Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrswilson2012: aw glad you passed! And yes, it does "get real" once you start getting a lot of stuff set up and purchased.

@bubblegum: ughhhh I'm sorry. That stinks and I totally hear ya about work... Is there a lab you can take the test at closer to your office?

2. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: hmm that's a good question! I'm going to ask!

3. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: Yuck! I wish they could trust us to not cheat. I have my 1 hr test on Thursday and am so not looking forward to it. I hope you can find a closer lab!

4. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@ValentineMommy: For me, the swelling goes away quickly after delivery, about 1-2 weeks.

We moved the girls into the same room and they LOVE it. I hear them say goodnight to each other after we tuck them into bed and my heart melts. We took off the front of DD1's crib so she climbs in and out of her "big girl bed" but thankfully hasn't tried to get out of bed overnight yet.

@bubblegum: Ugh, so sorry to hear you failed the 1-hour. I did too, but passed the 3-hour with super low blood sugar. You never know! I agree though, it's so annoying to fast and wait around for multiple blood draws, especially if the drink makes you feel gross!

5. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: I know! Awww best of luck girl. I hope you pass!

6. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: YES! Agreed!

7. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@bubblegum: looking at trailer parks and houses to rent. I don't want to live in more apartment complexes. Too many people in each other's business

8. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

Was a little uncomfortable last night and woke up this morning with back pain that felt earily similar to the back labor I had with my first. I ended up throwing up 3 times because of the pain and made an appt at my OB this morning. Turns out I have kidney stones and the pain got so bad so fast. I was admitted to the hospital around 11am this morning and the kidney stones set off contractions for HOURS. I was in so much pain and it seemed like forever until they broke out the morphine. Baby is totally fine and I'm just now feeling some serious relief. I'm spending the night here tonight and should be discharged in the morning. Man, what a rough day! On a positive note, I passed my glucose test 👍

9. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@MissLace: oh no! That sounds horrible!! Glad you finally got some relief.

10. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MissLace: Oh how terrible! It's uncomfortable enough being this pregnant but to add kidney stones on top of that?! I hope you are resting comfortably now and things go smoothly.

11. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrswilson2012: Whoohoo!!! Mine is friday, and I'm not looking forward to it at all!

@lilteacherbee: Pretty sure I'm going to gain more this time as well, though I don't look at the scale at my appts (I just ask the doc to let me know if everything is going ok). I would drive myself crazy if I looked all the time!

@bubblegum: Ugh, that stinks! Hopefully the 3 hour one goes ok!

@MapleMoose: Thank goodness - I hope mine goes away quickly too.

@MapleMoose: @bubblegum: Did you have to fast for your glucose test? I'm pretty sure my doc told me not to, but I can't remember.

@MissLace: Oh man! I'm glad you got some relief and are being monitored!

12. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@littleblessings: I completely understand. I hope the process if quick and painless for you girl. A nice fresh start

13. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: It really does! I hope so too.

14. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MissLace: oh no! I am so sorry, I hope you feel better soon!

15. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MissLace: Kidney stones are true pain. I can't even imagine having one while pregnant. I'm glad they were willing to offer you the morphine. Many people falsely believe opioids are bad in pregnancy, but it's really just continued use of opioids. Anyway, props to you for enduring all that!

16. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@ValentineMommy: For the 1-hour glucose test I was told to eat/drink normally until drinking the sugar solution at the OB office. After drinking it I could not have anything, no food, fluids, gum, mints until the hour was up. But for the 3-hour test I had to fast for at least 8 hours (overnight) with only some water, then had to be at the lab at 6:30am to start the testing.

17. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

As we approach the end and many of us have know what we're having...who is bold enough to share their sweet babies name, if already decided?

I totally understand deleting it later so no one IRL figures out it's you!

18. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

@bubblegum: were definately going with Grant for a first name and either Oliver or Desmond (Dez) as a middle name! Our daughters name is Sienna and I think Sienna and Grant sound cute together! 😊

19. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MissLace: How cute! I adore Desmond! I haven't heard that name in a long time!

20. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@bubblegum: We're still torn between Joanna (Jojo) Elaine and Juliette (Jules) Elaine! 75% of people I've told have leaned towards Juliette, but I just can't pull the trigger and decide! Ugh.

21. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Both are super cute but I'll join the bandwagon in saying I would go with Juliette. So classic. I love classic names

22. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MissLace: I love Desmond! I've also always really liked Grant, but I don't think it sounds good with our last name!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Yep, also jumping on the bandwagon because I 💗 Juliette (and Jules is such a cute nickname!).

@bubblegum: Our little girl is Annabelle Kate

23. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Aww now that's a girly girl name! Love it!

24. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MissLace: I love Grant! I actually threw that out there the other day as a possibility to my DH.

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I like both! (mostly cause I'm a nickname person and Jojo is adorable and I have a really good friend nicknamed Jules.

@lilteacherbee: aw what a sweet name!

We haven't completely confirmed a name, but I think it will be Cole. Not sure on middle name yet. But DH was wavering the other day so who knows!

25. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@MissLace: I love the name Desmond. I liked his character on LOST

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I'm partial to the nn Jules since that's MY nn

Here's a question... if DS's name begins with E, is it too matchy-matchy to have this baby girl's name start with E? We also plan to have more kids but will probably not keep with the E theme. Would that be weird for the other kid?

26. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@bubblegum: Evelyn "Evie" Inara (DH is 1/2 Egyptian and didn't want anything "too white." I reminded him that the other 1/2 of him is English and Inara got bumped to middle name status.

27. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: LOVE Cole! So strong!

28. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@justjules: Not at all! My sister and I both have E names, totally not on purpose. The third child will make people realize you weren't trying to be trendy

29. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@yellowbeach: Ohhh how cute but different!!! I really like that. My sweet girl's middle name is super different too. All the adults in my family hate it but my younger siblings think I'm the coolest mom around!

30. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@justjules: My DS is Cam and his little brother will be Cole (probably)... so I'm okay with it. My brother and I are both S names and my cousins are all Cs and all Hs. It's a thing in our family but if we have a third it won't be a C name - especially if it is a girl so I think it is okay.

31. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: Thanks! I like simple, pronounceable names that are strong. I always think of what my kids will sound like introducing themselves as adults.

@yellowbeach: love the name!

32. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MapleMoose: Ok good, I thought they had said no fasting for the 1 hour!

@bubblegum: Our DD is Annelise Mae DS1 is Desmond Elliott and DS2 is Gideon Everett.

@MissLace: My DS1 is named Desmond (Dez)! I clearly think it's a great name!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I love both names!

@lilteacherbee: Love Annabelle - so adorable!

@justjules: I don't think it's too matchy....do the names sound similar at all?

33. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MissLace: Love Grant! Its on our list for middle names

@yellowbeach: Such a beautiful name - and the nerd in me especially loves Inara

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I would have been solidly in the Juliette camp, but I love both of those nicknames, so cute!!!

@justjules: We're vetoing names that start with J for #2 for this reason, even though there's a lot of good ones. Though, my name also starts with J so its getting really crazy there

@psw27: I think that's the hardest thing with (especially boy) names. It has to fit well for a small child and for an adult.

34. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

We have made very little progress on names. We had girls names figured out but boys are so much tougher. Our list includes:

First Name: Thomas, Ian, William, Henry, Neil, Logan
    Middle: all of above + Grant, Scott, Samuel

35. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@JennyPenny: Same here! We keep tossing some of our favorite names back and forth but really haven't settled on "the one" yet. His middle name will be my dad's first name, so that part was easy.

36. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Ohhh all very strong names!! You go girl!

37. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Those are all some very classic names! Great list!! You'll have to update us when you narrow it down! Neil is my fav but I'm a big Once Upon a Time fan so I'm bias. ;p

38. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: @psw27: @bubblegum: Thanks!

@JennyPenny: I love Ian and Henry! They've both been on our list when naming our boys.

@justjules: I think it's fine! I know several families with 3 kids and two have the same initial, while the third is different.

@ValentineMommy: Love Annalise! Such girly names for our babies! Everyone always says it's such a "southern belle" name which makes me laugh because I know she'll probably be playing dinosaurs and trucks with her brothers 😉

39. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I'm currently waiting for my 1-hr glucose test. I did the orange drink this time and it's definitely less gross. I just hope I don't crash later like last time. Scheduling my next appointment 2 weeks out really makes it feel like we're in the final stretch. I suspect Feb and March are just going to fly by!

40. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

And sugar crash Ugh feeling shaky and weak like last time

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee