Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: yay! It's a reassuring to get those good results!

@Revel: fingers crossed for a good appointment! I was struggling with wanting to keep it a secret too but I'm glad we told.

I had an appointment yesterday and all is good, fundal height was a few days ahead and heart beat was perfect! The 14 week appointment is pretty boring though! Next step is anatomy scan though!

2. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

Is the NT scan an abdominal or vaginal ultrasound?

3. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Am I the only one who thinks telling people in person is super awkward? I never know how to bring it up. I was really glad I got the email saying we were having a boy while we were still at music class, so it just sort of came out in the excitement without me having to think about it.

4. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: mine was abdominal, but they told me to have a "comfortably full" bladder. And I brought juice, which I needed, to get baby moving so we could get the images needed. I got to pee after the ultrasound before seeing the doctor and the blood draw.

5. Mrs. Pickle

@Mrs. Microscope: thanks! I'm ready to be done with vaginal ultrasounds!

6. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Revel: This is exactly how I feel! I did "pull the bandaid off" and announced on FB last night, which is good because I also feel the same as @Torchwood: that I hate having to awkwardly tell people in person I'm glad it's out in the open now.

@Mrs. Pickle: My NT was abdominal as well. I didn't drink extra fluids (wasn't instructed to, though) and everything turned out fine.

7. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Anyone getting a real bump yet? Mine seems to come and go - bigger after dinner but I can't suck it in much either. I do think I could feel the outline of my uterus while laying in bad after waking up this AM though!

8. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@peachykeen: @Torchwood: I HATE announcing in person and avoid it whenever possible l. I try to use text or make my husband do it, neither of which works for my boss and my daughter unfortunately. It always feels like I'm talking about my sex life....

I think I am maybe getting a little bump? Not sure - i thought it would seem so obvious this second time but I don't feel that different or that much larger than from pregnancy #1 other than I am starting like 5 lbs heavier.

9. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@peachykeen: sometimes at night, yes. But daytime, nope. Just thicker. Up one belt loop. Today I put on a t-shirt that was suddenly tight around my middle and looked like crap. So stuff isn't fitting right anymore.... Probably 2 weeks out from maternity. I hate feeling so frumpy and chunky. I don't mind the cute baby bump and flattering maternity clothes, but this in between stage sucks.

10. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@peachykeen: for sure! granted I started this pregnancy overweight.....but my mid section is definitely starting to fill out. I can definitely feel the outline of my uterus too! I can't wait to feel kicks! I'm getting soooo anxious. I feel like I may have felt a few flutters off and on, but not enough that I can pin point it

11. Mrs. Pickle

@peachykeen: I've got a little bump. It's much bigger at night than in the morning. I can't wear regular pants anymore. People that know me can tell it's a baby bump, but I'm sure strangers would just think I carry extra weight in my stomach.

12. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Revel: Do you want to share some names or style of names you're thinking? We can help with ideas!!

I have a bump - like, if I'm wearing a tighter shirt, there's no denying what's going on under there.

13. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

We started taking our weekly photos last weekend. Here's the bump at 15 weeks.

14. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@littlejoy: you look great! No mistaking it!

My appointment went well, heartbeat at 154 on the doppler and they confirmed we read the NIPT results correctly and are having a boy! Next up is the additional bloodwork for the other genetic testing, spina bifida/ neural tube as I understand, and then anatomy scan at 20 weeks.

I also told my boss! Went very well and he's very supportive so that's good. As expected but still a weight off my mind.

15. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@littlejoy: how cute are you!? You actually look pregnant!

@Revel: woo woo for a good appointment! They took my blood for the neural tube stuff yesterday too, that plus Verifi and required std testing resulted in 6 tubes taken. I think I have a finger prick one at 20 weeks, then the gd test at 28wks. Then nothing until IV at delivery.

16. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Thank you!! @Revel: xo!!

@Mrs. Microscope: 6 tubes!! Yeah, I'm ready to be done with the poking. I am not looking forward to the GD test. I hated it last time. What's the finger prick at 20 weeks? I have another round of full blood work that has to be done by 35 weeks. I work with a home birth group, and they are sticklers about ensuring blood counts are high enough for home birth.

17. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@littlejoy: yeah, cbc is important to know for birth, but with a hospital birth they can just tap the IV port and grab a sample when you check in, no additional poking! Glad your midwives are on top of that! I think the finger poke is the quad screen, or something similar. I dunno, I just remember it from last time, because it hurts so bad, and my finger didn't heal for 3 weeks. They poked my finger, then smeared the blood on a card in 4 little circles.

18. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@littlejoy: super interesting! I don't recall late 3rd tri bloodwork but it must be like @Mrs. Microscope: said in that they just take it when you arrive at the hospital to deliver in a non-home birth. I know thats how they found out my platelets were too low for an epidural with my first delivery.

@littlejoy: for names the one we've been kicking around is Cyrus, which we both like, although our parents do not! Ultimately I don't care about their opinions though. I tend to like something less common than the usual William/Sam etc., but nothing too out there. I don't care for the newer -den trend in names (Braden/Jaden type) and want something that is at least 2 syllables because our last name is a single syllable. So! I'd love any ideas out there

19. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Revel: One reason they do the bloodwork ahead of time, is that in case of transfer (which would likely be because of an emergency that they aren't able to mitigate at home), there just wouldn't be time for a blood draw at the hospital. They have all of my paperwork at my birth, so if I had to transfer, all of my info is ready to go.

I knew a kid named Cyrus when I was growing up ... he was COOL. Like, the first person I ever remember being cool, haha. We have a lot of the same name preferences!

20. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@littlejoy: What a cute little baby bump!

So many people told me I would be showing much sooner so I'm surprised to be able to mostly hide it at almost 15 weeks.

21. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

Do we want to share bumps here or in a new thread? I vote here, but that's because I'm lazy!

22. Mrs. Pickle

@littlejoy: here is fine with me!

23. Mrs. Pickle

12.5 weeks. I'm going to start taking good weekly bump photos this weekend.

24. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: So cute! I love that top, too!!

25. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Now I'm super curious what the ginger prick is for, because I've never had that. You have to ask for us! And good info on the blood testing from the IV. I have access to my records (they have an app, which is amazing), and I noticed there were results from a ton of tests while I was in the hospital but I had no memory of being tested. That explains it!

Definite bump here. It's noticeably larger after a big meal, but I've been in maternity clothes for comfort for a while, and it's too the point now I have to have them. Though some of the pants still aren't tight enough. I hate this in between fitting in clothes stage. ETA- And I can definitely feel how high my uterus has gotten, which seems simultaneously weird because it seems so early and because it seems so low compared to what I got used to last time. But one of the few benefits of all the BH's I have is that I can tell exactly where my uterus is.

26. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: if I have it again, I will be sure to ask, and I'll report back!

And here is my I look chunky, not pregnant 13 week photo. I look like I've gained 10lbs, not 3. ETA: looking again, I am a chunk tube! Looks more like 20lbs than 3!

27. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

Had my 14 week apt today---pretty boring, but everything was good. HB was 160. We scheduled an elective ultrasound March 4th to find out gender so looking forward to that!!

28. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

You guys all look great! I like having the bumps here on this thread, i think it is easier to follow just one!

We told my daughter last night! She was sweet and hugged me a lot but was only moderately interested, then said it was not OK that it is a boy, haha. Then back to playing. She brought it up again this morning, talking about feeding, so I think she will ultimately be excited and positive about the whole thing in the end.

Def seems more real now that we've told her, some more family, and my work.

29. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

So many cute bumps! I need to start taking pictures but I think I look more chubby than pregnant lately I think I started to show around 17-18 weeks with DD1, so maybe soon!

30. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

Had my NT scan yesterday and to my surprise, the tech offered to guess the gender early. She thinks girl. I sort of wish she'd say boy so I don't get my hopes up! We'd love one of each.

31. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@coddergirl: Our tech guessed girl too, but DH reminded me that it's still a very big guess at that stage, because the genitalia looks almost identical (and the nub theory is still just a theory). You could totally find out it's a boy at your anatomy scan.

32. Mrs. Pickle

My NT scan went great! Baby girl was very active.

33. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: Awww!!! What a great picture!!!

34. Lilac

coffee bean / 25 posts

Hi ladies! I have been following this board for awhile and finally decided to join in on the fun!
    EDD: August 14th
    First child? Yes! Did nipt recently and it's a boy!
    Any symptoms? Symptoms are finally feeling like they're almost under control now that I'm in the 2nd tri. I think my bump started to make a little appearance as of a week or two ago.
    Who have you told? Close family and friends. Haven't posted anything online yet though.
    Current thoughts/feelings/fears? My husband and I are super excited! We had an early loss back in the fall, so have been cautious this time around but so far, all appointments have gone great. Feeling like we have lots to learn as first time parents!

35. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: That's an awesome picture - wish mine ever look that good! Glad the scan went so well!

@Lilac: Welcome! Glad to add another boy to our list!

36. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

July 29 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 2 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2), LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2) , Sunset840 (#2)
    Aug 14 - Lilac (#1)
    Aug 15 - Mrs. Blue (#4)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3), SapphireSun (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2) , sparklemama (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2), MrsBrewer (#2)
    Aug 21 - Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 22 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2) , PhillyDogLover (#1), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    Aug 30 - sojellybean (#2), Lmpeavley (#1)

Appts:
    Feb 23 - LittleJoy
    Feb 24 - Mrs. Pickle, PeachyKeen
    Mar 2 - Pmerr
    Mar 3 - PeachyKeen
    Mar 4 - MommySLP
    Mar 6 - Mrs. Brewer
    Mar 10 - LittleJoy (anatomy scan)

37. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

I need to get DH to take a better picture but here is my tiny bump at 15 weeks even. Hoping it gets to be a little more defined soon - right now I just look like I ate too many cookies!

38. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@Lilac: Welcome to posting!! I followed for a while before joining in and I'm still getting used to not just lurking.

Not much to update here, everyone had the worst congestion/ sinus colds this week so that was no fun. Here's my tiny morning bump at 12+3. It's not nearly as nice looking all bloated in the evening

39. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@sojellybean: ah, your bump is IDENTICAL to my bump now at 13w3d! I'm just happy it's turning into more bump than bloat!

40. Lilac

coffee bean / 25 posts

@peachykeen: thanks!! happy to add another boy to the board!
    @sojellybean: thank you! 😉

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee