Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

So maybe a silly question, but do you know if you can ask them not to put the gender on the test results? we are debating staying team green for this one, so I don't want to accidentally find out when we get our results!

2. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@bloved: did you already get bloodwork done?

3. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@GwenMarieDC: welcome! There's a template on page 1 which is were you can list your info so we can find out a little bit more about you. I'm from a suburb of DC.

4. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@BandDmommy: no I go on Tuesday. So I am guessing I can just ask the person when they collect it? But they are not doing it at my doctor's office; they make you go to the hospital for blood draws.

5. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@bloved: yes, ask the person to mark no for gender.

6. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@BandDmommy: I was told a week or two.
    @bloved: We were told to just tell our Doctor that we didn't want to know the gender. We are testing through a genetic councilor, so she will call with the results, and she'll ask if we want to know or not. I will never see the actual results in writing.

I'm getting nervous about getting the call about my test results. It sounds like most get this test for extra reassurance, or to find the gender. But we are getting it to hopefully rule something out. I think I'll be sick all next week until I get the call, and can call back.

7. GwenMarieDC

pea / 8 posts

EDD: April 10
    How far along: 13 weeks
    First child? YUP!
    First doctor appointment: August 18. On Tuesday 10/6 we have our nuchal scan.
    Any symptoms so far? Nausea was a second full time job weeks 5-11 but I'm starting to feel so much better!
    Who have you told? Slowly telling everyone - our close families, friends and a few people at work. It's not "Facebook public" yet. We celebrate our 5th anniversary next week and will probably start telling "the world" this month!

8. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@auggiefrog: I had to wait 3 days for CVS results and it was seriously a wreck all weekend. Make sure to stay busy and distracted. Hang in there momma!!

9. GwenMarieDC

pea / 8 posts

@banddmommy where in NoVa are you?!

10. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@GwenMarieDC: Ashburn

11. GwenMarieDC

pea / 8 posts

@BandDmommy: fun! My close friends live out there.

12. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@GwenMarieDC: Welcome and congrats!

13. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@auggiefrog: good luck! I'll be thinking of you - I can only imagine how hard the wait is going to be!

14. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@auggiefrog: @banddmommy: @autumnleaves: @mrs. lemon-lime: @jennylayneaz: @mamabolt: Thank you so much for your thoughtful responses! I really appreciate it. I think I'm going to strike a middle ground and bring in cookies for my dept. I am holding a dept. meeting on Monday morning, so I'll let them know then. I think it makes sense since they'll be the most affected by my absence when I go on maternity leave and I don't want them to find out through the grapevine.

15. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@mamabolt: Yay Mamabolt!!! Congrats! I'm happy there's someone else who's going to have an older sister-little brother combo!

16. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@poppygirl15: sounds like a good plan!

17. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@poppygirl15: i have older son and younger daughter, they are amazing together!

18. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Ugh pregnancy insomnia...

19. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

Had my NT Scan today. The baby was moving quite a bit- stretching out, arching it's little back. OMG watching the baby on the screen was so much fun. So far the neck fluid isn't raising any red flags. I'm scheduled for a blood work follow up in a month.

I was a bit frustrated at how limiting the race questions are on the forms, but more so that I can't definitively say what I am. I checked African-American, but that's not to say I don't have European ancenstry- just looking at me people assume that I have a lot. Right now I can only guess which countries given my family's surnames. The nurse said for the initial screening what I know is good enough.

Quick story Vanessa Williams' younger bro had a disease as a child and the doctor's asked if they had Southern European ancestry. Her mom was like no way! Come to find out when Vanessa Williams had a DNA test completed as part of a TV show, Finding Your Roots, she learned her family is part Italian.

ETA: anyone else a bit clueless about their heritage? Now, I'm dreading the ubiquitous elementary class assignment my kid will surely get- the "where are your ancestors from?"

20. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: great! Did your husband go as well?

21. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Updated list...let me know if I missed anyone or any reveals or definite

4/3: @BandDmommy:
    4/5: @Surbro:, @AMommyThang:, @PoppyGirl15:
    4/6: @MaisyMay:
    4/10: @Rinna9:, @GwenMarieDC:
    4/11: @mamabolt:
    4/13: @auggiefrog:
    4/15: @Mrs. Lemon-Lime:
    4/18: @MrsRoo:
    4/19: @JH524:
    4/20: @AKCoffeeBean:, @Canoli:
    4/21: @Lauraeva:, @Den mom:
    4/22: @AutumnLeaves:
    4/23: @JennyLayneAZ:
    4/24: @Bloved:
    4/27: @Cherrybee:
    4/30: @PeanutsBaby:

22. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@BandDmommy: yes, he worked from home today to make the appointment. The baby so far appears to have his super long arms!!

23. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: good! It's a great chance to see the baby. That and the anatomy scan.

24. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@BandDmommy: that's the 20 week appt right? He's planning on coming to that one. For now our chart has been noted not to reveal the sex. We have eight weeks to truly decide.

Do you have a feeling either way of what you're carrying since you have one of each?

25. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: yes 20 week. I'm torn. This pregnancy is very similar to my pregnancy with DD very sick. But I don't know.. I have no clue.. DH wants a boy

26. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I have my genetic counseling appt tomorrow where I will get blood work to find out the sex and a regular OB appt on Wednesday which will be my 12 week appt so hopefully I will get a good ultrasound picture.

27. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Canoli: we are on the same schedule. I have my genetics appt/testing tomorrow as well.@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I am doing the same as you. We are team green for now and figure we will decide by the 20 week. With my son, I wanted to know and my husband didn't so we compromised that we would find out with our first, but not for our second. However, now dh seems to be waiver I g so I feel there is a good shot we might decide to find out at the 20 instead of waiting. Amazingly, I feel ok either way this time (at least so far).

28. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: That's awesome that you got to see your LO! I've always been frustrated by race forms - with pregnancy/genetics - it's the first time though that they care more about the roots of my Jewish ancestry and even though my parents have said we're Ashkenazi - sometimes they wonder if one side is really Sephardic - we've never done a full ancestry study. My husband is adopted and really does not have a lot of information on his birth parents and their ancestry - that proved to be tricky with the genetic counseling but we decided to opt out of a lot of the genetic tests in the end. I do wonder about what potentially he can be a carrier for but there's too much going on to really dwell on that for me.

29. Den mom

cherry / 126 posts

@BandDmommy: 7 days for my Harmony test results, but I was told up to 10 days.

30. Den mom

cherry / 126 posts

@poppygirl15: @mamabolt: congratulations! Big sister - little brother combo here too!

@gwenmariedc: congratulations!

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: glad your appt went well. Pictures from the NT scan were some of the best we got with our 1st LO (she hid her face for the few we had later). I'm always frustrated with pick one - I'm half Hispanic/half white. It usually doesn't really matter, but we all don't fit in one box.

31. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: My due date has been bumped up to April 21. Found out I was further along.

32. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

Getting ready to have my NT ultrasound this Friday. Anyone know how long these things can take? Read that it can take up to 2 hours.

33. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@PeanutsBaby: it is dependent on baby getting into good position to get the correct measurement of the back of neck. Ours took about twenty min maybe, or even less. We were in and out under 30 min I know bc we got free parking!

34. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@PeanutsBaby: cool, you're no longer bringing up the rear! I was at my NT Scan for about 1.5 hours. We had to complete paperwork then watch part of a video. The ultra sound took a while, we were in the for at least 10 minutes based on the time stamps on the ultra sound pics we received. Then we spoke to a doctor and I had my blood drawn.

35. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

@mamabolt: Thanks. I hope it takes less than an hour, otherwise I'll be having to take several bathroom breaks.

36. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Luckily my Dr. went ahead and had all my blood work (10 vials) done the week before including the one for the NT ultrasound and sent the results to the Dr. performing the scan.

37. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@PeanutsBaby: it depends how cooperative baby is and how long it takes to get measurement. The anatomy scan takes a looooong time

38. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

Oh my look at all these mommas having boys I hope I am included in that! Find out for sure 10/22 @ 11am!! I decided to opt out for any additional testing just because whatever the results happen to be wont change anything.

Hope everyone is doing great! Not to much going on here 14 + 3 weeks and haven't gained any weight and finally have a ton of more energy

39. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@PeanutsBaby: I just had my nt scan yesterday and it took about 1.5 hours. I had lots of paperwork to start and then baby was uncooperative with the ultrasound and the tech could not get the last shot she needed. After that we had to meet with the doctor to go over the results.

40. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@bloved: did you have blood drawn and will you have to give blood in a month to compare results?

I don't remember my obgyn stating I would have to go the NT Scan facility more than once, but I have two more visits scheduled with them. Now I'm worried they saw something, but didn't want to alert us.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee