Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@AprilFool: Not specifically, just that he was. I will ask him though if he has a reason why. And yes @pregnantbee: it totally cracks me up because he really wanted to be the one to come up with her name and I really wanted to honor that. I chose our other children's names and he never second guessed those so I don't know if he just feels the pressure or what!

2. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: It's definitely a lot of pressure to name a child. We just handle it better. 😂

3. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@coopsmama: Maybe it is the pressure, he might be scared of making the wrong choice and needs some reassurance. Fwiw I think her name is beautiful, I want to steal it

4. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pregnantbee: Truth.

5. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@AprilFool: I think I will just not suggest anything (because I truly do not have any suggestions at this point and because I feel like the name is already hers - it feels right to me) and see if he comes up with anything he likes better and, if so, we will have a conversation about it at that point and I'm willing to consider anything if he has a meaningful and good reason. Otherwise, if he has nothing else to offer - I don't know what to say! Haha. Thank you for the compliment about her (likely) name!

6. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@coopsmama: I think that's probably the best way to handle it.

7. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@coopsmama: I'm having cold feet about our two top names still! Even the one I was suggesting. I think it's all just so real and so close now. But nothing else is coming up so its one of those names or names less for a bit.

8. T.H.O.U.

MRSWHIT1 (Born 7/15) - 0 Months, 10 Days
    July 24: Thismustbetheplace (#2) - 39 w, 4 d
    July 25: APRILFOOL (#2) - 39 w, 3 d
    July 26: Umberto (#1 ) - 39 w, 2 d
    July 28: TeawithPaloma (#2) - 39 w, 0 d
    July 30: dcw6411 (#3 ) - 38 w, 5 d
    July 30: pregnantbee (#2 ) - 38 w, 5 d
    Mossyslane (#2 born 7/13) - 0 Months, 8 Days
    AANDMKLOVER (#3 Wes born 7/12) - 0 Months, 9 Days
    August 1: MrsBeluga (#2 ) - 38 w, 3 d
    Coffeemom (#2 born 7/12) - 0 Months, 9 Days
    mrschickpea (#1 Anya born 7/18) - 0 Months, 3 Days
    August 11: silva (#2 ) - 37 w, 0 d
    August 11: coopsmama (#3 ) - 37 w, 0 d
    August 13: glitter (#2 ) - 36 w, 5 d
    August 16: oldpuebloJenn (#2 ) - 36 w, 2 d
    August 16: MrsSCB (#1 ) - 36 w, 2 d
    August 16: T.H.O.U. (#3 ) - 36 w, 2 d
    August 17: KOALAHUGZ (#2 ) - 36 w, 1 d
    August 18: pwnstar (#2 ) - 36 w, 0 d
    August 19: stratosphere (#2 C/S 8/16) - 35 w, 6 d
    August 20: jojogirl (#2 ) - 36 w, 0 d
    August 22: shootingstar (#2 C/S 8/16) - 35 w, 3 d
    August 24: agold (#1 ) - 35 w, 1 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1 ) - 35 w, 0 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1 ) - 34 w, 4 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2 ) - 34 w, 3 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2 ) - 34 w, 2 d

9. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I'm just surprised by the cold feet in part because he has been telling everyone for months! So we will see where this goes. Are you sharing your top two? I can't remember. And you're right - it is SO real. The babies could come any time now so it feels like we need to have it all, names included, together!

It's 3:30 am and I am wide awake.

10. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: Dude. 3:24 a.m. Awake here, too

11. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pregnantbee: This blows. My son came in earlier after a bad dream ("I'm afraid of pirates mama" with tears) and now of course I can't get back to sleep even after he settled down. And the baby in the belly was dancing for awhile, too, which made it harder. Hope you get some rest.

12. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: Awww, poor C. I hope you can get back to sleep. I'm gonna try now.

13. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@coopsmama: My DH did something similar a few weeks ago. We'd been decided on Lily for months, and one day he was like, "I really like the name Charlotte." Meanwhile we'd told everyone her name and I'd gotten used to calling her lily. I didn't fight him on it, just kinda nodded along. Then it came up again and I told him I liked it, but I wasn't big on "Char" if people ever called her that and I felt like she was Lily. He kind of agreed and dropped it. I think he just suddenly had cold feet about it and wanted to feel like we're making the right decision.

14. T.H.O.U.

@coopsmama: Tuesday night we had the "bad dream" issue with our oldest and I basically tossed and turned the rest of the night. This morning I was up at 4:30 am with a charlie horse cramp in my leg and was pretty much wide awake after that. At least I got a nice long hot shower and breakfast made without rushing today.

15. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@LCTBQE: midwife was 90% sure by feeling baby out. Said whatever was down was really wobbly, like a head. She was like "we can do a u/s just to determine" and I was off the table running to the room! She did a super quick check, and we saw top of the head right above my pubic bone!

@T.H.O.U.: @coopsmama: (hides head) im second guessing our boy name and I'm the one who had to convince DH on it!

16. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: @T.H.O.U.: @coopsmama: We also just changed the #1 name about 2 weeks ago. It was all me wavering on it. DH still loves the first name we had picked, but I think now he's cool with her new name. I believe we both love it, so I really hope she looks like her name when she's born!

17. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Hooray for flipping!! I hope baby stays put now!

18. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@LCTBQE: I think we might have the same guts. I've been living on pepcid AC when my normal nexium quits working for me by the end of the day. And, I think I've eaten my weight in Strawberry and Raspberry popsicles this summer!

19. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: @pregnantbee: I think it's totally fine to second guess a name! There is obviously still ample time. I'm just surprised since he has been telling people for weeks AND seems to have no other alternatives. Well, he has told me today to other alternatives but one isn't an option (I threw it out) but the other is I think. Anyone have any famous author names they love for a little girl?! Haha.

20. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@T.H.O.U.: ugh! I always forget how crappy sleep gets down the stretch with pregnancy. Hope you are able to get a complete night's rest today!

21. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@coopsmama: we had two author names on our girl list- Nelle (Harper Lee's given name) and Beatrix/ce (as in:similar to Beatrix Potter). My DH vetoed Beatrice immediately, but Nelle made it to the top three. I love it.

I know it's okay to second guess, but I went to bat for this name and now to myself I'm wondering!

22. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: Oooooh I'll have to think about it. Do you care if it begins with the same initial as either of your kids?

23. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@coopsmama: Virginia, Sylvia, Maya, Simone, and Alice come to mind!

24. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Nelle is adorable! Too bad my name is basically the same thing. (most family call me Elle.)

@pregnantbee: No, because I think we will probably end up with another one after this - if we were going to stop at 3 I would say maybe but since a fourth is always a thought it would be fine.

@pwnstar: Hilarious! Sylvia is the name that baby girl is supposed to be - nn Sylvie. That was his original choice and I've grown to really love it. I like all of those names - if he asks me again will run them by him. Otherwise I am just remaining quiet while he contemplates.

25. Umberto

grape / 75 posts

@coopsmama: Sylvia is in my top 5, it's so lovely! Hopefully if you say nothing he will come to his senses

26. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Nelle is so under the radar chic!
    @pwnstar: ooooh Simone, bold choice
    @coopsmama: Dorothy, Flannery (tall order on that one but I love her), or Barrett? Germaine Greer has two cool names if you are a MAJOR feminist

@MrsKerch: ha, sounds like we do! I've been buying the Outshine boxes two at a time.

27. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: whoa, awesome! the last OB I saw told me he was head down, but I keep feeling hiccups sort of on the right side and don't quite believe it yet. sounds like yours is there to stay
    @T.H.O.U.: sounds like a rough night I'm getting charlie horses in my calves of varying degrees EVERY night. we're almost there, right?

28. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@T.H.O.U.: ugh, sorry about the charley horse, they are awful! I had a terrible one the other night--I couldn't move my foot, like it was just stuck, and then when I could finally flex it my calf ended up being sore for a couple days. Blech.

@LCTBQE: @coopsmama: I actually knew a girl in elementary school named Flannery! Not sure if it was for the author or not. While we're on the subject of female southern writers, how about Carson? I think that's kind of cute for a little girl I also like Louisa, Zora, Willa and Edith for some more good writer names!

29. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@LCTBQE: ahh! Greer was on my short list too! 🙌

30. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@LCTBQE: Outshine is my jam! I eat them in twos . . . It lets the second soften up a bit while I eat the first.

31. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@pwnstar: @LCTBQE: you ladies are speaking my language! I found a 4 box pack at Costco a few months ago, and I bought 3 of them! It's been dangerous to keep them in the house freezer so I have to keep them in the big freezer in the garage. I'd probably eat like 6 at a time otherwise!

32. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@pwnstar: @LCTBQE: @MrsKerch: I'm gonna need to get my hands on these apparently....

33. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@MrsSCB: that's so funny that you knew a Flannery, it HAS to be for the author, right? it's the weirdest name on earth otherwise. I don't love Carson McCullers, but agree the name is adorable for a girl, and the rest of your author names are rad. Willa is REALLY picking up steam in Brooklyn, btw. I know a couple personally, and then I keep walking by the Park Slope summer camp kids on my way to the subway and seeing them--there seems to be a Willa for every Hudson.
    @OldpuebloJenn: yes I love Greer! it's so WASPy and cool. agh I can think of 500 terrific girl names and about 2 boy names I feel lukewarm about

@pwnstar: @MrsKerch: @pregnantbee: I woke up this morning feeling very, very little movement for almost an hour (usually at 6am he's hiccuping and kicking like crazy) and it freaked me out, so I tried pwnstar's defrosting x2 pro tip--now back to Alien Resurrection phew. I think it's the sugar jolt and the cold but they always make him go crazy.

34. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@pregnantbee: they sell a lot of useless vegetable mix flavors that I do not recommend--stick with the berry flavors or mango. give me a fucking break trying to make a popsicle "healthy" by adding carrots. who are these marketing people, I'd like to have a word with them.

35. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

Also, don't mean to be a giant bummer, but in Zika news, did you guys see this? I don't think anyone has posted about it on HB in the past day or two.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/22/health/second-possible-zika-infection-is-found-in-florida.html?_r=0

I'm so grateful we're almost done but so terrified for all women everywhere and all subsequent pregnancies.

36. T.H.O.U.

@LCTBQE: Yes, I have been trying to read along and wait for news as to what might be going on. I'm very thankful that we hopefully could get baby out if I got sick at this point. I probably need to look into the mosquito net for the stroller.

37. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@LCTBQE: I had not already seen the article. We actually ruled out travelling to several different places (despite there being no locally transmitted cases and/or no official announcement of the presence of Zika) out of an abundance of caution simply because every report released about the virus was worse than the one before (and it is so difficult to diagnose--short time frame), and logically, it was only a matter of time before cases began to be locally acquired (although I had hoped it would take much longer than it did). It is truly frightening.

38. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@LCTBQE: why are boy names so hard?! We are still undecided. Also, was just talking about the Zika news with my husband last night. Scary stuff

39. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@LCTBQE: I LOVE Greer but DH totally shot that down months and months ago. It wouldn't sound fabulous with our last name, either, so probably for the best.

@MrsSCB: Carson is cute! I can see that. I do like gender neutral names. I actually don't mind Flannery that much because it's unique - I also like Tennyson for that reason. We had Willa on our list months ago and DH brought that up specifically the other night but the popularity does worry me.

Last night DH said that he is probably just overthinking it and that we will probably stick with her current name. We shall see!

40. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

I had my 37 week 1 day appt today and all is well. Midwife says baby is in a great position. I also found out that I am group B strep negative so hooray for that! They didn't even offer a check this go around - maybe because I went so late last time? Haha.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee