Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

AUGUST 2018 POAS

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: that is terrible, and I totally understand the need to step back for a bit. Take all the time you need and know you have people to talk to here if you need it

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: it's usually a couple days like MamaBear87 said, what are your regular OPKs looking like?

3. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Long story, not made short: With CB, you can have regular flashing smiley faces 1 day then *BOOM* a PEAK or 7 days of those taunting flashing smiley faces before a PEAK. I had one cycle of 11 flashing smileys but no PEAK; however, my regular OPKs picked up on my LH surge late night (CD 13 that cycle). By morning, I was back to the damn flashing smiley! πŸ˜«πŸ˜‚ I always use both CBEAD and regular OPKs (3x a day) and go off of which ever seems "the MOST positive."

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Oh, Jessiemuller, I'm so very, truly, and deeply sorry to read this. 😭 I can't even begin to imagine the depth of pain that you have been going through. I completely understand and respect your need to take time off from TTC and from HB. Please know that you will be in my thoughts and, if it does not offend you, in my prayers. You will be missed on the POAS board. πŸ’•

5. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: posting on your wall

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: meh - not much happening

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I'd definitely expect another day or two then. (This coming from the person that went straight from open circle to solid face all 3 cycles I used them πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ)

8. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: If it makes you feel any better, I had some bold early FRERs and pretty high betas according to betabase and there’s only one in there thank goodness.

9. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: this is exactly what I’m agraid of bc I’m traveling again for work Sept 9-13 and am afraid if I OV late, the ideal time to transfer will be when I’m gone in colorado

10. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Jessiemuller88: That’s so incredibly devastating. I am so so sorry. Take all the time you need, we will miss your posts around here and will be thinking of you.

11. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: I'm not that worried about the frers. It's the Internet cheapies that give me pause πŸ˜‚

12. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Can you have Dye runs with OPKs? If I saw this on an HcG I’d throw it out, but this is how all these CBADs have looked.

13. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@yellowbeach: do the lines themselves look streaky? If so, do them longer. Watch the dye come up and pull it out just when it gets to the window. About 7 seconds by my count

Mine did this and that fixed the issue

14. Wonderwoman

pea / 24 posts

Hi Ladies,
    today is 13 dpo (I did iui 13 days ago) and did a Clear Blue test today. BFN. However I cracked it open and saw 2 lines. Pics attached.

Regardless, I am going for my follow up today with my doc who did the IUI for me. Will test blood today and then will tell you tomorrow what happened.

AF is NOT supposed to come on Sunday. πŸ˜‰ Still hopeful.

Had a dream about my daughter last night and that I was breastfeeding her. It was beautiful.

Today was the 1 and only POAS that I have done. After seeing how stressful POAS has been for countless women and all the hope and then devastation, I have decided not to do the POAS method anymore. I will just wait for the blood tests in the future.

Sending love and hope to each of you.
    xoxo

15. Wonderwoman

pea / 24 posts

and here are the pics

16. Wonderwoman

pea / 24 posts

@MamaBear87: wow! 😍

17. Wonderwoman

pea / 24 posts

@NCSUchick27: yay! fantastic. 😍

18. Wonderwoman

pea / 24 posts

@nicollette1189: 😍😍😍😍😍

19. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

Woah! That read was a wild ride!

@MamaBear87: I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

@Wonderwoman: Fingers crossed you get the answer you want to hear from your doc tomorrow.

@Jessiemuller88: You're in my thoughts.

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Wonderwoman: To respond to your inquiry- digital blue dye tests always have 2 lines: a test and a control. On a negative, the first line will be lighter or close to the second (control) which is what you are indicating. On a positive, the first line (test line) will be EXACTLY as dark or darker than the control to register a positive. The hormone (HCG) has to be high enough in saturation in one's urine to register on the digital which usually runs betweens 25 and 50 MIUs. I hope this was helpful. Fingers crossed your blood test affords you more promising news.
    P.S. Love the Clearblue test in Portuguese!

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Finally, just spotting today. Counting spotting, this has been a 7-day bleed. This has been longest one in years! I'm hoping September will be like a Phoenix emerging from the ashes of August. #FromBummedToHopeful. #HopingForOvAfterCP #MovingOntoCycle34

22. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Wonderwoman: thanks!!

@paranundrum: thank you!

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Well the temp took a dive today, so I'm assuming AF will make her appearance tomorrow.

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: oh, no! 😫 Every month watching those temps drop is like a direct kick to the uterus πŸ™... and, ironically, I can say this to you and you know EXACTLY what it feels like physically (poor ovaries!). πŸ˜‰ * I'm trying to keep the mood light here but I'm sure I'm failing miserably. *shakes head* #OpenMouthInsertsFootSwallowsUpToThigh #ThankGoodnessIHaveShortLegs

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: HA! I do know what it feels like You didn't stick your foot in your mouth!

26. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: no! I was still holding out hope for you 😭

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: your short leg hashtag made me laugh out loud at my desk

@MamaBear87: well there is always the crazy corner of my brain that tells me since I'm expecting my period now, I might actually be pregnant and it never comes... But I'm thinking period. AND IF I get pregnant next month, my due date will be the first week of June which means my c-section will be in the end of May, so I could still maybe squeak my way into your due date board.

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm glad I could get you back for the "LOL" you made me expel in the waiting room at my PCM's office when I was sitting next to "Mr. Boogie in the Bat Cave!" πŸ˜‰πŸ€£

Hey, if I actually OV in Sept and you move onto the Sept cycle (You are only about a week behind me right now), we HAVE to get BFPs in Sept to catch up with Mamabear. πŸ˜‰ It just HAS to happen, right? You're looking at a csection and I'm "high risk," and was told a csection would be pretty much mandatory if I were to become pregnant SO, we need to "just get pregnant" with May babies ... it's just that easy. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜­ (* I wish it were THAT easy. Lmao 🀣)

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm riding that high risk boat with you too, so the 39 week mark is basically the latest I can go. I don't know if I'll have the same complications this time, but unfortunately since I have had them, I get the high risk stamp.

I wish it was that easy too!

30. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kaohinani: @Sams Mom: I'm sending all the good vibes to you for September!!

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MamaBear87: Thank you! πŸ‘πŸ’—

32. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: OMG I'm so happy for you!!!! I wanted this so badly for you with all you've been through.

Congrats to all who got there BFP's and good luck to all still trying.

33. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsMom: thanks! It's been a long road to get here. Fingers crossed the pregnancy part goes smoothly

34. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MamaBear87: You use(d) an Ava, right? I ask because I've been looking into them for months but can't commit because, I believe, I'll invest in it and get pregnant before I can use it OR WORSE it will trigger my anxiety (I will be checking my stats every 5 minutes). 🀣 I already use Ovia, smilereader (with OPKs), FF, and CBEAD ... all while temping and checking every bodily liquid, function, and change! πŸ˜―πŸ˜‚ My long-winded triad of questions are as follows: (1) Did it trigger any anxiety for you? (2) Is it worth the financial investment? (3) Did you feel it "worked" or was this month more due to "organic" (πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰) processes and natural timing?

35. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Kaohinani: I know your questions weren't directed at me but I have an Ava so I thought I'd give my input. I think it's just ok. It predicts my ovulation correctly about 50% of the time. I find that using OPKs and observing CM is more accurate. It is probably more helpful to casual TTC-ers that aren't tracking temp, OPKs, CM, etc.

I do like that I don't need to temp - so the temping aspect is less stressful. I do find the other data points interesting but not necessarily helpful for TTC.

Costwise - I don't know if you have an HSA/FSA but if you do you may be able to use it to purchase an Ava because it's considered a fertility monitor.

36. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kaohinani: i found it less stressful than attempting to chart with a regular thermometer.
    I bought mine used so only paid 150ish for it. Don't know that I would invest the 250 they are new, especially if you're already used to charting.

As to it helping conceive to me it doesn't do anything to help further than regular charting. Sure it gives you the window, but unless you have irregular cycles you can say with decent certainty when you will o within a few days. To me the biggest plus is that it's easy and you don't have to get up at the same time every day.

They also only last for around 3 years max and the battery can't be replaced

Eta for me she is always within a day of ovulation. Exactly spot on 60% of the time

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: Thank you! I've been REALLY interested in one but you bring up so many great points on the practicality vs. reliability of it. My main concern was if it would stress me out as I already track so much data on my cycle. I appreciate your honesty and am happy to know it is not as accurate as what I am currently doing to monitor my cycles. 😁 Anyway, we have Tricare Reserve Select East which does not include HSA/FSA ... they do not cover breast milk pumps or fertility devices so everything we do beyond doctor visits and scans is out-of-pocket. Bummer.
    Thank you again. πŸ‘πŸ§‘

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MamaBear87: Thank you for the information! I was unaware that one could purchase them used! That is awesome. 😁 I've been looking for a way to "lessen" the load of all the tracking that I do which is why it appealed to me. Ovia also has an 80% success of predicting my cycle, because I plug in all of my data (OPKs, BBT, CM, etc) both smilereader and FF are far more accurate but they need me to manually enter a plethora of data and POAS. I suppose I was looking for higher accuracy and to have a chance at more "relaxed" tracking. πŸ˜‚ I truly appreciate your response. 🧑

39. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kaohinani: there's also the one that you wear in your vagina at night.... someone used it on the boards I think. It might be more accurate

And I think for purposes of it being easier to track temp ava for sure does that! Sometimes it's just not perfect on predicting your o before hand

40. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

For you Poas junkies (and I promise not more πŸ˜‚)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee