Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2018 Moms!

1. summerfruit

olive / 71 posts

Hi everyone! This is uncharted territory for me (no pun intended)

EDD: mid April

First child? yes

Any symptoms? increased burping, decreased appetite, fuller breasts

Who have you told? husband

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? We were planning on TTC later this year, so I wasn't quite mentally prepared for pregnancy. We found out a few days ago! We still had things left on our to-do list! I wonder how our lives will change, how my own health will change, how my work will change as the pregnancy progresses and baby is born. Also wondering how we will tell our parents.

2. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@LindsayInNY: Spotting was just a passing thing, thankfully! There were no issues on the scan. The nurse guessed it's related to intercourse DH is taking all the credit for getting in a few days early for the U/S! So glad to have you on the board - congrats & welcome! So exciting to share this time with two close friends who have had difficulties getting to this point, too. Such a special bond!

@HappyBaker: Thanks!

@summerfruit: Congrats & Welcome! There are so many unknowns to pregnancy, but I hope you'll enjoy it as much as possible! Telling the grandparents is one of the most fun parts, I think

3. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

I've been having trouble keeping track of everyone so figured I'd put together a list - I can't believe how many April moms there are!!! Let me know if I got anyone wrong and I'll edit

April Due Dates
    April 2 - cardad (#2)
    April 4 - ginmar12 (#2)
    April 5 - turquoisemama (#2)
    April 7 - coolcate (#1)
    April 9 - sorrycharlie (#3)
    April 10 - tasha (#2), travelgirl1 (#3)
    April 12 - meginanco (#2)
    mid April - kemma (#3), summerfruit (#1)
    April 15 - ineebee (#2)
    April 17 - happybaker (#3), heartabandoned (#2), mrsjx3 (#2)
    April 19 - shybee23 (#1)
    April 23 - mamab (#2)
    April 25 - birdofafeather (#3)
    April 30 - nanilani (#2), pollywog (#2)
    May 7 - lindsayinny (#2)

4. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@summerfruit: Welcome to pregnancy and HB!!

5. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Betas went from 43 (Friday) to 240 (Monday)! They want me back in a week for a u/s. I'm going next Friday instead so I'm hoping the extra couple of days give us more to see? I'll only be about 5 1/2 weeks then anyways. Is it crazy for DH to join?

6. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

feeling a little tired and bloated, but other than that, nada. i think i'm 6 weeks, so this is probably normal, but definitely not feeling pregnant!

i made an appt for a birth center for next week. both my l&ds were quick and totally normal, but both kiddos were coombs positive (i'm O+ and they are A+) so jaundiced and needed bili lights (one in NICU as well) and so i'm not sure about doing a birth center or home birth and then having to check into the hospital again for bili lights. so basically i want midwifery prenatal care and delivery/birth with the conveniences of our local hospital. so i want to see what they say.

anyone else considering a birth center or home birth?

7. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

I haven't posted on HB in FOREVER (used to be a regular) but once I found out I was pregnant I remembered how much I appreciated the ladies who I did my other pregnancies with soooo I'm putting my toe back in for some pregnancy support

EDD: April 29
    First child? 4th!!!
    Any symptoms? super bloated, tired and mildly nauseous/feeling "off" all day long
    Who have you told? my husband, sister and best friends
    Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I have PCOS which exhibits in super low progesterone in my pregnancies so that's always my fear at the beginning. I was able to get in to my doctor quickly though so I'm already on PIO injections and feeling pretty peaceful about it this time.

8. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Running Elley: just chiming in to say welcome back and congratulations!!

9. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Running Elley: omg! Congratulations! Nice to see you back!

10. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@Running Elley: Hey Lady, welcome back and congrats on number four!

11. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@bushelandapeck: @travelgirl1: @Kemma: Thank you!!! It's so nice to see some familiar "faces" ❤

12. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

For those with older LOs who will actually understand what's happening...have you told them yet?? Or when are you planning to?
    That part is totally new to us because when our third was born the other 2 were barely 2 -!: barely 3 so they understood but not nearly as much as they do now. I'm feeling more cautious about telling them early just in case something happens and I also know that as soon as they know everyone will know lol. I'm thinking we'll tell them after my first official appt where we should hear a HB but id love to hear what everyone else is doing!

13. summerfruit

olive / 71 posts

@HeartAbandoned: @LindsayInNY: Thank you! I appreciate being part of such a positive community. It's all growing on me I suppose.

@Running Elley: Wow, you are a rock star!

PS Also, since I'm a newbie, to all, how do you add your own picture as your profile pic? Thanks!

14. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Running Elley: whhhhaaaa!!!! CONGRATS!! and NO, we have not told R yet because she will tell everyone. so we're gonna wait a bit... aka, until we're ready for every single person at school, life to know. probably after the 11/12 week U/S.

15. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@Running Elley: we haven't told the kids yet but I'm keen to keep the keep our news to ourselves for as long as possible and telling Alexis would be like broadcasting it on the news! We lost a baby at seven weeks in February and I don't want to put the kids through that if I can avoid it. I have couple of events at the end of a September so no doubt we'll still announcing around then.

16. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@birdofafeather: I'm planning on using a birth center. I understand having some concerns about it. My labor with LO1 was so fast and the birth center is 40 min from our house (as opposed to 12 min to the hoapital). Also, she had to stay in the special care nursery for 5 days for an elevated respiratory rate (they were freaked out that I was GB+ and didn't receive enough antibiotics). I also had some hemorrhaging (nothing too bad, they got it under control with pitocin and cytotec). All of that worries me a bit about choosing the birth center.

Could you possibly use an office that has OBs and Midwives (that's what I did the first time)? Then you get midwifery care, with an OB as back up.

I want to do the birth center because i love the environment that they set up, I like the model of care they run on, and it will end up being so much cheaper (unless we need a hospital transfer for any reason).

17. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Running Elley: We have told the kids, and as a result, pretty much the whole world, ha ha.

It was a tough decision but we had to because I'm so sick and they are seeing me throw up every day and I think that was scarier for them when they didn't have a reason. We had a loss at the end of June which really upset my daughter, so this time we have had to have a talk about how although we really want this baby to come to earth, we know that sometimes babies go to heaven instead and if that happens it's really sad but they would join our other babies in heaven so they wouldn't be alone. She often asks if the baby is okay, and kisses my tummy. She's very sweet. But has literally told everyone she knows! My little boy just shouts: "you have baby in your tummy. Me bounce baby" and tries to jump on it. So that's how we've handled it, but, if I was able to hide the sickness we may have handled it differently.

18. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@Running Elley: Congrats! We are also waiting until after the NT scan to tell our kids because they are 5 and 2.5 and my daughter especially will definitely tell every human she comes into contact with

19. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Running Elley: Welcome back!!

20. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@birdofafeather: @HappyBaker: You guys are so strong to wait until after the NT scan!!! It's seriously killing me not to tell them. I know they're going to be so excited. I don't know how I'm going to wait until after my appt in 2 weeks!

@Kemma: @travelgirl1: I'm so sorry for your recent losses I had losses before my oldest and that's definitely what is making me hesitate most.

@travelgirl1: This baby is going to be SO special to your daughter- I think the way that you approach it is beautiful!

21. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Running Elley: Thanks. I think the fact we had two losses (she was too young to understand the first) has really helped her cope. She was very worried about the recent loss baby going to heaven so we talk about our "babies in the sky" often and every time she has a worry, such as the babies are crying because they aren't with mummy, we talk it through and talk about heaven and it really helps her. It comforts her to think they each have a sibling like she and T have each other, and a few cousins to play with too. Although it's something I wish we could have sheltered her from, I'm hoping it will teach her empathy and reduce the fear of loss for her so that if she/someone close to her experiences it one day, she won't be scared to talk about it.

22. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@travelgirl1: I totally get it! My mom had a miscarriage when I was little and my parents always talked about it with us very openly. I actively remember thinking how sad but special it was that I had a brother in heaven.

23. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

How is everyone feeling?? I've had taco salad for 7 meals since Sunday soooo clearly the cravings have hit!

24. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Running Elley: so tired. It hits me in the afternoon. Like I think all morning, gosh, am I even pregnant? And then lunch hits and I'm scrambling to get them to rest time so I can lay on the couch. And I basically muddle through til bedtime. First day of school for both tomorrow and I laid in bed immediately after getting R to sleep. I figure I'll pack everything in the morning like I do the end of the school year! 😜

25. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

Ugh I feel so awful. I threw up 8 times yesterday and today 3 and it's only 9am 😷
    I had my stats done at the doctor yesterday and I'm holding up so don't need admitting but I feel absolutely dreadful, can barely get off the sofa. Luckily DH is around to cook and do laundry.

Hope everyone else is managing okay!

26. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@Running Elley: The nausea kicked in this week (6 weeks, just like last time). I decided to start the B6/Unisom combo immediately because I watch kids in my house, and I can't be unavailable to them. Also like last time, I feel the worst from ~4:00pm-bedtime. First trimester insomnia is a real bitch for me too.

27. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Running Elley: thread stalking to say hiiiii!!! Congrats!

28. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@travelgirl1: Oh man! Have you been sick like this in the past? 🤢

29. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Just had my dating ultrasound and everything looked great! So relieved that there is (one) healthy baby in there Measuring 1 day ahead and heart beat was good, my updated due date is 4/16!

30. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@travelgirl1: Oh my goodness, that does sound truly awful. You have my sympathies!

@HappyBaker: Yay for a great appointment! Haha were you suspecting maybe there were two in there? That's awesome, though. How long until your next one? I can't remember how far apart the u/s are spaced.

My nausea also hit just after 6w. I feel like I'm managing it better than I did at first, but it lingers all day and only goes away when I'm lying down! Fixing meals for the family has also been really challenging when all I want to eat is cereal or rice!

31. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@ineebee: Ha mostly I was just terrified that #3 would end up being #3 and #4 because we hadn't even considered that possibility until we were pregnant! I'll have the NT scan around 11-12 weeks so only about a month away!

32. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@HappyBaker: That's awesome! You know, I had the same thought about mine - I know all pregnancies are different of course, but the thought came to me suddenly: What if my symptoms are way worse this time because we're having twins?? And of course my thoughts spiraled out from there. Pretty unlikely though because with my history, getting even ONE good egg is hard enough!

33. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@LindsayInNY: yes, with both my healthy pregnancies so I know what I'm in for. You forget how awful it is though.

@ineebee: Thanks!

@HappyBaker: yay for a healthy scan!

34. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

7w6d today, ladies, and after two weeks of the nausea, I feel a cloud has lifted. I feel mostly myself, which is great, BUT...

But of course there's always the worry that it means something bad. I read in my pregnancy apps that the placenta is starting to take on more of the load of hormone production which could mean a reduction in symptoms. Has anyone else experienced this around this time?

35. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@ineebee: I know it's so hard not to worry, but try to enjoy feeling better! Everyone's symptoms vary from person to person, and I would count myself lucky for only feeling ill for two weeks. In my last pregnancy, my nausea kicked in right around 7 weeks and lasted the rest of the first trimester I'm about 5w3d now and am just dreading next weekend in case the timing's the same in this pregnancy. I do remember reading about the placenta taking on a bigger work load and improving symptoms, so I think you're on to something there. Do you have an appointment coming up soon that could put your mind at ease?

36. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

Ugh, I woke up to some spotting this morning (brown so not new blood) but this is about the point when we lost our last pregnancy 😔

37. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Kemma: hugs mama. Thinking of you and hoping for the best 💜💜💜
    How are things now?

38. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@travelgirl1: it settled to just a mushroomy coloured discharged yesterday and seems to be gone today. It sucks because the logical and hopeful part of me knows that the odds are in our favour but the emotional side of me goes straight to the worst case scenario.

39. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Kemma: great update! How are things now? I do know what you mean, it's hard to shake that feeling.

40. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@travelgirl1: back to normal and I've still got sore boobs and am still feeling gross! I seem to avoid the vomiting part of morning sickness but I certainly don't feel flash! How are you doing?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee