Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2018 Moms!

1. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

Anyone else still testing daily? 🙈 I'm a total crazy person!

2. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@ineebee: congrats!

@HeartAbandoned: I was but made myself stop! I tested Sunday and Monday and got freaked out that the line wasn't any darker, so I'm just going to test once a week until my first appointment, mostly because I have a ton of dollar store tests left! Your lines look amazing!

Called my OB this morning and my first appointment is 8/31 for a dating ultrasound. It seems so far away but I'm sure with our crazy summer will be here super fast.

3. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@HeartAbandoned: Those lines are beautiful! I'm testing daily too, and my lines are getting sliiiightly darker each day. I'm wondering when I'll stop... probably start doing every other or every few days until I run out of cheapo HPTs.

4. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@HappyBaker: @ineebee: Glad I'm not the only one! And thanks for the encouragement on the lines. I'm still super nervous but trying to relax. I think after today's line I may be able to. Or at least wait a day or 2 between testing! I still have quite a few cheapies, but I also know I'm going to want to test periodically before my first appointment--also on 8/31! I wasn't expecting to be seen until the following week, so 8/31 seems soon/early to me! Apparently my OB has moved first appointments from 8 weeks to 7 weeks since the last time I did this!

5. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@HeartAbandoned: first ultrasound at 7w! That's awesome. Mine is at 10w!! Or 9? It's on September 14. With my first being conceived through IVF, my first u/s was at 6w, maybe even earlier. Not that I want to go through hose treatments again, but that was ONE nice perk.

6. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

EDD: 4/17

First child? No, I have a 2.5 year old daughter. ☺

Any symptoms? I'm more tired than normal and some minor cramping.

Who have you told? Just my husband and a bff.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Wondering how I'm going to handle everything! I'm a SAHM and full time student.

7. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@ineebee: 10 weeks would be torture for me, but you have such a good outlook on it! 9/14 will be here in no time.

@MRSJX3: Welcome! We have such a fun group of mamas that also have 2.5 year olds! What are you studying?

8. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@MRSJX3: Wow, a SAHM and full time student! That's amazing. And congratulations!! Yay for 2.5yo LO1s!

@HeartAbandoned: Thanks! (Nervous laughter) trying to have a good attitude about it! I kinda pleaded with the nurse - I was like, "this is in my medical history, this happened with my delivery etc etc... Any chance those are reasons to be seen earlier?" She laughed (with me) and said sorry.

9. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@MRSJX3: Welcome and congrats!

I already feel SO bloated and its SO early. I'm hoping to wait to tell work until 12 weeks but I'm not sure if it will be obvious by then, I know with DS I was already showing by then and just trying to hide it / no one would ask so I didn't say anything haha.

I also started to look into daycare costs / how having 3 will impact things for us financially. It's actually not as bad as I thought since DD starts Kindergarten next Fall. I was hoping to switch to part time once she starts K so hopefully can still make that work!

10. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@HeartAbandoned: @HappyBaker: @ineebee:

Thank you! I'm studying early childhood education and am also getting endorsements in special ed and ELL.

11. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

Tentatively joining in

EDD: April 5

First child: 3rd. I have a daughter (4) and a son (2)

Symptoms: I started gagging when cleaning my teeth a few days before I tested, then have felt progressively more nauseous and lots of dry heaving.

Who have you told: Lots of online friends and friends from when we lived in Canada, but no family yet.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears: very anxious. I had a miscarriage at the end of June and a previous one inbetween having my daughter and son. We had told my daughter we were pregnant in June and she was so upset when we lost it, so really hoping to protect her from anything like that again.

12. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@travelgirl1: Congratulations and fingers crossed that your precious little one gets to meet his/her siblings!! So so sorry for your loss in June- I can't imagine how heartbreaking that must've been for you. I wonder if prenatal care is any different over there? Do you know when your first u/s will be? Soon, I hope!

13. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@MRSJX3: Cool! Before I became a SAHM, I was an elementary ELL teacher! So great that a lot of teachers are getting endorsements and trainings in Sped and ELL!

14. Shybee23

coffee bean / 45 posts

Hi all!

EDD: April 19

First child? Yes!!

Any symptoms? I'm surprised how tired I am already.

Who have you told? Just my husband. Telling all the parents next week.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Really really happy. And excited for the first ultrasound in early September.

15. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@ineebee: thank you! 💜 It will be my first baby born in England, if we get that far, so I'm not too sure what to expect from prenatal care, other than that it will all be with midwives. I need to ring them and get an appointment, then they arrange a scan for 12 ish weeks. I'm going to book one privately at about 8 weeks, for my own reassurance.

@Shybee23: congratulations!

16. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@Shybee23: Welcome and congratulations!!! Your first! Yay!

@travelgirl1: I can understand why you'd want one privately at 8 weeks! 12 weeks would be an eternity to wait!

17. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

I'm breathing a little easier today because from 15DPO to 18DPO, the lines were --barely-- getting darker on my cheapie HPTs (FMU, all that). But for the first time this morning (19DPO), the line was significantly darker, thank goodness. I'm guessing it was just a super late implantation because I tested at 11DPO and it was stark white! I have two left, so I think I'll use them up this weekend and be done with the testing.

Anyone else STILL testing?? :\

18. CoolCate

olive / 69 posts

I'm looking for some advice.
    I got my bfp 3 days after I accepted a new job and i'm worried to tell them. I'm only 6 weeks along so it's still pretty early, but DH thinks I should tell them asap so they wont be mad if I were to wait till i'm out of the 1st trimester like my friends and family are suggesting. I have a 60 day trial period where I can be let go for any reason (as most employers do)
    What do you guys think?

19. CoolCate

olive / 69 posts

@Shybee23: Yay! another first time mom !

20. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@ineebee: I told myself I'd stop but I tested yesterday. I was relieved because it was finally darker than it was at the beginning of the week!

@CoolCate: This happened with my last pregnancy, I found out I was pregnant a few weeks after starting. I waited until 12 weeks to tell them, I think I'd do the same if I were especially because of the 60 day probationary period! Also I think FMLA won't technically cover your job because you won't have been there a year before going on leave, so when you DO tell them you'll want to be clear if you are planning on coming back.

21. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@ineebee: I'm still testing nearly every day. I'm trying not to, but I'm just losing my mind in nervousness over here. If I had any other real, identifiable symptoms I probably wouldn't be testing so much...I'm still just 4.5 weeks, so I'm hopeful it's too early for major symptoms I'm occasionally feeling a bit nauseous, but not for any length of time; I'm tired, but I also have a 2.5 year old; my boobs are sore, but not crazy sore...is it August 31st yet???

@CoolCate: How family friendly is your new place? This happened to a coworker of mine after she started at our office, but we are really family friendly and accommodating. She told her supervisor early on (first tri), and she was terrified to do so, but her boss was excited and really supportive. I think if it were me, unless I knew the new place was family friendly, I would wait until you plan to make a wider announcement.

22. CoolCate

olive / 69 posts

@HeartAbandoned: They place is family owned, strong christian beliefs, but i've only known them for 3 days. They seem really nice and relaxed when it comes to almost everything but work.

23. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@CoolCate: I tend to agree with @happybaker, to wait to tell them at least until after the 60 days have passed and perhaps not until you would feel comfortable telling everyone else (like not close family and friends). Otherwise you're giving them the option to let you go if they want to.

24. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

I should have added I've been lurking here as I'm due to POAS later this week and feel very hopeful for many reasons.

25. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@CoolCate: If I were you I would wait. Good luck!

@MrsJBeeG: Hope to see you here with a soon soon soon!

26. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

How is everyone feeling?

Morning sickness woke me up at 4am to throw up, I even threw up in an alleyway in town this afternoon, so gross. I feel constantly awful.

@MrsJBeeG: good luck!

27. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@travelgirl1: oh no that sounds awful!

I'm feeling totally normal which would be worrying if my first two pregnancies were not symptom free as well. Hoping to skip over morning sickness again but there's still time I'm sure!

We're trying to figure out when to tell our families and our kids. DD is 5 and is so impatient with dates I'm dreading months of "is it time NOW?!" Ha.

28. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@travelgirl1: Oh no! I'm sorry you're feeling poorly already. How many weeks are you?

I'm with @HappyBaker: and am feeling mostly normal. And of course I'm freaked out by that! I didn't throw up at all with DS, but I did feel pretty icky and had some strong aversions, so I'm worried/waiting for those to kick in. I am pretty tired, and I do pee at least every 2 hours while I'm awake. None of my "symptoms" feel like they are enough to take the edge off my worry. I'm not even 5 weeks yet though (I will be tomorrow!) so I'm thinking it's just too early to really experience all the joys of pregnancy symptoms. I'm trying my best to enjoy it while I can!

29. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@HappyBaker: fingers crossed you avoid it! Aww I bet your daughter is so excited!!!

@HeartAbandoned: I'm only 6 weeks 2 days so it's going to get a lot worse. Week 8/9 are usually the absolute worst for me. I know it can be worrying without symptoms, week 6 is typically when it kicks in for most people though so try enjoy feeling well while you can 😃

30. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@travelgirl1: boo for the morning sickness but yay for still being pregnant!

31. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Kemma: how are you doing?

32. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@travelgirl1: not too bad, thanks 😊 No morning sickness but I do feel a wee bit queasy at times although the lack of symptoms does make me nervous even if it is normal for my pregnancies!

I booked on with my midwife last week and have got an appointment for a dating scan, our local hospital is down a tech at the moment so they're only offering early scans if medically indicated (and now that I'm 35 and have had both a loss and GD that gets me in!).

33. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Did your doctors have betas run? Mine doesn't and I still have 2 weeks to wait till my appointment. I'd love to have that info!!

34. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@HappyBaker: No betas here. They just schedule an appointment at 7 weeks for an u/s and a visit with a NP in the office. 2 weeks 2 days till I'm seen!! I can't wait to see this little nugget on screen (and tell our families our news!) Until then I'll just keep peeing on the tests I have...I still have LH tests, so I'm using those in addition to the HCG tests and holding on to my last 2 CB digital tests a while longer.

35. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Kemma: Enjoy the lack of morning sickness Great you get the early scan! Are you feeling less anxious about everything?

@HappyBaker: No betas, they don't do that here apparently. I did have them with my first two pregnancies though but opted not to with my third pregnancy as I had fabulous numbers with my first loss and it made no difference. So now I don't place any value in knowing them.

36. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@HappyBaker: no betas here either, and I won't do my first set of blood tests until 7-9 weeks.

@travelgirl1: I'm nervous! Our scan is on Monday and I'll be barely six weeks so I'm not sure whether I should expect to see a heartbeat or not which makes me more nervous...

37. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Kemma: I think about six weeks is when they say you can see it, but not to worry if you can't at that point. My scan is a week today, I'll be 7 weeks 3 days then so I have my fingers crossed! Good luck for Monday

38. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@Kemma: @travelgirl1: So excited for you guys next week!!

39. MeginAnCo

pea / 5 posts

Hi all, nervously joining...

EDD: 4/12/18

First child? 2nd, #1 will be just shy of 3 in April

Any symptoms? Nope, just have an awful cold I can't shake

Who have you told? Just DH

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Similar to others, no real symptoms and the wait for my first appointment at the end of the month is hard! Also, my first was a result of three rounds of IVF and we NEVER thought I could get pregnant again w/o intervention so we are beyond excited. This is really nerve wracking and very different from last time though.

40. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Cautiously joining here instead of just lurking...

EDD: April 23

First child? Nope, my LO1 is 2yo

Any symptoms? Just sleepy and starting to get hungry more frequently. Oh, also- 1st tri insomnia. I had this bad with my first pregnancy, so I'm not surprised it's back.

Who have you told? DH, my best friend and my MIL.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I'm excited and nervous. I've had a couple friends have miscarriages so that's on the forefront of my mind. I'm also planning to birth at a birth center and they don't do the first appointment until 10 weeks when they can pick up the heartbeat via doppler. So, that seems like forever to wait.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee