Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pregnantbee: such a relief! We also told lo and she was running around saying "baby sister is growing in mommy's belllyyyyyy!" It was too cute. Someone is going to have major gender disappointment if it's a boy.

2. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Pirouette: Awwwwww so sweet. She'll get used to it if needed.

3. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pregnantbee: haha yea, but since I'm also convinced it's a girl, she might just be right!

4. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@pwnstar: AWESOMMEEEEEEEEE!!! your other LO is a girl, right? wonderful news, congratulations!
    PS feels like just a few days ago that you were saying your period came on the POAS board that I was "cheerleading but sitting out" on

5. mrschickpea

clementine / 928 posts

@pwnstar: oh my goodness, congrats!!

6. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Pirouette: my daughter continues to insist it's a girl, to the point of getting angry when we try to remind her it could be a boy. She never watches tv but she was sick this week so I let her watch Stella and Sam, which is about a big sister/little brother- thinking that might help her. Nope. She is still like "NO. It's a girl."
    And she's decided the nickname is birdie.

7. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Pirouette: @dcw6411: @MrsSCB: @pregnantbee: @silva: @ZBug: @T.H.O.U.: @LCTBQE: @mrschickpea: Thanks lovelies! 💙

@LCTBQE: Inorite?! The last six weeks have been such a whirlwind! LO is a girl, yes! I am so stunned that LO2 is a boy. You'd think with a 50/50 shot I wouldn't be this surprised! We're excited to find out just how much fun little boys can be!

8. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

Haha I think I'm having a girl (and so does my nurse practioner), but DD says she wants a brother. We'll see!

9. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Silva: haha birdie! Too cute. I don't know if anything would convince her at this point that it's not a girl, but I'll hold off on fighting that fight unless I have to

@Zbug: interesting that your nurse practitioner weighed in! Was it based on hr? This baby's heart rate was 171, which made me think even more towards girl. I cant remember my daughter's in my first tri, I want to say low 160s

10. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@pwnstar: I was SO surprised I'm having a girl this time. I thought for sure it was another boy because I feel exactly the same!

11. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@Pirouette: Yes, based on heart rate of 170. I've read though that any correlation between high heart rates and girl isn't seen until later in pregnancy, but who knows! Hopefully, we will find out next week.

12. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

Has anyone started feeling baby move yet? I felt DD around 15/16 weeks, but I've heard you often feel subsequent kiddos earlier. I'm almost 12 weeks and thought I briefly felt a flutter this week, but it was probably just my imagination.

13. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@pregnantbee: I do too! I feel the same, am putting weight on the same . . . I am so surprised! And a little nervous, too. I know that all babies are different, but changing the sex makes it feel like such a HUGE difference to me.

@Zbug: Haven't felt any movement yet (at 12.5 weeks). With LO, I was positive I felt her move at 18.5 weeks, although I realized then that I had felt her before but just didn't realize it. I'm not sure how much earlier I might feel this baby . . . maybe 16/17 weeks?! It's so hard to know--Definitely something I am looking forward to!

14. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Zbug: I'm so early (13 weeks) that I keep dismissing it, but for a few days now I keep wondering if I'm feeling flutters. Just at night when I am in bed and focus on it. I felt my daughter move at 18 weeks, but I'm sure it will be sooner is time because last time my husband could feel her by 20 weeks, so obviously I didn't notice until it was pretty strong.

15. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Zbug: I don't feel any movement yet at 15w. I don't think I had an anterior placenta last time, and maybe I really didn't know what to look for, but I didn't feel DS for sure until maybe 22-23w? I'm hoping I can figure it out sooner this time!

16. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

I have my NT scan tomorrow and I am SO nervous about it! I feel great, but for some reason I keep thinking something might be wrong. At least it's first thing in the morning (7:40 a.m.)

17. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@MrsSCB: good luck! I go tomorrow at 9:30.

Does anyone know the window of time after the NT scan you have to get the blood work done? I have to go to a blood lab (not in office) and I just realized DH is OOT all next week and getting in for blood work is going to be really hard. If I wait a full week is that bad?

18. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Thank you, and you, too! I don't know for sure if the time between the scan itself and the bloodwork matters, but my guess would be not really since they're both looking at different things? How far along will you be if you wait a week to do the bloodwork? The only thing I have been told is that NT scan needs to be done before 14 weeks, and I'm not sure whether that also applies to getting the blood taken.

19. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@MrsSCB: I totally understand how you feel...I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning! Everything will be great

@T.H.O.U.: good luck to you too tomorrow! I can't see why it would matter - I think the only reason there is a time requirement for the nt is because of the measurements, but it wouldn't hurt to call your doc in the am just to make sure.

20. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: Will be thinking of you.

21. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: No idea about blood work. I got my first round blood taken around 11w, scan at 12w. Now I need to get second round blood work after 15w.

22. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsSCB: @T.H.O.U.: I will be think of you tomorrow! I was pretty terrified going into my CVS, and finally sighed a huge sigh of relief when I saw him kick around a bit! It's going to go beautifully! 💗💗💗

23. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Pirouette: @pregnantbee: @pwnstar: Thank you, ladies

24. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@MrsSCB: hope it goes well tomorrow!

I have an appointment in the morning, too, but it's a regular quick prenatal. I'm glad I have it because I've had an awful cold for a week now, with a weird ear thing going on for longer than that. I'm beginning to suspect some kind of sinus or ear infection because I just can't seem to get better, and have this weird pressure. Plus I can hear my pulse whooshing in my ear ALL the time and it's super annoying.

25. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Silva: thanks, and I hope they can help you out with your cold. It does sound like it could be some kind of ear infection, with the pressure you describe. I hope you start feeling better!

26. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@MrsSCB: @T.H.O.U.: good luck to both of you tomorrow! very hopeful you get some reassuring news, and thank goodness it's so early in the morning. my NT is on Wednesday, realized I mis-dated it in our last appointment roster. it could not get here fast enough.

27. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@Silva: how annoying--sounds pretty sinus-infection-y, although I've also gotten some intermittent clogged ears that I read are pregnancy related. are antibiotics for stuff like that safe to take?

28. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

Good luck to all you ladies with appointments tomorrow!

Anyone one both relieved and nervous to be feeling better? I'm 12 weeks today and have definitely been less nauseous and tired the last two days. It's nice, and I know also normal at this time, but I sort of liked the nausea assuring me everything was ok. I'm crazy.

29. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Silva: yes I believe there are some safe antibiotics and some safe allergy meds

30. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

I got a fever again this evening so I called. Over the phone they are still thinking viral, so just told me to keep my temp down with Tylenol and to stay hydrated. Saline nasal spray, that kind of thing.
    My husband and I both spent the next hour reading studies linking fever during pregnancy and autism, but came out the other side not feeling worried yet (in those studies it was un managed fevers lasting a week). Insert crazy person emoji.

31. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@Silva: I'm sorry. I would say stay away from google, but I'm crazy too. I'm sure you have nothing to worry abt, and I hope you feel better soon!

32. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Silva: I'm sorry! I hope you feel better and that you don't give those studies another thought. Dr. Google is such a, in the words of Bridget Jones, *jellyfish.* ((hugs))

33. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@T.H.O.U.: OMG squee sometimes I hate the Internet. Those bundles are adorable!

34. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

Appointment went well! Baby was moving around, heart rate 165. The nuchal fold measurement was in the normal range, so now we wait for blood work results. So far, so good! ETA: and waving baby photo

35. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@MrsSCB: yay for great US and NT info.

36. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@MrsSCB: *waves back* hi baby!!! yay for an awesome u/s! remind me, are you seeing the new doctor today too? I can't keep track with all the appts you made/changed haha.

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsSCB: Hooray! Hi, cutie! So glad it went well.

38. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@MrsKerch: @Pirouette: @pregnantbee: Thank you! It's so cool how different the baby looks from the last time.

@Pirouette: Yes, I meet the new doctor today! Hopefully all goes well with that. And I also hope I don't have to wait as long... My appointment was 30 minutes late this morning, even though it was at 7:40 in the morning. That was a bit frustrating!

39. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@MrsSCB: Hello lovely! So so glad everything went well!

40. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@MrsSCB: Wonderful! I'm glad it went so well and that you were able to see your sweet bubs!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee