Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@lulu22: yes, starting to feel sooo tired again and have some nausea and am seriously sensitive to smells. Hope it goes away soon!

2. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: I found it when you click on the calendar then scroll down, there a section called kicks in the same are where you add in height/weight data. But I am using iOS.

I have been feeling gaggy lately.. Ugh please tell me that first trimester symptoms don't come back on top of these fun third trimester ones!

3. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Lulu22: I have iOS, and have a kick counter with the free version. It's under the track tab, where you track weight, activity, sleep, nutrition. Does your Android version have something similar? If so, check in there.

I've been on a 2-week visit schedule since 28 weeks. I think it goes to 1-week at 36. I'm in Canada though, and I think that's pretty standard here.

I also started prenatal yoga a couple of weeks ago, although, in retrospect, I should have been doing it from the start. I've definitely been sleeping a lot better since I started. It's led by a certified physio asst, although we're all under the care of a physiotherapist, in case there are other issues that need to be worked on outside of class. We start the class by describing what problems we are having, and the instructor/physio shows us ways to ease the pain, then we get into the actual prenatal yoga, focusing a lot on hips and lower body strengthening and stretching. It's about an hour and half once a week, and best of all, it's covered through work. There are usually only about 5-7 of us there, two of them with small babies in tow, so you can continue going postpartum. Definitely going to keep going afterwards, and it will get baby and I out of the house, which is a giant plus!

Has anyone else been doing prenatal yoga, and are your experiences similar?

4. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Astro Bee: I'm 27 weeks today but was just put on a two week schedule and will also be going every week after 35 or 36 weeks and I'm in The States!

Your yoga class sounds amazing. I don't live in an area where taking classes has been readily available plus I had crazy mommy syndrome for about a year and wasNT comfortable leaving LO in a gym child care so before before pregnancy and during I've been doing yoga videos. i do at least 15 minutes of yoga 7 days a week. I feel 10x better after doing it and totally notice a difference in how I feel physically on the days I dont. I've also learned how to read my body much better and the breathing techniques have helped me umm, tone down my firey-ness lol i love love yoga and hope I can really get I to some good classes one day!

5. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

I just moved to two week appts, so I go in again at 30 weeks. They call the second trimester heaven but your third can be worse than your first. Not so bad now but as you get closer to the end you'll deal with the physical stress baby puts on your body. For me that meant lots of heartburn, bloating/swelling, carpal tunnel, dizziness, high blood pressure, etc. This time is much better so far because it's cool vs late summer, but just know it can get rough especially in the last month or so.

AFM, having a lot of stress trying to hire new staff before I leave, dealing with DH's child support legal battle and preparing for having twins. I feel like I'm a giant mess and just want to curl up and cry sometimes. These extra hormones are not helping! What I wouldn't do for a nice massage and weekend away. To give props to my husband he already scheduled Valentines Day dinner and a surprise for me, so he's trying. I hope no one else is feeling this overwhelmed!

6. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Astro Bee: your yoga sounds great! I just started physio, but have been doing prenatal yoga 2-3 times a week since 15 weeks. It definitely helps with the aches and pains.

@marionberry: Sorry things are so stressful right now. Make sure you make some time to destress. The third trimester sounds like a real treat.

7. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: thanks so much for sharing. In general DH is more laid back than I am so we've already had some of that crop up. It's a good reminder that it's normal to disagree and to focus on communicating!

@lulu22: we are dubbing this weekend Nurserypalooza and DH is totally on board, so I'm excited to get to work!! I am feeling huge waves of exhaustion the past week and a little sick to my stomach every now and then. My heartburn is raging and my belly is getting so heavy! I did get over 8000 steps in yesterday (I track via fitbit) so that felt great!

@Astro Bee: your class sounds amazing! I've done a few videos and always feel better after but haven't done them regularly. You make me want to get back into it!

@marionberry: I'm sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed! Could you sneak away for a massage this weekend? Those have been a saving grace for me and really help with self-care. So glad your DH is planning something special for you! My first shower is on Valentine's Day so my family will be in town and I can't wait. Sending you a relaxing weekend!

AFM, our crib was delivered yesterday and I'm so excited to get it put together this weekend! The contractions have really slowed down since I increased my water intake, which is great. LO didn't kick much yesterday which made me nervous but I checked his heart rate with the Doppler and it was nice and high! I've felt some good movement this morning so that's reassuring. I'm at 2 week appointments now too (Tuesday is 30 weeks!) and then at 36, I go to weekly. Really looking forward to a weekend!

8. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: Can't wait to see the progress on your nursery!

9. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: @Astro Bee: hmmm interesting, I think the ovia app on android might be a lighter version than on iphone those features are not listed under the track section for me.

@SunshineMcC: hooray for your contractions easing up and for nurserypalooza!

@marionberry: oh so sorry you are so overwhelmed... I agree I prenatal massage sounds like just what you need! so nice your DH has organized a valentines day surprise for you!

It turns out that DH and I are doing our first baby-prep-class on valentines day morning and we will probably go out for a nice lunch afterwards. this valentines day also marks 10 years since we started dating (yes my hubby is a cheese-ball and asked me out on valentines day! haha) So a baby class seems like a fitting way to begin our second decade together...

10. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lulu22: I have the android app and there is no kick counter.

11. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

I am getting BH everytime I stand up. I have no idea how I did not feel these at all last pregnancy.

12. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@NeekieRose: I often get them when i go from sitting to standing or walking up stairs.

13. loki

pear / 1787 posts

i've been a bit MIA lately because work has been insane since coming back from vacay.
    i'm with you guys on being frustrated with DH. i feel like he just doesn't have the same sense of urgency, which i totally understand. he just doesn't get the nesting. i totally just wanna get picture frames up on the walls etc but i can't do it until all our furniture is assembled. he has promised he'll do it this upcoming weekend.

i'm also a bit frustrated because he wants to learn NOTHING prior to the baby arriving. he just assumes i'll learn and teach him. but it would be nice for him to want to do some learning on his own as well. i'm going to make him do an online prenatal class with me.

also, someone told me about a BabyCenter Ipad app that is like birth classes (it might even be called that) and it's apparently really good so i'm going to download that on his pad and hopefully we can look at it together.

i'm on 2 week appointments now... loving having these appointments because it means i get to work from home! woooo...

on vacation i felt great but since getting back, not so much. my joints (SI in particular) seem to be much more affected in the cold. and this rib pain is driving me nuts. i literally didn't sleep last night because my left side ribs were SO uncomfortable. i'm going to ask the OB about it on wednesday. i also have been having bouts of my heart racing which makes me a bit nervous. anyone else?

i've also been having a lot of nausea at night time again just when i thought i was in the clear and the first 20 weeks felt like a distant memory! nooooo...

i think we're getting closer in the name debate... mostly because my dh keeps changing his mind and is ruling out more and more options. i saw these personalized swaddle blankets i REALLY want to order (so frivolous) but i can't without knowing her name. i'm tempted to pull the trigger and just hope that's the name we end up with! ha.

glad everyone seems to be doing relatively well! sorry about the novel i just wrote

14. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@loki: my husband didn't learn anything either and I was so hurt by that - like, why wouldn't he want to be excited for the baby's arrival and prepare with me?! That said, after an initial steep learning curve during the newborn days, he has been a wonderful and involved dad. I just don't think pregnancy feels real for some men, you know? Like they can't wrap their heads around the fact that life is about to change sooo much.

15. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@meredithNYC: ya in my mind i totally get that... but you're right, it's a bit hurtful! sometimes i even get upset because he gets annoyed when i talk about the baby moving a lot. i get that it's the same thing over and over and isn't happening to him but c'mon dude. all in all though he is incredible and i know he's gonna be an amazing dad. i guess i just make it too easy on him with all my researching... sometimes i just wish i could step back and let him take control of that stuff though!

16. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@loki: I hear you - but honestly if I didn't do the research I still don't think my husband would step up! It's frustrating

17. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: my husband didn't learn a single thing prior to LO1 and he even asked me last night why I'm excited because "it's not like she's here yet, I don't know what there is to be excited about." He was the same way with Jessie. And while he was pretty good at relieving me and staying calm during long bouts of crying (which was just a short period,don't be scared!) he had other wise been of zero help up until she was about 9 or 10 months. But now he's fantastic and I hope we don't go through the same issues with Sydney. it's always been very evident that he loves Jess but I guess between never being around babies, me breastfeeding and me being a SAHM he just didn't do anything.

18. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@loki: I hear you, my DH still has not finished reading the ONE CHAPTER for fathers in the what to expect book. Meanwhile I have moved on to the baby books and told him he should do the same and he just said "can't we just do a bunch of extra classes instead?" ...at least he is open to doing classes I suppose.... It is frustrating though.

19. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: My DH lets me take the reins with all researching and pretty much goes along with the major decisions i make, but I'm not sure he feels the urgency I feel. He actually told me on the weekend that I should just say, "I really want these shelves up this weekend" rather than hinting or reminding we need to put them up. He will be attending classes with me so he knows the basics, but he doesn't have much experience with babies so he'll need it! I know he'll step up once shes here.

My shower has been organised now for early march! it's pretty exciting, we'll be having it at our house, but friends are hosting.

20. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

Hi Ladies!

I have been in and out of the hospital with HG so that's been a bit of a bummer as I move into the third tri, but things seem to be a bit more under control. I have medical appts twice a week at least though, so that's not super good for the workday either. But whatever, less than 12 weeks to go.

I found out at my last OB appt that the policy is I have to have the baby by 39 weeks or I have to do a repeat c-section, so that caused some panic because we don't actually have childcare for our daughter for an overnight starting that early, and I wasn't planning on going off work that early. So now my last day will be at 36 weeks, and I will be relaxing for a week while my daughter is still in daycare, and then I will be trying all the old wives tales to have this baby by 39 weeks.

What are you ladies thinking about visitors and house guests after the baby is born? I am trying to schedule all my in-laws right after the baby is born so that my husband is off, because last time he was working while they were here so I was trapped with them all. day. long. while he worked and I don't want to do that again! I was actually really bored and up for visitors shortly after my baby was born, but I banned everyone from coming right away, so then I was just lonely, lol. So now I am trying something different this time.

21. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Rockies11: Sorry you've been feeling so terrible. Good to hear it's under control more now.

Wow, that does make things feel more rushed. I guess it's good they told you now instead of springing it on you at 36 weeks or something.

I had to read your comment about your inlaws out loud to my DH. That's totally one of my biggest fears when they come visit! We don't have a plan for visitors yet, we'll just wait and see how we feel. The good thing about the midwife care here is you can be sent home from the hospital relatively quickly after birth, so we can elminate hospital visitors if that's the case. My friend recently gave birth and it took maybe a month before people could come round (outside of family) but now she's going a bit stir crazy and begging for visitors!

22. Mrs. Sunshine

@Rockies11: oh I'm so sorry to hear about how bad you've been feeling!!

I didn't really have too much of a problem with visitors last time so I doubt I will this time. My in laws share property with us and they actually seem to have left me alone more when Jessie was a new baby.

23. loki

pear / 1787 posts

glad my DH isn't the only one... seems to be pretty normal so i'll cut him some slack

@Rockies11: omgggg you poor thing so sorry you're dealing with HG. that is awful. hopefully the delivery part is a lot easier for you and babe comes in a timely manner so you don't have to worry about childcare!

this is our first time around but my plan is to let everyone meet baby in hospital and then just be at home with the three of us. my parents will come once my husband goes back to work... and otherwise we'll just play it by ear. i'm sure my in laws will want to come while my husband is still off. and i'll probably let local friends come for short visits in the first few days. but it will all depend on how i'm feeling!

24. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

I didn't mind having visitors at all. DD1 was a really easy baby and I think I would have been bored if we didn't have visitors. That being said, before the baby was born I wasn't setting any plans with people to stay at our house besides my mom. Since I had no idea how I was going to feel after the birth.

This time, I am looking forward to people staying more since DD1 will need to be taken care of too.

25. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@Rockies11: oh man, I'm sorry! That sounds stressful. To answer your question about visitors: i generally like having the company of visitors - and this time around definitely with a toddler needing to be entertained!

26. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@loki: Like many of the other ladies have said my SO usually relies on me to do the research/tell him things he needs to know. Also it is such an abstract concept for him, he doesn't get how I can be so tired all the time or that I feel like an alien took over my body sometimes. I know that he will be great once the baby arrives and maybe our classes in a few weeks will spark something for him

@Rockies11: @Banana330: I have some of the same concerns about my in-laws coming to stay after we have the baby. I do NOT want them to stay if my SO is not off work. There is a pretty significant language barrier, they do not drive and although their intentions will be good I know my MIL will take over because she has raised 4 kids and has 7 other grandchildren so her way will be "best". Thinking about this gives me sooo much anxiety!

27. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Rockies11: I'm sorry that you are still suffering. It must have been a bit of a shock to find out that they won't let you go past 39 weeks, hopefully your LO will make their appearance before then!

28. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@mrswin: Ya, i'm not sure how helpful mine will be. My sister in-law has made them fearful of doing anything wrong, so i'm worried they will sit back and wait for direction or to be served. They aren't coming until maybe 2 months after birth but will be around while my DH is working.

Also, I passed my diabetes screening! woo hoo.. good thing too with the amount of sugar i've been having lately!

29. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Rockies11: so so sorry to hear about the HG... you poor thing! I totally agree with you about not wanting to be left alone with the in-laws once DH is back at work. That was one of my conditions right from the start - they can only come when he is home! They have a habit of cornering me and putting me under pressure to answer personal/invasive questions and DH's mother can be very passive aggressive. No doubt they will find a time to corner me even when DH is home, but at least the opportunities will be minimized!

Both my parents and the in-laws will be traveling across the globe (and spending a lot of money!) to see us, so I can't be too picky about when they come or for how long. My parents arrive 1 week before my due date and will stay for a month. This might get a little long but DH and I are both pretty comfortable with telling my parents if we need some space so we should be able to send them off for a few days if we need to. My in-laws will come about 1 month after the baby is born and stay for a week and a half, which is pretty ideal.

I have a couple of friends who live very close by who I am worried will be a little smothering (they have alluded that they will be here 'all the time' once the baby is born!) so my plan is to use my mother as a shield at the front door and send people away when I don't want them, which she will be happy to do!

30. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

Thanks ladies! HG is the pits, but at least it's only less than 11 weeks to go.

My in-laws are also divorced, so it's two separate groups to accommodate in the 2 weeks my husband has off. To say that them being there during the day while my husband worked was a challenge would be a major understatement!

31. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Rockies11: My parents are divorced and I can't imagine the two of them being there at the same time. You poor thing. Last time my DH was there a couple days, then my dad a couple days and then my mom for a week. After that I went cold turkey. This time I really hope I can get DH for a week or two, my mom for a week and then either my dad or stepmom to fly down from Boston (they used to live here) for a week or two as well. I really loved having a parent there to watch the baby so I could go take a shower or get laundry done, etc. My mom was awesome because she also made dinner each day. I can't imagine how I'm going to handle the twins by myself but at least during the week ds can go to daycare.

Thanks everyone for being there for me last week when I was stressing. The good news is we had a great outcome in court. The bad news is I had maybe the worst day in my work career yesterday and so I just feel very overwhelmed. I am so excited to be taking some time off soon.

Still needing to pack most of my hospital bag and do things in the nursery. I have most of what we need, but none of it is complete - like fabric for crib sheets, but sheets not sewn yet.

How prepared is everyone else feeling at this point?

32. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Ugh, back in the hospital with contractions. They were pretty calm for the past week but picked up today and I've bern having 7-8 per hour for the past 3.5 hours, so my doctor sent me back to L&D. Good news is the cervix is closed still. Just tested the FFN again - fetal fibronectin to see if labor is imminent, and that came back negative. Just gave me a shot of something, a muscle relaxer for the uterus (tributrol?) to try and stop the contractions. It has yucky side effects - jitters and heart palpitations but shouldn't last more than an hour. Hopefully it works and I can go home. I'll kerp you posted! XO

33. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: You poor thing. I hope it works. A closed cervix and negative FFN is a very good sign. Sounds like you need to spend more time relaxing. Are they going to put you on bed rest?

34. Mrs. Sunshine

@marionberry: as far as preparedness I'm actually feeling pretty good. Jessie will be in her new room within the next 2 weeks and then everything I need to do for Sydney are things I can knock out while Jessie plays or "helps" me. I don't think I'll have my bag packed as early as I would prefer but it will get done sooner or later
    ! Maybe I'll at least have a list of stuff to pack lol

@SunshineMcC: sorry to hear about your contractions! That sounds stressful! I've been having them daily since last week but not frequently enough to be concerned!

AFM, I passed my GD test, I have an ultrasound on the 6th and I've just found out that thanks to our awesome insurance my delivery fee will be less than half of what we thought!!!

35. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Oh lucky you! If you don't mind me asking, what do you consider a good delivery fee? Because I work at a hospital we used to get our delivery for free but now we have to pay 10%. Bad news for me is that if my kids go to NICU my out of pocket is $5k.

36. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

It's a bit up in the air for us about visitors once the baby comes. First of all, DH will be travelling for work from 34.5 weeks until potentially 36.5 weeks, so my mom is coming for those two weeks. The last week especially makes me nervous. He will be going to the UK for two separate work trips, although only the first 5 days are booked right now. He'll come home for the weekend in between. His boss has said that if he needs to come home suddenly, it won't be a problem. But I'm still a little nervous.

Both my parents plan to be here a week before I'm due (my mom will fly home for a couple of weeks in between), although they haven't said how long they will stay. They live halfway across the country, so I'm sure they will stay for a few weeks. My in-laws only live 2 hrs away, but I imagine they will be coming and going quite frequently at first. My parents and ILs get along really well, and it's the first grandchild, so it'll probably be a full house for awhile. Not sure how I will feel about that.

DH and I talked it over last night, and we plan for him to take 1 week off right away, and once everyone leaves he will take another week or so off.

37. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Rockies11: I hope you are feeling better soon. I occasionally experience nausea, morning sickness and motion sickness at this point, but it's been manageable, for the most part. Definitely not HG. So sucky that it's hit you this hard.

@SunshineMcC: I'm glad you are seeking medical care when you need to. Hopefully they settle down and baby stays out for another couple of months. Are they BH that you are experiencing or full on contractions?

38. Mrs. Sunshine

@marionberry: Well we were given an estimate of about $2400 which still isn't bad but as a one income family it was still a bummer. Yesterday they called and said we only owe $650!

39. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

Canadian bees: are you able to opt for a private room at the hospital with your provincial health coverage? With the military (healthcare is through Blue Cross - we don't have provincial health cards), we are entitled to a semi-private room. I asked about getting a private room, and was told that I would have to pay $60-80 per night out of pocket. So worth it, I think. There are 17 L&D rooms at our hospital, and they rarely ever fill up, so it looks promising that we'll have a room to ourselves for the whole time we're in the hospital.

My parents in NL said that women are often 8 to a room there (plus their babies). I can't imagine trying to sleep or relax after giving birth like that.

40. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Astro Bee: most private insurance covers semi-private rooms, provincial health care covers ward only. We've opted to upgrade to a private or deluxe room (for a cost), I figure the last thing I want to deal with is another new mom/family.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee