Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: no one ever did an ultrasound to confirm my sons position. I think my midwife could tell by feel....

2. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: I did not have an ultrasound at the hospital to confirm position, but then again, I had like 3 or 4 in the ten days after my due date to check my fluid levels.

3. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

So, I have noticed another weird pregnancy thing. Recently, like within the last week or 2, all my maternity pants/shorts have suddenly gotten SUPER tight in the hips/butt. I mean, I have gained a LITTLE weight in the past week or two, I'm sure (like a couple pounds), but I feel like I've gained 20 lbs in my backside in, like, a week.

Is this just my pelvis expanding? Or, is all the weight I gained finally just settling and now I have a huge butt?! Just curious if this has happened to anyone!

Happy 4th all!

4. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@MrsADS: yea I've noticed that. I can't even wear most of my maternity jeans at this point because they cut off my circulation when I sit down!!! I have barely gained any weight in the past 3/4 weeks. It must be our pelvis expanding because I can definitely feel the kid pushing on mine.

5. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@buttermilk: I never had an ultrasound at the hospital. I'm pretty sure they can tell just by feeling around.

@MrsADS: Some of my clothes aren't fitting, but I think it has more to do with my belly than my butt. It's so annoying, because at least 4 of my maternity t-shirts are now too short in length thanks to my big belly, and if I wear them, the belly hangs out the bottom.

6. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

Just wanted to say happy 4th of July to the American mommas! My family and I had a busy day - we went to a parade, went out to lunch, and then hung out with extended family at a cookout in the evening. I'm not planning to see fireworks tonight, but I'm sure I'll hear them. Hopefully they won't wake up my son!

7. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

I met a mom last night at a wedding who has 5 kids, 5 and under! A 5 year old, identical twin 3 year old girls, and boy/girl twin 5 month olds. she is clearly a saint. I've been nervous about parenting two kids, almost 3.5 years apart, if she can do 5, I suppose I'll be able to manage two! Haha/

8. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Still not reading over here, though I hope everyone is good, but I need to vent. I had a cyst on my tailbone flair up/get infected last week, and I had to have it drained. (Not fun.) I've had to go back every two days to have the gauze packing changed out, which is also not fun and means leaving Lily for several hours. They put me on BF safe antibiotics, but they now think that whatever bacteria it is is not one that will respond to these antibiotics and I'll have to go on ones that are not BF safe. And I'm feeling crappy, so I really need to keep nursing/pumping so she gets my antibodies and I don't have to worry as much about her getting sick. And she's not great at nursing yet so we really don't need a 10 day break that could totally screw us on it. Oh, and they're also talking about a referral to a surgeon to remove the cyst entirely, since it's not healing well. Wtf universe? Am I not dealing with enough already?

9. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Torchwood: that is so hard! Have you talked with an IBCLC a to see what they suggest?

10. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@OhCaptain: I'm going to. Her nurses said the LC here has a huge book of safe medicines. Once I get the culture results in going to ask her. And see what she says about not messing up BFing with the time off of I have to do it.

11. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Oh, and she had a "questionable result" on the newborn screening that the state of TN requires. I'm refusing to even google it until she gets retested, since it's common to have that and it be nothing. But still. I don't need anymore issues with one of my babies.

12. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: so many hugs mama! Looking forward to more updates about all this. You can always vent to us... We are all in the third trimester bitch-fest!

13. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Torchwood: there's also an app, lactmed i think it's called, that is a good medicine/breast feeding resource.

14. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@OhCaptain: that's insane!!!
    @Torchwood: ugh I'm sorry you're dealing with extra stress right now that's tough.

15. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Torchwood: sorry mama!!

16. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Torchwood: I am so sorry!!!

17. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Feeling so off today. Weak, nauseous, anxious, pooping all the time. And this baby movement is getting so big and a little annoying! I had a dream she was constantly jabbing me in the ribs last night, which she basically is. My ribs are killing me. My back hurts. Sorry! I just need to vent. 5 more weeks. Feeling like I could cry at any moment! I'm ready to be done!!!!

18. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: I felt like this a few days ago! Only my pain is in my pelvis. Hang in there!!

19. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Buttermilk I have had several days like that too and woke up today pretty nauseous and gross. We are getting close though, hang in there!!! I also feel like I've been SUPER crabby in general. I feel bad for DH. I try to be nice but it seems like my patience with everything is just shot. Like, if we plan to eat at a certain time and we get delayed and I'm starving I know I turn into total pregnant-zilla to him but it's like I can't control it!

@Torchwood thinking about you! Hang in there - I know she will be home soon!

20. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: totally get super hangry too!

21. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@buttermilk: I feel you. I am so physically over it...been incredibly nauseous these past few days.... My husband kept asking me yesterday if I was ok, he feels so bad for me. He hugged me and said "I know you are ready to be done with this but you are doing so good" It was really sweet and exactly what I needed to hear. We are SO CLOSE!!!!

22. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Torchwood: Ugh, I'm so sorry mama!! I hope you can find a solution that allows you to keep breastfeeding. Don't beat yourself up though in the end if formula is the way you have to go, you have to keep yourself healthy too. I know the guilt that you feel as a mom re: the bfing/formula battle, try not to let it get to you.

@buttermilk: Hang in there! Hope it's just a rough day and not a lengthy thing. I surprisingly feel dramatically better today than most days which is worrying me. How many weeks are you? Maybe baby is getting ready to make an appearance!

23. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: yup! Over it! Vent as much as you need we are all there with you!

I dreamed baby was born and she could fit in my palm... And she had a tail like a cat. Pretty sure neither of those is true!

24. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: 35 weeks tomorrow so probably not! So crazy to think how soon she could potentially be here though.

@Mrs. Microscope: lol! last week I dreamed our baby came out with 2 snaggle teeth

25. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I've been having some crazy weird dreams, too!

@Torchwood:

@buttermilk: Totally feeling the same over here. I don't remember it being this rough at the end with #1. I guess having a toddler makes it even harder and this HEAT. I don't want to wish pregnancy away because I really do enjoy it for the most part, but I've got 4 more weeks left and it seems like an eternity and way too short at the same time!

26. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Torchwood: Oh no! Sorry to hear that.

@buttermilk: The last few weeks are the hardest! I remember feeling exhausted and sore last time, but you don't have much longer to go.

27. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@lilteacherbee: my thoughts exactly! this pregnancy has been crazy easy overall, but mentally I'm just iugghhh I could cry all the time lol.

28. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Can't believe some of you are 35/36 weeks!! That's CRAZY. We are going to have August babies here any time now!

I am 33 weeks tomorrow so I feel like I have time but still have so much to do. My contractions seem like they have gotten worse/more frequent in the last few days, so I hope that doesn't mean anything is happening soon. Ugh!

29. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MrsADS: I know... I'm 36 weeks today and I can't believe it myself. Feels like I got pregnant just a couple of months ago.

Crossing my fingers you have at least a few more weeks of pregnancy ahead of you! You're officially off bed rest and modifications next week, right?

30. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

Second (or more) time mommies, are you getting your older LO a gift from baby? I am planning on it but I'm not sure what to get. So far I have a big brother book.

31. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Getjazzy well I *thought* I would be free to do whatever at 34 weeks. That's what the MFM told me 2 weeks ago. I went for my appointment last week and my cervix was shorter and I was having more contractions on the monitor. So now he says 37 weeks, so I'm going to lose my mind. But, I guess if it gets me more time, it's worth it.

I am not really super strict with my bedrest - I do some non-strenuous stuff around the house and occasionally get out, like go out for a short dinner or something. I think really at 35/36 weeks I will probably do a little more depending on how I'm feeling. It's so hard to know, is it really making any difference? Or if my body is going to go into labor, it's going to happen regardless? I don't know.

32. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@getjazzy: I am not planning on doing any gifts from the baby to LO 1 or 2.

33. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@torchwood: thinking good thoughts for you!

@getjazzy: I'm not sure about the gift thing. DD's birthday will only be a week or two after the baby arrives so I'm hesitant to do something separate. So far she just seems excited about the baby so I don't know how necessary it really is. I can't decide.

I had a growth scan today-- so far baby boy is measuring in the 50th percentile for most everything which is great news! They are already estimating him at 5 lbs 8 oz which seems like a lot at 34+ weeks (DD was only 6lbs 9oz when born on her due date!). I thought that since he was measuring so well (and certainly better than where DD around this time) that I would be done with MFM, but they want me to come in for one more scan in 4 weeks. So we'll see!

Also excited that we got the nursery painted over the weekend! Now I just need to get the curtains done and things organized. Still feels like a lot to do but am feeling better that we are making progress.

34. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abmamma: yay for a good scan! I'm expecting my LO to be about 5-6 lbs tomorrow at my growth scan (35w 3d). My first LO was 7lb 12oz at his last scan at 36 weeks and was almost 9lbs when he was born at 39 weeks! So far, this one is measuring more average instead of huge, so I'm curious to see what tomorrow's scan says!!

35. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Thanks for the responses. Feeling a little better today. Still don't know how things are going to go for me, but Lily got her tube out today! As long as she keeps doing well with feeding without it, that's the last step before she can go home. And we can finally see her face with no tape!

36. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Torchwood: Awww, what good news! She looks like she's in such deep thought in this picture!

I'm wondering if baby boy has officially dropped for me - I'm 35w1d, and if I thought the peeing so often was bad before, it's SO much worse now. Like, every 20 minutes - I can't get anything done at work. I swear he must be directly on top of my bladder at this point.

37. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Torchwood: What an exciting milestone!! Yayy!

38. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: getting closer to going home!

39. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Raspberries me too. Baby is super low and I think he's right on my bladder. I have to pee ALL the time!

40. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@getjazzy: I've sorted a present to give to LO1 from LO2, she'll be getting a dinosaur toy, a coloring book, a sticker book and some stickers. I'm hoping it will help keep her entertained while we're at the birth unit/in the first few days home.

@Torchwood: So glad everything is going so well!

@raspberries: Baby has dropped even more for me! Bathroom visits are pretty much constant, and it really feels like she's going to fall out at any moment. Walking is really difficult these days because of how low her head is in my pelvis, even my midwife was surprised at how low her head is.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee