Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 - Postpartum Chat

1. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@.twist.: love the pictures, it looks like an awesome birthday!
    @Mrs. Oatmeal: I remember you and I were in labour at the same time but I managed to squeeze out L a day before you. Sorry your labour was so long. I enjoyed reading your birth blog!
    @Grace: L has never walked holding our hands. She totally refuses and won't put any weight on her legs. She can walk around on the furniture no prob but otherwise is very tentative!

We have some big news! We bought our forever home yesterday. We have been looking forever in our neighborhood and finally one came up that we loved. We are so happy they accepted our offer! We close Aug 29th so now we have to get our place up for sale. Here's a picture of our new home! Lots of room for more babies

2. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@delight: Oh it's so pretty!! I love the brick look, but it's not popular here. Congratulations!

3. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Grace: thanks! We live in an old neighborhood and it's 95% brick houses!

4. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@delight: OMG! That house is insanely beautiful!

@alivoo01: HAPPY BIRTHDAY C (yesterday!) Where the pictures at?? I saw some of FB and they were adooooooorable.

Guys... I have a slightly serious/hilarious/embarrassing confession to make...

I have mastitis.... but I weaned L 2 months ago.... I think I qualify to be on that tv show "sex brought me to the er". laugh, cry, judge. it's ok. just know it can happen. LOL.

5. HTownMom

kiwi / 558 posts

So I'm pretty new here, but wanted to share! We had C's birthday on Saturday and it turned out amazing! Even though her actual birthday is two weeks away, we had the party this weekend so certain friends could attend! About 20 adults and 7 kids! We did Carolina pulled Pork mini slider bar and fruit kabobs! A friend and I made all the cupcakes and her mini cake!

Here are some pics! Okay I might have gotten carried away with the pics, sorry!

6. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@HTownMom: welcome to HB and welcome to our august group! Your family is beautiful and your little girl is so precious. I looooove your cake.

7. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@delight: That house is beautiful! I love the style!
    @HTownMom: What a great party! Little C is adorable!
    @.twist.: Owww! So sorry you've got mastitis! Yikes!

I've been ordering/making stuff for K's birthday party, but I don't actually want it to come...because the sooner it comes, the sooner I have to go back to work. How did you ladies manage going back - I am a complete wreck and I still have 2 weeks left at home.

8. HTownMom

kiwi / 558 posts

@.twist.: thanks! I've been lurking on HB since about September of last year and I've basically got all my party ideas from this site! So glad you like the cake, it was my first attempt and turned out well!

@Mrs. Oatmeal: thanks so much! She's our little piglet!

9. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: Sooooooo, unless you did something incredibly kinky, why the embarrassment? It's just an infection. I hope you feel better soon. Kinda sucky to make it all the way through bf just to get it afterwards.

@HTownMom: Welcome! Your party looks like it was fun!

@Mrs. Oatmeal: I kinda focused on work. I was eager to get back and see what had changed and what I'd be working on. I tried to ignore the fact that I wouldn't be seeing LO all day every day. And up until the last couple of days my strategy worked. But, I'm also one who is happy to be apart from LO for a bit. I find that it makes the time I have with her to be more meaningful - it's become quality time. So I enjoy her much more.

10. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@delight: Congrats! What a beautiful house!!
    @.twist.: your poor titties! The amount of times you've had mastitis and thrush! I feel for ya!
    @HTownMom: Awesome pictures! Looks like a beautiful party! Welcome to the group!
    @Mrs. Oatmeal: I hear you on being a wreck about work I go back next Monday. I'm so upset about it. I so wish I could just put her in her carrier and bring her to work with me haha. 7 days tomorrow, ugh!

11. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@skipper2010: We just did our cake smash the other night. Excited to see how they turn out, as it wasn't so much "smash" as "delicately pick at the icing".

@Grace: I skipped maternity photos too, so felt "justified" doing a one year shoot

12. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@delight: Holy cow, that's gorgeous!

@.twist.: I didn't even know that was possible... but I'm so confused how it's a sex issue??

@HTownMom: NEVER too many pics. So cute!

@Mrs. Oatmeal: So crazy hey?? I can't believe I've been off almost a year. I'm kind of looking forward to going back to work because I do really like my job, but I just feel like my goals here were not accomplished (I'm not in amazing shape and I have yet to visit a single farmer's market...), and a few conversations with SAHMs about "not having kids to let somebody else raise them" is making me really second guess the whole situation and wish I could stay home longer. We didn't really have any family here for the first 11 months, and since I was nursing LO and I were pretty attached at the hip. I'll spend more hours away from her in my first two weeks back at work than I have CUMULATIVELY this year.

13. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@.twist.: @Sapphiresun: @MrsB2012: @Mrs. Oatmeal: thanks ladies! Now I'm sad about leaving my current house and a little stressed about getting it on the market. I'm excited for the new place though.

@HTownMom: welcome, thanks for joining our group! That party looks fantastic, you did a great job!!

@.twist.: ugh mastitis again? You've been through the ringer. Hope it all clears up soon!

@MrsB2012: @Sapphiresun: @Mrs. Oatmeal: it's pretty awesome that so many ladies in our group had a year, we are really fortunate! I ended up sharing part of my year with DH since we had the summer off anyways so I did go back for 14 weeks in March-June. It honestly wasn't bad at all. It is a big adjustment leaving LO, but so awesome at the end of the day when you get to see them. Enjoy what time you have left at home, but I bet you'll enjoy the adult company at work too! Good luck to you all!!

14. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@delight: new house looks so pretty! Happy for you that you found your forever home

@HTownMom: welcome, and your party is so adorable! We have a similar plate for E. I may have to steal your paper-straws-as-decorations-for-the-cake idea

@Mrs. Oatmeal: being in the US it seems so weird to me to not have already been back to work for months and months, so I'm no help . I looked forward to having structure to my day again, and having adult interaction.

So, we moved this past weekend. Final walkthrough is this Sunday at our old house, so we need to get some lingering stuff (mostly closets, and the freezer) moved out and then I'll spend Saturday cleaning the heck out of it. There are boxes EVERYWHERE in the new house, all the stuff that's slated to go to the basement can't yet because of the stuff down there that has to be gone through, so our living room currently has two couches in it. Just tons of disarray and I'm stressed out and exhausted.

On the plus side, E's room is mostly done (except for decorations). There's so much more floor space for her to play in, plus a big storage area where I'm chucking all her baby stuff I don't want to get rid of yet ;).

15. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Oh, and DH found this for E at a yard sale this weekend. $30!

16. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@delight: OMG that house is gorgeous!!!

@.twist.: Can't stop laughing @ you having mastitis. Sorry, I know you're in pain. But still kinda funny! I am going to attempt to do some bunting for M's cake like you did for L's...wish me luck because I will definitely need it!

@HTownMom: Hi!!! C's party looks like it was so much fun!! Love all the decorations. We need to get the girls together soon

@Mrs. Oatmeal: The anticipation is way worse than actually going back...promise!

M's party is in a couple of weeks. I've been so nostalgic lately. Last night I put together a slideshow for her party (it'll play on the tv throughout the party) and it was so fun looking back through all of her pics. I got teary eyed a few times because I just can't believe how quickly the past year has gone by.

M's been only waking once during the night (around 3:30/4) for over a week now. I know most of you have LOs that have been STTN for a long time, but this is actually great progress for us! 9 more days until I'm done pumping at work forever!!

17. Mrs. Oatmeal

@StrawberryBee: so fun! That house will be perfect for her...for years! Glad you're starting to get settled in the new house. @delight: yes, so fortunate. I feel like such a bitch even whining about going back, because I had so long.
    @lawbee11: hooray for only one wakeup! We're down to one as well, usually, and it's awesome! She STTN once or twice, but that's a fluke. And yayyyy for being done pumping! Good for you for keeping it up so long!!

I made a chalkboard poster for K's party, and I am going to put her month photos on a poster board. Can you believe our babies were ever so tiny??

18. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@HTownMom: It turned out fantastic!

@Grace: haha well, I don't know if kinky is the right word, but it was DH who caused it! I guess I'm just embarrassed about it because I didn't think that was possible so long after stopping BFing.

@MrsB2012: @delight: Thanks ladies.

@Sapphiresun: haha well, DH and I were messing around. It was an attempt at a bad joke.

@lawbee11: LOL. thank god I ended up with a female doctor.

@StrawberryBee: Only a little more and you will be stress free! Hang in there!

19. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@lawbee11: Also, congrats on your 1 year BFing anniversary! I wonder if M will sttn once you guys wean?

20. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@delight: Congratulations. Our new house is also brick, the whole neighborhood is.

@HTownMom: That looks like fun.

@Mrs. Oatmeal: The anticipation of going back to work is the worst part. Although I have been back at work 10 months, the anticipation was awful.

21. HTownMom

kiwi / 558 posts

@Grace: @MrsB2012: @Sapphiresun: @delight: @.twist.: @mdf106: thanks so much everyone!! Glad to be part of the group!

@StrawberryBee: It is totally a set that I bought since I'm definitely not organized enough or creative enough to so anything DIY! Here is the link Party Partners Design Mini Cake Decor Kit, Make a Wish by Party Partners Design http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HZHU768/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_cAtZtb1Q2C8P1
    Also I love that play house! So cute!

@lawbee11: thank so much! I would love to get the girls together! Can't wait to see how much M has grown! Also, C still wakes up 2-3 times a night to feed, so totally jealous of your STTN week!! Good job! How is she eating purées and whole foods? C is still not taking in that much during meals, but we just keep trying!

22. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@.twist.: Who knows....I'm not going to get my hopes up because I don't want to be disappointed. But hopefully she'll sleep all the way through one night soon and see how awesome it is!

@HTownMom: She's great about eating purees, but table foods are still a no go. She just started being able to eat yogurt melts without puking. It's very frustrating. But, the silver lining is that she's a pro with the purees so meal times are quick and not at all messy!

23. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@delight: Such a pretty house!!! Congrats on your forever home!!!

@HTownMom: Welcome!!!! What a pretty party!! Love all your decor!!

@.twist.: Thanks girl!! I'll post some pics here in a bit.

@lawbee11: C's sleep seems to have improved since weaning, but he still doesn't fully STTN, but like you, I'm overly joyed at any improvement. hahaha. It can only get better for us! Now if I can get him to sleep in his own bed also that would be faaaabulous. Too much to ask along with STTN???

24. Alivoo01

Here are some pictures from C's 1st birthday. The theme was Safari but the cheap Go Diego Go backdrop for our photobooth worked well. Ha! We also had a real snow ball fight and had snow cones afterwards. I got C a smash cake but he didn't want to smash it at all. He kept reaching out and hovering over it like he wanted to, but didn't. We even "helped" him by sticking in his hand in it hoping he'd get the hint, but all he did was eat the icing off his hands and was over it. Boo!

25. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Alivoo01: OMG! You went all out. That looks amazing! How did the snow balls go? Also, you have one of the cutest kids eva.

26. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Sapphiresun: Hahaha! I like how those were your goals. Look amazing (super hard goal) and go to farmer's market (fairly easy). I didn't reach either of those goals either.

@StrawberryBee: It must feel good to be done packing! Congrats!

@lawbee11: Isn't the one wakeup heavenly?!?! P has been doing that more often than not lately. I love it. It's hard to imagine that one day she'll sleep through the night though.

@Mrs. Oatmeal: I really can't believe they were so small. I look at pics where she's all snuggled up under my chin and her feet didn't even touch my belly button. Now she can stand and hold on to me past my knees!

@.twist.: Meh, it's just an infection.

27. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@StrawberryBee: Yay congrats on the move!

@lawbee11: Wow! I know what a big deal that is. Natalie still wakes up usually twice at night, but two days last week she slept through! I woke up a brand new woman. Unfortunately we're back to the usual though this week. I'm obsessed with cracking the code of what I'm doing on the days she sleeps better, but I'm pretty sure it's just flukey.

@Alivoo01: That looks awesome! I totally just saved the image of your chalkboard since I've been working on one too

@Grace: Haha, I had a few goals, but I obviously didn't get how time consuming a baby would actually be. I for sure was going to create amazing meals every day from organic produce purchased at the farmer's market on the regular though. Yeah... nope. Two naps a day that MUST BE IN MY CRIB, but I'm going to fight you for hours anyway all spring/summer totally cramped my style.

28. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Sapphiresun: Oh gosh, I hate fighting for naps. Another nice thing about going back to work - I don't have to deal with the majority of the naps. Bliss!

29. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@Grace: I was actually laughing to DH the other day that N pretty consistently poops around 10:30-11am. So, I in all likelihood will only change poop diapers on the weekend!

30. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Alivoo01: what a wonderful birthday party! Looks like C had a blast!
    @lawbee11: sounds like M is sleeping much better! That's awesome! Sorry you're still stuck on the purees, but solids will come in time!!
    @StrawberryBee: congrats on the move! I know how stressful it can be, and I'm not looking forward to it. Enjoy your new home!
    @Alivoo01: @lawbee11: @StrawberryBee: thanks for the good wishes on our new home! I wish I could have all the August mamas over for a BBQ in the fall. That'd be so awesome!
    @Grace: I get sad when I look at pictures from the early days. Sometimes I pull out her NB sized jammies but then I just want to cry! I can't wait to have another little baby!

A few more weeks and we will all have one year olds!

31. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Sapphiresun: Oh ho, don't be too sure! P used to poop 10:30-11, but now she saves them for me! Like clockwork around 5:30.

32. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Alivoo01: what a great looking party! That looks like it was awesome!

We had our 1 year checkup today. They are concerned about her weight, she's dropped off even more lately. She's 17 pounds 5 ounces, but she doesn't look underweight at all. She also eats a ton so I'm not sure what else to do. My mom said we were all very small under we got over a year, so maybe it's just a genetic thing. We have to go back in a month and if she's not gaining then they will look at her thyroid and maybe send her to a paediatrician. Aside from that all was good 6 more days until her birthday

33. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Alivoo01: I totally missed your post! I wonder if I was posting at the same time. Anyways, the party looks fabulous! Well done!

@MrsB2012: Doctors must not be too concerned if they are waiting to check on things? Maybe it is genetic, like you said.

34. HTownMom

kiwi / 558 posts

@Alivoo01: what a great party! Love the mustache photo! So cute!

35. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@Grace: How thoughtful of her...

@MrsB2012: Babies come in all shapes and sizes. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about!

36. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@MrsB2012: Charlie is a slow gainer, she goes between 15 and 16lbs regularly. I know it's stressful, hang in there

37. Mrs. Oatmeal

@MrsB2012: doesn't sound like the doctor is too worried! I bet she's just a little peanut- don't stress! I'm sure she's happy and healthy!
    @delight: I'm in Kitchener today...I'll be there for a BBQ shortly

38. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@.twist.: Hahaha you should submit an audition tape for that show! Your poor boobies! Feel better soon.

@lawbee11: Aww I've been really nostalgic lately too. I keep thinking "this time last year I was..." and it usually ends with waddling around with swollen feet. Haha. I honestly can't believe my baby will be ONE in just a few days! I keep picking him up and snuggling him and calling him my baby because pretty soon he won't be a baby anymore. Waaaah!!

@Alivoo01: Damn girl everything about that party looks absolutely amazing!!! Love it!! Nice job!

@delight: I agree with everyone else. Such a cute house! Congrats!

39. Alivoo01

@.twist.: The snowballs went great!! The kids had a great time with it and my cousin and his friends were great sports letting the kids use them as targets. haha

@Sapphiresun: @delight: @MrsB2012: @Grace: @HTownMom: @skipper2010: Thanks ladies!

@delight: A BBQ at your place sounds awesome!!!! Be awesome for all us mamas finally meet and all our kids could play together!

@MrsB2012: I agree since they're just keeping an eye on it, it's nothing they're too worried about. I know being a mom it's hard not to worry all the time though. C had his 1 year appt yesterday and he's still barely hanging on in the charts at 4 percentile, but he's healthy and thriving. Just small! He's at the 46 percentile in correlation for this weight and height so I'm happy about that. I just hope he hits his growth spurt later on and will be a tall, tall boy!

40. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Alivoo01: That looks fabulous.

@Sapphiresun: My LO likes to poop in the evening on weekdays, but during the day on weekends for extra fun.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee