August 22: shootingstar (#2 ) - 23 w, 3 d
    August 24: agold (#1 ) - 23 w, 1 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1 ) - 23 w, 0 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1 ) - 22 w, 4 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2 ) - 22 w, 3 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2 ) - 22 w, 2 d

2. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Silva: That sounds more like just SPD pressure. BH can be a lot of things (cramps, tightening etc) but pressure isn't.
    If it was constant and not going away I would ask your OB about checking your cervix length.

3. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pregnantbee: Congrats! I hope I remember to go in for mine on Saturday morning...better set an alarm haha.

@Silva: Maybe BH coupled with baby moving weird? I started getting BH a couple weeks ago, and sometimes it's really obvious it's that, but other times I'm not sure if it's BH or he's just stretching out and making me feel weird. My doc did say not to worry unless you have six BH in an hour. Although I've heard four elsewhere...Crazy how different various doctors can be.

4. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: Thank you

5. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@MrsSCB: I know, my doctor didn't even give me a number. I'd read four too. My doc was just like "if you can ignore them/they aren't painful/they aren't contractions, then don't worry!"

6. T.H.O.U.

@MrsSCB: Yea I think 6 or 4 an hour is such a hard number. I know I"ll have a lot, but once I sit and relax or drink water, they go away. So even if I had 10 in an hour, as long as it stops thats really all that matters.

7. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Silva: I'm so sorry. I would call and let your provider know what's going on . . . at least that way you can have a complete running history in your file so that you can better track the frequency and maybe even spot a pattern (if it comes to that). This is coming from someone who had pre-term labor at 22 weeks last time, and but for the bleeding, I probably wouldn't have called/gotten checked out.

8. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Silva: @T.H.O.U.: If it's more than 5 BH in an hour I call. Sometimes the contractions can soften your cervix.

9. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pregnantbee: YAY YOU PASSED!!!! congrats, that's awesome.

random vent: does anyone get irrationally mad when people assume you can't do something because you're pregnant? I was walking down the stairs at work yesterday (we have 2 floors, and yes there's an elevator for the building but I'm pretty sure walking down a flight of stairs is permitted while pregnant). Anyway, some random girl at work stops me and says "be careful walking!" I wasn't running down the stairs, or skipping steps, or even carrying anything. i was walking down the stairs like a normal person. if only she knew i walk the stairs in my house while carrying my toddler, a laundry basket, all sorts of dangerous things!

10. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Silva: I'm sorry, i have no advice or experience with this. doesn't hurt to call if you're worried!

11. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Pirouette: My husband does that and it drives me nuts. We planted 20 cedar trees this weekend and he was freaking out about me digging a few holes to help. He was like "last time the most strenuous thing you did was walk to brunch!"

12. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Pirouette: Thank you! And, yes, it also bothers me when people assume I can't do things. I usually tell them that believe me, I'll let them know if I need help. My job involves tons of walking and lifting heavy things.

13. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @Silva: Yes, water totally helps! My doctor made me laugh because when I was asking her about them, I said, "I know water can make them less frequent." And she said, "You're so observant to notice that!" I thought, "Really, I just know how to Google and read HB..." lol And it is hard to count sometimes because there have been a couple that came close together and I'm like, "Does that count as one or two?!"

14. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Pirouette: I don't have too many people trying to "protect" me, but I was a bit annoyed yesterday when I was in a meeting, and my boss' boss pointed at my cup and said, "Oh, what are you drinking?" I was like, "....an iced Americano?" And then he asked if I've changed my diet at all. My boss jumped in and was like, "She's allowed to have 200 mg of caffeine a day!" Thanks, everyone, my diet seems very pertinent to this meeting...

15. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Pirouette: @pregnantbee: @MrsSCB: I get treated like a speshul snowflake at work . . . one of my co-workers almost jumped out of his chair yesterday when I bent down to pick up a "heavy" file from the floor (it wasn't a heavy banker's box or anything!). He was not happy I was carrying it to my office (it's a heckuva lot lighter than my 30lb 3.5 year old!) It's not so much the same at home. I think DH is more concerned about mosquitos/Zika than he is about how much stuff I carry around. The only time he tries to limit me is when my LO wants me to carry her, or when we're doing stuff around the house (like when we moved LO's furniture . . . he didn't want me carrying/pushing things or getting up on ladders).

16. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

My little guy has been moving like crazy today and I finally got some video where you can see it! So funny

17. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@MrsSCB: I love iced americanos! but seriously, aside from not drinking wine, i haven't changed my diet at all. and yes it's rude to ask if i have!

@pwnstar: yea my husband doesn't care - he knows I know my own limits and can make my own decisions. But work is a whole other story.

even just on the streets, people hold doors for me and are so nice just because i'm pregnant. but i remember when i was a week postpartum and having a little trouble walking after my c section, someone slammed a heavy door in my face and i was like "oh, my pregnancy privileges are gone! just when i actually need them!"

18. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: Hooray for passing that icky test!

@Pirouette: Yes!! I feel this same annoyance and frustation. Its one of the things that's making me not enjoy being pregnant - all the things I'm told that I canNOT do. My OB is the worst. From my husband, I at least can consider his concern as sweetness. You should hear my family when they learn I pulled weeds this past Sunday evening. It's so very annoying. If anything causes me discomfort, then I know and I stop.

@MrsSCB: I can hardly believe your boss' MALE boss would say something to you about what you were drinking!!

@MrsSCB: Lucky you got video of the baby moving! Can your husband feel the movements yet with his hand??

@pwnstar: I actually wish someone at my work would help me with boxes!!

I wonder if being treated like a special snowflake is part of why people say they like being pregnant so much?

19. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@Pirouette: oh, that's one of my biggest pet peeves in life! "Expectant mother" parking, and all the "help" that comes with having a visible belly- but no one bothers to help a mom with an infant!

20. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pwnstar: I'll be honest, the Zika thing is totally freaking me out! Mostly because I hear about it constantly at work. We just had a press event last week where a bunch of our researchers/physicians were briefing a senator about the situation. And they were all telling him, "This is our worst nightmare."

21. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: Yes, he's felt it a couple times I also sent him the video I took this morning. He's been out of town for work but coming home today, yay!

22. T.H.O.U.

@MrsSCB: Oh great. Things like this make me more nervous. I guess it just hits home because I'm so prone to mosquitos. Even with wearing leggings and Deet and limiting my time outside I ended up with 3 bites this weekend (much better than my normal 13 bites but still, I guess it just takes one?)

23. T.H.O.U.

PS I just noticed our July moms are in pretty much in their Third tri!

On one hand I'm surprised at how fast this has gone and on the other hand I know the last trimester drags by!

24. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Same, mosquitoes love me in the best of times! I think I'll be spending a lot of time indoors this summer...it's hot as hell here anyway, so I guess that's not a terrible prospect. But still, it's nerve wracking.

ETA: I also saw a mosquito IN my office today. Wtf.

25. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsSCB: Me too. It is absolutely on my short list for pregnancy/baby fears! When I went for my CVS, my Peri's office was giving an interview to a news station about Zika. The severity of possible outcomes combined with the fact that basically every new article that is released is worse than the last . . .

26. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@agold: haha being treated like a special snowflake is hands down my biggest pet peeve of pregnancy. I think it is the root of my pregnancy crankiness I'm a healthy woman, and I know my body. I don't need someone else telling me what to do with my body!

@OldpuebloJenn: YES! exactly! it just perpetuates the myth that pregnant women are disabled, but of course this country does absolutely nothing to help new moms.

@T.H.O.U.: me too about 5 years ago i developed an allergy to mosquitoes and i blow up immediately upon getting bitten. so in addition to be absolutely loved by them, i end up with 100s of massive golf-ball size bites. now add zika to the mix, and i'm really looking forward to summer

27. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: Oh no! What states are most at risk??

@T.H.O.U.: I'm prone to bites also. Bummer for us. And I noticed that about the July moms, too! Its all moving so very fast for me. I can't imagine a time when it feels like my pregnancy is dragging on.. maybe when I get so close to the due date. I am really worrying about getting uncomfortable since my feet have started to feel like they are swelling.

28. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Pirouette: Yes, its my biggest gripe about pregnancy, too! I really want to be able to do my normal activities. I hate feeling restricted in this way.

29. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: This is a good map of where there are potentially populations of the aedes mosquito, which is the one that transmits it. They typically bite during the day, rather than at dusk like other species. But good news is, no mosquitoes in the U.S. have yet tested positive -- all Zika cases have been acquired elsewhere (as far as people know anyway).

http://currents.plos.org/outbreaks/files/2016/02/Fig1-2.jpg

30. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: Thanks for sending that! I'm feeling too dumb today to completely understand the chart. But for sure I'm in a danger zone. Low, but still, danger. Bummer. At least I work most all of the day. One plus side to missing out on being outside!

31. T.H.O.U.

@MrsSCB: Yea I'm in a red zone. Ugh .

@Pirouette: Ugh, I just have a mild allergy but heat definitely helps draw the itch out and get the swelling down. I heat a coffee mug up until its pretty hot and hold the side of the cup against the bite for as long as I can stand it.

32. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

How is everyone doing/feeling? Any plans for the weekend?

I still feel pretty good most days, although the end of the week is (physically) much harder than the beginning. I have more BH and random pains/aches too. Some of them I can stretch through, but some of them I can't (helloooo lightning crotch!). I'm staying consistent with my workouts and really eating well, but the weight just keeps coming. Which is depressing. But. It is what it is. I have my 24 week appointment today (and glucose test), so I will definitely discuss it with my doc.

33. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

Feeling pretty good physically. My belly feels huge sometimes, though, which makes me nervous for what's to come haha. And insomnia is never ending. My doc said Unisom is fine to take every day, but I'm still trying to limit to a few times a week. Soooo tired. I'm loving feeling all the movement, though! 😍

Emotionally I'm alright, although my mat leave surprise has thrown me for a loop. I know we can make it work for me to not get paid for a month, and I'm grateful for that. But when I start thinking of all the new expenses -- gear (we haven't bought anything!), hospital bills, daycare -- I start feeling panicky and it's really stressing me out. Makes me so mad at how behind we are compared to virtually every other developed country in this aspect...

ANYWAY @pwnstar: I'm so impressed you're working out consistently! You are awesome 💪 I'm trying to keep going to the gym, but it's not as often and my routine has gotten much tamer...

34. T.H.O.U.

@MrsSCB: Thats interesting to hear about unisom. Is it over the counter? This week I'm a mess because I'm up for 2 hours or so in the middle of the night. Its terrible and I'm getting sick because of it.

Leave stinks for sure, I'm looking at taking December off (leave without pay) so the baby doesn't have to start right at the holidays. The way I'm looking at it, at least I'm "saving" on daycare costs for that month!

35. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@T.H.O.U.: yup! You can just buy it at cvs or target or wherever. It doesn't keep me asleep all night, but it helps me fall back asleep rather than lying awake for hours. And I've never slept through the night even when not pregnant so that could just be me

Staying off December, too, makes sense. It's pretty annoying that the first couple months we pay for daycare, the school will prob be closed for a decent chunk. My office is completely dead from thanksgiving on.

36. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pwnstar: good luck today! i'm pretty much the same as you, still working out consistently, feeling pretty good (maybe not eating quite as well as you are ), and feeling kinda huge. But a lot of it is that i was SO small with my first, that having any belly at all at this stage is weird for me. Plus, I have gained a little all over this time, whereas last time i didn't gain anywhere else. But physically, i still feel ok.

@MrsSCB: I must have missed your maternity leave update, but I'm going to be completely unpaid for my entire leave and it totally sucks. This country totally sucks. I'm so happy that more states are enacting paid leave plans (including my state, even though it won't help me any), but of course it stings to know how little is in place for our pregnancies. I still don't even know where i'm going to be working come the summer, so i have no idea how long I'll take this time around.

37. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Pirouette: Ugh, I'm sorry, it sucks that you have to take all your time unpaid. I started a separate thread about my mat leave issue, but basically HR told me I could take up to 90 days at partial pay back in February (about 12 weeks), and then this week they were like, "Actually, no, it's six weeks." I really do feel lucky to be getting any paid time at all, I'm just irritated that HR apparently doesn't know what's going on (that's nothing new...) and that I've been thinking for months that I'd have twice as much time as I do and wouldn't have to take any unpaid. I hope you can get your job situation sorted out asap so you can have more clarity about the future!

38. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@pwnstar: I'm still working out regularly, but food has been challenging. I don't want to eat, or I'm feeling too full too soon, and don't eat much. But, regardless the weight gain has started! I lost weight in the first tri, and just gained it back and in the last two weeks am now showing gains. With my first I didn't put one care towards weight, but now I feel like that's all I'm focusing on, because it's been so different than my first pregnancy.

39. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@MrsSCB: oh wow, that's so frustrating! If they have no written policy I guess there's nothing you can do? that is really ridiculous. and thanks, me too! I'm just trying to be all blase about it for now "oh, it'll all work out, i don't need answers anytime soon..." meanwhile i'm such a planner this is totally nuts for me! at least i know regardless what happens (switching jobs or staying at my current job), I'll get zero pay for leave, so I can just accept it now haha.

40. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@pwnstar: Good luck today! I'm impressed you've been working out this whole time. I get pathetically winded when walking up even 1 flight of stairs. And I'm trying not to waddle. LOL.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee