Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 POAS

1. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@HappyBaker: I know the feeling! I am 10 dpo and feeling icky and thought "is this morning sickness?!" I honestly don't have high hopes for this month so I will wait until to test is AF is late. I don't want to waste a test.

2. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

Well, not sure how much luck we'll have this month - my husband and I have both come down with something in the last 24 hours and yesterday was our best chance (O day is today, according to my tracker). He lectured for 6 hours yesterday and came home with no voice and a pretty high fever, to me shivering under a blanket nursing tea and feeling sorry for myself - so sex was out of the question, and might be tonight as well depending on how we feel. We hit 0-5, 0-4 and 0-2 so there is a chance but I might consider this a missed cycle so I don't think about it too much in the TWW.

This is all adding more confusion to my brain because I'm disappointed but also really excited cause I've got two girls nights planned in the next month that I won't have to pretend drink for. I really wish we could just get some clarity on what we really want, so we can go hard or give up on TTC. I think after this month I'm officially sick of being on the fence.

3. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

Yesterday I came home from work early due to a terrible headache, developed terrible nausea, nearly passed out and was cold and clammy. Then I got ill and threw up everything I ate. Hours of sleep and some ginger ale and toast and I started to feel a bit better. I realized since my loss, this has happened twice very close to ovulation time. I did find some research saying women can get menstrual migraines around ovulation (less common than right before AF). Wondering if anyone else struggles with this? I have always gotten headaches over the years but have no idea if they were timed close to ovulation as I didn't pay attention.

It also really threw our BD schedule off as last night was a night to try. I'm feeling so optimistic about this month that I'm staying home this morning so we can get a session in and then get back on schedule for tomorrow night. I just don't want to miss what feels like a good chance this month.

4. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@ScarletBegonia: @MrsJBeeG: Oh no sorry you both have been so sick! Hope you are feeling better today!

5. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

I kind of fell off the July boards because it took 23 days post D&C (post 2nd miscarriage in a row, ugh) to ovulate. Timing was pretty bad this cycle because I geared up to ovulate a couple times before it finally happened. We were tired and over BD by the time I actually ovulated. I'm 11 or 12 DPO now, , and feeling like my period will probably start soon. So, on to August!

Cycle Day: 35 post D&C, CD 1 should be in the next couple days.
    TTC Cycle: Started in Feb, but this will only be #5, with 2 of the prior 4 being miscarriages.
    Ovulation Date: Probably right in the middle of August if this cycle is more normal
    POAS Date: Starting at 8dpo, why not?
    Baby #: 2. LO turned 2 in May.

What's up this month: Kitchen sink! Continuing premama, coQ10, vitex, charting, and opks. Planning to have sex as if I'm 17 again.

I need to get a sticky pregnancy by October or seriously consider either waiting to TTC until after I finish my master's program or just not having a 2nd (since I'll be 37 and my partner will be 44 by then).

For Fun: Any good plans for the last month of summer?
    Two vacations planned for the end of the summer!

6. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@sunflowerbee: I had a short luteal phase when I was TTC my LO -- usually 9 days. I started taking vitex & a multi-B supplement. The first full cycle on those it increased to 11 days, then I had one 13 day LP cycle, one 12 day LP cycle, and then I got pregnant with LO.

7. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@YogiBeachWife: Thanks for your response! I'm sorry to hear about your blighted ovum and have read that a short LP can lead to mc's. I hope your RE appointment went well and you're able to get some answers after your fertility testing!

@lilyofthewest: That's very exciting to hear that vitex and a multi-B supplement helped to greatly extend your LP and led to your LO! I'm so sorry to hear of your mc's and I hope August is your month for your sticky pregnancy!

8. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

And this month is over for me before it even started. BFN at 11dpo. Going into month 5.

9. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@Coral: Oh no! When is AF due? Any chance you'll POAS again this month?

10. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@HeartAbandoned: I'm 11 dpo, so not until Saturday. Maybe I am in denial but I am surprisingly ok with it.

11. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@sunflowerbee: just lurking here, but thought I'd chime in. I have a short luteal phase too, I think 6ish days. I took clomid to get pregnant the first two times and vitex with my third. All three times were the first month I took something, so not sure how long my luteal phase would have been. I also took progesterone after ovulation, but progesterone alone didn't do anything for me.

12. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Coral: Sorry

13. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@Coral: so sorry but glad you are ok with it.

14. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@sunflowerbee: I also have a short luteal phase of 7-9 days. With DD I took a vitamin B Complex for a few months which lengthened it by a few days and I got pregnant on month 3. I then had a surprise pregnancy when she was 1 but we lost that little girl at 23 weeks. That was followed by a MC at 10 weeks and I went to an RE. He put me on Progesterone which did wonders for my cycle. It made me Ovulate on CD 13/14 when before I was day 19-21. My luteal phase was lengthened dramatically and I conceived DS after 3 months of P.

15. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@Coral: sorry

I tested today at 10dpo and got a negative. AF is due Sunday or Monday so I'm thinking I'm probably out but will test again when I get back from my trip if not here by Monday.

16. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@HappyBaker: sorry for the negative this morning, but hoping it's just too early! Where are you traveling to? For work or for fun?

AF is due here between Sunday-Tuesday. I'm 8DPO and also tested negative this morning. I'm going to try to wait until Sunday to test again.

17. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@HeartAbandoned: Thanks! Going to visit the in-laws sooo work and fun? Ha

18. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@HappyBaker: that's what I'm doing this weekend too! And feeling glad not to be trying to get in bd which I thought might happen

19. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@bhbee: Ha oh man that would be bad timing!

20. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@Coral: @HappyBaker: @HeartAbandoned: Sorry to hear about all the negative HPTs. Hoping it is just too early for all of you

CD15 and I fell off the SMEP wagon already DH had to work ALL day yesterday, like 7:30am-10pm and our evenings just didn't line up. I'm hoping this isn't the odd month when I actually O at a "normal" time so missing a day doesn't throw things off too much.

21. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

Was feeling so hopeful this month. But now it's Cd 14 and DH is so sick with a cold that today BD can't happen. Only hit CD 9 and 12 this month. Did get a positive with CD 10,11,12 our first month trying so maybe there's still a chance of a positive this month??

22. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

23. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@nanilani: @MrsJBeeG: I'm a big believer in the "it really only takes once" idea because with DS we only BD once in the entire month he was conceived and it was 5 days before my positive OPK! Good luck!!

24. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Cycle Day: 4
    TTC Cycle: 4
    Ovulation Date: CD15ish
    POAS Date: None, I wait.
    Baby #: 2
    What's up this month: Same as always... Except O falls during the week that I'll be on vacation. With my parents. In a house from 1870 and a squeaky bed sooo...
    For Fun: Any good plans for the last month of summer? See above

25. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@HappyBaker: I know. It only took once for DS as well while NTNP (so I have no idea how close to O it may have been), but at the same time we tried several times in my last FW with nothing. It's such a crapshoot. I'm hoping SMEP will stack the deck in our favor this month b/c this will probably be my last "ideal" cycle for a few months due to a major work event next summer that I'd hate to be on mat leave during. I have majorly irregular cycles so I can't predict the start of my FW before I turn an OPK. We wouldn't stop trying next cycle if this one's a bust, but I probably wouldn't feel as pressured to keep up with something like SMEP.

26. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@nanilani: @MrsJBeeG: @HappyBaker: I agree! It only took once with DS. I think it's more of an odds thing about getting a good egg.

27. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@HappyBaker: @Coral: @nanilani: well that makes me smile. I'm not a spring chicken - husband and my trying for kids came later than I wanted in life - I'm hoping there's some good eggs and my hopeful feeling keeps with me during this upcoming the tww crazies.

28. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

Girl, I have the same concerns! I think it's just a numbers thing.

29. Milcke77

apple seed / 1 posts

Cycle Day: 30
    TTC Cycle: sigh... 16
    Ovulation Date: CD18ish later than usual due to cp
    POAS Date: 8/1 bfn, 8/2 bfn
    Baby #: 1
    What's up this month: 1st chemical pregnancy last month, so lots of uncertainty. If bfn sticks, 4th iui
    For Fun: wine CD 1

30. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@Milcke77: welcome to the boards! Sorry it's been such a long road for you. I hope your sticky baby is right around the corner!

31. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@HappyBaker: omg I think I jinxed myself saying I wouldn't have to bd on this trip. My cm started to look more fertile today and I'm thinking we may have to go for it. I'm going to see dh fri and sat nights, then not until Wednesday night. I guess I may buy some opks tomorrow but even if I don't get a positive, seems like we better cover it in case I get one sun-tues. I'm so over trying to time bd! Dh is going to be soooo not into it.

32. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

Just checking in.... Last week ended up being a mess so i might be out. Friday morning, my temp was up and I got the darkest OPK I've ever had, but it still didn't look positive. But then I'm pretty sure i ovulated bc I had the tell tale pain. DH came home for lunch and we BD'ed. Then on Friday night, my daughter was admitted to the children's hospital for a bone infection. She's doing ok and it wasn't an emergency, she just needed iv antibiotics to help clear the infection. So I didn't temp or OPK all weekend and we got discharged on Monday afternoon. Haven't BD'ed since Friday either. I'm crossing my fingers that we got it (BD on O-5, O-3, and O), but I'm not feeling optimistic....

33. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

AF showed up today so I'm joining!

Cycle Day: 1
    TTC Cycle: 2
    Ovulation Date: Usually CD13
    POAS Date: TBD but probably around 8/26
    Baby #: 2
    What's up this month: OPKs and BD every other day or so during fertile week. This is probably our last month TTC because my brother is getting married in Mexico next summer (Zika). We might be able to squeeze in one more cycle but we'll see.
    For Fun: Any good plans for the last month of summer? Nope but we have a trip to San Francisco planned for next month!

34. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@Bernieboo: Glad your daughter is doing better! A similar thing happened to me last cycle when DS landed in the ER at the end of my FW (he's fine now), so DH and I missed out on our last opportunity to try. You still got in a few times, so fx for you!

35. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@skinnycow: Sorry about AF, but welcome to August!

36. Dr. Pepper

apricot / 461 posts

Cycle Day: 2?
    TTC Cycle: 3
    Ovulation Date: No idea
    POAS Date: No idea
    Baby #: 3
    What's up this month: We had a CP last month, which is our 4th pregnancy loss overall. At this point it is par for the course for us. I really wanted a March baby, so we always start trying for Feb/March and have ended up with June 12 and June 14 babies, so I'm predicting a June 13 baby this time. We have had 3 losses now that would have been March babies. This month I will just be peeing on LOTS of OPKs because I have no idea when to expect ovulation.
    For Fun: Any good plans for the last month of summer? I think I am going to Winnipeg in August. And Pyrotechnic Guild International is having its annual convention in my area, so I'm going to go see some AWESOME fireworks.

37. YogiBeachWife

cherry / 128 posts

I think I'm out for this month. You can take my off the list, @HappyBaker. Thanks.

I went in for the first set of labs yesterday. Turns out I have a unruptured follicular cyst on my right ovary. It's pretty big. I won't be O'ing this cycle... I'm currently on CD 23 and my LH surge was on CD 15th. I never got a full positive OPK and now I'm super negative. As soon as AF decides to show up I'll be scheduling my HSG. My ultrasound also showed I had 2 polyps (which could be the cause of my light spotting) and some fluid in the upper part of my uterus. I'll most likely need to get the polyps removed. Will know more once I get the HSG and Sono. Blah Blah Blah. lol Trying to stay positive but it's so damn hard sometimes!!

Good Luck this month.

@HappyBaker: @Coral: Sorry for the negatives. XO

38. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@YogiBeachWife: Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear this news, but hopeful that working with an RE and remedying these issues will get you your sticky baby. Good luck

39. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@Bernieboo: oh wow hope your daughter is feeling better!

@YogiBeachWife: wow so sorry you just found all that out! I hope the treatment isn't too crazy or time intensive to get everything back to normal. Good luck!

40. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

Whoa.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee