Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2018 Moms!

1. ginmar12

pea / 6 posts

@ineebee: I feel way less nauseated and tired this time around, and I was expecting to feel worse! It has made me worried at times, but I try to just enjoy the fact that I'm not constantly nauseated. I'm still sleeping a lot but I no longer have a commute to work so I really think that has helped the tiredness factor. I'm also not hit with the same first trimester insomnia I had last time.
    Wondering if maybe it means this one will be a boy?!
    Like other posters said try not to worry and enjoy feeling good- you never know what the rest of pregnancy will bring!!

2. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

I called my OB's office for Diclegis this morning. I've been taking B6/Unisom, but I'm hoping this turbo-powered prescription version will help me in the evenings in particular. I'm just beat and feel so.gross. by the time about 4 pm rolls around, and we have some big weekend plans coming up that I don't want to be miserable through. I'm incredibly thankful to not be vomiting, but I also need to be able to function! My nurse initially suggest phenergan, but I asked for the Diclegis after hearing how well it has worked for a friend. We're telling the last of our family this weekend, and after that I'm curious to see how long we'll be able to keep this secret. I'm 8 weeks today, and running out of clothes that don't make the announcement on their own...

3. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@HeartAbandoned: I feel like I could have written this post. How much B6/Unisom were you taking? My morning sickness is the worst from about 4:00pm-bedtime. Awful.

4. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@MamaB: I've been taking 25mg B6 and half a Unisom every 6 hours. I usually skipped an overnight dose, because thankfully I have been able to sleep! But otherwise, every 6 hours. The Diclegis regimen I'll start is 2 at bed time for 3 days, and if by day 3 I still need additional relief, I can add in a pill in the morning and one in the afternoon, too.

It's nice to know I'm not alone!

5. summerfruit

olive / 71 posts

How is the weight gain going for everyone? I am a little worried because I have already gained the recommended 4 pounds for the first trimester, and I'm only 8 weeks along. I am very active and exercise every day, and I haven't been eating that much more than usual.

We did go on vacation a few weeks ago, so it's possible some of the weight gain is related to that. But I don't want to gain too much! It's not good for the baby, and I want to hold off on buying more clothes for as long as I can. I hate spending money and buying things!

6. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@summerfruit: In my past pregnancies I've gained weight pretty quickly in the beginning and been really worried but it's ended up evening out later (except for my first where I went completely crazy at the beginning and there was no recovering from that )!

I'm still within a pound of my PP weight but I'm only 6.5 weeks so I'm sure that will change lol. I have noticed that I have less time to think about what to eat and typically just end up eating my normally (fairly well balanced) food even if it sounds horrible just because I have less time with the schedules of my other kids not allowing for much time to slow down.

7. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@summerfruit: i always gain a lot more in the first trimester, but consistently end up at about 25 lbs gained.

8. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@summerfruit: my PP weight was higher than I might have liked, but so far I have held fairly steady, 8 weeks in. My scale at home is consistently 8lbs lower than any doctor's office I've visited, which is irritating, but since it seems consistent, I'm just looking at change. I'm definitely feeling the "I must eat something now or I'll puke" these days, so that number may jump in the next few weeks....

9. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@HeartAbandoned: I had my first midwife visit yesterday and her scales weigh 2kg heavier than mine do! I tend to put my weight on in the late 2nd trimester but I lost weight in the last of Tri of my second pregnancy because i had GD and wasn't eating all the crap I usually do!

10. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

MS has hit this week 😬 I'm lucky in that I don't usually actually throw up but I still feel pretty miserable and have zero motivation to cook for my family.

My sister in law found out this week that she's expecting her first baby so our LOs will only be 2ish weeks apart!

Any appointments coming up?? My first will be next Thursday!

11. summerfruit

olive / 71 posts

My first appt is next Monday. It's estimated to be 1.5 hours, which seems like a lot to me.

12. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@Running Elley: So exciting to have babies so close together!

So far I've had a dating ultrasound at 7 weeks, and I have a nurse appointment this Thursday, my first OB appointment isn't until 12 weeks which seems crazy? I'm wondering if they forgot an 8 week one?

I'm 9 weeks today and the past few days have been 1,000 times more tired than I was before. Hoping its just being too busy and this is not my new normal!

13. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@summerfruit: How did your appointment go?? I would think that 1.5 hours would be pretty long too- what all did they do?

@HappyBaker: That does seem really late for a first appt. My office has never done any set week appointments- they just schedule you once you call saying that you're pregnant for whenever the next available with your doctor is. They do all of the ultrasounds and things in office though. I'll be almost 8 weeks at my appt tomorrow.

I've had a pretty scary week and I'm really nervous about my appt actually. I had some red blood monday night and was spotting brown all day yesterday. I haven't had any spotting today but I don't feel confident about the appt tomorrow at all. My husband is nervous too- he never comes to my appts with me and he scheduled himself to work from home tomorrow afternoon so he can go with me. Trying to stay hopeful! We ended up telling our kids last week and I've already had a talk with my oldest (5) about how sometimes we don't get to meet our babies and told him about my miscarriages before him (in gentle, young child language) but I'm so so hoping that we don't have to crush him tomorrow.

14. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Running Elley: hugs and hoping everything is okay tomorrow

15. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@Running Elley: oh no I'll be keeping you in my thoughts! Hope everything goes ok tomorrow!

16. summerfruit

olive / 71 posts

@Running Elley: Sorry I didn't word that clearly. My appt is actually next week. It will be interesting.

I'm sorry to hear about your update. I hope it all goes ok.

17. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@Running Elley: I'll be thinking about you today. ❤

I've had a miserable couple of days. My parents visited last weekend, and we weren't ready to tell them yet, so I faked feeling good all weekend. It really started to take a roll on me by Sunday. Monday, I was EXHAUSTED and super nauseous. Then yesterday, I started having a bad upset stomach every time I ate. I'd have to spent 20-30 minutes on the toilet any time I ate anything. So, I decided mid-day to stop eating and then the morning sickness got really bad. So, if I eat, I spent half an hour miserable on the toilet... if I don't eat, then I can barely move because I'm so nauseous. It's like the most horrible cycle of events. I'm praying it's just a little bug that passes today because I can't keep up like this. I'm so miserable.

18. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@MamaB: Oh man that sounds miserable, I hope it gets better soon!

I had my nurse appointment this morning (I'm 9 weeks). Basically just blood work, a urine test and a medical history. She confirmed there is no OB visit until 12 weeks, but did say if I am dying of anxiety I can call for an ultrasound in the mean time. I'm thinking I might do that next week because we were planning to tell our kids and parents next weekend. We won't see our parents in person for a while after this so I want to tell but am nervous about doing it without making sure things are still okay! At the same time I feel bad getting an extra ultrasound / wasting their time if everything IS okay. Ugh! I hate the first trimester waiting!

19. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@MamaB: sorry you're feeling so rough, I hope you feel better soon!

@HappyBaker: we don't get ultrasounds here until 12 weeks either so I got a private one to put my mind at rest. Glad your appointment went well!

20. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

We saw a baby!!! A healthy baby with a strong heartbeat! He said that everything looks good- it doesn't look like the spotting affected anything. It's definitely a progesterone issue so my presciption was upped and hopefully that will take care of it. I'm still nervous but thankful for today! 7 weeks 5 days!

21. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@HappyBaker: I would definitely be the person to request the ultrasound, especially before announcing to people. I don't think it's a waste of their time and it would be totally worth it to me for peace of mind!

22. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@MamaB: omg, that sounds absolutely awful. How many weeks along are you again? I read in some of my apps that it gets worst around 9 weeks or so. So maybe this is the worst it's gonna get and then start to level off? Fingers crossed it passes quickly!

@Running Elley: That's great!! What a fantastic report! So glad your appointment lined up so that you didn't have to wait long after your worrisome symptoms.

I also had my first ultrasound today and things are looking good at 10w (almost)! Heartbeat was 175bpm. Wish I'd gotten a printout of the u/s, but with having to wrangle the toddler, it was pretty hard to focus and remember to ask. Oh well! I also got the MaterniT21 screen, so we are finding out the sex (and of course any chromosomal abnormalities) in 10-12 days! Technology!

23. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@HeartAbandoned: How has Diclegis been working out for you? I am about to request it from my doctor as well since the B6/Unisom hasn't been helping my nausea at all She'd mentioned it at my appointment and warned it could be expensive, but I can't take feeling like I have the flu everyday for weeks on end!

24. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@Running Elley: Yay so glad your appointment went well!

@ineebee: Congrats on a good appointment! That's so exciting about the Materni21 results! My office still doesn't offer it to anyone under 35 so I didn't get to do it, but we've decided to be team green for this baby since we have one of each already.

I ordered a home fetal doppler (it was only $30 and has good reviews), so I think my plan is to use that to try to find the heartbeat early next week, and if I can't I'll call and see if I can get the extra ultrasound. I checked for private places around me but most of them want you to be more than 12 weeks to see them.

25. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

It's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling anxious. Our first appointment at 6w6d was great, but I don't go back until October 10th, and that feels like ages away.

@nanilani: the Diclegis has been great! It can definitely be expensive--I have a friend on an HSA plan and it was going to cost her $340 for a month. I just switched to a PPO plan, and for me me it's just a $40 copay/month. My friend's doctor has agreed to keep her stocked with samples, though! I can definitely tell a difference with it, though when I feel well I worry more 🙄 But it's been good! Maybe see if they can get you some samples to start with? Good luck!

26. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@HeartAbandoned: Good to hear! My mind wonders how it could be worth that much more than B6/Unisom since it's made of the same stuff, but I keep reading that everyone who's tried it has gotten better results. It's nice to hear it from someone I "know" too The pricing calculator on my Rx insurance site suggests it should only cost me $40/month subject to coverage review (whatever that means, maybe I should call them). That seems worth it to be feeling better! Of course when I called my OB yesterday I was told someone would call be back in a few hours and they never did, so now I have to wait until Monday

27. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

I sent my OB an email this morning and they are letting me come in for an ultrasound this afternoon! Fingers crossed everything is still good, I will be SO relieved if yes!

28. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Update - everything looked great! The US tech also seemed like giving a "peace of mind" ultrasound was pretty normal in the in between time from the first appointment and 12 week one. Baby measured 2 days ahead and heart beat was great! Which is awesome because then when I got home my doppler had arrived and I could not find crap with it!

29. summerfruit

olive / 71 posts

I had my first appt today, and it was fine! I thought it would only be minimally helpful since I have a pretty good knowledge base given my work in healthcare, but it was fun, and I like my OB. Overall, the first trimester hasn't been too bad, and for that, I am very grateful.

30. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

i have my first appt tomorrow. i'm nervous! we're starting care with a local recommended OB and see how we feel after talking to him. everyone says "he's the best" but he has a poor bedside manner and i just don't have time for that. luckily DH can come with me and we can get a feel for him together. praying everything is okay. i'll be 9 weeks.

something fun is that i found out 2 different bridesmaids and former roommates of mine are also pregnant! both their first. and another bridesmaid of mine is 8 months pregnant and another former roomie is a couple months ahead of me too! so that's 5 great college friends all pregnant right now!

31. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

I had my dating ultrasound yesterday and measured 8 weeks exactly, putting my due date at April 30. The nurse said my docs may still keep my official date at 4/26 (LMP), but I'm going to stick to the measured date mentally.

Still haven't gotten the Diclegis yet. The pharmacy had to send a preauthorization form back to my OB to send to the insurance company. So much red tape! I guess I don't understand how an authorization form from my OB should be any different from a Rx written by the same person. I've been feeling a little better since last week, so I'm wondering if I'll even need it by the time it hopefully get's approved. Gotta love the American healthcare system </sarcasm>.

32. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@HappyBaker: So glad you got to go in for an u/s and that things looked good! I'm tempted to call my OB and ask for the same. It doesn't need to be a long appointment! Just a quick peek before the whole world starts asking about this bump!

@summerfruit: So thankful for a good appointment!

@birdofafeather: How was your appointment? The year I had DS, I had 7 other friends who had babies, too! It was a big year! I know of quite a few others who are pregnant now, too, though none from my "inner circle" like last time.

@nanilani: I had a hard time getting all the paperwork figured out for the Diclegis, too. The nurse at my OB's office was able to submit the authorization form online and it was approved within minutes, thankfully. Then my pharmacy had to order the meds because they didn't have it in stock. In the end it's been worth it, as it's been so helpful!

33. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@HeartAbandoned: pretty uneventful actually. I've always had a transvaginal U/S by this time with my other two so I expected the same. To have a date and/or hear or see the HB. But no U/S and no Doppler bc doc said it was too early! I was surprised. So don't really feel any more or less pregnant than yesterday but I guess since he knows what's up, he would have don't something if he felt like something was off? He did an internal exam and swab. Won't go back for 4 weeks and I'll be 13 weeks at that point! Was going to tell our families and kiddos assuming we got some kind of US or heard HB. But now DH and I are kinda like, huh...

I might buy a fetal Doppler, which I've never felt the need/desire to do before. Anyone have one they like?

And yes, with my first, there were 5 of us HS BFFs that had babies in the same year. It's super fun to get together as I see them often!

34. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Yay for all the great appointments in the past couple of days!

We are telling our kids and my parents this weekend, I am SO excited! I can't wait for my kids' reaction, they've been wanting a baby for a really long time!

@birdofafeather: I just bought this one - it came in quick and was only $30 so you can't beat that! I'm 10 weeks and couldn't find anything though, but I'm not super patient / didn't really know where I was looking! I'm going to try again next week.
    http://www.fetaldoppler.net/sonoline-b-pink.html

35. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@HappyBaker: I'm so tempted by the fetal Doppler, but I'm afraid it would only add to my neurosis!

36. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

Just got my MaterniT21 results back (after only 7 days!) and found out I'm having a girl!! LO1 is a boy, so this is definitely what I was hoping for! I would definitely have also been happy with a boy (brothers! So cute!), but...yeah, I'm very happy with having a girl! Yay!

37. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@ineebee: Yay and congrats! No gender preference here either, but I can't wait to find out what I'm having! I have to wait until my anatomy scan though

38. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@ineebee: Congrats, that is SO exciting! We have one of each and their bond is so fun and amazing!

39. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@nanilani: Thanks! And ugh so long to wait! So much about pregnancy is just a test of patience!

@HappyBaker: Thank you!! So good to hear about your girl & boy! I have a brother and we hated each other until high school, and now we're best friends. So glad to have a brother. I hope baby girl feels the same- eventually!

40. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

I know a lot of us were struggling with nausea, exhaustion and other first tri symptoms- how's everyone doing these days?

My nausea comes and goes, and some days are still crazy hard. Exhaustion is getting a little better, but I've also cut down on my coffee since getting the +, so it could just be my body finally adjusting.:P

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee