Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2018 POAS

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@afc061018: depending on how sure my husband feels about a cycle effects how much he asks me about my temps and symptoms and if I have tested. I love it when he's interested, but then I feel horrible when it doesn't pan out the months that he's "feeling" it.

@Ginaandcorey: ahhh, ok! I am on it for plenty of eggs but crappy quality. My son was conceived on a slipsies miscounted my cycle and said go for it when I shouldn't have. Natural family planning/pull and pray worked for 3 1/2 years... until it didn't so this taking a long time thing is making my mild neurosis shine a little more than usual.

2. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@Sams Mom: I hear you. We have done pull and pray for 7 years now. One time we tried, it worked. Why isn't it working yet this time...? (oh right, old eggs)

3. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

Day 14. Still no surge. Bding every other day forever...

4. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

I've had an utterly weird day. Had a bad reaction to my acupuncture, I was dehydrated and so they think it just moved stuff around in my body really abruptly, which caused a panic attack. So much fun. No more acupuncture for me 😭. I'm super sad because until today it was incredibly relaxing. But I'm still having less bad episodes 5 hours later so I'm just not willing to chance doing it again

5. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@MamaBear87: oh no! Have you had panic attacks before? How are you feeling now? I'm so sorry.

6. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@MamaBear87: Oh no! I'm so sorry you've experienced this. I've never done acupuncture, but I can relate to how crappy it is to lose something that you've previously enjoyed. I hope today brings you some relief from the episodes.

7. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: i have but not in quite some time and never just out of the blue so that was quite different. I'm still feeling weird and unsettled but better than yesterday

@afc061018: thanks. Me too! Thankfully my husband can work from home so I think he's not going into the office today to hopefully make me feel more comfortable

8. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: Oh no! I'm so sorry this happened. Sending lot of hugs your way.

9. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Ginaandcorey: Ugh, I'm with you, I'm on 5 of "high" fertility readings. My original plan was going to start BD everyday when I got my first "high" reading but I'm so glad I reconsidered that when the first one came so early in my cycle, EOD is enough lol. Fingers crossed for a surge soon!

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: That's terrible! I'm sorry you had that kind of reaction!

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Ginaandcorey: O man, hopefully you get that surge soon! I have a few more days left before we even get close to fertile week. Good luck!

12. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: @Ginaandcorey: on the upside you didn't have freaky panic attacks the day before o is supposed to happen 😂😂 I have a feeling my cycle could be all sorts of messed up this month now. It was a good break from feeling like I had to have sex though

13. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: thanks. I seem to always manage to be the one that gets weird reactions so at this point it doesn't surprise me

14. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. I hope you recover quickly!

15. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@MamaBear87: there is always an up side!!

So, question because I don't really pay attention to these things, I just come on here for my knowledge. If ovulation is later than normal, does that push the cycle longer (ie: you'll still have 2 full weeks of waiting after o finally occurs?) So, my original poas date was 4/2 but now it'll be closer to 4/4 or 4/5 -if I O anytime soon....?

16. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: yes. Your follicular phase can vary, first half of your cycle, but your luteal phase, second half, will always be within a day or 2 of its usual length

17. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@MamaBear87: thanks .

18. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Ginaandcorey: Any luck?

I'm on cd 15, 6th day of "high" fertility, 4th day of ewcm, still no surge. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised, last cycle was a fluke with a surge on day 14, prior to that I didn't usually get a positive opk until cd 16, but I also didn't get ewcm this early those cycles so who knows what my body is doing...

Ps. Did we scare off the newbies? I think we're all at least 3+ so far this month. Don't be afraid to join, I promise we don't bite and we've already googled basically everything you can google about ttc at least 3x so you don't have to!!!

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: I was wondering that same thing I guess maybe no one started trying this month or you're correct we're scary 😂

Apparently it's an everyone is ovulating late month. I'm missing Tuesday night because the thought of wearing ava freaked me out but last night was same temp as Monday so I guess I didn't o yet (cd15 over here, cd14 has been usual last 2 months). Hopefully we can bd tonight, I'm still a little freaked about raising my heart rate though as that's how both the panic attacks began.

20. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@BadgerMom: YAS - I got a last night on CD15. So late for me!! Are you BDing every other day? It's so exhausting!

I was thinking about the lack of people in the TTC posts. I can only hope we all get pregnant at the same time so we have *some* activity in our due date boards!

@MamaBear87: maybe you can make DH do a lot of work on his own and then....just involve you towards the end... Haha!

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

my temps are all sorts of wonky for my follicular phase, so I have no idea whats going on. Since I have a thyroid disorder my coverline is usually in the neighborhood of high 96 to low 97. I think this months is going to be somewhere in the very high 97 to 98. I don't know if that means anything, but its not the usual... ugh

22. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Ginaandcorey:@BadgerMom: I was thinking the same thing! Hopefully we all do get our BFP's together!

@Ginaandcorey: Glad you finally got a peak!

@Sams Mom: My temps have been all over the place! I don't know if it's due to my first month with AVA but no rhyme or reason with them. Maybe its the Meds??

23. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: I hope you're feeling better today!

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: Maybe, I am taking them before bed this month instead of in the morning...? If this one doesn't work I'm going to try to make sure to see my dr before CD 5 so I can take them in the morning again. Holy hotflashes batman!

25. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

So i've been having a couple questions and I'm not sure who to ask. One is VERY TMI though.

1st question is how do you all feel about a dentist visit during the TWW? I have a feeling I will need some work done since my wisdom tooth chipped last week and I've heard you're not supposed to go when you're pregnant. Thoughts?

2nd question TMI (and sorry but I don't know who to ask) I've heard somewhere over the years that if you have an orgasm after he does it makes a vacuum effect for the sperm, but what about if you always orgasm before him? does that become a hindrance for the sperm? Should I try and prevent that while TTC?

Again so sorry and embarrassed!

26. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: That may be why they're higher, I seem to get the worst hot flashes at night. Pretty sure I slept without a blanket all night last night. Can they give you more than one dose at a time or go in right when you start AF? My Dr gave me a couple months worth and told me to see him in 3 cycles if nothing.

27. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

28. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

29. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Sorry, computer glitched and I had duplicate posts.

30. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: lol perhaps. Hopefully my serotonin will rebound more today and it won't be an issue.

@Sams Mom: i would guess taking your clomid at a different time of day could certainly be affecting your temps.

@MrsMom: im starting to feel better. 2 panic attacks in 5 hours just burned all my body functioning hormones, serotonin, cortisol and the like. So it's just a waiting game for them to rebound. But I am feeling much more normal today!

The only thing you should avoid dentist wise is x-rays. Just let them know you're trying and could be pregnant. Shouldn't be an issue

I wonder about the orgasm thing too. My hubby is obsessed with me coming first. But I know with my first we didn't worry about any of that and I came a lot and we got pregnant first try so I don't think it's actually a hindrance

31. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: Question 1: You can go to the dentist while pregnant, you're just not allowed some of the shots or anesthetic or x-rays if I remember correctly. My doctor gave me a "permission slip" for the dentist that said what I could and couldn't have because some dentists wont see a pregnant lady without a note or something. (bit hazy its been a few years)

Question #2: First don't be embarrassed, TMI while intricately discussing TTC isn't really a thing. I don't think you need to avoid orgasm at a certain time because it will prevent pregnancy. I usually do before my husband and I have one tiny human out of it, so I think you'll be ok.

I have to go see him every month before I start clomid again so he can make sure I don't have any cysts hanging out on my ovaries from the last round. The reason I didn't make it in until CD 5 this month was because I started on a Thursday and he was out of the office that week, his Nurse Practitioner was only there on Thursday and off on Friday. I've never met her and honestly I don't like change so I held out until Monday when he could work me in after surgery in the morning. So hopefully I'll be safe since he probably won't take another vacation in the next month or so.

32. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MrsMom: I agree with @MamaBear87: and @Sams Mom: on both accounts

I have read that having an orgasm after DH can "help" move sperm, but I haven't seen anything about having an orgasm first hindering things. I pretty much always come first and didn't have any trouble conceiving the first time.

33. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: Glad you're starting to feel a little better. It sounds very exhausting!
    My husband is the same way about me coming first so that's why I was concerned LOL. I never gave it much thought the first time around.

@MamaBear87: @Sams Mom: @BadgerMom: Thank you so much for all your input! I'm so glad I can come here and talk these things out without someone thinking I'm crazy!

I think I'll go ahead and do my dentist appointment since I would like to get this done before I'm actually pregnant anyway. I'll just let them know I could be pregnant.

As for the other I guess I'll try to relax about that and keep it as it is. I mean plenty of people get pregnant and I'm sure this thought hadn't even crossed their mind LOL.

34. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: That makes sense about getting checked for Cysts. Hopefully you can get in earlier next time, but of course I'm hoping you wont have a next time! I've had some cysts in that past but I can usually tell if I have one. My DH works at the same hospital as my Dr and they see each other all the time, I guess he just assumes we'll let him know if anything is wrong.

35. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@MrsMom: no worries with that question, I am curious myself about orgasms and how they affect/don't affect getting those boys up there.

Regarding X-Rays - go ahead and get them, get everything done you can before you get pregnant. I made the mistake of waiting for a root canal and had to get it early on after my daughter's birth. It took so long, my boobs started leaking.... Just tell the dentist you may be pregnant and make sure you tell the technician and they will double you up with layers of protection.

@MamaBear87: I really hope you're on the up after the panic attacks. They can be so scary.

36. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Ginaandcorey: Thank you for the advice! Its all very confusing while TTC! Yes I want to get the dentist stuff done ASAP. I had my Lower wisdom teeth removed when I was a teenager and they said my top were so high up they would probably never come in. Years later while I'm pregnant with my son my top wisdom teeth decided to start coming in. It was horrible because they couldn't do anything since I was already well into my 2nd trimester. Teething is the worst while pregnant FYI LOL. So I definitely want to get this done now since I think they'll recommend taking them out.

37. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

The most fascinating conversations are always on the TTC boards!

Took my very first dose of Femara this a.m. U/s is scheduled for 3/30 to check out how my follicles are cooking and set a trigger date. Let's go, Modern Medicine! Do your thing!

38. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@afc061018: good luck!!

39. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@afc061018: That's so exciting! I'm sure it feels like time is moving so slow, I know it is for me!

40. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@MrsMom: gosh yes. I'm so anxious to just be at the u/s and have them tell me the meds have worked. Oh and to teach me how to inject myself. I've never done that and have no familiarity with needles. While I know I can psych myself up for it (I mean, I have to, so), I'm still nervous about it.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee