Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: no, this was my only blood. But I can't remember- did you do the over 35 blood work? That's what I had to do and maybe it is different than the sequential screen. I would try not to worry- I think if something was wrong, they would alert you. Also, my 20 week scan is at this same place, so could one of your follow ups be for that?

2. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@bloved: I'm under 35, maybe that's the difference. Yes, the 20 wk scan is there too.

3. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

Hi ladies! I have my harmony testing on Friday. Looking forward to seeing the baby!!
    Anyone else showing ? I feel huge and can't hide my bump. I was hoping this wouldn't happen so soon

4. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@jh524: do you have regular appt as well? Or just bloodwork for genetic testing?

5. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

@bloved: I'm definitely bringing lunch with me in case it takes over an hour.

6. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@BandDmommy: it's a ultrasound and blood work on Friday. My next regular appt is coming up as well, maybe next week. I better go find out!

7. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@jh524: so NT scan? That's exciting.

8. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: My NT scan is on Friday too looking forward to seeing baby again! Regular doc appointment on the 15th. So many appointments! jeesh.

9. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@BandDmommy: yes @JennyLayneAZ: good luck with yours!! Can't wait to see the baby!!!! Praying everything is perfect

10. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: me too and good luck to you as well!

11. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

Had my cell free DNA testing and genetic counseling yesterday and have to wait 10 very long days until we find out the sex.

Had my regular OB appt today (12 weeks 2 days) and heard the best little heartbeat ever. Makes me smile and gives me relief everytime. My due date is changed to April 18th (which is interestingly my son's 2nd birthday). I wonder what the chances of this actually happening are!

12. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Canoli: oh well that's cool!

For those who have had the NT scan or is it the Harmony Test... Can they tell sex in the ultrasound?

13. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@jh524: I'm with you on rocking the early bump. Wearing my brand new maternity leggings as I type
    As to your NT question, you'll be hard pressed to find a sonographer who will tell you the gender that early. Per the nub theory it's possible to be reasonably sure, but a lot of times they either won't guess or can't tell you until later in the pregnancy.
    Good luck for your scan though!!

14. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@MrsRoo: thank you!!! Can't wait to go maternity shopping!!! Where did you get your leggings?
    Oh and I'm still trying to hide the bump but it's getting hard! Can't wait for my appt. and results next week so I can announce. I see people looking at my bump and I know what they're thinking. Why does my exercise instructor have a tummy??? Lol

15. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@jh524: at my NT Scan gender was the first thing I mentioned. My ultrasound tech hadn't heard of , but she said it was too soon to tell anyway. I was 12w 4d.

16. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@jh524: I picked mine up at target fo like $17. I never want to wear real pants again.
    Yea, we've told all our close friends and fam, so I'm comfortable with the bump I guess. Still hiding it at work, so I understand the frustration of showing but not telling!

17. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@jh524: at my nt scan this week I asked her if she could tell/guess and she said no- female parts are enlarged at this point so it would make her guess 50/50. However, I think it depends on your tech. When my sister was pregnant, she found out at her 12 week appointment that she was having a boy.

18. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@MrsRoo: hiding the bump after 2pm is impossible and then by the evening I look 8 months along. Lol
    And I'll have to go check out the leggings at target this weekend! My jeans are getting snug. It's amazing how quick your body changes in pregnancy!'
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime, @bloved: maybe I'll get a lucky?! Ha doubt it but fingers crossed.

My OB did mention you can find out the sex from the blood test though. Anyone know if that's a extra cost or is it included in the price of the test?

19. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@bloved: With my first, they could tell boy at NT scan. The tech was 80% positive. For my 2nd the tech said it would just be a guess and she would not guess.

20. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

It back results of testing.. Baby #3 is a boy!!! So excited. We were wanting a little boy!! And he's healthy!

21. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@BandDmommy: Congratulations

22. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@BandDmommy: Congrats!

23. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

We actually planned the room setup as if we were having 2 boys and 1 girl. The 2 boys share a jack and jill bathroom and the other bedroom has a separate bathroom attached. DH had painted the room that has the bathroom pink stripes. So, if this had been a girl we would have had to switch our son and daughters room. Phew... lol.. TBH- I'm just thrilled baby is healthy. I barely slept last night waiting on results.

24. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@BandDmommy: Congratulations! Keeping the April boy trend going!

25. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@jh524: it should be included, as they screen for sex chromosone issues like Turners and Glatfelters as well as common trisomies and microdeletions.

26. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Now that I know the baby is healthy I can relax. This pregnancy has been a whirlwind.

27. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@BandDmommy: congratulations!!

28. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@mamabolt: there's a lot of testosterone flowing on this board

29. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: my doctor is predicting another boy for me so that will be boy#3 for me. Hopefully I'll find out by the end of next week.

30. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

I had my first real pregnancy hormonal cry last night. My stomach was hurting with round ligament stretching and cramping and I was gassy. Just all in all not feeling well. Then my husband said he would be home by 8 pm, which was close to a hour away and the previous nights we home closer to 7:25. I lost it all because I thoughr I'd see him in the next 15-20 minutes. How silly Ugh!

Anyone else crying for no decent reason?

31. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I cry all.the.time. My husband finds it hilarious. Today I cried at a youtube clip of a dog picking out a toy at a pet store. Yep...

32. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@auggiefrog: How are you doing?

33. GwenMarieDC

pea / 8 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime, @BandDmommy: I cried because I DIDN'T pet a dog outside of Starbucks last week, and he really looked like he wanted to be pet! #HOTMESS

34. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@BandDmommy: that sounds very sweet @GwenMarieDC: oh no! That poor dog missed out on some lovin'

35. GwenMarieDC

pea / 8 posts

On Tuesday we had our NT scan and, thankfully, everything looked good! Yeah! Baby was not being cooperative (told DH that it surely is his child ) and was totally facing the wrong way, so we had to end up doing transvaginal. I found the whole thing hilarious and began to laugh and that's when LO started to move around. I could have watched all day!

We did the bloodwork and now is the waiting game. Certainly counting down the business days, so anxious to hear the sex! Will they just leave that in a voicemail?? Feel like it's a little anticlimactic. We have the anatomy scan for November as well.

36. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@GwenMarieDC: did you get verifi, maternit21, or harmony? Or did you just do NT scan with finger prick?

37. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I'm not weepy, but I am cranky. My poor husband - I feel like I am constantly snappy by the end of the night (I think because I am so, so tired). Really hoping to rebound with the 2nd trimester.

38. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@bloved: my nn for years has been Grumpy Bear- pregnancy hasn't changed that at all.

39. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: @BandDmommy: thrilled for you Ladies!

40. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@BandDmommy: congratulations on your healthy baby boy!
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: sorry for your cry

I just got done with my NT scan everything is looking good. Baby was having a party in there it was pretty funny. DH got to come so that was good little 3d action here

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee