Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Jenn23: Congratulations! You both look great -she is just adorable!!!!! Glad to hear you're going home tomorrow!

@As Time Goes By: thanks!!!

We had another appointment this morning (40+3!), and I'm still not dilated, though things are softening a bit. My BP and baby's NST were good, so we're sitting tight. Still scheduled for an induction on Sunday at 5pm to get things going if baby doesn't make an appearance on his own. We're still hoping that he will, but it's exciting to have this scheduled too - our doctor went through all the steps and told us what to expect, so that was helpful. He said to be prepared for 12-36 hours to labor after the cervadil is removed and they break my water, so it could be pretty intense! In any event, knowing that we'll be meeting this guy soon is so, so exciting!

2. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Jenn23: oh I adore her little fuzzy head!

3. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

I'm so behind on here but stalking and loving all the April babies

4. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

How's everyone doing??? Still no action here, so planning to start the induction at 5pm tomorrow evening (Sunday)! So excited!!! My parents are coming in the morning so am really looking forward to seeing them and spending some time with them before we check in to the hospital! Tonight's the last night DH and I will be sleeping at home without our LO here - so neat to think about!

5. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@SunshineMcC: Exciting, good luck!

We are doing well at home, and I can't believe LO will already be one week old tomorrow. She has been pretty easy so far, other than minor challenges latching -, we're working through that though and I'm ready enjoying breastfeeding. Pediatrician was happy with her weight at her Thursday appointment so we are happy!

Good luck to all with births coming soon!

6. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@SunshineMcC: good luck! Excited to hear updates from you. Enjoy the time with your parents and DH before baby comes

@PawPrints: I can't believe it will be a week for us too! We were also having difficulty with breastfeeding but we saw the most incredible lactation consultant and she's pretty much our favorite person right now. LO has made a ton of progress and is only an ounce away from his birth weight. Keep at it! I hope it gets easier for you!

7. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@SunshineMcC: so excited for you! Not long now!!

8. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Boopers: We have a similar relationship with a LC now; we saw her twice last week and have an appointment for Monday. She totally got us through this crazy engorgement period. Thank God for LCs.

9. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: I can't believe with all of your previous struggles that you still haven't had this baby. So excited for you to see him today!!

I'm following everyone's stories but rarely have time to respond. I'm glad everyone is doing so well and that LCs are helping those of you with breastfeeding issues. Both boys had a little difficulty latching but after catching colds it got much worse so I've almost exclusively pumped for awhile. I'm barely sleeping lately as I deal with them both cluster feeding. i can't wait until my babies start sleeping better and waking less!

10. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@SunshineMcC: so excited for you today!!!! Hoping you have an amazing birth experience!

We're doing pretty good over here. Dd (2.5) has been adjusting well but definitely craving some attention. She's pretty tantrumy but we're getting through it. Connor was extremely fussy last night for 3hours from 6-9 but then slept a 5.5 hour stretch that was amazing! Hoping his fussyness was a one time deal. I think he's dealing with some gas issues, so if anyone has tips I would gladly take them!

@Boopers: @PawPrints: I think I need to make an appt with a lactation consultant. Connor is 10 days old now and it still hurts when he latches on. I think he has a shallow latch, but I can't get him to open wider!

11. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@marionberry: we barely made it through one night of cluster feeding with one baby, I cannot imagine how exhausted you feel! How are the twins doing? How is life with 3 kiddos now that you've been doing this a few weeks?

12. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@SunshineMcC: good luck tonight! It's so exciting knowing baby will be here so soon!

@PawPrints: did you do anything in particular to help with latching through engorgement? That's just started here and hand expression is only working well on one side.

13. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@marionberry: I couldn't imagine doing this with twins (and a toddler!) you are an amazing mama!

14. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: happy induction day!! I can't imagine how excited you must be; I'm 38 +4 and am getting annoyed that I'm still pregnant lol I've been having fairly consistent contractions since about 430 am. I've been doing squats and exercises and hoping standing at church will just push it into real labor! lol can't wait to see pictures of your little one!

15. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@yellowbird: The best answer for gas is gripe water. Our ds1 took it consistently for the first few months of his life and it was a lifesaver. It's all natural and worked better for us than gas drops.
    @boppers: We have good and bad days. There's much more of a rhythm now but when I'm alone with all 3 kids in the mornings it can be pretty difficult. It's definitely adding the toddler that's the hard part. Twins by themselves are not too bad.
    @As Time Goes By: Can you pump to relieve it a little first? And thank you for the sentiment. It is certainly hard work but I know it will get easier.

16. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@As Time Goes By: For engorgement:

-I keep a hand pump by the bed and use it before nursing to draw the nipple out and soften the tissue around it
    -LC also gave me a nipple shield that is helping a ton. On one side I'm using it most of the time, on the other side I can usually take it off after a minute of nursing once LO's sucking has drawn the nipple forward. A temporary fix for a temporary problem hopefully, it's been a huge help.
    -If I'm still engorged after a nursing session, pump for just like one minute to relieve that side.

17. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@marionberry: @PawPrints: thanks! I think it's time I pull out the pump.

18. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: hope the induction is going well!!

I just saw on Facebook that a friend had their May baby 3 weeks early! I feel like this baby is never coming out and I'm not even overdue yet!

19. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@SunshineMcC: thinking about you!!

20. Mrs. Sunshine

@Banana330: I'm right there with ya!! I'm still hoping that she comes today so I don't have to have a slightly confrontational appointment with my OB tomorrow regarding a completely unnecessary induction

21. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: stick your ground, if it's just for their convenience why do it? Although the way I'm feeling right now, I might do it!

22. Mrs. Sunshine

@Banana330: I know it's so hard because I want her to be here BUT I was induced last time and we might be done after this so I want to at least have the chance to have a different experience. I do want to say yes so badly though!

23. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: my midwives won't induce until 41w3 at the very earliest unless medically needed!

If you want to give it a try ask to wait until then...

24. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @Banana330: yeah well my baby is never coming. She's almost a week late now. My sone was just shy of two weeks late so apparently if I get preggers, my uterus is very hospitable. Gonna do a membrane sweep to see if that encourages things. If it doesn't I have an ultrasound Friday.

If you do extensive monitoring (think ultrasound and nst every couple days) you should be able to go longer.

25. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@brownie: you have the patience of a saint!

26. Mrs. Sunshine

Thankfully my doc was super nice and it wasn't the huge deal I thought it might be! I've not dialated much since last week but he said that doesn't mean much. Then he just went over the days he would be out and who would be covering him in case I went into labor while he was gone and that was it. So glad he didn't push the induction!

27. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Yay! that's great news.

I wasn't feeling much movement yesterday so went in for a NST, baby heartrate was great, but my blood pressure was high then dropped again. They can't really figure out why it's doing that. The midwife did a cervical check, and fingertip dilated... I've got an acupuncture appointment today, so we'll see if that kick starts things.

Is anyone else getting daily texts from people asking if the baby has come? I know they mean well, but it drives me slightly crazy!

28. Mrs. Sunshine

@Banana330: my effing husband does it to me! I hated it last pregnancy and I hate it this tIme. Does he honestly think I'd be in labor and not call him? Geez, leave me alone! lol
    I'm glad everything with LO is okay....hoping they show up soon!

29. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Ha ha I'm just picturing you not calling him in labour!

30. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: thinking about you....

31. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: I am so happy for you. I wasn't dilated just effacing on Monday.

I think that we will end up inducing at 42 weeks next Wednesday.

32. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Glad everything worked out!

I went to my 39 week appointment, begged my doctor for a cervical check and he refused. He said, "Look, you could be dilated to a 5 but you're not in labor, so what does it matter?" Ugh, I thought I was going to have a rage blackout! I dealt with my feelings by eating a burger and fries and some Easter candy I got on sale at CVS. Awesome. Oh, and I picked up some Castor oil, which I plan on taking tomorrow morning

33. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@SunshineMcC: I hope you and baby are doing well after your induction!

@Mrs. Sunshine: I'm sure that was such a relief!

@meredithNYC: I'm sorry your sppiintment wasn't what you wanted.

Here we are celebrating one week of parenthood! I had my last at home visit from my midwives and everything is going pretty well. W is back at birth weight. He had jaundice and we were monitoring it over the weekend with blood draws, but it is clearing up without any phototherapy. We've really been taking it easy around the house and enjoying our time as a family of three.

34. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

I will try and post the birth story in a couple of days but the short version is that Savannah Claire arrived on the 13th at 3:30pm weighing 6lb 13oz!

35. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

My sister told me yesterday that baby Girl would be here today. She may be right. I'm hanging out in bed (snuggled with my son) having contractions (very different from the ones I have been having) about every 10 minutes for about 4 hours. Now for things to keep moving along. Crossing fingers.

36. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@mrswin: Congratulations!

@brownie: Sounds like things are progressing nicely! Fingers crossed you will be headed to the hospital soon

37. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@mrswin: Congrats! welcome baby Savannah!

@brownie: Super exciting. Hopefully things keep progressing.

38. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@mrswin: congratulations onSacannah's arrival!

@brownie: hopefully things keep picking up!

39. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@brownie: Good luck! Hoping today is the day!

40. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@meredithNYC: @Banana330: @As Time Goes By: Thanks ladies.

@brownie: Hope things are progressing for you!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee