Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Labor & Deliveries!

1. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@getjazzy: congratulations! So happy for you

@Ms. RV: Love your story! Thank you for sharing!

2. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@getjazzy: Congratulations!!

3. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@OhCaptain: I love the name! Congrats!
    @Ms. RV: congrats!!
    @getjazzy: congrats! Sounds like a peaceful delivery.

Glad everyone is healthy & doing well!!

4. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@getjazzy: Yay, I'm so happy you got to meet your baby today!

5. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@getjazzy: Congrats, mama!! Scheduled c-sections aren't so bad, right? I actually thought mine was kinda relaxing (if I ignored what was happening on the other side of the sheet haha). Can't wait to hear more!

6. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@lilteacherbee: Totally was almost relaxing once the spinal was done! Not bad at all.

Thank the everyone for the well wishes!! We are all doing great, she's breastfeeding like a champ and has barely lost any weight as a result. I'm feeling good too. We decided and her name is Sophie

7. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@getjazzy: Oh love the name Sophie Congrats!!!

8. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@getjazzy: Love the name!

9. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: beautiful name!!

10. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

Nathan Lee arrived at 3:36am this morning (8/14)! A pretty crazy story which I will post later- for now, suffice to say I had an unplanned med-free birth! We are all exhausted but happy

11. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@abmamma: yay!!! Your due date right? Congratulations mama, couldn't be happier for you!

12. Mrs. Chocolate

blogger / nectarine / 2600 posts

Congrats love seeing all the names!

13. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@abmamma: Congratulations!!

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@abmamma: @getjazzy: congrats!!!

Ps KJpugs had Izzie!!!

15. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. J: Oh good!! Any stats on her? Tell her congrats.

16. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@abmamma: Congratulations!

17. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Ms. RV: @getjazzy: @abmamma: Congrats, ladies! Lots of beautiful babies!!!

18. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@abmamma: congrats!

19. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@abmamma: hooray!!! congrats so happy for you!

20. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@getjazzy: they induced her for the GI issues and she was born last night. 5 hours from start to finish! She was 19 3/4 in long and 6lbs 14oz. They're doing great and now they can figure out what's been going on with her.

21. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. J: please send KJpugs love and congratulations on Miss Izzie! I hope they figure out her GI stuff soon!

@abmamma: good job mama! Can't wait to read your story!

22. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@abmamma: congrats!

23. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

Hi Ladies,

I posted a general thread, but didn't update here. I had my LO on August 6th. Her name is Amara James and she arrived super quickly and weighed 7 lbs, 7 oz and was 2 inches long.

Short version: I went to work Thursday morning after 8 days of prodromal labor. Arrived around 8 am and sometime around 10 am I realized the small contractions I'd been having for over a week were becoming super regular and more painful. I wasn't sure if they were "real" or not, and I was only working till noon, so I thought i'd wait a couple of hours and see if they continued.

Except by 10:30, I was pretty sure they were "real", and since I live almost an hour from work, I called my husband and he convinced me to go home. Which was a GOOD THING, because I left at 10:45 and just 15-20 minutes into my drive, my contractions became so painful I was having to concentrate on breathing through them. I considered pulling over during contractions, they were so bad but then decided I'd rather just get home and gather my hospital bags.

By the time I got home a little after 11:45 or so, I could hardly walk up the stairs. I got inside and started gathering my bags, but soon gave up on that and just laid on the exercise ball and tried to breathe through contractions while ordering my mom around while she gathered my stuff. I was trying to wait on my husband to get home from work, but my mom started timing my contractions and they were only 2.5 minutes apart and STRONG, so we decided to head to the hospital. Luckily, as we were walking to the car, DH ran up and jumped in the car with us.

The hospital is only .8 of a mile from our house but there was traffic and I couldn't sit in the car at all--I was in the back on my hands and knees, basically freaking out from the pain. It was VERY intense by this point.

We arrived at the hospital at 12:35 pm. We spent 10 minutes at the ER check in desk, where they kept trying to make me sit down in a wheelchair while they got my insurance information and stuff, and I kept refusing because I was already feeling pushing pressure. I just remember thinking that there was no way I could sit.

They finally got me upstairs to a triage room and asked me to put on a hospital gown and pee in a cup--I was so out of it by this point with back-to-back contractions that I threw the cup on the floor and told them I couldn't pee, I was having a baby. They told me to lay on the bed and we'd wait for my OB to arrive, and I ordered them to find a doctor--ANY DOCTOR--and get them to come check me.

They got the OB on call who came and told me I was fully dilated and ready to push (yeah, no shit!). I asked for an epidural (ha ha.) and he said there was no time...there wasn't even time to get an L &D room ready. They wheeled me next door to an OR and I started pushing. Three pushes and her head was out---it was SUCH relief (there was screaming involved) and on the 4th push she was totally out.

I barely had time to process it. I kept saying "I can't believe she's here", over and over. And I cried.

She was born at 12:56 pm, just about 20 minutes after we arrived at the hospital. 2nd degree tears, since she came so fast.

We've been home over a week now and are doing well! Baby has her days and nights mixed up, and our toddler is up during the day, so we are totally exhausted but loving our little ones.

24. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Anagram: and i thought mine was fast! Congrats!!!

25. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

At the hospital being monitored. Waves have been 2.5-3 mins apart since they started at 1am.

26. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@buttermilk: good luck! Fingers crossed for some progress

27. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@buttermilk: fingers crossed this it!!

28. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

A belated thanks to everyone for the well wishes!! We are hoping to get discharged today and I will post more then (plus a picture). Doing well so far- I'm not in too much pain despite some tearing, DS is already feeding a bit better compared to his sister, and DD has been to visit a few times. Wants to hold her brother- so sweet!

29. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

3 cm. but fully effaced. Gonna check me again in 2 hrs. Damn triage is not comfy lol. I was just so nervous to be at home bc they were so close together immediately. Gonna walk around. IM STARVING!

30. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@buttermilk: walking is a good idea! Hope you make some progress and they admit you.

31. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: eeek!!! Can you sneak a granola bar? So excited for you!

32. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@buttermilk yay sounds like it could definitely be baby day! Fingers crossed for you! (And I'm a little jealous, lol)

33. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

No change so they sent me home. Still having the contractions tho they have maybe lessened in intensity. Trying to rest? Also I heard a woman there screaming and it really is messing with me! What if i can't do this?

34. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: you can do it!!! Really, baby has to come out. eat nutritious snacks and try to rest (haha right?) it won't be long now

35. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: you can do it! Definitely eat and rest. Bounce on a yoga ball, walk etc.

36. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

I feel better at home. I mean they are intense but more manageable and I can relax in between. I can do it!

37. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: just remember to breathe!!!

38. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@buttermilk: good luck! Can't wait to hear about baby girl!

39. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@buttermilk: you can do it!! If I did it (with zero plan of going med-free EVER and not a high pain tolerance to start), you can do it!!!

40. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@buttermilk: Hang in there, lady! And definitely get rested up!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee