Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Canoli: how far are you from the hospital?

2. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@BandDmommy: my mom is coming down and she abs dh will alternate with LO1. Also, my in laws will come up during labor, so may be able to help entertain her, and she will have daycare. Worse case scenario she will go to be her bff's and potentially go to his daycare (she drops in there when her daycare is closed). Since we will be induced, unless the boy comes early, we should be able to make it work.

3. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@BandDmommy: not during a busy traffic time probably 30 minutes. During rush hour could be 45-hour.

4. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Canoli: hopefully you will have no issue getting to hospital!

5. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@Canoli: hopefully you'll go into labor at work and won't have to worry about anything! I'm purposefully not delivering at the hospital I work at and am as far as you from my intended delivery hosp, but my first labor wasn't fast at all so I hope I'll be fine.

We are planning to talk with my inlaws tomorrow about labor plans with DD1. They are about 45 minutes from us, so the thought is for them to meet us as the hospital (also 45 minutes from us) and take K from there. Not sure if that's entirely practical, though. Any 3rd time moms have insight on that?

6. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MrsRoo: I'm weird because my water breaks early but I don't actually have contractions. So, my labor was only fast because my doctor put me on Pitocin to avoid infection. Therefore, we were in no rush to get to hospital because I knew my contractions weren't bad. We waited for my friend to come over and she watched DS. If you have precipitous labor I would not wait around and would head to the hospital ASAP. Most women I know the 2nd labor was faster than the 1st.

7. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@BandDmommy: yea, with my first my water broke and I didn't feel contractions for almost 2 hours after. I had plenty of time to shower and get dressed before leaving for the hospital. It's probably irrational for me to worry about making it to the hospital, but I think its just knowing that we are so far now that has me a little worried.
    I'm also trying to decide if it would be better for DD1 (3) to come with us and see where I'm going to be at the hospital and then leave with her grandparents or if that would be counter productive. We're doing a sibling class that includes a tour of the L&D, so maybe that little bit of familiarity will help if we have to take her with us and can't wait for the in laws to get to us before we leave...

8. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@MrsRoo: my first labor wasn't nearly as fast as my second. With my first my water broke around midnight and I didn't feel contractions for several hours after that and didn't deliver until 4:21pm the following day. With my second labor, however, my water broke and 20 minutes later my son was born so yeah.......

9. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@Canoli: 😳 ::starts panicking::

10. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

So a friend of mine loaded me up on some clothes. Very sweet! The outfit I'm thinking about keeping is kind of cute, but I'm not sure how practical it is. The size is 3 months for both pieces. The jeans have an elastic inner waist band, no snaps on the legs. DH doesn't like the shirt so that's still a maybe, but the head/ neck opening is like a regular t-shirt with no wiggle room like you get with onesies.

Help are these pieces keepers?

11. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I don't understand? Were they a gift? Why can you only keep one outfit? I think its cute.

12. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Is it an all or nothing outfit - did both pieces come together or can you return the shirt or jeans separately?
    It's not always easy to find pants with snaps. LO1 had some that were just the elastic and no snaps and that worked for him. Most of the time he was just in a onesie with no pants at that age (he was born in August). If you think the neck is tight on the shirt than I would return that - you want some room to be able to pull it over his head. But if it stretches some, I personally would keep it because I think it's cute.

13. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Cherrybee: yes, these are gifts, but I'm not in love with them. I really like the little baby jeans & top, but I'm not sure how practical they are for putting on baby & diaper changes. It's definitely an outfit to wear outside of the house.

14. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@autumnleaves: The jeans and top are separates.

I'm bummed I don't have a little person to test out the outfit.

15. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Oh right! That was sweet of her. And you're disposing of all but one outfit because you dont like them, yes? You could always keep the bits you do like, try them on him and, if they dont work out for you in terms of practicality, never put them on him again.

16. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Ahh, hang on.... returning! You are returning them! I forgot you could do that! Duh!

17. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Cherrybee: lol, I'm not throwing them away. I'm not sure where she got them from, but my first store to try is a BRU since they carry Carter's.

18. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Sitting here at my Dr appointment. They did a growth scan and Piper is measuring 2 weeks ahead and about 3.9 lbs right now. And she has a huge head like her daddy lol long and narrow. Drank my orange drink for the glucose test...it was interesting. Not horrible but kinda gross lol U/S tech said they'll do another growth scan in a month.

19. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: ahh the glucose test! Fun times. Reading anything interesting while you wait?

20. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Speaking of waiting - I'm currently stuck on the motorway on my way to work. Its 3.30pm. I've been here 7hrs so far. I need to pee sooooo bad!

21. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Cherrybee: no freakin' way....may be time to open both doors and pop out real quick! Why is there such a back up?

22. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: There has been a crash. Car and a lorry. Car driver died. Fuel has leaked onto the carriageway and they having to resurface the road apparently. There really is nowhere to pee - I'm past the trees now! It could still be hours yet.

23. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: just hellobee and that wall mural site from your thread lol
    @Cherrybee: ??!!yuck OMG I am so sorry you are stuck in your car!! I think I would've peed myself by that point.

24. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Cherrybee: aww man.

@JennyLayneAZ: I was just perusing that site myself! Lol

25. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: so many awesome murals and wall stickers on there!

26. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

I'm ordering all the items for Baby C's nursery this weekend. I told DH that I was worried we Have not done much and he was like, oh why haven't you ordered anything? Gah.. Id been waiting on him to tell me to go ahead.

27. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Cherrybee: oh no.. How sad

28. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

I finally opened the package of NB and 0-3 rompers I bought Auggie awhile ago to show DH. Here's pics of the beginning of his little wardrobe. I know it's not everyone's taste. DH wears funky socks and that was the inspiration behind my pattern choices. He was happy with my picks!

29. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: nice!!!

30. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: very cute!

31. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Awesome! I haven't seen prints like that - Auggie will look so cute in them!

32. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@BandDmommy: @bloved: @autumnleaves: thanks!

33. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Just purchased all nursery items from PBK... It's getting real.. Lol.

34. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: super cute!!!

@BandDmommy: yay

AFM, the Drs office called, I'm slightly anemic and I failed the 1 hr I go back Tuesday for the 3 hr test. wish me luck.

35. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I did the 3 hour with my 2nd pregnancy. Make sure to bring food to eat as soon as you are done.

36. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@BandDmommy: that's what the nurse said too lol I am not looking forward to this at all! And I am afraid I do have gd since she is big already...

37. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Oh no. Best of luck for the 3hr, I hope you pass (but if not, you'll be okay I promise).

38. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: ugh sorry to hear. I just did my 3 hour today and made a beeline to dunkin donuts next door as soon as I was done! Hoping I passed.

39. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Cherrybee: thank you

@mamabolt: good luck I hope you pass!!

40. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: You never know... I failed the 1 hour and then passed with flying colors the 3 hour..

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee