Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: yay! Must be so amazing to see everything progressing perfectly

2. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Has anyone started thinking about Maternity leave yet? I'm being pressed to decide what length of time I want to take in the next 2-3 weeks here. Since this is my first baby, I have no frame of reference. Of course "as long as possible" would be nice, but I also have medical school loans that will still be due, so going unpaid for long is difficult. Also, DH and I work at the same place, and we are restricted to 12 total weeks between both of us in a 365 day period. I'm leaning towards Me 8 weeks, him 4, (simultaneously) or probably less likely me 10 and he 2 weeks. I just don't want to have any regrets. Can anyone provide some guidance or perspective?

3. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@yellowbeach: I am thinking about it a little. I took 12 weeks with my son and would not take any less. 12 weeks is pretty standard among people I know but I know companies will sometimes work with you. I'm considering asking for an extra four weeks. My company is European so I don't think anyone would be completely shocked. On the other hand, I've never seen a pregnant person here in the US and I am fairly sure I am one of very few moms so it will be strange. My last company was super family friendly so it was much more comfortable to talk openly about my pregnancy and baby.

4. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: when my son was born my company offered 6 weeks paid so I did that and used a week of vacation to do half days for two weeks (btw this was a terrible idea) I think something like a 8/4 or 9/3 split with your husband would be good. The last weeks alone were really isolating for me so I would have liked more time with DH home. I didn't feel like I had to go back too early either, but everyone's experience is different.

5. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

SO got to come home from work a day early. I just dipped the test in front of him. He's happy as can be. He's thinking about time off work already.

6. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@littleblessings: So sweet, I'm sure it felt great to share!

Are my feet swollen at 4 weeks or did I wear the wrong shoes all week? Ouch! I am really hoping to not be as swollen this time around- had preeclampsia with my first and my blood pressure never returned to pre-pregnancy normal (Almost 3 years between pregnancies).

7. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: I've been having swelling too. It was awesome sharing the news with SO. We were talking about our timeline of when things will happen. Our OB only has an ultrasound tech on Tuesdays and Thursday's. I'll be 20 weeks just before my birthday which is on a Tuesday. Might have the anatomy scan on my birthday.

8. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

DDs birthday party is tonight at the skating rink. Sadly it'll prolly be my last time on skates for a while. It's kind of bittersweet although I did skate til 34 weeks pregnant with my son.

9. combatlibby

coffee bean / 45 posts

Congrats to all of you! I'm overly excited to see this board and anxious to join (officially). I have the same early symptoms as with my first pregnancy, but am testing tomorrow. Happy to be on the path for a second either way Enjoy!

10. Megatherium

grape / 87 posts

EDD: April 14th

How far along: 5 weeks, 2 days

First child? Second. I have an 18 month old son

First doctor appointment: Sept 1st

Any symptoms so far? Super tired

Who have you told? My Mom and sister, in-laws and my husband

11. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

First appointment is Sept 14th. Just scheduled it because you have to be late for them to schedule it and your first appointment has to be at 8 weeks

12. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@littleblessings: That's exciting - bummer you have to wait until 8 weeks though. I guess that's maybe the only perk of IVF is the 6 week US and appointment rather than 8. How psyched was your DH???

13. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Megatherium: Welcome to the group! Have you decided if you'll be Team Green or find out?

14. PeaceLily

apricot / 360 posts

Wow, glad to see so many more people join this board! Congrats to everyone! I was on vacation last week so was away for a bit.

My first ultrasound is this Thursday, 8/18. I'll be 6 weeks then, even though my doctor still has me down for 8 weeks. My blood test results when I first found out I was pregnant clearly showed that I was about 4 weeks and not 6 weeks at the time, but it doesn't seem like they are going to believe me until they see the proof on the ultrasound. I'm nervous, I hope it goes well.

15. Megatherium

grape / 87 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm definitely going to find out. I have no idea how other people do it!

16. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Cautiously tiptoeing into this group....

EDD: 04/21

How far along: 4w, 3d

First child? no, LO just turned 2

First doctor appointment: TBD... apparently they call you back and pre-screen at my new doctor's office and then let you make an appointment. Kind of annoyed by that. I don't really get it?

Any symptoms so far? Tired, but I have a toddler so basically normal!

Who have you told? Just DH so far!

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Congrats to the new mamas! I'm so excited to see this group grow. Seems like we've got enough people to start a list. Let me know if I got anything wrong or missed anyone

April 3: mrsmacSLP (#1) - 7w0d
    April 5: yellowbeach (#1) - 6w5d
    April 7: Cordie (#1) - 6w3d
    April 10: PeaceLily (#1) - 6w0d
    April 14: Megatherium (#2) - 5w3d
    April 18: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2) - 4w6d
    April 21: littleblessings (#3) - 4w3d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2) - 4w3d
    April 21: psw27 (#2) - 4w3d
    April 22: MissLace (#2) - 4w2d

18. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

Happy to be joining you ladies! Congratulations to all!

EDD: 4/15

How far along: 5w2d

First child? No, third! I have two daughters, ages 2 and 1.

First doctor appointment: 9/8

Any symptoms so far? Plenty... nausea, heartburn, fatigue, dizziness, tender boobs, bloating, mild cramps. Although my symptoms have been milder compared to previous pregnancies.

Who have you told? Only told DH so far. He's hoping for a son this time. We are careful not to mention it in front of our 2 year old because she'll spill the beans.

Team Green? We found out with our first and were surprised for our second, so we've done both ways. DH and I both want to find out this third time around.

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MapleMoose: congrats and welcome!

I had my first real bout of nausea today and it definitely made me excited. I took DS for a walk after dinner and felt sick enough I had to cut it short. I'm sure it'll get old fast if it picks up, but for now I'm grateful for the sign that my body is doing what it's supposed to.

20. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

Cautiously jumping in here...been feeling a bit anxious! Congrats to all you mamas

EDD: 4/15/17

How far along: 5w3d

First child? 2nd! I have a sweet 15 month old daughter!

First doctor appointment: 9/7

Any symptoms so far? On and off nausea, mild cramping (especially at night), sore boobs, and just so so tired. Everything comes and goes though which I think it's contributing to my anxiety!

Who have you told? Just DH and the OBs office!

21. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@JennyPenny: I totally sympathize with the excitement of pregnancy symptoms. I felt that way my entire first pregnancy, almost like you said that it was a sign your body was doing what it was supposed to. I find myself looking for more symptoms to make myself feel better!

22. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Mamag511: Glad I'm not alone! I swear I'm doing more symptom spotting than I did during the TWW

23. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

I am fighting through this work day! I don't feel terribly ill just kind of nauseous and very tired. I still have two meetings plus have to pick up my son then get us both home (1.5 hr drive). I feel more tired this time but I think my life is more tiring obviously since I'm already a mom plus the long commute.

24. PeaceLily

apricot / 360 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: Ugh, that sounds like a lot for the rest of the day! My commute is about an hour, but my husband's commute is 1.5 hours. Long commutes are draining, especially when there's traffic.

I'm always tired, but seem to be a little more tired than usual now that I'm pregnant. No nausea yet though, but my mom and my sister didn't have morning sickness so I'm actually thinking I may not end up with it. I have other symptoms though - sore boobs, cramps, bloated, digestive issues, peeing a lot.

I actually decided to push my first ultrasound back a week to 8/25 so that I'll be about 7 weeks at the appointment and can hopefully hear the heartbeat!

25. mrswilson2012

grape / 93 posts

Excited to join you ladies!

EDD: April 10th
    How far along: 6 weeks
    First child? Yes
    First doctor appointment: I had my confirmation appointment yesterday & my first U/S is on 08/25.
    Any symptoms so far? Extremely exhausted & bloated.
    Who have you told? Only my husband.

26. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

Has anyone experienced any dizziness so far? Mine comes and goes but had a few bad spells over the last two days where I just had to sit down and wait it out!

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Mamag511: I actually had some dizziness/lightheadness this morning right when I got up. I think it's a normal pregnancy symptom though I'd bet heat or dehydration could make it worse. Though I'm drinking sooooo much water these days I'm probably the most hydrated I've ever been in my life!

28. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@JennyPenny: @Mamag511: I have dizzy spells too. They are brief but noticeable. I also had them with my previous pregnancies. I do have low blood pressure and the OB said that can contribute to it.

@MOMTOLITTLEB: Hang in there mama! The first trimester is the toughest because that fatigue is brutal. At least for me, I tend to get a bit of energy back in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters to chase after my LOs.

@PeaceLily: It's so hard to wait an extra week for an ultrasound but hearing that heartbeat will make it all worth it.

@mrswilson2012: Congratulations!

29. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@MapleMoose: @JennyPenny: Thanks ladies! It's nice to know that other people are experiencing it too! I think upping my water intake would be helpful too!

@mrswilson2012: Congratulations!!!

30. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@Mamag511: I have here and there but I remember it more last time. Totally normal, and shortness of breath too. For me, it was worse as I got bigger and the baby crowded things!

31. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: I actually read somewhere recently that 2nd+ kids tend to sit lower and so we should have less shortness of breath and heartburn than the first time around. Though likely an increase in frequent urination. I'll take it though. The heartburn and feeling winded up a flight of stairs was rough last time!

32. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: that would be nice!

33. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: I'm on my 3rd. Still slightly winded. A lot less heartburn.

34. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: wow! already!? I'm still mostly symptomless (for better or worse)

35. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

My boobs hurt! Yay, symptoms!!

36. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: woke up with a bad headache and this is just the beginning. Lol. Going to a place near home today because they give free pregnancy tests and give verification papers stating you're pregnant. I'm so excited!!!!!

37. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: Cool! Are the pregnancy tests blood draws or just regular pee sticks?

38. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

EDD: April 19th

How far along: 5 weeks and a day

First child? Second child

First doctor appointment: This Monday, August 22nd

Any symptoms so far? Just fatigue with little to no nausea

Who have you told? DH, my son's godmother, future baby's possible godparents.

39. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: it's a urine test

40. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: hahah I'm pretty much symptom free and it's freaking me out a little bit. But with my first I was sick starting right at 6 weeks so I should probably enjoy this last week of not feeling hungover permanently.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee