Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2013 Mama Appointments

1. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@Kiki: any specific reason you are losing weight at this point? The scale keeps shooting up every time I have a weigh-in.

@mrsmate: I too noticed the BH contractions when I was exerting myself, specifically when DS had his broken leg and I had to pick him up and carry him much more often than usual. Now that he is mobile again and I don't have to carry him much, they have subsided quite a bit, but I think I still have a few every day.

2. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mrsmate: i'm anticipating the same kind of weight spike at my appt next week! i feel like i've gained a LOT since my last appt. I'm glad your test went well, even though it doesn't sound like a great morning. i'm getting the flu shot next week - still have to work on convincing DH to get one!

@Kiki: good for you taking it in stride! i will FREAK OUT on my doc if that happens to me next week

@lamariniere: so last night during my ballet class i felt a weird almost numbness just above my belly (like near my rib cage where my abs used to be ha) but there wasn't tightness, just like a weird sensation...it went away when i stopped exercising and i haven't felt it since, but i did wonder if it could possibly have been BH...sounds too high though, right?

3. Kiki

cherry / 157 posts

@lamariniere: I have a very active 16 (almost 17) month old so I am sure that has something to do with it. As I am not losing too much weight and it isn't uncommon for overweight woman to lose some weight.

@Pirouette: I thought about freaking out but just don't even have the energy for it. lol

I start having cramping and contractions when walking so France this weekend should be interesting

4. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@Kiki: ok. I'm glad to hear it isn't some kind of major health problem. Where are you going in France? We were just there one week ago visiting DH's family in Lille. We had initially planned on a few days in Paris, but with DS's broken leg, it was going to be complicated. So instead, 9 days with my MIL, eeps!

@Pirouette: doesn't sound like BH. For me, my entire belly hardens for a few seconds, but it isn't painful at all, at least, not yet! Maybe your little one was doing her own pirouettes and got her foot stuck up there

5. Kiki

cherry / 157 posts

@lamariniere: We are doing Paris and Normandy. My in-laws are here in England visiting us, so we wanted to get France done since once the boy comes it will be WAY too hard to travel! and we only have 10 months left here

6. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@Kiki: Oh fun! I haven't been to Normandy in years, but it is such a beautiful region. I'm sure you already have an itinerary, but if you get a chance, visit the town of Étretat, the cliffs are amazing (and scary)!

7. Kiki

cherry / 157 posts

@lamariniere: I haven't heard of that one Will try and check it out. traveling with 2 kids we are keeping things very simple as far as an itinerary. we don't want to be disappointed that we missed something because one of the kids had a meltdown.

8. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Kiki: oooh that sounds amazing!! have so much fun! (and take it slow if you need to!)

@lamariniere: haha!! It certainly feels like she's doing pirouettes in there! but pretty sure she hasn't turned head down yet so probably not a foot...good to know it's not BH, i'm thinking maybe tissues or something stretching or something to do with my ribs expanding. or it's like when you feel a phantom limb after amputation, maybe i'm feeling my no longer there abs

9. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

so I had my glucose one hour test and passed with flying colors! at 29 weeks I have only gained six pounds so far and am pretty pleased with myself! now to get to these apps!

10. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

I had my 28wk appt yesterday, and I had lost 2.5lbs in the prior 2weeks. So now I'm back to more or less where I started when I got my BFP. The doc's not worried (im measuring exactly where i should be) so I guess I shouldn't be too, but I feel like this is too good to be true?! If I start gaining a lb a week from now on that's still only 12lbs, and I gained 35 with DD.

The only thing different bw the 4wks when I gained 7 and all the other weeks of my pregnancy when I stayed the same or lost is that we were very busy those 4wks and we ate out more than usual. I always knew restaurant food was fattier but I had no idea this much. So I will keep this in mind the next time I feel like calling for pizza rather than whipping up something, anything, out of the pantry.

I also got to meet the new OB who joined the practice, who is awesome. I'm really glad she was hired bc one day week, our practice was covered at the hospital for l&d by one of the hospital docs, who has a reputation for being super competent yet very abrupt, and now he is no longer needed.

Hope everyone is doing well. I have a follow-up in 2wks, where I have to bring back my hospital registration papers. It's starting to get real!

11. PurplePeony

pomegranate / 3113 posts

@mrsdoily: Yay for passing! I had my test on Monday but they said the lab has been a little slow so they might not get my results until today. They're only supposed to call if there's a problem so every hour that goes by without my phone ringing gets me a little closer to happy...

@mrsmate: It's great that you like the new doctor! I'd be a little nervous about delivering on the day the hospital doc was on call, too, although I guess in the moment it's probably hard to care too much about it. At least you don't have to worry about it now!

I'm officially on the 2-week appointment schedule now, I can't believe how fast this is going. Next checkup is is 10/24.

12. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mrsmate: so crazy, i got my approval for my hospital registration the other day! i was like holy crap, this is getting real!! that's crazy about not gaining any weight...but as long as baby is growing nicely!

@PurplePeony: Hope that phone doesn't ring!!! I'm starting the 2 week appt schedule too!!! so exciting! my next one is technically closer to 3 weeks, because my doc wanted to put me back on an even week schedule. i also just scheduled my growth ultrasound for my birthday at the end of the month! so excited that will be my final "real" u/s at the fancy u/s center.

Had a great appointment yesterday. Just a quickie but she did a quick u/s and baby has flipped and is now head down! YAY!

13. Kiki

cherry / 157 posts

I passed my 3 hr glucose test!!! Thank goodness!!!!

Nest week I am popping in to have my BP checked as it has been high for the last couple of appointments Since I have a month between appointments, got to love the free healthcare with the military serious downsides to it!! As they make their own rules on pretty much everything.

14. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

@Kiki: yay! Congrats! But I have to say, I wish I was still on the 4wk schedule. Because this is an iui baby I feel like I've been inside a hospital or doctors office enough for a lifetime!

15. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Kiki: yay!!! what a relief

@mrsmate: ha i hear you...because of a slew of health problems as a kid, i'd been in and out of hospitals and doctors' offices my whole childhood/teen years. i certainly don't miss it! although i was just telling DH it's funny how my OB appts are the only appts i have ever looked forward to

16. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

Hi ladies, glad to see everyone has passed their glucose tests. I had a regular ob appointment today and finally got my results and I passed too. Yay! I was also really happy to see that after all the weight gain earlier in the pregnancy I managed to gain less than 2lbs in the last month. Phew! Baby is right on track though, so no problems there. My next appointment is, apparently, also my last before the birth. I guess my doctor doesn't switch to the 2 week then weekly appointments. My next appointment is later in November when I'm 36 weeks and he will do the Strep B test in addition to the regular checkup. After that, he said we'll see each other again for the birth! Eeek!

17. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

@lamariniere: omg, one last appt. Are we really getting so close to D-Day on this board??

I had my 30wk appt yesterday, and I had lost another pound. I'm still measuring on target and the heartbeat was nice and strong, so the doc's not worried...yet she wants me to get a precautionary u/s before my next appt. I think as a FTM I would've freaked out, but I know by now that people have all kinds of crazy pregnancies that end w/healthy babies, so I'm not giving it much thought. I'm just a little annoyed that apparently I'm in the best shape of my life except for this big ole belly (and cellulite)!

Right now I'm just trying to get thru the week w/this nasty cold. Hope everyone is staying healthy!

18. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@lamariniere: oh my god!!! how crazy! that makes it feel so close! and congrats on passing the glucose test and btw I'm the exact opposite, my weight gain had been slow, and while i haven't weighed in yet i look like i've gained at least 10 pounds the past 2 weeks...and sadly not just in my belly

@mrsmate: i hope you feel better as long as baby is measuring fine, it doesn't sound like it's anything to worry about, but that's good they are doing another precautionary u/s just in case.

I have my 32(and a half) week growth ultrasound next wed - it will be my last trip to the 3d/4d u/s center, and the last time we really get to see baby on the inside! I'm so excited!!

19. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@Pirouette: the weight gain this pregnancy has been crazy. I gained exactly 1lb per week like clockwork from week 10 to week 39 with DS. I'll blame it on the fact that it's a girl this time .
    That is so exciting about your next u/s! I don't have any more of the good ones, just the ones with the crap machine at my ob's office. So I did get to see the baby today, but my doctor was just taking measurements and checking things out, so I didn't get to see anything fun

.@mrsmate: In a way it's more relaxing going through a second pregnancy, right? I don't get nearly as worried or obsessive about everything like I did the first time. Glad to hear your appointment went ok too, and I hope that cold goes away soon!

20. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@lamariniere: yea the ones on my ob's crap machine are so disappointing after seeing the 3d ones! At my last appt she was like "look, she's head down!" But all I could see was black and white blobs so I took her word for it the weight gain and belly growth had both been super slow this whole pregnancy, and all of the sudden around 30 weeks I caught up big time! Everyone is shocked when they see me given I was barely showing a few weeks ago! It really does happen overnight.

21. sosaysmegan

olive / 65 posts

@lamariniere: It's so crazy that we're all getting closer to our "last" OB appointments! The next time I'll see my doc will be in a couple weeks (when I'm 35 weeks along), then we'll switch to every two weeks.

It's finally starting to feel real-- during my last appointment, my doctor pulled out her prescription pad and wrote out prescriptions for Vicodin and 800mg Motrin. "When you get home from the hospital," she said, "you're still going to be in some pain." Ahhhhh. Way to freak me out, lady.

22. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

@lamariniere: it IS more relaxing. I'm procrastinating on a lot of decisions that I wouldn't have as a FTM. The old me would have stayed up till wee hours doing research on things like bottle drying racks.

@sosaysmegan: Don't freak out! My hospital took me off Vicodin before I checked out, and told me to take OTC Motrin if I was still in pain when I got home. I had 2nd degree tearing. It may not be that bad.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee