Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas - Nursery Progress

1. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: Super cute ideas! The crib is fabulously modern and the curtains look really nice.
    @astro bee: We have a gallery wall above J's bed. Nothing has ever fallen and they're high enough up that J won't be able to reach them for quite awhile. We put them on the wall with wall mounting tape strips and they work really well. But there is always that risk...
    @Banana330: Super cute decals!

2. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@marionberry: I'm probably going to put a gallery wall over LO's crib too. The frames I'm thinking of using are really light so I don't imagine them doing much damage even if she were somehow able to get them down.

We picked a paint color! Benjamin Moore Moonshine. (I'm searching for a pic online of a room with that paint in it to include here, and just discovered that's the color that Young House Love used in their dining room: http://www.younghouselove.com/2011/05/its-about-darn-time/ )

It's a gray color but looks light blue when the sun is shining in our nursery, which it will be for most of my summer maternity leave.

3. loki

pear / 1787 posts

All your rooms look amazing guys!

I'm loving our nursery, though my dad didn't get a chance to put together the hemnes. He also didn't put the crib skirt on so I'm going to need to take out the base, and put it in properly (after an intense steaming and or ironing). That chair and lamp aren't staying. Still lots to do!

4. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Hey ladies, so I cut out the decals and tried 100 different configurations for the above the crib area. They are pretty big, which limits the number you can fit. Any suggestions on how to configure? This is the one we like best....

5. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: looks great! Love the softness of the space!

6. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: that looks AMAZING, love those decals and then configuration is perfect in my opinion!

7. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Astro Bee: love the progress shots! My change table is narrow too, I was thinking of getting a bassinet pad and using that as it's smaller but then I came across the keekaroo peanut which I think might be narrow enough - @Banana330: is that a keekaroo peanut I spy on top of your hemnes? Do you like it? I'm considering getting the white one...

@SunshineMcC: love the crib and curtain choices! Can't wait to see the room as it comes together.

@Banana330: those decals look great and I think the positioning is good! I love the colors you've chosen for your nursery. I am also planning on using decals on the wall above the crib as I am too scared to hang frames (we are in an earthquake zone so it's not worth it!)

@loki: your nursery is coming together so nicely! LOVE the mint green walls. Can't wait to see more shots.

Our nursery hasn't progressed much since we set up the crib... we are in the process of 'upgrading' the office shelves to a change table so hopefully that will be finished this weekend and I will post some shots!

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: It is the Keekaroo! I love it (although i've never used it yet) I just love the option of wipe and go rather than having covers to change. It seems really heavy duty too.

9. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: glad you like it! I think I am going to get it. I also love the idea of just wiping it down plus I like the fact that it will just stick to whatever surface you put it on and not slide.

FYI for anyone interested, Diapers.com has a deal on at the moment for nursery stuff (bedding, swaddles, decor, gliders etc) if you spend $50 get $10 off, spend $200 get $40 off etc... (essentially 20% off). I ordered a few swaddles and crib sheets and they got here SO FAST!

10. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: thanks so much. The code didn't work cuz I'm in Canada but I still dropped $100 :S

11. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@loki: oh no, such a pain that you can't use the discount code in Canada! I'm really loving diapers.com, they seem to have all the brands I really like.

12. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Ok, Here we go! DH & his brother spent 2 hours moving furniture last night! Here are some pics of the mostly empty room! The only thing staying is the chair!! Wish us luck!

13. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: I love the color!

14. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

And here is the changing table/desser - hardware off and sanded. We're painting s bright white with done kind of beach themed hardware.

@marionberry: thanks! We do too - very beachy and happy!

15. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Crib is put together! Furniture is drying and will be moved into the room tomorrow! SO excited! DH is going to touch up trim work in the room while I'm out in the morning. It's finally starting to come together! I feel so much more at peace and relaxed than I did a few days ago. Hallelujah!

16. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Here is our progress from the weekend! The shelf needs one more coat of paint and I need to put the hardware on, but am feeling great about how it's looking! Next : curtains and decor!!

17. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@SunshineMcC: looking great so far! I love how calm and light your room is. It'll be such a serene place for you and your LO!

18. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: Your nursery looks so clean compared to mine right now - which looks as if a tornado hit it. I love the combo of colors and am excited to see what it looks like when you add the other decor elements.

19. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@SunshineMcC: Love the color!

Update on our nursery: it's painted, woohoo!! DH worked hard to get it done and it is gorgeous. Light gray that looks pale blue in the sunlight, all the way up to the 12-ft vaulted ceilings. Makes me feel peaceful like I'm up above the clouds. I sat down on the daybed in there and just soaked it in for a while this evening until DH reminded me that even zero-VOC paint still has some fumes, whoops. But now I'm ready to start putting stuff on the walls, so the fun part begins.

20. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@PawPrints: Yay! Exciting. I'm so jealous of everyone who is painting. That's just one task we'd be unable to do unless family could take j for a day or two so we agreed just to decorate with decor once more.

21. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@SunshineMcC: everything looks amazing, it's so calming!

i didn't do much on the nursery this weekend but i made a ribbon garland that i'm OBSESSED with. so i'm going to hang that above the crib. I also went to staples yesterday and got a bunch of prints done so i'll pick those up tonight and decide what's going in which frames and what the gallery wall layout is going to be. next weekend DH has promised to put together our hemnes and i can't wait to see it in the room with the hardware on so i can start planning the space and hanging stuff up!

22. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

Great progress on your nurseries over the last week, ladies! Things are really starting to come together.

I overheard DH talking this evening to his mother, telling her that we're almost done with the nursery. Uh, excuse me?!? We have the crib and dresser/change table put together, a rug down, and the glider ordered, but that's it! No mattress, no sheets, no change pad, no curtains, and a closet still full of scuba stuff. And that's just the bare minimum requirements for a nursery. There is also nothing on the walls, no crib skirt, no toiletries, no diaper pail, no mobile, and we haven't painted yet. I realize that those things aren't strictly necessary, but I had mentioned to DH what I'd like to do. He usually leaves everything up to me when it comes to decorating, which I'm totally okay with. But in this case, is he blind or did it go in one ear and out the other?

23. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Astro Bee: He's just a guy. That sounds like something my DH would say. I constantly have to remind him of what we still need to buy or do. I just think they don't care enough to focus on the details nor do they think the details even really need to exist, so to them all that baby needs is already there.

24. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Astro Bee: haha totally sounds like something my DH would say too!!!

i got some prints and put them in frames for the nursery. i plan on doing a gallery wall over the dresser/change table. does this look too symmetrical/messy? i plan on getting letters to spell out her name and put in the middle under the map (once we decide on her name, ugh!). do i need to add anything? once i get my maternity photos & newborn photos i will swap some of these prints out for those photos. let me know what you think!

25. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@loki: I think it looks super cute! The name will add to it too. Great job!

26. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Marionberry: @Loki: I know. Sometimes I just get frustrated. I'm going on a big online spending spree this week to pick up the rest of what we need.

Loki, I really like the frames and prints. Great layout! Her name will just make it even better.

27. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: That looks really great! I love the frames!

28. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: @Astro Bee: @NeekieRose: thanks guys! i'll probably play around with it 100 times before actually putting it on the wall but i think it's looking decent for now.

29. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@loki: looks amazing!! Lots of textures and colors that work well together. I would look for one more oval frame for the right side. Not in the same spot but to visually balance it.

30. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@youboots: that's a good idea. i just used frames we had around the house already, other than the gray brown ones. the bottom right hello frame i grabbed off our shelves in our family room! haha. so maybe that spot might be good. i thought about doing some patterned fabric in a cross stitch frame so that might be a good spot for it too. thanks!

31. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Boopers: @marionberry: @PawPrints: @loki: thanks, all! Though Charlie and I were saying earlier today that maybe we were talking too much about the nursery and LO decided he wants to come out now and see it! Ha!

I'm waiting on fabric samples to get here, then going to pick one - leaning away from the stripes and back to something more calm. Ordering curtain rods and sheers online, as well as fun new hardware for the closet.

@PawPrints: the color sounds gorgeous - can't wait to see pics of your progress.

@loki: this looks beautiful. I love the map and the colors - that will look so pretty in your room. I think adding her name in letters underneath will be beautiful. Great idea to lay out everything on the floor for design - I'm going to do that too before I start hammering away on the wall.

@Astro Bee: Sorry about your DH's comment. I totally agree with @marionberry - we're consumed with this stuff and our guys are almost oblivious to it all!

32. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Made a little more progress on Reagan's big girl room this weekend. Bought all the fabric for the different things I need to make (curtains, valance, bench seat cover, pillows). And the pink paint for her bed and bench. I'm about 85% done with the curtains. Hopefully this time next week I will have most of the sewing done and the bed will be bought and assembled...

33. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: those fabrics are beautiful and go so well together! i'm so impressed you're doing all that sewing!!!

we assembled the dresser this weekend and it looks so cute. the room is looking precious... now i can start putting things up on the walls which will be my favourite part... room is almost done!

also my girl friends ordered the glider so just waiting for that to come in. also waiting on a crib sheet i ordered that i adore. then just need to wash some clothes & put them away but i'll wait until march for that!

34. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@loki: I know you are in ON to and I am just wondering where you ended up getting your crib sheets from?

@NeekieRose: Beautiful fabrics, does your LO know she is getting a new room? Or will it be a surprise for her?

35. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@mrswin: i was really stupid and ordered a crazy expensive crib sheet from diapers.com that came along with insane shipping prices. there is something wrong with me! haha. so i'm not that helpful. i've just found it SO hard to find really cute, patterned crib sheets i love. i also registered for some plain ones and will probably pick up some spares at target. but i really wanted a pretty floral one and was struggling to find something i loved so i pulled the trigger.

36. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Thanks! I don't sew that much, so hopefully it will all work out!

@mrswin: She's only 15 months so we have told her, but I don't think she understands what it means at all. Especially since her new room currently has all the painting stuff still in it and is otherwise empty.

37. loki

pear / 1787 posts

my crazy expensive crib sheet arrived last night and i'm so obsessed with it! it looks darker in the pictures than it does in real life, it's a lot more pastel-y than it looks. even though there's like no blue in the room and the sheet is blue, i think it looks good. i included a picture with my deer head on the sheet just to show the pattern on it a bit better.

i also have the ribbon garland hanging on the crib. so my plan is to have the ribbon garland on the wall above the crib and then the deer head above that. i'm picturing it looking really great but i hope it does.

also we got the new drawer pulls on our hemnes and i think they look amazing! i am loving this room, it makes me so happy every time i walk by it

38. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: It looks great! I love the knobs, they totally class up the dresser! I thought about getting new ones for our smaller hemnes but couldn't be bothered with the expense. Now i'm wondering if I should have.

39. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: i got these from lee valley online and it was about $50 with the shipping. so you could do it for less if you went to the store. i didn't think it was bad. i just didn't want the normal black knobs because everything in the room is so light and airy!

40. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Looks so good! Love the deer head!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee