Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Awww you're getting more experience never old!

2. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: ME!!!!!

3. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: I think we are set, but who knows. My husband might try to throw something out there last minute!

@jennypenny: the anticipation must be driving you crazy!

4. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: I'd say we're leaning 75% towards one.

@psw27: Yeah, I keep waiting to see if they'll come back today, but so far nothing So probably nothing to be excited about...

5. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Haha same here! When nursing, I can pretty much eat whatever I want and still lose weight and that is the opposite of my normal! But it be nice to have clothes in just a size or two that (hopefully) fit again because right now, it's all over the place (every summer since 2013, I've been in a different stage- second tri pregnant, smaller than pre-preg, VERY pregnant, "normal", and now post-partum).

And yes, we've had her name since we found out gender at 12 weeks!

6. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: Did you have your son early at all? How many weeks are you now? 36?

How are our full term mamas doing? We've got quite a few over the 37 week mark now!

7. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: Nope, he was on his due date. But he also measured "dead average" the whole time, as opposed to his giant baby brother. Based on dr. due date I am 36 weeks today which is good cause I think it means avoiding an automatic NICU trip. But I'm 36 weeks tomorrow based on when I know I ovulated.

8. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Anyone else feeling....just weird and off as we get to the last few weeks?

I don't know if it's from being uncomfortable, or not leaving the house much, or what. But I just feel SO exhausted, yet like I'm going to simultaneously jump out of my skin. It's indescribable and weird!!

9. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: woohoo to 36 weeks! Personally, I think of 36 weeks as full term. I'm so excited for some babies to start arriving (but not my own yet... he needs to cook some more!)

@ValentineMommy: Yes, to all of that. I was just saying to my colleague that I feel so anxious and jumpy and just wanting to pass the time but I have no energy to really do anything and it's so dang cold and miserable here that I've been cooped up a lot. I keep hoping for spring!

10. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: yes exactly!!! I don't know how to pass the time better or what to do with myself! It's making my anxiety ramp up too, I think.

11. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: Are you working at home? I always wish I could work at home but then I might go nuts if I was home all the dang time too. My office is so quiet right now, it kills me. I have to put music on in the background all day to pass the time and keep my head quiet!

12. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: yup! Working at home full time till the baby comes. Since my blood pressure was doing weird things and I passed out a few times, my doc wrote a note for work. Not having to get dressed or do makeup is pretty great, but yea, I'm definitely getting stir crazy. But at the same time, I'm exhausted and doing anything makes me want to take a nap! Also, I start work at 6am, so when I commute, I have to get up at 4:50....which so isn't happening right now. Lol!

13. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@ValentineMommy: I am at the "done" stage today. Feeling weak and nauseous. All I want is massive amounts of water and sleep. But here I am at work trying to get paperwork finished incase this is it. It's our five year anniversary today too! But I'm thinking staying in and sleeping sounds much better 😕

14. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Happy Anniversary! I have totally been feeling super thirsty the past few days as well! Abnormally so. Weird!

15. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@ValentineMommy: I can't get over how much water I'm drinking! I have a Nalgene bottle that holds 32 ozs and yesterday I drank 4! Today it's only 11 am and I'm at 2 plus an 8oz glass of apple juice.

16. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: you're so close! I'm also super duper thirsty lately, but my office can't get its heating situation together so its about 80 in here. I think I'm starting to swell so I'm retaining a bit of it too

17. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Same! I am not normally very good at drinking water, but I'm going through a TON the past few days!

18. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: um yeah, 4:50 is a gross time to wake up.... although half the time I'm awake by then these days!

19. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: Same, I'm typically awake without an alarm by then nowadays....but at least I don't have to move! I have my work computer set up next to my bed even, so when I start at 6, I don't even have to get up. #superpregnantandlazy lol!

20. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: so jealous. I pretty much hate the schlep to work these days. I just want to put my feet up!

21. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: It's pretty great!

22. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

I've started having some intense Braxton Hicks the last two nights to the point where it wakes me up multiple times a night. I'm 36 weeks now and so anxious to know when I'm going to go into labor. I feel like he's going to come early, but I hate the uncertainty! One another note, I'm getting a prenatal massage on Saturday and doing pur maternity photos which I'm pumped about!

23. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

35 weeks today and I'm starting to get puffy feet at the end of the day. But that means my DH rubs them every night, which is nice. Lol. Our family pictures/maternity pictures are this weekend and I'm worried about how big I'll be, ugh. I'm slowly starting to hate being pregnant. Baby has gotten super violent the past day or 2 and kicking really painfully. Nothing is ready yet either because our garage sale isn't till next week along with our shower. I'm just feeling blah and grumpy.

24. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MissLace: Same here. Last night they were particularly painful, but I only had 4-5 of them over the course of an hour or so and then they went away. Its gonna get old fast if this keeps happening every night... Prenatal massage sounds sooo nice

25. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MissLace: @JennyPenny: I'm really glad you guys posted that you are having a lot of BH. I've been having a lot as well but it helps to know others are getting them too! I'm so curious if they are doing anything to move towards labor. My nurse thinks that I'll have the baby around 37.5 weeks, we'll see.....

26. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: the violent kicks are intense. Especially when trying to go to sleep!!

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: I was doing some reading and there's a theory that "false labor" contractions may be working to get baby into a good position. So that's positive at least

I just ordered my breast pump! I got a second Medela PISA even though I had a ton of cool options this time around compared to last time. I just wanted to be able to reuse parts and this way I can keep one at the office and one at home

28. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: I've heard that BH are also good for bringing blood flow to the placenta, so that is good for the baby! Once I read some positives of BH it helped me stop worrying about them so much.

I'm thinking of getting another PISA too, for the same reasons! Although my friend has my original right now. I guess I won't be back at work for a while so it shouldn't matter much! I am definitely intrigued by all the cool new options out there though.

29. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

One more week in March!!! How exciting!

30. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: I'm so happy about it!! I can't wait to be like it's April 1st, I'm due THIS month!

31. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: YESSSS!!! I can't wait to change my work calendar to April! I only have 14 more days of actual work! Whoot whoot

32. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@psw27: @JennyPenny: Ugh, I wish I could get another pump because mine has been through two babies and I really don't want it to die until I'm done with pumping this time (I worked full time with DS1, but not with DS2 and only pumped once/day, so at least there's that). Somehow my insurance (state teacher's insurance through DH) got grandfathered in through a loophole and doesn't have to pay for pumps 🙄 Being that they insure TONS of child-bearing age women, it really pisses me off! So I had to pay OOP for my PISA 3 years ago...

@bubblegum: Yes! I'm technically having this baby 4 days into May, but April will make it seem sooo much closer!!

33. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Oh for sure!

34. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@lilteacherbee: WHAT?! That's insane. I thought that the ACA made it so they had to provide breast pumps for free. That's so crappy! I just hope that nothing changes in the next few days and I can order mine before the laws change... (if they change.... who knows whats happening with that whole mess!)

I will say, I wish that I had bought a second pump last time off of ebay or craigslist, there are tons of brand new pumps that moms got for free and sell on there for nothing. My PISA has been such a work horse for me and my friend who is borrowing it (both FT WOHM), I worry it will die too! You should check around your local mom groups and see if anyone is selling a new one.

35. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I'm getting really painful kicks the past few days!! Like, really painful!! It is definitely no fun.

36. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@psw27: Right?! I don't understand. I checked a few days ago just to make sure nothing has changed since my last baby, but nope.

That's a good idea, though! I should check it out.

37. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Anyone else STILL getting sick this late in ththe game?! I am!! I had been smooth sailing for awhile and out of no where it happens. I'm so over this. With DS the roughest stage of my pregnancy was the first trimester, having to adjust to the exhaustion. But the roughest stage of this pregnancy is the whole darn thing!!

38. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Is anybody else just mentally over being pregnant? Constant contractions for over a week, no progression. I haven't slept at all in two days. I'm over it.

39. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: I was just thinking about you! Glad you are still pregnant but I'm sure the contractions are exhausting. What did your doctor say?

@bubblegum: I haven't thrown up but if I get hungry I'm nauseous again.... And I'm also not hungry really at night so that makes it hard.

40. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: he just said he will see me Tuesday if I'm still pregnant. SO won't let me make my labor cookies yet. Half the supplies for them are at the other place still.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee