Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@loki: I have always heard yes re: flu shots.

2. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@PawPrints: I think I might have felt some movement last night. I napped during the day so was wide awake until 1:30am, and was lying in bed on my right side and definitely felt something different than I'd ever felt before. I'm at 15w6d.

@Loki: yes, flu shots are safe and recommended for pregnant women. I plan to get mine soon! I did get a massage this weekend and it was heavenly! I agree that I'm normally more comfy on my stomach, but the pillow set-up for lying on my side was actually pretty cozy - I could have taken a nap afterwards!

We heard the heartbeat again on Saturday with our home doppler! It's been so reassuring to have that as a check-in between appointments - so happy that I bought it. We have our 16 week appointment on Wednesday - so excited to see our little guy again soon!

My dreams are getting crazy - I had a ton of pregnancy anxiety dreams this weekend - not fun!

3. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: So glad you were able to hear both heartbeats, and that your NT results came back normal!

4. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Yes to the flu shot. It was strongly recommended for my last pregnancy when I was due in Nov. You pass some immunity onto the baby. Also, I am getting my anatomy scan at 18+5. My midwife told me I could go as early as 18 weeks but the antenatal office did not want to schedule it before 20 weeks. I had to beg and say that it was important to me to find out the gender so that we could do a gender reveal at Reagan's first birthday party. After checking with the doctor, the office let me schedule it at 18+5 but with the caveat that if they aren't able to see everything they need to due to it being too early, I have to come back at my own cost (in which case DH will be pissssed). So hopefully that won't be the case. Long way of saying, even if your doctor/midwife says you can do it at 17 weeks, the ultrasound office may have their own policies.

5. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@marionberry: glad you were able to hear normal at least!

6. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@loki: I got my flu shot last week at my OB appointment. My OB was in the room when the nurse gave it to me, so I presume it is all fine. I get it every year because of my heart condition. My DH was saying something about how they have thimerosol free shots for pregnant women, I didn't ask if that's what I was getting but I should hope that in my high-risk clinic that is what they give people! I kind of wish I asked to make sure now, but I'm going to just assume that's what I got to keep my mind at ease

7. loki

pear / 1787 posts

thanks for all the flu shot info, i'll be signing up for it

@NeekieRose: good to know about the ultrasound. i mean i guess another couple of weeks is no big deal, i'm just so anxious to start shopping! haha.

@lulu22: i'm sure your clinic knows what is best for you! if it would put your mind at ease, maybe call though just to be sure?

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

I got my flu shot through work last week too... pregnant women are on the should get list.

I think my midwife said between 18-20 weeks for the scan. I don't have another appointment until 17 weeks so i'll get the paper work and book it then. It crazy how soon it is! I go for my final prenatal screening blood work at the end of this week/beginning of next.

I'm going to tell my boss next week but it's so hard to keep quiet, we had an in office baby shower today and we were talking about all the pregnant ladies in the office.. i was like me too (in my head!). It will be good when it comes out. maybe i'll even be showing by then...

9. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@loki: I have to go to the Maternal Fetal Medicine office for my anatomy scan and they're adamant about 20 weeks for the reason of having to come back for another ultrasound. It sucks because I know you can tell gender way earlier than that, but I guess I'll just have to wait this time. As far as the flu shot, yes, you'll want to get it. I'd opt for the quadrivalent (it covers 4 strains, not 3 like trivalent) and thimerosol free if you want, but not required. We have to get flu shots annually because I work in healthcare but I definitely want to get one while pregnant. I can't imagine the flu on top of feeling yucky already.

@neekierose: @sunshinemcc: Thank you for the good thoughts on my NT scan. It's a pain waiting for this next blood test and then 10 days after that, but hopefully we get only good news in the end. I opted out of testing for ds so this is definitely different for me.

10. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Oh my, so my major craving is chocolate milkshakes and I went out and got one this afternoon! It was SO good, but I'm starting to worry that I'm going to gain too much weight! Our 16 week appointment is on Wednesday, so I look forward to a check-in. I do NOT want to be one of those people who justify being pregnant as eating whatever they want, but I REALLY wanted a milkshake. Anyone else dealing with that?

For those who have had a 16 week appointment so far, is it just more blood work and an ultrasound? We are doing first-trimester screening, so I think we have part 2 of blood work for spina bifida (sp?) and other things, but not 100 % sure. I appreciate your input!

11. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: I can't answer the 16 week question because I didn't do the screenings last time and I'm on a weird rotation this time with appts about every three weeks, but I can definitely answer the milkshake question. It probably means your body needs calcium. Drink up! And honestly don't worry too much about the weight. I've seen you, you're skinny, and in reality I gained probably 10 lbs last time that wasn't baby, but I worked it back off. This is the only time in your life you'll be able to, so don't go crazy, but do enjoy it, and stop worrying.

12. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

Ok any second time moms experience pain in the pubic bone area in their first pregnancy? It started yesterday and it isn't excruciating or even constant, just super annoying. It hurts when I'm standing, sitting, or laying. From what I've read it's the pubic bone separating, which the internet say is normal. Any advice? Should I call my doctor? I'll be 17 weeks on Wednesday.

13. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@SunshineMcC: my rule is if I think about it & crabs it for 36 to 48 hours, I can have it. lol many of my "cravings" are pretty fleeting &go away in a day or so so I try to control myself that way. I technically gained "too much" last time (i gained almost 50 instead of the recommended 20 -30) & it didn't affect me or LO negatively in any way. Just do your best. Don't use it as an excuse to pig out & enjoy yourself!

14. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Boopers: I get all sorts of weird pains here and there. If it lasts consistently for a couple of hours maybe call your doctor but if it goes away or just happens sparingly then I wouldn't worry too much.

15. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@loki: I find in Canada or at least on the west coast they are very strict about 20+ weeks for the AS.

16. loki

pear / 1787 posts

I had my doctor's appointment last night. I'm definitely getting the flu shot so thanks for all the reassurance. I asked my dr too and she agrees with all of you

We also found out that at my 12 week scan baby's head was measuring ahead by a few days and they estimated my due date a bit earlier - April 9th instead of April 12th. I like the new due date but can't help but panic... is it bad that the head is measuring ahead? NT was normal. I go for the second part of my blood work this saturday so I guess I'll know soon enough.

Also found out I can go for my anatomy scan between 18 and 20 weeks so I'm definitely going to go earlier. With that new due date, that means 18 weeks is in 2 weeks and 2 days! I can't believe how quickly that came but I cannot wait to find out the sex! hopefully baby cooperates.

@SunshineMcC: honestly, i have had so many awful food aversions that i kinda give into my cravings. my doctor said "you're in survival mode" so i'm letting myself be guilt free. i'm trying to be reasonable and not overindulge but... i'll letting myself eat what my body will consume and keep down!

@Boopers: i am getting weird muscle pulls right above my pubic bone. not sure if that's what you're talking about... i keep thinking it might be RLP? but as marionberry said, i am getting all sorts of weird aches and pains and just chalking it up to pregnancy symptoms. hope your pain doesn't last too long!

17. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: I wouldn't be worried about any measurements measuring ahead. I had a bunch of ultrasounds last time (every 4-6 weeks from week 13 through 30ish) and Reagan always measured ahead for head circumference. And length. I'm talking 2 weeks ahead. I think at one point it may have almost been 3 weeks. She came out a little on the larger side (21in, 8lb, 4oz) but is now in about the 60% for height and 30th for weight. Long way of saying...I wouldn't worry!

Yay that you can schedule the anatomy scan soon! Can you schedule it now? How long does it take to get the appointment?

18. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: thank you, that does make me feel better! i was so surprised that the head measurement can affect things by days! i wanna go by the new due date though because it means we can find out gender sooner! haha.

i'm going to call at lunch and see when i can get an appointment. unfortunately we need to get a late one because of work... so i'm not sure how good availability will be.

19. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

The last time this was updated was about 10 pages ago. I thought if I bumped it people could make and updates they may have! I think there may be a couple more genders that were announced?

10/22 - SunshineMcC
    10/29- Mrs. Sunshine (#2), NeekieRose (#2)
    10/30 – NeekieRose (#2) Anatomy Scan!!
    10/17- Delight (#2) - NT Scan, marionberry (#2, twins)
    11/03- Boopers (anatomy scan!)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    11/20 - As Time Goes By (AS)

Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Ineebee , Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), BCHossley
    4/12 – Loki
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

20. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Updating for next appt.

10/22 - SunshineMcC
    11/03 - Boopers (anatomy scan!)
    11/05 - Banana330 (appt)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)

Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Ineebee , Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/12 – Loki
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

21. Mrs. Sunshine

Updating for gender!

10/22 - SunshineMcC
    11/05 - Banana330 (appt)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)

Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Ineebee Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/12 – Loki
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

22. loki

pear / 1787 posts

Updating my due date and my anatomy scan appt!

10/22 - SunshineMcC
    11/05 - Banana330 (appt)
    11/07 - loki (anatomy scan!)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)

Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Ineebee Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC , loki
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

23. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

Updating my due date and next appointment! ETA: I just came back from my follow-up NT scan (first one showed a borderline measurement). Things are looking fine, and baby boy is looking SUPER cute! I asked about the placenta, and was told that it has a posterior location (?), which means I should be able to feel the baby move soon! I feel like I may have already, which is beyond exciting! And the due date's been moved up from 4/8 to 4/5, which means I'm in my 16th week! Nice!

10/22 - SunshineMcC
    11/05 - Banana330 (appt)
    11/11 - ineebee (AS)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/5 – ineebee
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC , loki
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

24. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: @loki: @Mrs. Sunshine: thanks so much ladies, for your kind words and reminder not to worry!

Mrs. Sunshine: I like the 36-48 hour rule, but I think you have a lot more will power than I do!

25. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

Updating with my appointments. So jealous of all of you getting early anatomy scans!

Upcoming Appointments
    10/22 - SunshineMcC
    10/27- Marionberry (2nd NT Blood Draw)
    11/05 - Banana330 (appt)
    11/11 - ineebee (AS), marionberry (appt)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    11/24 - Marionberry (AS)

Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/5 – ineebee
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC , loki
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

26. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@marionberry: You won't be jealous if I end up having to go back at my own expensive because I *had* to do a gender reveal. Hah

27. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

Oh, one more interesting thing about my appointment today -- the ultrasound person was able to clearly detect the baby's gender! At 16w2d! She asked, "Just wanna make sure - do you guys know or want to know the gender?" I said we already knew it's a boy, and she said, "Yep!" and pointed to something between his legs. What a little show-off!!

28. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@ineebee: great news about the NT! can you tell who baby boy looks like yet

@NeekieRose: haha ya i'm a bit worried baby won't cooperate and i'll have to go back. ah well! worth a shot right?!

@marionberry: 20 weeks will be here before you know it! and you'll have double the excitement at your anatomy scan

29. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: me too! My anatomy scan isn't until 20 weeks (4 weeks from today), but am hoping for an ultrasound at our appointment tomorrow evening! Can't wait to see the little guy again!

@ineebee: congrats on a great appointment and welcome to week 16! Yay! Did your little guy look a lot different from your last u/s?

30. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@ineebee: Congrats that's great news!

I'm getting so many aches and pains. My right shoulder and hip are both killing me! luckily i have a prenatal massage booked tonight so i'm hoping it will help. If it does i'm going to book many more to use up my coverage before the end of the year!

31. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: ya i'm with you, i feel 100 years old. i have almost $500 left in my health spending account and plan on using it on exclusively massages. i started to have sciatic pain and feel like it's WAY TOO EARLY for that. hopefully your massage helps!

i also think i'm having crazy RLP... anyone else? i get these awful, tight pains in my lower abdominal muscles and they feel terrible. anything that can be done for them?!?!

32. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: I get there terrible lower back upper butt pain on my right side when I walk alot. It's awful. not sure what it is yet...

I have random RLP but it's not too bad. Heat would probably help. I find with any muscle pain a heatpad for a bit really helps.

33. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: i need to invest in a heat pad. i want like a body sized one for my whole back. haha.

34. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: My DH brought home one that you microwave. It's like a bag of seeds or rice. It's warm but i like that it has a bit of weight to it and it's shaped like a snake so I can wrap it around me. Although i'm sure a hot water bottle would also do the trick.

35. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@loki: my chiro (before pregnancy) told me cold compresses are better for sciatic pain than heat pads. That and stretching is supposed to help. You can find stretches online and I'm sure there are some that are specific to sciatic pain during pregnancy.

36. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@NeekieRose: Ya that will be rough but at my scan at 19 weeks everything was very apparent. I'm thinking it's unlikely you'd have to come back. Because I have twins it's probably more likely though.
    @ineebee: That's awesome he's VERY clearly a boy!
    @loki: My friend suggested to me that I ask my OB at my appt on Nov 11 if she'll do a quick ultrasound just to see sex. I'm not sure if she would, but I'm gonna think about asking.
    @SunshineMcC: At least you already know it's a boy. I'm pretty sure there's two more boys in there but I'm SO anxious to know.

37. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

Just got our blood test results and we are having a GIRL!!!!!!!

38. Mrs. Sunshine

@Jenn23: yay!

39. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Jenn23: aw yay!!

40. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Jenn23: oh my gosh how wonderful!!! Congratulations love.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee