; hellobeeboston

1/2: californiadreams
    1/4: shortiecake
    1/7: CarrieLouWho; JennyG; 2farmmoms; elljay
    1/8: hilsy85
    1/11: FairSeas; mrsjenbug; shellio
    1/12: NorthStar
    1/15: NovBaby1112
    1/16: snickers
    1/18: SugarplumsMom
    1/19: Willow
    1/20: mrs scrapbook
    1/21: DesertDreams88
    1/22: MittenMama
    1/23: Charm54
    1/24: MrsDoo
    1/25: Mrs.GM; Honeygold89
    1/28: chaosmaven
    1/31: wheres_c; jodyblair

Cheerleaders: AprilFool; AMommyThang

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve! Here's to lots of BFPs for all those testing this month - good luck!

17. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

@shellio: I've been looking into that! I think I'm going to add a B-Complex vitamin this month, just to see the effects - hopefully it will help me create balance for my body. Good luck this month - hopefully we both get a great start to this year!

18. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@jodyblair: I got my IUD out in August - so hard to adjust to monthly cycles again! I had a solid few years which were blissfully period-free

Happy New Year's Eve everyone! Looking forward to seeing lots of BFPs come January!

19. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

Had a positive OPK yesterday and now it's BD mode! How many days after getting a positive OPK should we be BD? In the past, I wonder if we quit too soon..

I'm so hopeful for everyone on here for BFP this month and if not, at least in 2015!

20. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Chaosmaven: if you want to lengthen your LP, then I think that the B Complex would help with that. I was doing B12, B6 and Vitamin C (among some other things prior) and that seemed to help. The B Complex is all in one pill (from what I can tell).

21. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

@NorthStar: Yeah, it seemed to have the best combination of what I needed - hopefully it helps! In terms of how long to BD after a positive OPK, most recommend three days including O day at a minimum, but I was having an issue with my body attempting to O and then delaying a few days. I didn't figure this out until I started temping. Now we BD every other day, until I see a sustained temp rise indicating I actually ovulated.

22. CObee

cherry / 189 posts

Hi ladies! This is my first time joining a Poas board- I've lurked many times before but could really use some online friends' input and advice this time around! I had a miscarriage two cycles ago, so this is our first one trying again, and I'm driving myself (and my husband) crazy with how anxious/excited/confused I am about my weird cycle and fertility signs, haha. I am just so ready to get pregnant again and move past our loss, it's just about all I can think about. So thanks in advance for letting me join this TTC journey with you!

Cycle Day: 18
    TTC Cycle #: 1 post miscarriage, 3 total
    Ovulation and POAS dates: dec 26 or 29?? Not sure. And Poas as early as jan 5th, but not super confident in that O date so that might change
    Baby #: 2, we have an almost 3 year old DD
    Your plan this month: chart, enjoy lots of holiday bd-ing, and pray
    Chart link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33c2b8//thumb.png

23. CObee

cherry / 189 posts

Did that chart link work? Maybe this one: is better - [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33c2b8//thumb.png[/img]
    Or this one? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33c2b8/

I wanted to ask what you ladies thought of my O date- it seems like it could have been the 26th, but I have had a ton of ewcm after that, which hasn't really ever happened after O for me. What do you think?

24. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@CObee: I have never followed CM so can't speak to that but temp-wise, it definitely looks like the 26th to me! Hopefully today was an implantation dip!!

25. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

So I have a dumb question. Is fertility friend only really useful if you're temping? I'm using a few different apps to track ovulation and I like fertility friend because it seems the most comprehensive but it's telling me that ovulation wasn't detected. Is that only because I'm not entering any temps? I really don't want to jump right into temping unless TTC seems to be taking a while.

26. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Chaosmaven: I'll hopefully be jumping in on this thread... waiting on AF and then FET cycle, all going well! To be determined....

27. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@jodyblair: It will also detect ovulation with OPKs but just tracking your cycle/CM it won't give crosshairs.

28. FairSeas

coffee bean / 37 posts

@jodyblair: I have only used the "advanced" setting and that has only automatically note o when I've entered temps. It doesn't mark it until it notes three (I think) days of raised temps.

I believe if you change the I detection settings it will use other data to note o. Go to "More", "Settings", and "Detection/override". I don't know the specifics of using the other settings though.

29. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

8dpo here and feeling discouraged...I had a temp drop down to my coverline today, which I guess could be implantation? I don't know if I"ll be able to make it to 1/7, since I have a whole bunch of wondfos. I might start testing tomorrow just to start peeing on things and get that out of my system!

Happy new year to everyone! @jaguar: hoping AF shows for you ASAP!

30. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: I use fertility friend and I don't temp. I use it and put in my positive opks and it still estimates when I ovulate. I also use it to track BD timing. Going to start temping this month though.

@hilsy85: that could def mean an implantation dip! Fingers crossed for you. I'm totally the same way with the Internet cheapies- love peeing on sticks but then I go crazy analyzing every shadow and mark.

Well, that was short lived. Looks like I'm back. I'M not sure if my DR is going to tell us to wait a cycle or not, but I'm hoping not since it was so early. I also have no clue if my cycle will be messed up this month or not, going to start temping so I can track O for sure. CD2 today, normally O between CD10-12 so I'll add myself to the POAS date once I hopefully ovulate. I'm thinking Jan 25 will be my POAS day.

31. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: big hugs From what I have heard, there's no need to wait a cycle with a CP, but of course your doctor will have better info than me!! And ugh of course you're right--I'll move from obsessing over temps to obsessing over wondfos!! I told myself I wouldn't temp during the TWW this cycle, but I can't help myself!

32. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: yea im thinking I won't have to wait either, but I'll see. I just hope my cycle isn't too messed up. Yea, it's so hard to NOT obsess though. The TWW just seems to drag! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

33. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@hilsy85: I got both of my BFPs at 8-10 dpo! Definitely test tomorrow if you have wondfos around.

34. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@jodyblair: I don't temp and still use Fertility Friend. It has helped me time our BDing better. This past month has been our best yet, even while visiting family over the holidays.

@hilsy85: I'm at 8 dpo too and thinking about POAS tomorrow too for the same reason. This TWW is dragging.

35. SunnyFarmMama

cherry / 114 posts

Cheering all you ladies on!!! Looking forward to many more BFPs and mamas to join the September due date board

36. FairSeas

coffee bean / 37 posts

Got my temp rise today, but obsessing over the little things that could've influenced it: went to bed late, had a couple glasses of champs last night, but def held back to try and lessen impact on my temps, was about 40 min late taking my temp this am. The spike was .7 degrees though, which is a lot. Alcohol and late temp haven't been spiking me more than a degree or two. Waaaah!!! So many variables!!! Should've skipped the drinks and ball drop last night!!

37. FairSeas

coffee bean / 37 posts

@NovBaby1112: ahh, frustrating sorry to hear this.

38. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Best wishes to you all! I hope the new year brings you all BFPs

39. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@NovBaby1112: sorry to hear hope this cycling bring a sticky bfp for you!

40. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

Happy New Years everyone!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee