Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@peachykeen: Things are going fine! Contractions haven't been an issue since the one episode, just a normal number and nothing to worry about. I still don't know what was up with that time. They have gotten a little more uncomfortable to move during in the last few days. I'm going to ask the midwife tomorrow at my appointment, but I suspect it's just normal for getting bigger. The Zoloft is helping, and we just upped the dosage a little so I'm really optimistic this is a good solution for me. I have my GD screening tomorrow, which I pretty much anticipate failing since I had GD the last two pregnancies. Other than that there's nothing much to report. Just planning the kidlett's second birthday and celebrating every week this little guy stays put!

2. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

It's been forever since I checked in! It's so hard when it's not an app on the phone!!

Everything has been fine for me so far. I passed my glucose test. I had the fruit punch (only had the option of that and orange)-I never minded the flavor. My iron was low, so I'm taking iron supplements. It happened with my first, too.

Got my tdap shot yesterday. I am not swelling yet (I had already started swelling last time by now), and haven't gained as much as last time! So I'm feeling pretty good, other than the regular hip and back aches and pains. Next month I start weekly NSTs, and keep going for my monthly ultrasounds. It's crazy that I have only 2 more ultrasounds til baby is here, and we have just over 2 months left (some a little less, some a little more)!!

3. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

Has anyone looked into pumps yet? I can get another one through my insurance since it's been more than 3 years. I'm looking at getting another Medela, since that's what I have from last time, so I have all the parts. I haven't taken my old one down to see what the last 3 years of sitting has done to it. I can do a freestyle or another PISA (I'd get a different type of bag like the messenger bag, I think).

4. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@pmerr: I got the Spectra this time (per the advice of my LC). People here have mentioned there are adapters to make it work with Medela parts.

5. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Torchwood: glad to see your update!

Reading all these updates, I guess i should expect the tdap at my appointment next week.

@pmerr: I got the Spectra on recommendation from various sources, although I've heard about the issue with parts being harder to get. Hoping like @littlejoy: said I can hack it to work with medela stuff. I have a bunch of ameda/medela bottles from last time, and assuming ill get sets of flanges for one or both the PISA I have and the Spectra. I like to leave one pump at work and keep one pump home, so I plan to use the more effective one at work.

6. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Revel: I still have my pump from last time, and I'm contemplating what I should do with it?? I work at home, so I don't really have a need to have two pumps. I was thinking of donating it, but wondering what I'd do in case my pump broke?

7. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

I was going to see what mine is like. I work outside the home, so I'd definitely be bringing something with me everyday. Last time I EPed, but I don't know what I'll be doing this time. We'll see what baby does. It would be at least nice to have a backup, even if it isn't the greatest, just in case.

8. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@pmerr: @littlejoy: @Revel: I had both a PISA and a Spectra S2 last time and the Spectra blew the PISA out of the water. I didn't like the Spectra breast shields so I successfully hacked it to use Medela parts. The only downside is I'm sure it voids the warranty, but it was worth it to me and worked great.

In searching for the tutorial I used to modify it, I found this that seems like you wouldn't even need to hack - I'm definitely looking into this more...
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DGEDVUM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B01DGEDVUM&linkCode=as2&tag=pumpingmama-20&linkId=BGGTBQ3AHZ6GH4EK

9. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: Thank you!!

10. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Torchwood: So glad to hear things are going so much better! Stay put, baby!

11. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@peachykeen: Ohhh now I will have to consider this!

12. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

My phone was with Apple for two weeks and I got my replacement back from them last night. I had all my third trimester lab work done last week on Tuesday. I called Thursday and told the receptionist that I had some labwork done and realized my regular phone number wouldn't work if anything was wrong so I needed to give them a temporary number in case anything was up with my labs. I guess she didn't think to check and see if the nurse had already tried to call me, and I didn't ask to talk to the nurse. Anyway, last night when I got my phone set up, I had a voicemail from last Wednesday saying I failed my glucose test and needed to come in last Thurs. or Fri.for the three-hour test to get that done asap. Unfortunately, I'm flying out of town early Friday morning, so I guess I'm going to call as soon as they open and see if I can go in today and do it (I'm fasting just in case). The timing is awful because I have a major work project to finish before I leave tomorrow & I really don't have 4 hours to spend going to the dr or feeling yucky afterwards, plus I feel so guilty for not doing the 3-hour earlier. I've never failed the first one before, but I wouldn't be shocked if I had GD this time. I'm heavier than previous pregnancies, and my last baby was just over 9 lbs.

13. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

Felt cute today and had a scare that required a follow up ultrasound after a routine appointment this morning but all is well. Liam is measuring at 3.5 lbs and his brain and organs are still all in the right spots! Also his head is measuring like a week and a half ahead of schedule so they intend to keep an eye on it somehow. I passed the glucose and he is head down. To celebrate the end of a dramatic morning I got myself a Blizzard...cheers ladies!!

14. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@sunset840: You look cute! Mine's head was measuring a month ahead!!! Glad everything is going well!

15. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

28 weeks today! Hello third trimester.

I had my 28 week appointment yesterday. I'm up 15 pounds so far. I got the Rhogam shot and a prescription for the Tdap. I'll go get that sometime next week. I asked my OB at what point would she schedule a c section due to my placenta previa and she told me to not even worry about it since it's moving and is really close to being out of the way. I think baby girl changes positions frequently because the shape of my bump changes every day. My belly button has definitely popped. DD likes to poke it. 😳

We have a name picked out and I'm about to order some monogrammed stuff, so no going back! I'm not having a shower or sprinkle. I don't need much and my mom and MIL have already bought the majority of the things on my very small list. Right now I'm hunting for a good deal on the double stroller we picked out.

16. Mrs. Pickle

@Mrs. Blue: how did the test go? I hope you passed!

17. Mrs. Pickle

@pmerr: I'm not going to get a new pump. I have an ameda and it still works fine. I pumped and donated another mom last time and when my supply dropped because DD was nearing one she rented a hospital grade Medela for me. That thing was amazing. Huge, but amazing.

18. Mrs. Blue

@Mrs. Pickle: They said I'd probably get results on Monday. It wasn't fun, but I survived!

19. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

I also ordered and received my pump. SpectraS2 otherwise I still haven't done much of anything to prepare in any fashion...I need to get rolling on SOMETHING!

20. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@sunset840: That's one I'm looking at getting! I already have a PISA (not sure how it's working, since it's been over 3 years...) and am deciding between the freestyle and the spectra for my next!

21. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@sunset840: @Mrs. Pickle: You both look great! And matching! I'll join the coral parade (though you can barely see my shorts) - 30 weeks here.

Saw both MFM and OB today - everything is looking good. Baby is head down (finally - I really think she just flipped last night) and 3.5 lbs. Doctor said I could potentially go to 37-38 weeks if I don't develop any other symptoms, so that's encouraging. They'll draw more labs on Monday but I'm feeling pretty good about it. Still on modified bed rest, but I guess it's doing its job.

22. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

31 weeks today (my goodness, it's flying!!) ... Here's a recent bump shot from our visit to the coast.

We're flying this week. Hoping it's as stress free as possible, and that I don't go into labor!

23. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

I'm with @sunset840: and need to get moving on things! I think we're settled on a name and I went through the tub of old baby clothes. I've scheduled maternity/newborn photo shoots and placenta encapsulation. Sounds productive but I feel like so much more needs done. One more out of town trip to a wedding shower and then I'll get down to business. I go every two weeks for appts now and assume I passed the glucose test since no one called. Bump at 28 weeks and still feeling great most days.

24. Mrs. Blue

I passed the 3-hour test, so no GD here! This week is kind of crazy as I am finishing one of my jobs and will be going full-time at the other in another week. Thankfully, we are going on vacation next week. I'm so excited for a break!

I need to get DH to bring baby stuff down from the attic and in from the garage and see what we need, get everything ready, etc. But . . . I really need to get my house good and clean first. Life has been so crazy lately that we have let our house get covered in clutter. I don't even know where I would put baby things at the moment! Yikes.

25. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Passed my gd test, and my cbc is all good, no anemia. No more bloodwork until delivery! Baby is measuring a tad small, but still healthy. As my first was only just over 6lbs, they aren't worried, but we will be careful to measure moving forward.

I sold most of my daughter's girly items today. We kept all pajamas, as well as gender neutral stuff, and we have it all organized. It's ready for a fresh wash in another month, then that's set. I start my mspi diet July 10. I need to schedule newborn photos/dd's 2 year photos. oh, and maybe at least take a mirror selfie of my pregnant belly this time! Can't believe I'm only 9 weeks out. Single digits!

26. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: did your doctor recommend the MSPI diet? Or did you just decide to do it? My first had no symptoms of it & was fine. My second had no symptoms until blood in his stool at 11 weeks. At that point I started MSPI and he was fine; we reintroduced dairy at a year with no problems. I hadn't really thought about doing the diet before this baby--really hoping she doesn't need it!!

27. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MommySLP: I am choosing to do it on my own. It doesn't hurt at all, and since DD got symptoms at 4 weeks old, I feel like better safe than sorry, since it's a 70% recurrence according to some studies. I will do a "baked butter" trial at 3 months old, since that's when DD outgrew hers. Her symptoms were terrible rash and green stool with mucous and blood. But she outgrew it quickly, so little dude will hopefully either not have it and I won't even know, or also be done by 3 months.

By starting 4 weeks before delivery, I'm ensuring that all dairy and soy is out of my system before I start milk production.

28. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Can't believe how far along everyone is! I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow, about to start my appts every 2 weeks.

I've been feeling crappy this week, having terrible SI joint pain on one side. This is a thing that happened last pregnancy and once or twice since then, and it does usually pass, but it's very uncomfortable! I think this might be the end of crossfit workouts for me for this pregnancy - I don't think that's what triggered it but once it's aggravated anything super repetitive usually makes it flare again.

29. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

We are all getting so close now! I'm 29 weeks and some odd days, (I'm definitely not keeping track as closely this time! Oops!) I have been having horrible lower back pain the last 2 days, but other than that it's pretty easy going. I had my 28 weeks appt, and I don't start my every other week appts until 32 weeks since I'm low risk.

30. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@MrsBrewer: I have a pregnancy app this time only to help keep track of how far along I am!

31. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@pmerr: Thank goodness for the apps! I rely on mine too! Toddlers just keep you too busy! I think that's why for me this pregnancy is just flying by!

32. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@MrsBrewer: Yes! I agree!

33. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

so an update from my eventful appointment last week (6/1/17) was they thought I was measuring small, not a ton of weight gain and suspected low fluids. I had the ultrasound that day. Tech said everything was good. Doctor had a three minute follow up with me that everything was good. Flash to today, unexpected call that the doctor more closely reviewed the Ultrasound and I am on the cusp on low fluid levels. Have to go in on Friday to ensure the fluid levels aren't trending downward. Not really sure of what it would mean if they were...does anyone have experience/knowledge with this?

34. Mrs. Pickle

@sunset840: my SIL had low fluid. She had weekly non stress tests and ultrasounds in her third trimester. She was told to drink tons of water. Eventually they will induce if it gets too low. I don't know what "too low" is, but your doctor will be able to tell you that. FWIW my SIL went into labor on her own at 39 weeks.

35. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Checking in for the week!

Little dude is finally head down as we approach 30 weeks, yay!

Gearing up for potty training on DD in 2 weeks. Lots of books and discussion right now. We are going to do Oh Crap method, to the letter, and not give up. She is ready, and we have a full week blocked off without needing to leave the house. She will be 23 months.

What are you ladies up to? Who has appointments this week? We are getting to single digits for weeks left!

36. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

Soo exciting!! I hit 30 weeks over the weekend! I have an appointment this Friday. DS is promoting to the 4s/UPK class this week, so we're excited about that

37. Mrs. Pickle

I'll be 30 weeks on Friday! Yay! 75% done.

I see the OB on Friday and the MFM next Thursday. Maybe I'll finally get all cleared for a vaginal delivery. I'm taking a "what will be will be" approach to the birth. If my placenta doesn't move and if this baby doesn't stop flipping between breech and transverse then I'll have a c section, and that will be ok.

We are going to Chicago this weekend to meet DD's donor family. I'm really excited and nervous. I'm sure it will be an emotional weekend.

DD starts her summer session at preschool tomorrow. She's been off for a month and it's been a little challenging juggling the different childcare options I have on my work days. I've been debating potty training because she will not leave her diaper on once it gets dirty. She's only 20 months old though and not very verbal. She just feels too young. We've been sitting her on the potty twice a day so she gets used to it.

After this weekend life will calm down a bit and I'll be able to get ready for the new baby. We did order our double stroller. DH found a good deal on eBay for a new in box stroller from a small baby store.

38. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Glad to hear everyone is doing well! I'm still spending most of my time sitting on the couch but things have been pretty stable for the first 3 weeks of modified bed rest. My BPs are still great and my protein in urine has increased but that's my only symptom. I see both MFM and OB on Thursday so anxious to check on little one again. She's still very active and I don't remember so many kicks to the cervix from DD1 (I may have blocked it out - who knows) so the regular activity is reassuring

@Mrs. Microscope: @Mrs. Pickle: We (well mainly DH) potty trained DD1 at 23 months using Oh Crap - it went really well and she had very few accidents... until about 2 months ago (so 9 months after successful potty training) when she randomly started having pee accidents again. I think it's new baby-related, but I've also heard from other parents that it's not unusual for this stage in development as well. She's doing better already and rarely has accidents now.

39. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Also DH finally started on the nursery last week and has made awesome progress. I've had it mostly planned out for a few months and we even bought the paint several months ago - just haven't had time to actually do it. I'll have to take some pics once the last few elements go in. Definitely has me feeling a little less stressed and ready for whatever happens!

40. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Ahh good luck on potty training!! I totally thought about it, my DD just turned 2 on the 4th. But I think I'm just going to wait now until after the baby is born. When I took her for her 2 year check up, my Ped even agreed and suggested we wait till after the baby is here just to avoid huge regressions. But I say go for it! especially since you have a week already blocked out for it, and shes ready!! She will do great!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee