Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MamaG: Yeah, I have a speedlite because the lighting in our house is terrible, and I like it, but the photos just aren't the same as natural light photos. I need a new house!

2. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: Yes, a new house is on my wishlist too. I wish it were that easy.

3. Adira

@MamaG: Yeah, me too. But I also don't want to move!

4. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Adira: Such a great picture! Love the brick (and obviously the boys!)

We're using a photo of the 4 of us from my sister's wedding and I'm kind of eh about it. I wish that we had a nice one with just the kids. Oh well!

5. Adira

@MrsF: Hubs is actually annoyed at me because I didn't use any pictures of the four of us on our card. But we don't have any GOOD pictures of all four of us!

6. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@adira: that pic is great!

K and E's preschool actually contracts with a legit photographer to do their school photos (instead of lifetouch! ugggghhhh), and they turned out so adorable that I contacted her to come do a lifestyle shoot for us at our house once the new baby comes. I'm not doing xmas cards, but will (eventually) do a holiday/new baby announcement with whatever we get from that.

7. Adira

@KayKay: That's awesome! Our school photos this year turned out to be garbage, so I did my own, but they aren't professional looking at all or something. A lifestyle shoot will be so nice!

8. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: I want to get a couple cheapo studio lights (the ones I'm looking at are $25 each from Amazon) to use at home for a little more light inside.
    We luckily did get one good family picture that I had set up outside on Thanksgiving and had my sis take! Very -luckily b/c Ethan was not having it.

9. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@Adira: the picture turned out so cute! We've actually yet to take a picture of the 4 of us, granted we're not even 6 weeks in. Dh hates photos, but hopefully I convince him to take a photo for the holidays.

10. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@KayKay: my plan was to send out a holiday/new baby card too.... But I actually have to make that happen and I'm not sure I'll actually do it. Ha!

11. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@Adira: Cute pic!

12. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Adira: great picture!!

13. Adira

@Miss Ariel: @AngelicOne: @theotherstark: Thanks ladies!

14. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

So emotional seeing all our babies turning 2 one by one. 2 def hit me way harder than 1! Was looking at her pictures from last year and she was still such a baby... But now they're so "grown up".

And I can't believe we've all been with each other for almost 3 years, including pregnancy!

15. Adira

@snowjewelz: Ahhh, I know!!! They grow up so fast!!!

We had Logan's birthday party over the weekend. It was a big hit! We ended up ordering pizza to make the food situation easier and everyone LOVED that. We just heated up Xander's vegan pizza for him and Logan to share.

16. snowjewelz

@Adira: Haha you can't go wrong with pizza!

K's joint party with her cousin is on hold since her cousin's stint at the hospital... And dr advised for her to stay away from crowds But she loved her minnie mouse balloons and cake we got her yesterday! And of course singing happy birthday/blowing out candles! I think the gifts were a little overwhelming.. It's all small stuff so we had a bunch!

17. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: Happy Birthday K.

@Adira: Happy Birthday Logan.

18. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Sleep is still for crap in our house K took a nice 2 hour nap at school on Friday, so I had high hopes for the weekend. Saturday got us a 40 minute nap and crankiness. I dosed her with Advil after the nap. Sunday resulted in a 15'ish minute car nap. And it doesn't seem to matter what time we put her to bed, the latest she will sleep is 6:00am. I really miss her sleeping until 7:00 consistently. It works so much better for our weekday routine.

19. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I actually prefer 6am wake up haha, now that Kara suddenly is sleeping later! I don't want to wake up early, but I miss the not rushing around part!

When are you guys going to bed now? I feel like K's trying to stretch her wake time again. She now sleeps like 9-7, sometimes 9:30-7:30 even. She was doing more like 8-6 or 8-6:30. Yesterday she refused to nap till 2pm and slept past 4pm...

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Happy Birthday to all the new 2 year olds!!!!

@snowjewelz: YES!!!! I cry when I think how big she is!!!! Wait until you bring little sis home, makes them seem like teenagers!!!!!!!

@Adira: Fun!! I think we are doing pizza too!!!

Looks like Minnie Mouse is a hit with the girls! We are doing Minnie too!

21. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Hehe, well she likes paw patrol more but then I wanted pink lol

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: G wakes 6:30-7 no matter what time she goes to bed too!

We need to up her white noise or something she heard DH leave for work at 5 a.m. led to both kiddos in our room! Thankfully I got us all about another hr of sleep!!!!!!

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz:

24. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: Sleep is about 8:00p - 6:00a here. We aim to have her in bed at about 7:30p. She's taking until closer to 8:00p most nights to actually fall asleep.

We need those 30 minutes to focus on C before she goes to bed at 8:00. We have a nightly reading requirement (where she reads to us!) and this is our only time to get it in consistently every day.

25. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

Happy Birthday to all the new 2 yr olds!

@FaithFertility: Minnie for the girls & Mickey for the boys

26. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Sleep is 8/8:30 to 6 if we're lucky. If DH gets up it seems like E knows and has to get up too, so it's often 5:30. 3 nights last week he was up for 1 hr + MOTN.
    @Adira: @snowjewelz: Happy birthday to Logan and Kara! Minnie/Mickey seems to be a common theme for most of us.
    And yes to them being sooo big. I took a Christmas tree photo with E, similar to last years, and he's just so much bigger!

E had his 2 year checkup Thursday last week. They measured him 1-1/2" taller than I did (36" / 70's %), weight is 28 lbs I think, 60%. Head 92%. DH said shots (flu and Hep A) went well but he's got a cold today, either from the dr's office, or from the 13 kiddos in our house Saturday. (talk about crazy).

27. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: ughhh G too, DH is so quiet and she still will wake saying daddy?!?!? Last week and again today @ 5

28. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: They're getting so big! Sorry that you've had to postpone the party and that her cousin is sick

@Adira: Glad Logan's party went well!

@josina: Ugh - sorry about the cold!

@FaithFertility: Yeah, same here. We try to hard to be quiet too!

29. snowjewelz

Kara is a skinny girl! She's like 26 lbs and I forgot what the paper said about her height haha. She's like 30 something % for height and 40 somethign % for weight but dr said she's right on her curve! He said a super rough estimate of her full height is around 5'4... I said as long as she's taller than me, haha!

I must say I was so proud of her... She had hated laying down to get measured/weighted, but this time I talked her through everything and she was 100% cooperative! Totally fine during finger prick and shot (I wasn't even in the room; I went to pee!).

I had to ask the dr what I need to do for the new baby b/c I totally forgot what I needed to do to make sure they come and look at her at the hospital!

30. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Adira: that picture is just soooo adorable!

@Adira: @MamaG: you could always paint your walls white and the window light will reflect off of them. easier than buying a new house!

31. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@whenoceansrise: That's a big part of the problem, our family room has wood paneled picture frame walls. It's very 80's. I hate it, but I'm also afraid to take the paneling down as I don't have a clue what I will find for walls underneath. But, someday when we have the means to hire someone to deal with it, we will have white walls (or very light colored!) in that room. It's on the wish list

32. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@MamaG: I have a friend who painted over their wood paneling. I'm not sure if you're supposed to do that or not, but it looks good for them!

33. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Adira: LOVE that pic!

34. winniebee

I saw a few of you got your kiddos trampolines for their days. What did you get? Ryan's birthday is in 2 days and....no gift yet. Oops!

35. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@winniebee: E's main gift from us was a John Deere tractor/wagon set... MIL got him this little puppy with a leash that walks and wags his tail, he loves it! He also got a Mickey Mouse tent/tunnel that was a big hit too.

36. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: We went with the trampoline. Seemed like any indoor activity that gets out energy and isn't too destructive will be a good thing around here this winter!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AU0O7QI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

37. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsF: We bought the same one for E's Christmas present.

38. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@josina: @MrsF: I really wanted to get a trampoline for K, she LOVES to jump. But, I knew it would cause problems with the older kid

39. catgirl

nectarine / 2018 posts

@winniebee: DD got the little tykes trampoline as an early birthday gift from my mom and stepdad. She loves it!

We got DD this slide as her birthday gift from us. We gave it to her early and she thinks it's great. Although it was half the current price when we bought it.

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Tikes-Store-Large-Slide/dp/B00B0DWCQG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481139548&sr=8-2&keywords=little+tikes+slide

40. winniebee

@MamaG: oh yeah i'm worried there is going to be all sorts of fighting over it. but definitely can't get two of these

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee