Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@jh524: giving him BM has improved! my milk came in yesterday and I have been able to express some for him. LO and I need some help with his latch to make BF really work or I may EP.

@JennyLayneAZ: yes the feet! Auggie has hobbit feet and huge hands. Maybe Piper will grow up and bring back Olympic medals in volleyball.

@mamabolt: thanks, home life is definitely different. I thought when baby sleeps parents get a break. Nope, not when your LO cries bloody murder until he's held while he sleeps.

@rockinghorse: you rocked that birth! Congratulations mama

2. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Congrats Mamas Happy Birthday Aries & Taurus Babies!

3/28: AMommyThang: Waylon
    3/31: MaisyMay: Samuel nn Sam/Sammy
    4/3: mamabolt: Henry
    4/8: Cherrybee: Seren
    4/10: PoppyGirl15: Lucian nn Luke ,
    auggiefrog: William nn Liam
    4/11: JH524: Connor
    4/12: Eieio:
    4/14: Den mom: Miles, iluvboba637:
    4/15: AKCoffeeBean: Abigail
    4/17: JennyLayneAZ: Piper
    4/18: MrsRoo: Kennedy
    4/19: Bloved: Nathaniel,
    4/20: Turd Ferguson: , autumnleaves: Matthew
    4/21: Mrs. Lemon-Lime: August nn Auggie
    4/22: Lauraeva: Anna
    4/24: rockinghorse: Baby J

3. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: haha, that would be awesome. Have I mentioned I love the nickname Auggie? Too cute!

4. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Canoli: sorry to hear about the stomach bug, that sounds miserable! I hope you're dilated enough for the induction, my fingers are crossed for you!!

5. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@Canoli: Thinking of you! Sending some ripe cervix vibes

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Yay breastmilk! As a FTM, breastfeeding has been one of the more stressful things. Am I doing it right? Is she getting enough? All that stuff.

So at our peds appt yesterday, her bilirubin was 16, so we had to start her on a bili-blanket at home here. I wish it was sunny so I could put her in some sunlight as well. The light has made everything way more difficult because we are on such a short leash, and it looks so uncomfortable. We are going back this afternoon for a recheck. I am praying that her levels are down and we can stop.

Also, just ordered a belly binder. My stomach feels like it's a ploppy, floppy mess, and my umbilical hernia is popped out as well, and I just want to feel a bit more normal. Anyone else using one?

6. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@rockinghorse: I ordered one off etsy and I'm so bummed because it won't fit. Not happy about it because I followed her specifications for measuring and wanted to use it Pp not when I lose a bunch of weight.

7. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@rockinghorse: sorry to hear about the bili levels, I hope they are down for your appointment! I don't have a belly binder, but I feel the same way about my st! Like, I don't want my husband to look at me, it's so grown!

@jh524: oh that's so frustrating! In shopping news, we ordered a wipe warmer from amazon, and I feel like it's already not working anymore. We just got it plugged in this weekend! I seriously don't have a clue why it would stop warming out of nowhere.

8. akcoffeebean

cherry / 204 posts

@rockinghorse: I wore regular shapewear both times postpartum. I haven't used a belly binder so I can't compare the two but I was happy with the support shape wear gave me.

9. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@Canoli: I hope your appt the other day went well. Are you getting induced/having a c-section today?

I'm excited about the day. My mom is taking me shopping for clothes. My maternity clothes are too big and widened hips/bigger boobs means my pre-pregnancy clothes don't fit either. So, I'm going to get some "transition" clothes, that are also nursing friendly. It'll be fun!

10. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Canoli: Thinking of you

11. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Canoli: sending positive thoughts and energy your way! I hope you don't have to wait another weekend!

12. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

My inlaws left today so we are officially a family of four in the house. LO1 has had a fever, possible ear infection this week and waking up around 4:30am for the day. Not sure if his difficulty sleeping is related to not feeling well, LO2, or something else like a growth spurt/language development.

13. akcoffeebean

cherry / 204 posts

@Canoli hoping you have good news today and that you're feeling better.

14. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@rockinghorse: I am thinking about ordering the bellefit after this baby because I think I'm just going to be a big old hot mess especially since he is almost 2 weeks overdue.

Thank you all so much for thinking of me and sending vibes my way. I am, however, still pregnant. At my appt yesterday the boy was super super active during the nst so his heart rate was a little all over the place so it took a while for them to determine his baseline. Once he calmed down a bit everything looked great and his heart rate was recovering appropriately after I had contractions. They were happy to see he was so active. The contractions I am having are just belly tightening and no real pattern or consistency and nothing intense. I got another ultrasound and my fluid is still good and my blood pressure is fine so my doctor has no concerns about the health of the boy and he saw no indication to do an induction. I did ask if there was any room on the schedule for a c section today or Monday but it was full. He did tell me that he is on call on Sunday and if I don't feel like I can wait until Tuesday I can come to labor and delivery but I would have to say that I was feeling baby move less to even get admitted and I could ask for him and he would do a c section for me but he said the nurses and the staff frown upon that but he wouldn't say no because I am his patient. My husband wants to do that because he is getting anxious and just wants baby out but I don't know so I continue to wait. I was feeling very hopeful this morning because I lost a little of my mucous plug this morning and with my last pregnancy that happened the day I delivered but nothing has happened all day. Soooooooo.....here we are......come on baby boy..........

15. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Canoli: at least he's still healthy & happy in there. but he has just one more dsy to be an April baby Thinking of you!

16. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Canoli: hopefully this is a sign of how laid back he will be on the outside too! The end is close no matter what - wishing you lots of patience for the weekend ahead!!

17. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: thanks! I told him he's almost not an April baby so he has to get moving!

@bloved: I'm really hoping that is the case!

Well it's 2:30am and we just got to the hospital. I lost a lot more of my mucous plug and have been having contractions pretty regularly since 9pm so let's hope little man is ready and wants to be an April baby!

18. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Canoli: good luck! Excited that he might make it in April just under the wire!

19. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Canoli: Good luck

20. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Canoli: yay good luck! I hope things progress quickly for you

21. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Canoli: yea! Good luck! Today is a great day for a birth day! DH's birthday is today.

22. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

Thanks everyone! I ended up opting for a repeat c section and he was born at 6:03am and weighing in at a whopping 9lbs 13 oz! Still trying to figure out his name and will post a pic later!

23. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Canoli: oh my goodness what a big guy! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear his name and see a pic!

24. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Canoli: Congratulations!!!

25. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@Canoli: Congrats! Our last April baby. Can't wait to see pics.

26. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@Canoli: congratulations! Just under the April deadline!

27. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Canoli: many congratulations on your healthy, big baby boy!

28. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Canoli: Wow! What a whopper! Congratulations!

29. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@Canoli: wow. Congrats mama

30. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@Canoli: wow, congrats!! Hope you're both doing well!!

31. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@Canoli: Congrats!

32. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Canoli: congratulations!!😁

33. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Canoli: congrats mama!!! Hope your recovering well and enjoying those baby boy snuggles.

34. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@Canoli: Congrats! And wow! What a big boy!

35. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

Thanks ladies for the well wishes. Here's Reid Christopher joining his fellow April friends.

36. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Congrats Mamas Happy Birthday Aries & Taurus Babies!

3/28: AMommyThang: Waylon
    3/31: MaisyMay: Samuel nn Sam/Sammy
    4/3: mamabolt: Henry
    4/8: Cherrybee: Seren
    4/10: PoppyGirl15: Lucian nn Luke ,
    auggiefrog: William nn Liam
    4/11: JH524: Connor
    4/12: Eieio:
    4/14: Den mom: Miles, iluvboba637:
    4/15: AKCoffeeBean: Abigail
    4/17: JennyLayneAZ: Piper
    4/18: MrsRoo: Kennedy
    4/19: Bloved: Nathaniel,
    4/20: Turd Ferguson: , autumnleaves: Matthew
    4/21: Mrs. Lemon-Lime: August nn Auggie
    4/22: Lauraeva: Anna
    4/24: rockinghorse: Baby J
    4/30: Canoli: Reid

Thinking of you ladies @Scurbro:, @Rinna9:, @GwenMarieDC, @Nibygd:, @BlueWolverine !

37. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Canoli: Congrats!

38. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Canoli: congratulations, he is adorable

39. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

Have you guys taken your LO out on any outings yet by yourself? How old were they when you did? I'm thinking I should just to get more comfortable on my own with her, and maybe take her to the garden center. She is 8 days old now.

40. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@rockinghorse: I've been wondering this too. My pediatrician recommend not going out until he gets his 2 month vaccines, but that seems a ridiculously long time to wait to me (and I don't think I waited that long with my first). But curious what other people are planning to do.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee