Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Torchwood: Woohoo - congrats! Do you have to take the regular glucose test again at the usual time (26-28 weeks I think?) or are you set for the whole pregnancy now?

2. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@peachykeen: I still have to take it again. I passed the early screening last time and still developed it later, boo. But avoiding a couple months of finger pricks and trying to balance my carb intake is great!

3. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: so glad you passed! Hopefully you pass again in a few weeks!

4. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Bathtime for DD selfie! 17+5

5. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

I truly think unless you're going crazy eating a bunch of junk that your body knows what it needs as far as weight gain. I wouldn't stress over it as long as your getting nutritious foods.

I'm having the opposite issue right now. I have been so freaking sick the last month, that I've lost almost 10 lbs. in 4 weeks. I'm trying to eat, but I either have no appetite or I'm coughing until I throw up. I went back to the dr today, & got a shot and different round of antibiotics to try to knock whatever I have. They decided it was worth getting chest x-rays (my OB cleared it) to make sure there was no pneumonia, which was thankfully all clear. I'm really hoping the shot, etc. will help me round the corner.

6. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Mrs. Blue: man, hope you feel better! That sounds miserable, especially with how busy you are and being pregnant! There are lots of nasty things going around right now!

7. Mrs. Blue

@MommySLP: this winter has been awful here for everyone. My dr is a friend of mine and her littlest just had flu A & B, then bronchitis, and pneumonia. 😳 So, I feel like at least I'm not that bad!

8. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Had a good appointment today. HB sounded strong. Had blood drawn for spinal defects detection. Anatomy scan is April 14.

9. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

Anyone else already starting to feel uncomfortable? My hips are already starting to hurt & I just feel uncomfortable all over! I just want to live in pajama pants so nothing touches my stomach. Not good news for being only 18 weeks. Pregnancy #3 is so much harder on my body!!! I'm going to call the chiropractor & see if that helps.

10. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@MommySLP: I do pretty good until the end of the day. I had one day of pretty terrible round ligament pain but generally I'm good until my ribs start hurting around dinner time and just general soreness as well. I'm a little worried because I'm not even that big yet...

ETA: the having stuff (pants/underwear band) on my stomach thing has gotten a lot better this past week, so maybe there's hope for you!

11. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MommySLP: I am starting to get some shooting pains from hips down my butt, as well ad some bad back pain if I'm on my feet too long, so yeah, I need to get in to the chiropractor soon! It helped so much last time, and I love my chiropractor, she only does pregnant women. I don't ever see one when not pregnant, but I think it helps with the skeletal positioning for labor and making me not feel like crap during pregnancy. and I get massages monthly too, and will increase them as I get further along to aid in muscle tightness. It's so worth it!

I am in full panel maternity pants, it s the only thing I can stand on my little bump. I'll have to post a bump pic soon, since I finally have one at 17 weeks!

12. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MommySLP: Definitely feeling like I'm getting uncomfortable way earlier this time. Mine's mostly feeling like I can't get a deep breath unless I'm in exactly the right position when I'm standing up. I wound up using a maternity belt for that last time, but it was nowhere close to this early!

13. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@peachykeen: @Mrs. Microscope: @Torchwood: mine is definitely at the end of the day and we were really busy yesterday so I think I just over did it. I need to remind myself to take breaks but this is definitely happening much sooner than it did with my other pregnancies.

14. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@MommySLP: Yes! The round ligament & hip pain is getting bad already! Definitely didn't happen this soon last time. I feel like an old lady walking around or sitting/standing.

15. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

are there any questions I should be asking at my anatomy scan on Thursday, besides gender stuff. I've been through this before with my first and I can't remember.

16. Mrs. Blue

@sunset840: They've always done a good job of talking through what they are seeing/looking for in each of my anatomy scans, so I don't think I've ever really had to ask questions. My biggest concerns are always heart, kidney function, proper brain formation/correct fluid amounts, but that's probably just because those are more on my radar due to things other people I know have had issues with.

17. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@sunset840: I don't think you need to ask anything (unless you have cause for a very specific issue). They are very thorough.

18. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@sunset840: You might want to be sure and ask for a few good pictures to keep. I know some people have complained they didn't get any or they didn't take any good shots.

19. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Definitely feel you all on the earlier discomfort! I'm having a lot of pressure, disconcerting but it seems to come on more as the day goes on and then fade overnight so I'm guessing it's growing pains. I've been kind of obsessing about pre term labor though so I did call my midwives - they seem mostly unconcerned but may get me in for a check.

Anyone feeling similar? I'll be 18 weeks on Friday. I thought I'd have less of these worries the second time around!

20. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

Count me in on the already miserable club. I feel like I am huge already, I am winded after walking up the stairs and my hips and pelvis hurt! I broke out the support belt already too. I am going to look amazing in Hawaii, compression hose and a support belt look fabulous under clothes...

I am loving the baby wiggles though and my husband could feel her for the first time last night, it's like close to a month sooner than it was with my daughter!

My best friend is due Friday so I am on baby watch over here, I am really excited to meet the new baby.

21. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Revel: I'm also having pressure. I'm wondering about a prolapse because of the way things look down there so I'm going to ask to be checked at my next appointment.

22. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: interesting. I haven't taken a look, and would say mine is more lower abdomen/low back pressure. I did have a 4th degree tear and some pelvic floor PT after my first so I could totally see a connection to all those muscles/prolapse.

I am actually seeing my midwives tomorrow to get checked out, just for piece of mind. I leave on a short trip on Saturday so don't want to worry about it and /or, knock wood, be dealing with an actual situation far from home.

23. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

All was normal at my check this morning! Midwives seem to echo the conventional wisdom that you just feel more "stuff" the second time around.

Also I was 3 lbs lighter than I was 8 days ago, bodies are crazy !

24. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@Cole: Hawaii?! Have a fun trip, I bet being in the water will feel amazing.

At 17 weeks I'm still hiding out in regular clothes but my belly is nice and itchy so I'm guessing getting ready to pop. I still haven't felt anything but didn't until 19 weeks with DD. Wondering if it's an anterior placenta?

Starting to research doulas and placenta encapsulation. I'm 100% sold on the latter, but not sure about a doula yet. Any thoughts?

25. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@sojellybean: My doula wasn't able to get there in time (she wound up sitting in the waiting room with my mom though, and was really helpful for her) since it was preterm labor and crazy fast. But just having her there after to talk to and work through a bit of all the crazy feelings was really nice. And the follow up visit was good. I'm definitely getting one again, just hopefully this time I'll actually be able to have her there!

26. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@sojellybean: I so t know much about placenta encapsulation, except that it is not for me. But I loved my doula the first time, and will have one again this time. First pregnancy I hired a doula team, and one was there for labor. This time I'm having the partner there (my original doula has a new job). Worth every penny!

27. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@Torchwood: @Mrs. Microscope: Thanks! I am on the fence just in case I end up with a repeat section, but it sounds like it would be very helpful to have after delivery, no matter what kind it is. I think I really could have benefited from having an extra person for support the first time around.

28. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@sojellybean: I've also decided to hire a doula after not having used one the first time. I had an amazing nurse for my induction with LO 1 but I realized by that experience that I could have had a bad time with the wrong nurse, so i really wanted an extra support person this time.

We found someone relatively new to the profession but whose credentials we like and her rate is about half what more experienced doulas charge around here. Probably not for everyone but could be worth looking into if you're on the fence about spending the money. I def was but with this good rate we are getting I'm psyched!

29. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@sojellybean: wait, afterwards? Like a postpartum doula? Because that's different. I only had a labor and delivery doula, and she left about 2 hours after delivery. She was available by phone /email afterwards, and did a one week check in, but was not at my house cooking and cleaning and being a baby nurse like a postpartum doula.

30. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Oh, I meant right after delivery. I think my mom is coming to help out at home, she just won't be able to be there for labor/delivery.

31. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I forgot about postpartum doulas! That could be a huge help. DH came home the other day basically ready to call his company right that second and insist he be allowed to step down from his current position. He's just miserable right now. But if he does we'd almost certainly get moved, which means no family close by to help out when the baby comes. (Right now my mom is 20 minutes away and already saving her vacation time to be here as much as we need.) It won't help with the fact that two is just an overwhelming thought without family around (I honestly might not have gotten pregnant again if I hadn't thought we would definitely be here at least another year or two), but at least a postpartum doula could make me less stressed those first few weeks.

32. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@sojellybean: @Torchwood: I totally started searching for postpartum doula now. Prices aren't bad! We don't have any family nearby, so having a couple hours of help a few times a week for the first month might be great!

33. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

I'd really love to get a pp doula but it will be a hard sell for my husband. He thinks his mom can fill that gap, I on the other hand, vehemently disagree because she has to stay with us and I'm a major introvert.

I'm skipping encapsulation because a friend did it and said the smell was so strong she couldn't take the pills and I have major smell issues. I didn't have a doula with my first and I'm glad but mostly because it's so much money and my labor was so fast we wouldn't have used her. This time I won't hire one but my midwife said something about one being part of her team but she was still working on hiring one so I need to figure out what the scoop is.

34. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

We won't be doing doula or encapsulation....we didn't the first time around, and the encapsulation is gross to us.

35. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I really wish we could afford a doula for this birth, I really want to have one, but I just don't have the extra $500-750 sitting around to pay for one honestly. There aren't many in our area either.

36. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

It feels like the baby is vibrating inside of me! So weird. I'm glad to be at the stage of feeling movement every day.

No doula and no encapsulation here. I've never found any real science behind consuming your placenta.

I have an OB appointment on Wednesday and my anatomy scan with my MFM next Monday (4/3). It's going to be an exciting week! I can't wait to see the baby and see how much she's grown.

37. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

38. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

@SUNSET840 - he is already so cute! what an amazing picture! congrats on another boy.

39. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Good luck to @Torchwood: on your anatomy scan today! Lots of appointment updates this week (can't believe we're all about halfway through!) - let me know if I missed yours

July 29 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 2 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2), LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2) , Sunset840 (#2)
    Aug 14 - Lilac (#1)
    Aug 15 - Mrs. Blue (#4)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3) , SapphireSun (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2) , sparklemama (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2) , MrsBrewer (#2)
    Aug 21 - Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 22 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2) , PhillyDogLover (#1), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    Aug 30 - sojellybean (#2), Lmpeavley (#1)

Appts:
    Mar 29 - Mrs. Pickle
    Mar 31 - PeachyKeen (anatomy scan)
    Apr 3 - Mrs. Pickle (anatomy scan)
    Apr 4 - Pmerr, MrsBrewer (anatomy scan)
    Apr 6 - sojellybean (anatomy scan)
    Apr 10 - Torchwood
    Apr 11 - Revel (anatomy scan)
    Apr 12 - MommySLP (anatomy scan)
    Apr 14 - Mrs. Microscope (anatomy scan)

40. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

Anatomy scan went well on Thursday. It's another boy for us! He's laughing at us in this ultrasound because now I'm going to be surrounded by boys forever!
    (had to delete and repost because the other one had personal info on it)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee