Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

AUGUST 2018 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@megpie: Hi, Megpie! Glad to see you this month. ๐Ÿ™‚. An earlier O and regular cycles are very exciting news! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€. Good luck!

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

โ˜€August 2018 POAS -

Yellowbeach: TBD
    Kaohinani : TBD
    Megpie: Aug 7
    Magnolia: Aug 14
    MDF106: Aug 16
    SkinnyCow: Aug 20
    Paranundrum : Aug 20
    Jessiemuller88: Aug 22

Best of luck to everyone this month!

3. MrsDynamiteGal

cherry / 119 posts

Cycle Day: TBD
    TTC Cycle: 25
    Ovulation Date: July 29th-August 3rd estimate
    POAS Date: August 14th
    Baby #: 3
    Anything exciting you'd like to share:

Ovulation is near because I'm feeling my usual fatigue and hunger.

4. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Yellowbeach: Great video! It must have been fun to take part of something like that.

5. Hypatia

kiwi / 500 posts

Cycle Day: 23
    TTC Cycle: 5
    Ovulation Date: 7/24
    POAS Date: 8/1
    Anything exciting you'd like to share: I think sane people would be extra stressed at the thought of having a baby after the major financial crisis we had this month, but honestly, I think the news would make us feel better. Where there's a will, there's a way, and I feel confident we can make this work.

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MrsDynamiteGal: Welcome to the August 2018 POAS board, MrsDynamiteGal! I love your user name. ๐Ÿ˜€

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Hypatia: HYPATIA, welcome to the August 2018 POAS board. Wishing you much luck for a #3 this month.

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

โ˜€August 2018 POAS -

Hypatia: Aug 1
    MrsDynamiteGal: Aug 14

9. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

Cycle Day: 16
    TTC Cycle: 2
    Ovulation Date: 7/27
    POAS Date: all the time? But really probably starting 8/6
    Baby #: 2

I'm super early with this, but I get overly excited every month when ttc! My DD turned 2 in April, and it still seems crazy that we will be able to handle 2 kiddos! DD is very active, very needy, very stubborn. Another babe will hopefully be a good play mate for her, and I'm an only child, so I would prefer she not be. And my best friend is about 8 weeks now, so that would be fun as well.

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@rockinghorse: Hi, and welcome to the August POAS board! ๐Ÿ˜€. Wonderful to see you here and hope you get your BFP for #2 this month.

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

โ˜€August 2018 POAS -

Rockinghorse: Aug 6

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

OK, ladies -
    CD 5 today and starting my 3rd round of Clomid (1st round after last month's HSG)... I'm wondering when I'm going to OV this month (Hopefully when the hubby is around as he JUST got back from training and has a 3-day business trip in FL coming up!).
    F'X for #3 on cycle 33! Wish me luck .
    Hoping each of you get yours this month as well! ๐Ÿ’œ

13. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: isnโ€™t it funny how sometimes having DH around to even be able to BD is the biggest battle? I always joked that DH and Is infertility was due to never being in the same place at the same time. (We weโ€™re both in Residency Training often working opposite shifts for months at a time). Hereโ€™s hoping you and hubbyโ€™s schedule sync up with your O time!

14. MrsDynamiteGal

cherry / 119 posts

@Kaohinani: Thank you

@Yellowbeach @Kaohinani
    I totally get this. Hubs is set to travel for work again this week during our window. Gonna try to get a little BD on if possible.

A little Google searching has me believing that I may have possibly ovulated already if not about to which would be okay. I plan on buying a thermometer and ovulation sticks for next month.

15. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

So for the first time ever Iโ€™ll be trying to chart and such this month, even though my RE will be making all the decisions. Thankfully heโ€™s back from vacation this week and we can hopefully do another us to ensure we donโ€™t still have any retained products. If we do, thatโ€™ll knock me out of the POAS game for Aug and push us to Sept. fingers crossed.

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: You are ABSOLUTELY right, sometimes, just trying to schedule BD time around OV and hubby's schedule is nearly impossible! The irony of it at times is hysterical. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    @mrsdynamitegal: Frustrating, isn't it? ๐Ÿ˜‰. Sometimes, I feel like a creepy BD-stalker with my husband bc I'm always like, "Sweetheart, you have a moment? *wink wink*". Poor guy gets it going and coming back. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

17. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: I feel the same way ๐Ÿ˜‚ lol, the minute my DS goes to bed, I pull my hubโ€™s hand, and he knows what that means!

18. MrsDynamiteGal

cherry / 119 posts

@Kaohinani: ๐Ÿคฃ me too!

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Lol! Hubby gets "the look" as a warning 10 or 15 minutes before the kids go to bed so he knows not to wander off to his garage or to become engrossed in any project [or book, or game or WHATEVER! ๐Ÿ˜‚]. As soon as the kids go to sleep, we give a 20 minute cushion to make certain NO ONE under the age of 11 needs water or the bathroom and will interrupt us and then ... GAME ON. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. In all actuality, very early morning BD-ing (4/5 am-ish) is so much easier. I feel less like a secret agent trying to BD a counter espionage agent on the down-low. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

20. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

Cycle Day: 17
    TTC Cycle: 1
    Ovulation Date: est 26 July
    POAS Date: 09 August - day period is supposed to start. I have never tested early and don't intend to start now.
    Anything exciting you'd like to share: We have been on vacation without the kids during the right time. Hopefully it happens now, because it will be much more difficult in the following months.

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Hi, and welcome to the August POAS board! You are so lucky you were able to take a vacation with just you and hubby! ๐Ÿ’• Wishing you the best for a BFP this month. ๐Ÿ˜€

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

โ˜€August 2018 POAS -

Mrs. Toad: Aug 9

23. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Kaohinani: My in-laws asked for the kids, so we were able to go. It's the first time since my oldest was born almost 4 years ago.

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs. Toad: That is awesome!!! You must have had a great time. I have a 10-year-old and a 3-year-old. I wish my parents or in-laws would offer to watch them even for a night. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

25. Emileecatherine

pea / 7 posts

Cycle Day: 14
    TTC Cycle: 3
    Ovulation Date: 7/30 or 8/1 (based on CM, I don't temp because it made me crazy when we were TTC our first)
    POAS Date: 10/12
    Baby #: 2
    Anything exciting you'd like to share:
    I had unexplained infertility before getting pregnant with DD using clomid and an IUI. I suspect I have a short luteral phase/ low progesterone because I ovulate very late (around CD 17-18) and have 25-26 day cycles.

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Emileecatherine: Welcome! Many of us (myself included) have unexplained infertility (primary or secondary) and are either on fertility medication ๐Ÿ’Š and/or are using IUI ... I hope you find yourself at home here on the August POAS board! ๐Ÿ˜€ Keeping my F'x that you see your BFP this month.

27. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

โ˜€August 2018 POAS -

Mrs. Toad: Aug 9
    Emileecatherine: Aug 12

28. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Mrs. Toad: @Kaohinani: My in-laws are actually watching my kids (2.5 and almost 5) from Tuesday until Thursday of this week. I have to work, partly because I am saving up my PTO for a hypothetical maternity leave. Then we are all meeting up Thursday for a family vacation.

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@mdf106: Absolutely jealous of you at this moment. ๐Ÿ˜‰. I LOVE our family vacations but I sure would enjoy a single night "off-duty." ๐Ÿ˜‚ I haven't spent one entire night away from my children since either was born .... And not from lack of trying. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚ (* Please, no one get offended from that last comment. I'm stating that playfully, as I'm sure I could hire a service to watch my kids from time-to-time, but my "babies" are my responsibility and I love them so much that my lack of "me time" is NBD.)

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@mdf106: I just noticed your picture was a koala bear (which is absolutely adorable) and your [current] Hellobee fruit level is a kiwi fruit. The teacher in me came out because the first thing I thought was, "Awe, Koalas are from Australia and kiwis are sold commercially from Australia .... What a cool connection." ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, # Im ANerdLOL

31. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Kaohinani: This is the first time my in-laws are taking both kids, although they have taken just the oldest. I have left both kids with my husband, though.

32. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

Anyone tried SMEP (sperm meets egg plan)? We're going to attempt it this month to switch things up a bit... Seems like a lot of BDing though

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@skinnycow: We did it for a few months to the T, and yea... it's a lot of BDing when your husband does shift work. We had to get creative.

34. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: YES! We use it. BD every other day from the day after last day of your AF then you CAN do every day starting the day of the LH surge, the day of OV, the day AFTER OV, skip a day, then bed OV+2. It hasn't worked for us YET but, if there aren't any issues with DH sperm, theoretically, SMEP SHOULD work for you guys.

35. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@skinnycow: I am not going to do it exactly, but I am going to try something closer to it this month. I had been doing EOD from about CD 10 until I confirmed ovulation. This approach worked the first time for my two pregnancies. Since my ovulation has been more consistent, and it hasn't worked yet, I plan to try a few consecutive days around when I expect to ovulate. I am not sure how sustainable it is for us, though.

36. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

I'm not going to completely admit defeat for August yet, but my bHCG today was 17 still, so likely no FET for this month. Plan is to repeat it on Tuesday next week and see if it's gone gone. Ugh.

37. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm sorry Hopefully it gets out of your system soon.

38. MrsDynamiteGal

cherry / 119 posts

@skinnycow: Never heard of that plan before but sounds like something I need to look into. At least for the next cycle, in case this one doesn't work out.

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Awe, I'm so sorry to read that! ๐Ÿ™. I'm not going to completely count you out, as there is still a good chance for you by the end of this month if your bHCG falls. Keeping positive. Good luck, hun!

40. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsDynamiteGal: Essentially, you BD every other day starting CD8 and then BD 3 days in a row starting with day of positive OPK, skip a day, and BD again.

It seems like a lot but I don't think DH and I haven't had great timing the last couple cycles so we'll see what happens!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee