Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@KayKay: Ahhh I hate stomach bugs! Please stay away from the rest of you! And so jealous E sleeps till after 7!! That is glorious!

2. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: Glad she's feeling better. I hope you stay healthy! Sick and pregnant is horrible

@MamaG: Aw - she misses her sister! My kids have gotten crazy upset when we have to leave the dog at the groomer or the vet, but school doesn't seem to bother them

@Miss Ariel: I've been thinking about you guys so much! Glad that K is enjoying nana!

3. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

Sooo this happened yesterday!

4. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@whenoceansrise: yeah!!! Congrats!!

5. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@whenoceansrise: congrats!!

6. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@whenoceansrise: Yay!! Congratulations!

7. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@whenoceansrise: congrats!!

8. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@whenoceansrise: Congrats! I think I'm one of the last ones that's not yet.

DH has pneumonia. So not fun & very hard to keep M away from him.

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise: Ahhhhhh!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: Thinking of you guys!!!

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@AngelicOne: Sorry about DH!

12. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@whenoceansrise: hey congrats!

@Miss Ariel: I haven't been on much, but I have been thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. How are things going now?

13. winniebee

Gosh I feel so out of touch.

Things are going okay. The boys are doing great. Ryan is such a two year old. Lots of defiance and joking and funny words and sayings all the time. We are on vacation at the family lake house this week. But both boys start school after Labor Day. And I'm kind of panicking. Tyler has always been in school in some capacity. But now he's going 5 days. And Ryan has never been to school and he's going to be going 3 days. All because we were supposed to have a baby in 8 weeks. I'm so anxious and sad about the boys being gone so much. Yes, I work, but we don't need them in school that much since we have a nanny. In the last 3 months, I've come a long way. But I'm still devastated over our loss and sad that life is changing with the boys for no need. Thanks for letting me vent.

14. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@FaithFertility: @winniebee: things are slowly progressing. Luckily they pushed the start of dh's semester back a week so he was able to spend the extra time meeting with various adjusters (flood, home, and car insurance and fema) and contractors.

We actually were able to put an offer in on a new house, and our realtor think we'll be able to close before this baby gets here. But we have nothing to put into the house! I have some friends who are willing to let us have some of their older furniture and we're planning on driving to Houston next week to visit IKEA to see what we can find there.

While most of K's clothes and bottles survived pretty much the rest of hers stuff was destroyed. One of my coworkers gave me a pump that was never used, which is the same as the one I lost. I also started a registry which I wasn't planning on doing.

I am going a little crazy living with my mil and fil though. Obviously it's better than it could be, but I'm as you all can imagine it's not the same as being in your own home.

15. winniebee

@Miss Ariel: what do you need? Please let us know. I have some extra things I could send you.

16. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@winniebee: I can only imagine how hard these next few months are going to be. I know your loss is not the same as when I lost my mom, but I always tell people it doesn't really get easier but more it just gets difference which I'd think would be similar.

17. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@Miss Ariel: Good luck moving to the new house. How much time before the new baby arrives? I can't do too much, but I'd be willing to buy baby stuff if you share your registry.

@winniebee: Have fun at the lake house. Hope the boys have fun in school.

18. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@winniebee: @AngelicOne: in some ways it's probably easier to list what we don't need. Most of K's clothes, bottles, and baby blankets made it. She has about 15 board books that made it. My mil was able to save a few toys that were all plastic by basically soaking them in cleaning supplies. Our infant car seat was being stored at my inlaws so that's fine. We already bought a new high chair and convertible car seat. We'll probably need a second one eventually but since we don't currently own a car, not right now.

I can post our registry link on the Facebook group, but besides the big furniture items I believe we lost towels, crib sheets, strollers, all the random places where you put babies (play gym, exersaucer, rocknplay), and I'm sure there's other things I'm forgetting.

19. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@AngelicOne: and I'm due October 13, so about 6 weeks. I went into labor with K on my due date so hopefully it's the same this time and I don't go early!

20. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@Miss Ariel: Yes please do post it in our FB group. At least you have a little bit of time to work on replacing things. Hopefully baby stays until it's due date!

21. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@AngelicOne: I'm not Though I would like to be...

@winniebee: It must be so hard to be anticipating all of these changes and knowing that things aren't at all how you had planned. I hope that once the boys are in school you feel a little more settled

@Miss Ariel: I've been thinking of you and all that you're going through. I had forgotten how soon you are due!

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: I think about you so often! I've said it before I have a hard time posting to the Oct board!
    Prayers you continue to heal! I know these next weeks will be hard!
    Please know Dylan is in my thoughts

23. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@whenoceansrise: Congrats!

@Miss Ariel: I can't comprehend what you are going through. We've seen our fair share of flooding in Texas in the past 18 months, but luckily we've stayed high and dry. Water can be so destructive.

@winniebee: You and Dylan were heavy on my heart yesterday. I could plainly see in my mind Dylan's windchime hanging in your tree and I couldn't shake the image from my thoughts. I'm not sure why he was on my mind yesterday, but he was.

Y'all what happened to my baby? She is full on terrible two mode these days. While she's still physically big, I can see some lengthening in her body and her rolls are starting to disappear. She'll always have a healthy layer of chub (based on her big sister's growth), but she's really losing an resemblance to a baby!

24. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: Congratulations!!

25. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Transitions are always already hard, and on top of that you're still dealing with a tragic loss. I'd say cry when you want to, vent when you want to, and take care of yourself! I know the boys will do great! K has really thrived in daycare! She is a total angel at school compared to home lol!

@Miss Ariel: Thank you for opening up and posting your registry and allowing us to help I know getting physical things don't even begin to help, but I sure hope it is a start to welcoming your new baby into this world! So many hugs to do during this difficult time!

@MamaG: No, not the rolls! I am always looking at K now too and wondering where my baby went! And oh my, we are in over-drive with the exerting independence thing. Everything is noooo! minnneee! no help!

26. snowjewelz

Oh and I think you guys will get a kick out of this....

So yesterday we were out in the yard, K is playing in her kiddie pool and water table. We always have some bees hanging around but they never bothered us this whole entire summer... Until yesterday.

They started hanging out on K's head, and at one point HER FREAKING EYE. So mamabear came out, I freaked out and tried to calmly pull her away and get the bee off and then the bee came after me!!

So I got stung TWICE for the first time in 31 years of life. I felt SO bad b/c I was like running around screaming like a lunatic (the bee was still on me, I didn't know what to do!) and it scared K and she was crying and DH ran out like what is happening?! So then I had to pretend it didn't hurt and smile and laugh to console K. But they really didn't hurt much anyway.... But anyway. I felt bad that I cut her playtime short so I attempted to go back out later but I just couldn't, haha.

27. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Miss Ariel: @josina: @MrsF: @theotherstark: @AngelicOne: @FaithFertility: @winniebee: @MamaG: @snowjewelz: Thanks everyone! I wasn't expecting it to happen this quickly so it was pretty shocking!

28. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: hahahahaha! I would have been acting like a crazy person. I do not do bees!

29. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: Haha, I feel you! We weren't gonna try originally till next month and here I am, half way through!

30. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: DH's exact words were "you were convulsing on the ground like you were possessed"

31. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: when is your due date again?

32. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: 1/5!

33. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: hahahahaha! I would have been doing the same! I think my due date will be the end of April or beginning of May. I gotta make my doctors appointment

34. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@whenoceansrise: Same! We didn't really 'want' to be pregnant till August, and I'm 3 months already.
    @snowjewelz: lol, I totally would've cried, I'm a wimp. DS got stung by a bee, and cried for less than a minute till I gave him a popsicle.
    @MamaG: Our babies aren't babies anymore. I said the same thing to DH last night, he's so tall and slender now! No more chubby baby rolls!

35. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@whenoceansrise: same here! I had 1 af after weaning K and got pregnant that same month. Way quicker than expected!

36. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: They're growing up so quickly!

@snowjewelz: You poor thing! I've never been stung. I would have been freaking out!

37. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Ugh - J had diarrhea overnight but never cried so by the time we got him in the morning he had horrible diaper rash . He hardly sat down at all today and was sort of crying and limping around like it hurt his butt just to walk. He wouldn't even sit in the tub. I tried to keep him naked some of the day to heal his butt but of course that wasn't easy. Had to hose down the deck outside and disinfect everything. After bath I was trying to dry him off before putting on a diaper. He climbed on top of M's dollhouse and peed all over it, while we were distracted with that he pooped a huge pile on her carpeted floor. While we were cleaning that up he ran into our bedroom and pooped on that floor.

Enjoying a glass of wine right now.

ETA: Aaaah! I just went upstairs to our bedroom and stepped in an unnoticed pile of poop with my bare foot! Motherhood

38. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@whenoceansrise: AHHHH!!!! Congratulations!!!!

39. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MrsF: Ugh, I'm sorry! I remember Xander having horrible diarrhea overnight and his diaper rash was AWFUL. It took forever to heal. Poor J! I'm sorry! And sorry about all the poop! YUCK!

Logan is saying more and more these days and it's totally adorable. He has the strangest new phrases though: "Oh man!" and "Help me!" are said a LOT around here, haha.

40. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mrsf: #momlife YUCK! hope you survived the rest of the night without any poop-tastrophes!

@whenoceansrise: did i already comment on this? either way, yay (or double yay!)! so exciting.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee