Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: baby gap!

2. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: so funny, the red one Gemma is wearing is from there too. It looks so much bigger on your precious tiny girl!

3. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: ya it only just fits!

4. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Banana330: So cute! Such big eyes!

@loki: Glad to see you back on here and that everything is going much better. Gemma is so adorable! And I love the flower numbers.

5. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

So Ryan is massive. She will be 13 weeks tomorrow and 3 months on Wednesday. When I weighed and measured her last week she clocked in at 15 lbs (90th percentile) and just over 26 inches (over 99th percentile)! At her two month appointment her stats were almost identical to DD1's stats at her 4 month appointment. And she has 2 teeth already. Apparently she missed the memo that she may be my last baby and needs to not grow so quickly!

And here's some pictures of the two girls being super adorable. Clearly I like to dress them the same as often as possible.

6. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@NeekieRose: they are so cute! Love their patriotic shirts! My son is also huge! At 2 months he was already 25.5 inches. I think he's up to 14 lbs now and I'm sure a few more inches and he's not yet 3 months. It's crazy!

@loki: Gemma is such a doll!

Anyone suffering with me regarding swaddle weaning? I guess since my guy is so giant he is strong and is allllllmost rolling back to belly. He can get all the way into his side so swaddling probably isn't safe anymore. He has been sleeping 10 hours, wake to feed then 3 more hours. Last night he was up 4 times. Ugh!

7. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: OMG I am dying, these are just the cutest ever!!!! Makes me want a baby sister for Gemma (in a few years haha). And so cute, Gemma has that same romper but Canadian - only red and white with Canadian flags! Your girls are beautiful!

I was thinking... If anyone wants to exchange instagrams mine is lokihiro. I don't post a ton of baby pictures but definitely enough! I'd love to see all your little ones if that's something any of you are into! Add me!

8. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@yellowbird: Thank you! Glad to hear there are other giant babies. Ryan is literally wearing clothes that DD1 was wearing when she started walking (which was early at 9 months, but still!!). No help regarding the swaddle. We never really swaddled Ryan, but I hear you about the rolling back to belly; she's just about there too.

9. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Thank you! I am loving the two girls together so much and highly recommend siblings

10. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

Hi! I've been off the boards for few weeks but glad to see our board is getting busier now!

@loki! Welcome back! We missed you! Glad to hear things are going better now. Gemma looks adorable! I am totally up for exchanging instagrams! I will add you now! I'm lulu_lucinda I probably post too many baby photos

@NeekieRose: omg Ryan looks so much like you! So cute!

@ineebee: great idea on the update! I've done mine below

How old is your LO now? Just over 15 weeks
    Latest development? Grabbing things, putting things in his mouth and lifting his head up high during tummy time.
    Biggest joy? his excitement and smiles when I unswaddle him when he wakes up. Also when DH reads him his bedtime story, it's so cute and he gets SO chatty and talks right back as DH reads.
    Biggest challenge? Was probably his reflux although that is pretty under control now that I've quit dairy. Restless sleep is our new problem.
    How often does your LO eat? every 2.5-3.5 hours.
    How does your LO do during the night? He WAS doing 9pm to 6am but now we seem to be having a sleep regression (maybe the 4 month regression?) now he goes down at 9pm, stirs at 2am, I pacify him then he wakes at 3 or 4am and I feed him. Then he sleeps for an hour and then is really restless/needs to be pacified till 7am when I feed him next. Anyone else experiencing a sleep regression?
    Where does your LO sleep? In a cradle next to our bed. My sister is currently visiting and sleeping in his room, but after she goes we might try to move him to his crib in his own room.
    Anything else? He is a pretty cheery happy guy but is an absolute busy bee - hates snuggling, hates the ergo, always wants to be able to see the action - he loves sitting in my lap and watching the world very intently.

Happy 4th to everyone! I'm pretty excited to dress up LO on saturday, he is the first American in our family!

11. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@NeekieRose: they are so cute together! She does look bigger than 3 months.

12. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@loki: I am happy to hear that things got better for you! It's good to see you back!

@NeekieRose: your girls are adorable! W is pretty solid too... I'll get an official weigh in next week but my home scale is saying over 15 lbs!

@yellowbird: I'm no help since W has slept with his arms out from day 1 and now that it's so warm I don't use any blankets. Maybe try slowly weaning with one arm at a time or looser swaddles to let him get used to being able to move around?

Here is a picture of W from yesterday... He's definitely turning into a thumb sucker!

13. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lulu22: That's what a lot of people are saying. Ryan is a mini me and Reagan (DD1) is a mini DH. Glad to hear things are going well. What did you end up dressing him up in on Saturday? I may have worn a matching dress with both of my girls...

@As Time Goes By: so cute! Ryan is going for her thumb/fingers. She doesn't want the paci but loves her fingers!

14. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

How was everyone's Independence holiday weekend. Or Canada day!

15. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: we had a great weekend! My husband has some American relatives and every Canada Day weekend we head down close to Windsor/Detroit area for a family reunion. It was lovely having so much help with Gemma and get to relax! For our American friends:

16. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: very cute!

This board is so quiet. Anyone else back at work yet?

17. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@NeekieRose: Our Canada day was good pretty quiet as it was in the middle of the week and my inlaws had to be ferried to the airport. I won't be back at work until April 2016!

@loki: Gemma's so cute!

18. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@NeekieRose: I went back to work at 6 weeks with 3 weeks left in the school year but now I'm off again for summer. It was hard going back but I knew I had to power through only 3 weeks. I know it's going to be so much harder when I go back in August and send him to daycare.

We had a 3 month weight check today and M gained 3 pounds in a month! He weighs 12 lb 14 oz and has officially doubled his birth weight.

How is everyone else doing?

19. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on lately but taking care of 3 under 2 is a lot of work. Both the twins are doing great! 75th and 50th percentiles for height and weight at their 2 month appointment. They sleep from about 6-1 and then again until 4 or 5 and then again until 6 or so. We can't wait until they sleep longer. They've really started coming to life lately which is fun. Their big brother loves them to pieces too. Hope everyone is doing well! Here's a recent pic.

20. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@marionberry: they are adorable!

I feel like I jibxed things! I don't know if it's the 3 month growth spurt or the fourth wonder week but sleep has gone down hill over here. Over the last week we've gone from 1 wake up overnight and decent naps to waking every two hours and only napping on me. I feel like it's newborn days all over again!

21. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@NeekieRose: I've been back at work since June 19th! It's not so bad. I fed miss my kids like crazy but it's nice to not have to do every task for them all day long and get some adult interaction. My workplace has turned into a zoo though. It's crazy there.

Connor rolled over back to front a few days ago and then as we were getting ready for swaddle weaning boot camp next week he decided to roll over in his swaddle last night. We're going cold turkey arms out now and sleep is not great here. Blah

22. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@marionberry: The boys are so cute! Big sister over here is loving on her baby sister too. I thought DD was the cutest thing ever, but there is nothing that compares to them together.

@yellowbird: I came back on the 22nd...so about the same time. I like being back at work too even though I miss them.

@As Time Goes By: sorry to hear sleep is rough; hopefully it is getting better!

Ryan continues to think she is about 2 months older than she really is. She has 2 teeth; rolls both ways (hates being on her back, will roll immediately if placed on her back), and is starting to tripod.

Here are a couple recent pics:

23. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: oh my goodness, they are precious! are they on the same schedule? if so, that's good! I always imagined with twins they would always be on their own schedules!

@yellowbird: a few weeks ago, we had to go arms out cold turkey because she was waking up NONSTOP and struggling in her swaddle. life instantly got better.

we actually started doing a bit of light modified sleep training because we were rocking her to bed for like 2 hours and she was screaming every time she woke up and we'd have to rock her again. it became torture... I had no intentions of dropping the night feed and just wanted to regain some sanity. but she dropped it on her own! it's been 11 nights now and she has slept from about 7-730 to 7! I think she's going through a bit of a regression though now that she's four month... she was crying for under 2 minutes before and tonight was a bit rough. but i'm powering through because she is SUCH a happy baby now and getting sleep is kinda a dream!

she had her four month appointment on Friday and is 14 lbs 10 oz so she's doubled her birth weight! she isn't rolling over yet but rolling aggressively side to side so I imagine it's coming. she's starting to get a bit more solid in her sitting and puts a lot of weight on her feet when standing. life is good!

@NeekieRose: ryan is soooo advanced! I think she was born a day before or after gemma, no? gemma is the 30th. i'm so impressed with her rolling and teeth and sitting!!! I love seeing your girls on insta. i'm not back at work until next april, which I am feeling more and more grateful for. it's gonna be hard to leave her for sure! but at least I get a year with her so I can't complain.

hope everyone is doing well!!! anyone having any struggles? anything anyone wants to talk about?

24. loki

pear / 1787 posts

A couple recent photos, including her 4 month!

25. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

Wow I've missed a lot. So mine is 3.5 months and we have moved. It's just me and the two kids until daddy can get a job. I start work next week and the kids start daycare on the 24th. They got into the center at my school so no pumping yay!!! This one has some food issues I'm trying to get to the bottom of. But for the most part things are easy. She is definitely in a wonder week and doing new things every day. No rolling yet. But so. I am sure.

26. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@brownie: @loki: @NeekieRose: wow, they are all so cute. I'm surprised by how the different milestones come at different times.

Right around three months we went from rolling front to back to rolling all the time for a about 1.5 weeks she would instantly flip on to her front when put down. This led to overnight swaddle weaning which went surprisingly well. No teeth yet but tons of drool and a lot of chatter!

Sleep is still pretty unpredictable, wakes up once or twice sometime between 1-4am. Daytime naps range from 20-40min. I'm looking forward to a bit of a nap schedule whenever that happens.

She's got her 4 month in a few weeks, I'm interested to see how much she's grown!

27. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

I love hearing everyone's updates! M turns 4 months tomorrow and we get 4 month shots on Friday. I go back to work (again) next week and he'll start daycare. I'm totally sad even though I know it'll all be fine.

He rolled from belly to back for the first time two days ago and I got a super cute video of it. I think he'll roll back to belly soon.

We have hit the sleep regression over here. He was sleeping from 8/9-5/6 with no wake ups and now is waking up again to nurse at least once at night. He is also getting harder to put down at night. He takes short 30ish minute naps too. I think and hope daycare will help him with his napping schedule.

I cannot believe how big our babies are and how much they've learned to do. It's crazy to think that in a few months they'll all be sitting, crawling, cruising, etc.

Also, I got nostalgic when I saw the new April 2016 thread. It made me miss being pregnant, but I am definitely NOT ready to be pregnant again, ha!

28. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@loki: we've been swaddle free for almost 3 weeks now! Things are improving sleepwise. It was pretty rough for about a week.

Connor just had his 4 month visit and apparently his reflux is a bigger issue than I thought. He's dropped from 95% at birth to 36% now at 4 months in weight. He's still super tall at 27inches (99%) but doesn't seem to be eating enough. He really doesn't complain but he arches his back and refuses feeds a lot. We're upping his meds and if there is no improvement in a week we will try something new. He's such a happy little guy I had no idea he was suffering! I feel terrible!

He's been rolling belly to back since 2 months and rolled back to belly at 3 months. He's a pretty consistent belly sleeper now.

Here's my little man!

29. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

Loving the updates!!

Marcus is 4.5 months now, and he's been out of the swaddle for 2 weeks and it was rough at first, but he's transitioned beautifully, using his hands to self-soothe and napping for 45min-1.5 hours!

Tons of drool, lots of giggling and cooing, flipping from back to front and back again, and today, I almost cried - he turned the page of the book we were reading! Thought it was a fluke, but he did it five more times!

My ped said to start having him experiment with solids - rice cereal/oatmeal mixed with breast milk - at 5mos so that he can get practice eating with a spoon. I can't believe we're already here! A year ago he was just an invisible idea, and now he's a living, breathing, giggling little man and I'm really starting to fall in love with him!

30. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

We sure do have some stinkin cute babies!

We had our 4 month appointment and shots today. He weighs 15 lbs 8 oz and is 26 inches long. We had a tough start with breastfeeding, but he's gained 6 pounds since his 2 month appointment!!!

I decided to go cold turkey without the Merlin Sleepsuit last night and oh em gee it was rough. He can't use it at daycare, so I am trying to get him acclimated to sleeping without it.

31. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@yellowbird: @ineebee: OMG those adorable little smiling faces! Too precious.

Anyone dealing with regression stuff? Gemma has been MISERABLE during the day this week. So needy and not napping well/long. I also started eating healthy this week and just now I fed her and feel like my supply has tanked???? Usually my one boob is so full and she makes a mess drooling milk everywhere. This time she seemed frustrated and it just didn't seem like she was getting any milk. I'm so scared/stressed about it!!! Is it possible for my supply to change so drastically in 4 days??? What can I do to increase it again? I've always had a great supply so this is worrying me!

32. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@loki: Around 3.5 months (4mo adjusted), Marcus was super needy, super fussy, and really hard to put down to sleep. I believe in the 4 month regression! As for milk, I noticed also around that time that my boobs didn't feel quite as full as they did before. But then I read from KellyMom:

"It’s important to note that the feel of the breast, the behavior of your baby, the frequency of nursing, the sensation of let-down, or the amount you pump are not valid ways to determine if you have enough milk for your baby."

On that same page, she says that if the baby is having an adequate number of wet and dirty diapers, that your supply is just fine. Have you noticed a change in diapers?

http://kellymom.com/hot-topics/low-supply/

33. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@ineebee: thank you! Gemma is crazy hard to put down the days too. I haven't noticed a change in diapers because just now is the first time I've seen a change in supply. It was mostly alarming how annoyed Gem seemed and how it just didn't feel like she was getting anything... I guess I'll watch for a change in her diapers. I'm so stressed now!

34. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@loki: stressing is only going to hurt your supply. We are going through a regression too. I would just keep her at the breast often and I'm sure within a few days things will even back out!

35. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Boopers: thanks! Ill do that. How often do you think I should make her eat? Every 2 hours? I guess I may need to up my caloric intake, even though I've been taking that into account... I feel so awful for trying to lose weight and it having a direct impact on her.

36. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@loki: M still nurses every 2 hours like clockwork during the day. Occasionally I can get him to stretch out his feedings a bit longer.

Also make sure you are drinking enough water in addition to eating enough. 4 months is the dreaded regression and growth spurt so she may be needing extra milk now, but it'll even back out soon. I wouldn't panic about your supply yet!

37. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@loki: I have days where I just feel like I have way less milk and then it seems like the next day I will be ridiculously engorged! Hoping it's just a fluke for you. Just follow her lead and put her back on the boob if she seems fussy.

We are in a weird sleep regression type thing here. Connor goes down at 6:15ish and he's been waking around 9 or 10 for a feed and then he will sleep through til morning. I prefer it because then I get to sleep all night but not sure why he's waking up starving so early?

38. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Boopers: @yellowbird: thank you, I feel better! I probably do need to up my water intake. I'm still supposed to limit it until October when I see the cardiologist but I've started some light workouts again so can afford to drink more.
    Thanks for your input and talking me down!

39. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@yellowbird: I normally do a dream feed around 10ish. Maybe your LO needs that session to get him through the night? What time do you normally go to sleep?

40. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

hi ladies - just popped on the board for the first time in 3 months to say hello and see what everyone is up to! So wonderful to see recent pics of all your little cuties!

Our little guy, Bear, is doing great - he'll be 5 months next Monday. He has his first tooth, and is starting to sit up on his own. He's been rolling both ways for a couple months and definitely keeps us busy! I went back to work a month ago and he's been in daycare for 3 weeks - it's going really well. I'll post a couple updated pics soon!

XO

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee