Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@PawPrints: I thought we'd get some more April mamas too. There weren't too many BFPs from the August POAS board.

2. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@delight: thanks for the info! @neekierose: @marionberry: I'm torn about testing too. We'd never terminate so I never thought we'd do the testing, but our doc brought up a decent point about having the info and bring able to plan. Lots to think about. I just don't know if I'd be happier knowing what to expect, if something were wrong, or bring blissfully ignorant. My BFF had CVS done, and I can't imagine us doing that, knowing there's a risk of miscarriage.

@delight: was it nerve wracking waiting for the results?

3. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@NeekieRose: yeah that would really frustrate me too! But she is really close to a year & she sounds like she eats plenty of solids so at least you don't have to worry about her going completely hungry. I hope she takes well to the transition to WCM!

4. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@SunshineMcC: As far as planning goes, anything they find out at 12 weeks, they will also see at the 20 week anatomy scan (at least that's what my midwives told me). Which is why from the "something wrong" perspective, I would be fine not knowing until 20 weeks. If you aren't planning on terminating (the real reason to know early), then for me, finding out at 20 weeks and still having another 20 weeks is enough to plan.

5. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Thanks! I think she will do fine. She has already had some sips of DH's WCM and she loved it!

6. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

I had a silly happy preggers moment this morning that I have no where else to share. Indulge me?

I participate in the nurse's health survey, and for the last two years it has been asking me if I am pregnant, or if I was likely to become pregnant in the next 6 months.

TTC got pushed back a few times for various reasons, and then getting knocked up took 7 cycles. I kept clicking no, not preggers; yes, might become preggers for what felt like a million times and it was making me more upset and angry each time.

Today I got to just click, "yes, pregnant", and enroll in the maternal health offshoot of the study.

7. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@NeekieRose: ah, thanks for the info. I didn't know that the same info would come up at the 20 week scan - this is all so new! We have an appointment Friday, so plan to grill our doc then!

@lilyofthewest: yay for this victory! A couple days ago I officially changed my status on hellobee from TTC to Pregnant and it made me so happy! It's such a strange place to be in, having this amazing info yet keeping it so guarded! So happy for you!

8. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@SunshineMcC: I didn't either last time until I asked! There is so much new and exciting information.

@lilyofthewest: Nice! It's great to have a place like this to share those fun little things, especially before making the news public and sharing with people IRL.

9. loki

pear / 1787 posts

thanks for all your pictures guys! can't wait for my 9 week scan eeee. and ya we're a small group, the august poas board wasn't all that successful... especially compared to july! boo!

10. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@lilyofthewest: That's awesome! Those little happy feelings are the best!

11. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

I bet we get more people pop in at some point. I know last time I didn't join the Nov board until 13 or 14 weeks and a few more joined after me. I only found HB after I was pregnant and then lurked for a little bit.

12. Mrs. Sunshine

I kind of like the smaller group though, I like not feeling overwhelmed by how many people I need to keep up with! lol

13. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: ya it's nice, i'm still trying to learn everyone... i already forget where everyone is from and who is on #2 etc... but by april, we should all be aquainted

14. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Here's an update, please let me know what I screwed up/missed. (I feel like somebody had an updated due date? @Delight perhaps?)

@Neekierose I can't get March 28 on the calendar but I moved you to March 29! Hope that's okay.

15. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@PawPrints: thanks so much for doing the calendar, it's so nice to see everyone's due dates in that format!!!! can't wait until people start finding out genders etc!

16. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@PawPrints: Perfectly fine. That's what I get for hanging in the "wrong" group. You could even put (28th) after my name when you make the next update.

@loki: I'm looking forward to seeing people's names in blue and pink too!

17. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

The second half of the month is really light!

18. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: i have a feeling i'll be super late and i'll fill in some of those later days! and i'm SO GLAD you're on the calendar still

19. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: I like the small group too!

@PawPrints: Thanks again for the calendar!

@NeekieRose: I second @loki that I'm glad you are staying on the "wrong" calendar!

20. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@PawPrints: thanks for putting this together - my due date was pushed back to April 9 for the next update!

I agree, love the small group! It's fun sharing this journey with all of you so far!

21. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: @HappyBluebird: awww, thanks ladies! I'm glad to be in this group!

22. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: in talking to my new OB this time about whether we would do the test or not, she also brought up the issue of so many false positives and the fact that it could really make you nervous for no reason. My mom was told when she was pregnant with my youngest sister that she would have spina bifida and should abort. She didn't due to religious concerns but I can tell you that my sister is perfectly healthy. My mom said it ruined her whole pregnancy and for me that has kept me from texting thus far. We are still considering it for this pregnancy but I doubt we will do it. I worry enough as it is!

23. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@PawPrints: thanks for making that! It's crazy how few people we have at the end of the month!

24. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: oh wow, thanks for the info - that's good to know. I have so many questions prepped for our OB thanks to everyone on this board!

25. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

We're definitely doing the NT scan/first trimester screen. Based on when they scheduled it during my first pregnancy, my guess is it will be the week of 9/15, at which point I'll be 11 weeks along.

26. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

I decided I couldn't wait until my actual appointment with my provider. I scanned myself at work today and saw a nice clear yolk sac, fetal pole, and cardiac motion - hooray. Y'all, dang it is hard to do a transvaginal ultrasound on yourself!

27. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lilyofthewest: that is amazing!!! i'm popping by your work soon

28. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@lilyofthewest: omg, you are hilarious! I can totally picture you trying to do the Transvag yourself. Amazing!

@PawPrints: thanks for the calendar update! No change for me but you can put me to Team Green. We had so much fun with the surprise last time, we've decided to do it again! And I do hope someone still comes to join me in the last week. I look so lonely on the calendar.

@loki: I find it hard to remember who is on #2 as well. Maybe on the calendar we should put a 2 next to our names or something?

@SunshineMcC: I really didn't find it nerve wracking waiting for the results of the 12 week scan. I saw the numbers they entered on my form while doing the scan. I was being snoopy. So I saw that my measurements for the NT part were fine as I had previously googled the range of numbers to expect. Plus the baby looked pretty good on the screen to me. Haha. I found waiting for HCG results way more stressful for some reason! I think I'm in the camp where I'd just rather know if something is wrong but I understand there are false positives. I will be doing it again.

I called and got my Sept 30th scan changed to Next Friday! I'm so happy, I really didn't want to wait that long. I'll only be 6+4 but I'm hoping for some reassurance that things are progressing!

:

29. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@delight: I'd be happy to add the +2 or something like that to the second-time moms (that way all us first-timers will remember who to grill with questions). Do people want to speak up if you're on #2 so I can make a list?

30. Mrs. Sunshine

@PawPrints: this baby #2 for me!

31. Mrs. Sunshine

@lilyofthewest: oh my gosh that's hilarious! Go you!

32. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@PawPrints: awesome! #2 for me!

33. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@lilyofthewest: Where do you work? JK My husband runs a hospital imaging center and I really wish I could just go in and have them ultrasound me. Props for being able to do it to yourself!
    @PawPrints: #2 for me too!

34. Mrs. Sunshine

Oh, I'll probably be told my due date is closer the end of the month after my appointment. I was sort of tracking but I'm just now getting to the point of really really feeling the pregnancy (aside from fatigue). I'm gagging on everything, even when I brush my teeth.

35. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lilyofthewest: OMG, this is awesome! I love that you did this on your own. Can we come visit for weekly ultrasounds?!?

Guys, I just ate an ENTIRE 4.5 serving bag of Chex Mix muddy buddies IN ONE SITTING - the cereal with peanut butter, chocolate and then covered in powdered sugar. OMG, I could not stop!

36. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: gahh! I'm eating us out of house & home over here too! It's so strange how I simultaneously want to eat nothing & everything all at once.

That is the best Chex mix by the way

37. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@SunshineMcC: That sounds really tasty. Yesterday I felt bottomless, today is more in control, but, I think I could still do that.

38. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@lilyofthewest: that's awesome that you can scan yourself! My next scan is a few weeks away and I'm so anxious!

Today was day 2 of school and I'm way less exhausted, hurray! Plus, I was able to eat more today and not feel gross. Yay for small victories!

39. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: oh man, I know. It's like feast or famine- and I wasn't even that hungry - I just saw them at 7-11 and had to buy (and I've never bought them before)!

@lilyofthewest: here's hoping I'm in more control tomorrow - I just texted DH and told him we had to have salad for dinner tonight!

40. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Boopers: I really think I need to wait until I'm a little further to try scanning myself again. It took me forever to get the TV probe positioned right (my arms/wrists do not want to bend that way!). I was mostly able to pep-talk myself that I was having trouble because the position was awkward, but, I was starting to worry anyway before I finally figured out how to get the right angle. Whew. It was ultimately anxiety relieving, but, I amped myself up worse before I got the relief.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee