Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

For those who have kids already..when will you break the news to your LO? I think I will wait until the first ultrasound?! My almost 3 year should be excited so I can't wait to spill the beans!

2. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@torchwood: Glad your ultrasound went well!

@krispi: I had a lot of swelling during my last trimester with my last pregnancy. I couldn't even wear regular shoes, because my feet wouldn't fit in them. My doctor said I was healthy, since I always had good blood pressure and no health concerns. She said some women just swell during pregnancy. I'm glad the socks are helping you.

@autumnlove: My son is 18 months old, so I don't have to worry about it. He wouldn't understand what I was saying. He'll probably notice my belly growing and will definitely notice a new baby when it arrives!

3. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

Does anyone have any natural ways to ease morning sickness. I would like to use my anti-nausea medication as a last resort and try other things first. This morning sickness is awful and is making it hard for me to take care of my son. I'm a SAHM, so I'm the one who plays with him, entertains him, takes him places and feeds him all day long. These things are getting increasingly harder to do! I tried the sea band wrist thing last time, and it didn't help.

4. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@aprild: the only thing that helps me is constantly eating small amounts of carbs and avoiding the things that trigger my gagging/dry heaving/vomiting. Unfortunately, what triggers that this time is opening the refrigerator! Which makes it hard to feed him!

5. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

One day shy of 6w, and feeling the first signs of ms. Boo. I have to clean my whole house today, because MIL and BIL arrive tomorrow. I hope I don't feel too sick all week... We aren't announcing until Christmas day, after the ultrasound.

6. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@autumnlove: DS is only 13 months, so he doesn't quite get it yet We've generally talked about his baby brother or sister, but I think as we get closer and I'm actually showing, it will make more sense?

7. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Betas more than doubled!!! 143 Mon and 340 Wed!!! YAY! I can breathe a little!!! Ultrasound on the 29th!!!

8. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@kjpugs: YAY!!! So happy for you

9. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

@kjpugs: thats awesome!

10. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@kjpugs: Yay!! Was hoping to have some good news from you! That is awesome!

11. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@kjpugs: Yay!!!! So happy for you! That relief is just the best feeling.

12. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Is anyone else not thrilled to be living near family (or glad to not be)? The more I think about it the more I really hope we get moved soon. My mom is over the top dramatic and emotional about everything (if you're gold you can see some of what she said when we lost R here- http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/dealing-with-other-peoples-grief#post-1902284), plus super clingy/needy. FIL is SUPER opinionated about everything, and it's always "you need to," not "have you considered" or anything at least somewhat polite (and I have issues with being told what to do, a result of a verbally abusive ex-stepfather, so that makes it worse). SMIL doesn't like kids. MIL is an alcoholic pill-popping chainsmoker that I don't want around LO at all if I can help it, but she loves her grandbabies and will want to be around all the time. (Neither does DH, no worries.) My grandmother is in early stages of Alzheimers but still expects to be allowed to babysit and everything (even though she's frequently confused, forgets everything all the time, and is just super MEAN now.) And my family all expect to come visit all the time and hold the baby. (When my cousin had her daughter, they were all going to visit for hours at a time multiple times a week, and (good-naturedly) fighting over who got to hold her. You know who gets to hold my baby, at least early on? ME.) And they aren't used to breastfeeding so they all expect to be able to feed him/her as well (and will pressure me to give formula "just this once" so they can). I know it's good to have family around to help, but honestly I just really want to move back to Denver where we have very close friends who would help, but who would also be so much more understanding and actually helpful, not stressful.

There's no real point to that, I just need to vent a bit. I'm going to talk to the counselor about setting good boundaries and things at some point, so maybe it won't wind up being a huge stressor.

13. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@kjpugs: Yay!!! So happy for you!

@autumnlove: My LO is only 13 months old, so he'll be pretty oblivious for awhile. I am excited (and nervous) to see how he'll react to a new baby in the house.

14. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@autumnlove: waaaaaahoooooooooo!!! Congratulations!

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Torchwood: Ugh, I'm sorry. Family is so stressful sometimes. I was really worried about my mom (LOVE my in-laws and my dad because they all respect boundaries), but she has pleasantly surprised most of the time. I have to say, she's a much better grandma than she was a mom when I was younger. She has a tendency to overreact and be very high strung. We have clashed against certain things regarding LO, but I think she realizes that she has to chill out and respect me as a mother if she wants to be in his life. Thankfully, there haven't been too many issues, which is good considering she watches him while I work.

16. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@lilteacherbee: congratulations!!!

17. autumnlove

@Torchwood: I had a hard time with mil during the first year of marriage and LO 1's life but I enjoy her company now. There are little things that bug me but I just don't dwell on them anymore. Hope things improve!

Oh, my mom is a big fan of "you need to" statements...ugh!

@mediagirl: thanks!!!!

18. autumnlove

@kjpugs: yes!!!!

19. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@kjpugs southeast FL, like West Palm/Ft. Laud area.

Going for my second beta tomorrow... nervous for the results. I have had a little mild cramping on and off which makes me nervous, although if I believe Dr. Google it's nothing to be concerned about.

I'm so scared of being really sick! I keep waiting for it to hit. So far just super sore boobs. It's still so early though. My mom was very, very sick with me and I have a really sensitive stomach, get motion sick, etc. so I feel like I'm predisposed to it. We'll see what happens.

Anyone going to tell close family over Christmas? We are thinking about telling my mom and sister next week (it will be the day after Christmas). We're very close and talk most days, so I think I want her to know early so if something happens, I can talk to her about it. I'm unexpectedly nervous about it, though. I think it just doesn't seem real yet.

20. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MrsADS: good luck tomorrow! Our close family found out on Thanksgiving, but we live so close to them and see them all the time, so it'd be hard to keep it a secret.

21. autumnlove

@MrsADS: good luck tomorrow!

22. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MrsADS: Told my mom the other day (she clearly suspected from how often I was peeing), though the plan was to tell at Christmas, and I'm gonna tell my dad (and stepmom and little brother and sister) when I'm at their house this weekend to "do Christmas." But DH doesn't want to tell his family yet (basically for the reasons I mentioned earlier about why I want to move), so it'll just be my parents for now. In the past we've announced pretty much right away, and he wants to do things differently this time.

23. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@autumnlove: HOLY SH!!! congrats!

24. autumnlove

@birdofafeather: Sienna time for me! Lol

25. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@autumnlove: SERIOUSLY!! no getting around that one!

ETA: i'm one of 3 and we plan on 3, so yeah, that van is looming around the corner!

26. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@mediagirl: thank you!

27. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Torchwood: Congrats on your lovely blob!

@kjpugs: Awesome news!

@autumnlove: LO is 18months so he won't understand too much yet. Have fun telling your LO, I'm sure you'll get a great reaction!

28. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Got my results...

First beta (on Wednesday): 153.

Second beta (today): 452!!! I think that's good, right?!

They also said my progesterone is 48, which sounds good. When we were TTC (one of my issues was luteal phase defect), my progesterone was 7.

I can't believe it. So, my last beta is on Monday, and then first u/s scheduled for January 2. I was kinda hoping to get one earlier, but I guess that's okay. Anyone else, when did your RE do the first ultrasound? (This is post-IUI)

ETA - first u/s will be at 6w3d (I think).

29. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@MrsADS: squee! Great betas! They want them to double in 48 hours so that's fantastic!

30. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MrsADS: wow, your betas basically tripled! That's awesome!

31. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@MrsADS: Awesome results!

32. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@kjpugs: @MrsADS: great beta results!

33. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

We have my dad’s extended family Christmas get-together today, and it’s going to be so hard not to say anything! I’ve already caught myself almost saying something on accident a couple of times. I don’t really want to tell extended family this early though, so only a few more days to keep the secret until Christmas!

My feet are completely back to normal now. I wore the compression socks for about 48 hours straight and had to take them off last night because they were irritating my legs. I’m hoping they don’t swell back up today!

I’ve also lost a couple of pounds since last week, which I’m sure was water retention. My pants are still having trouble buttoning though, and when I lay on my stomach in bed, I can definitely feel something different going on in there.

34. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

So, we told my parents and they were like: meh. Are you sure? I'm a bit disappointed but it was pretty much the same reaction as with DS. They adore him ever since he was born.

35. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

@kjpugs: Yay! I'm so happy for you!! (I told you bleeding doesn't mean it's over, it's just so scary when it happens)

36. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@mrsads: @kjpugs: yay for your great betas!!!

@krispi: so glad your feet are back to normal!

@lil owl: what! How could they have been "meh" I don't understand! babies are so exciting!

We are celebrating Xmas today with my FIL and are planning to spill the beans! I'm of course nervous since we haven't had an u/s yet but I cannot hold it in anymore, and am really feeling like I need the support of our families now bc I'm just such a worry wort. Telling my mom, brother and grandparents on Xmas eve. I'm so excited, I can't believe I've held it from my mom for almost a month!!!!

37. pinkcrayon

coffee bean / 26 posts

Hi all, I haven't been posting this week as I had some bleeding starting on Wed morning. I saw my OB that afternoon and he couldn't see anything so I had my blood work done Wed afternoon and then yesterday afternoon. Just waiting now for a call from my OB this weekend with the results. Only had a little more bleeding on Thurs morning so I am hopeful everything is okay. And it is good to hear that others on this board were okay after bleeding too.

38. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

Hi all, sorry I haven't posted at all lately. My first beta results were not great and I never made it to get my second results before starting to bleed tonight. I'll get my results of today's beta on Monday but I don't think I'm going to be an August 2015 mama after all

39. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@mrs scrapbook: I'm so sorry. Lots of hugs.

40. yerpie110

nectarine / 2771 posts

@mrs scrapbook: so sorry to hear

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee