Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Silva: you look adorable!!! how far along are you again? Are those normal jeans just worn below your belly?

2. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Silva: Adorable! I guess you can always buy a few and see? I'm so much more comfortable and feel better in tighter tops when pregnant.

3. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@agold: I'm only 13 weeks! They are maternity cords from gap- they are under the belly. I always hated the over the belly kind.

4. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pwnstar: omg that is hilarious!! i would have burst out laughing. and seriously, don't fault yourself for not connecting the dots there - i would guess that the others are probably further along and public about their pregnancies!

@Silva: this is what i did for the first and hope to do again this time! I picked up a whole bunch on sale at loft. i was able to get away with it my entire pregnancy because i'm petite, and just bought non-petite sizes! i'm already bigger than last time through, so not sure if it'll work this time around.

5. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Silva: you look great!!! i also couldn't wear over the belly pants last time. HATED them!

6. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@pregnantbee: its funny- I was last time too, i have a lot of tight-fitting jersey dresses and such. This time I want baggy! Maybe my style has changed....or maybe I'm feel a little self conscious because I"m so early still? I don't know. I think I just need to say to my self: "these are your choices in maternity clothes. pick what you can live with, and move on." i keep looking for the perfect thing, but can't find it!

7. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Pirouette: another friend recommended the loft. i've never really shopped there, but there is one in the mall so I may go try some stuff on before i order online.

8. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Silva: It's actually kinda funny. I have a ton of loose non-maternity tops (think Sweater Chronicles) that I just have no desire to wear now that I'm "out." So I'm actually really struggling b/c I only have a small handful of tighter maternity tops or non-maternity that are long enough to look ok. I had stopped wearing tighter tops after having my son b/c my stomach had a new shape that I wasn't psyched about. I wish I could find a great selection of tighter fitting tops that aren't just solid or striped t-shirts. I'd like something a bit more special.

9. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Silva: check it out! it can be hit or miss sometimes, but most of my work attire is from there. and they are constantly having sales so it's definitely cheaper.

10. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@Silva: looking great

11. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@dcw6411: yes I believe in bullshit Hearst magazines this is respectfully referred to as "pear shaped"--ha.
    and I know that for you this was *seriously* hard-earned, but when I read your update I was wailing inside that I want to be 15w, too!

12. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

Other Due Date threads have done this, let me know if its accurate:

July 30: dcw6411 (#3 ) - 14 w, 6 d
    July 30: pregnantbee (#2 ) - 14 w, 6 d
    August 2: coffeemom (#2) - 14 w, 3 d
    August 5: mrsgiraffe (#1) - 14 w, 0 d
    August 8: mrschickpea (#1 ) - 13 w, 4 d
    August 11: silva (#2 ) - 13 w, 1 d
    August 11: coopsmama (#3) - 13 w, 1 d
    August 11: mrsgiraffe (#1) - 13 w, 1 d
    August 13: glitter (#2) - 12 w, 6 d
    August 13: littlepinkhouses (#2) - 12 w, 6 d
    August 15: gracey19015 (#1) - 12 w, 4 d
    August 16: oldpueblojenn (#2 ) - 12 w, 3 d
    August 16: mrsscb (#1) - 12 w, 3 d
    August 16: T.H.O.U. (#3) - 12 w, 3 d
    August 18: jojogirl (#2 ) - 12 w, 1 d
    August 18: pwnstar (#2) - 12 w, 1 d
    August 19: stratosphere (#2 ) - 12 w, 0 d
    August 20: agold (#1) - 11 w, 6 d
    August 21: zbug (#2) - 11 w, 5 d
    August 22: shootingstar (#2 ) - 11 w, 4 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1) - 11 w, 1 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1) - 10 w, 5 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2) - 10 w, 4 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2) - 10 w, 3 d

13. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Cool to see it written out like that. Looks like it must have taken a long time to figure that all out!

14. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@T.H.O.U.: wow, thanks!

15. T.H.O.U.

@Silva: @pregnantbee: Thanks, its a formula, so I can keep it updated throughout.

16. T.H.O.U.

Question for the group - are there any special baby keepsakes or gear that you are really set on?

I am really loving the idea of a baby bundle package from FreshlyPicked - http://freshlypicked.com/collections/baby-bundles

17. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Sold. I'd love for you to keep it up. Also, I've seen in other groups where they post how far along at the bottom of each post as an easy way for others to remember. I like that idea, too.

14w6d

18. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Haven't really thought about anything yet. One of the things that is most special to me from my son's newborn days is a 3D mold of his tiny foot -- my dad did that for us, and I adore it. I'd also love to splurge this time on great newborn photos since I didn't have them done last time, and I still regret it.

19. T.H.O.U.

@pregnantbee: Yes, I think I want to do a 0,3,6,9,12 package set. There is a guy that does them in home thats reasonably priced. Its an hour with whatever shots you want, so doing a few with all three kids would be great!

20. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

We are having a BOY!!!

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

21. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@pwnstar: AAAHHHHH!!!!! Congratulations! I love being a boy mom! And you just tied up the group

22. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@pwnstar: congratulations!!!

23. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Very cool, thanks!

@pwnstar: Congrats on your BOY, so exciting!!

Raise your hand if you're excited it's the weekend! Is everyone watching the Super Bowl? We're going to our friends' house to watch (aka, eat lots of food for me haha). Hopefully will be our last event before we tell everyone about the baby, because I am dying to do that!

24. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@JoJoGirl: fingers crossed for a similar one week result!

25. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: I'm excited it's the weekend! Sometimes I have to work a weekend day, but I'm off this whole weekend. Still struggling to figure out what to make for the SB party we're going to. The problem for me is that not too many things sound appealing for me to eat, so I can't imagine preparing them..... Will try to food shop as early tomorrow morning as I can! Are you going to a party?

26. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@pwnstar: oh my gosh. Yay!!!

27. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pregnantbee: Yes, and I also still haven't decided for sure what to make! Still leaning toward the onion dip because it seems easy and I'm super lazy. And also I want to eat it

Wow, I just realized how much else I missed today! It was a super busy day at work and I am just now sitting down and catching my breath, haha.

@dcw6411: I think I've noticed the same, though it's hard to tell for sure. They're definitely still bigger, but I think not busting over the top of my bra quiiiiite as much... My assumption is just hormone weirdness, especially approaching the second tri.

@pwnstar: I think one of my friends will be an "I knew it" type, but to be fair she probably does know... I haven't been drinking the last several times I've seen her and I won't be at her super bowl party (dead giveaway -- with sports, I basically come for the beer ;-)) So I'm expecting an "I knew it" but it won't be annoying from her at least!

@Silva: You look so cute!!

28. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: I'm leaning toward maybe potato skins bc they sound awesome! Haven't decided how much effort I want to put in! I do owe more than chips and salsa to the hosts, though

29. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@pwnstar: boys rock! Yay!!

30. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@pregnantbee: That sounds good to me -- I have been really into potatoes recently. Last night I had leftover thai food and a baked potato on the side because I just really wanted one!

31. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@LCTBQE: Lol, I peek at the groups ahead of us and silent wail that I am not where they are so it is all good my friend!!

32. dcw6411

apricot / 382 posts

@pregnantbee: Ooo potatoes skins, yummy!! Must have some!

33. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@dcw6411: I've never made them before but it's the only thing from the suggestions that sounds appealing. I think it would be fairly easy, and the oven would do most of the work!

34. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pwnstar: yayayay!! Congrats!!!

@MrsSCB: soooooo happy it's the weekend! And psyched for the super bowl! We are gonna watch at home but I'm hoping we can make lots of yummy snacks!

35. T.H.O.U.

@pwnstar: congratulations! 👔

No plans here for the weekend. General house cleaning and kid stuff. Two kids really takes it out of us and being busy during the week we like to rest.

36. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@MrsSCB: Well we're on vacation, so it's like a 10 day weekend 😝. We're in FL visiting my parents. On one hand I'm glad we missed the big east coast storm, but on the other hand, it's only in the low 60s here, which means no pool and no beach 😕.

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Edited to add @pwnstar: 's BOY!

August Mamas

July 30: dcw6411 (#3 ) - 14 w, 6 d
    July 30: pregnantbee (#2 ) - 14 w, 6 d
    August 2: coffeemom (#2) - 14 w, 3 d
    August 5: mrsgiraffe (#1) - 14 w, 0 d
    August 8: mrschickpea (#1 ) - 13 w, 4 d
    August 11: silva (#2 ) - 13 w, 1 d
    August 11: coopsmama (#3) - 13 w, 1 d
    August 11: mrsgiraffe (#1) - 13 w, 1 d
    August 13: glitter (#2) - 12 w, 6 d
    August 13: littlepinkhouses (#2) - 12 w, 6 d
    August 15: gracey19015 (#1) - 12 w, 4 d
    August 16: oldpueblojenn (#2 ) - 12 w, 3 d
    August 16: mrsscb (#1) - 12 w, 3 d
    August 16: T.H.O.U. (#3) - 12 w, 3 d
    August 18: jojogirl (#2 ) - 12 w, 1 d
    August 18: pwnstar (#2 ) - 12 w, 1 d
    August 19: stratosphere (#2 ) - 12 w, 0 d
    August 20: agold (#1) - 11 w, 6 d
    August 21: zbug (#2) - 11 w, 5 d
    August 22: shootingstar (#2 ) - 11 w, 4 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1) - 11 w, 1 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1) - 10 w, 5 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2) - 10 w, 4 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2) - 10 w, 3 d

38. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@ShootingStar: Yay for vacation! Boo for not quite warm enough beach/pool weather. I hope you get some downtime

39. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@ShootingStar: aww bummer! But vacation is great regardless! We're headed to Florida in a few weeks!

so we told my parents and they were beyond excited! I am so so happy that they know now - I so hate keeping things from them but they asked me not to tell them too early.

40. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Pirouette: Hooray for telling your parents! I'm glad it went well. Feels so much better being "out," right??

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee