Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Miss Ariel: Hahaha yeah I'm not too into that one either

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Miss Ariel: that song is one of our faves! I can't get over the fact that Jermaine from Flight of the Conchords is the crab!!

3. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: That's wonderful! You must be so thrilled

@Miss Ariel: Yeah, I don't love the crab song either. My kids like it though!

4. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I've been busy, but happy Mother's Day ladies.

We are in for a poor night. K smashed her finger today. It's splinted to try to reduce the pain when she bumps it. We gave Advil at bedtime and two hours in she's crying. Unfortunately there's nothing else I can do for her.

5. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MamaG: Poor K! How'd she sleep last night?

Happy Belated Mother's Day, ladies!!

6. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: I'm so sorry ☚ī¸ That finger looked awful... I hope you all got some sleep!

@Adira: thanks! Hope you had a great day!

7. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: @MrsF: thanks ladies. Thankfully after her 10:00 wake up she did okay. Me on the other hand, not so much. In the dark quiet of night my anxiety goes haywire.

I'm going to wake her shortly and get the day going. Meds and bandage change are a new part of a routine.

8. Adira

@MamaG: I hear you on anxiety at night! That's when mine is at an all-time high, especially with sick or hurt kids! Hope she's feeling a little better today.

9. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MamaG: Aww, poor girl, and momma! Not the best way to spend Mother's Day.

Hope everyone had a great day!

10. winniebee

@MamaG: poor thing! how does it look today?

11. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Saw that nothing broke so that was good! How long did they say it will take to more or less heal? How is she doing?

12. snowjewelz

And Happy belated Mother's Day to all you AWESOME mommies!

13. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

Happy belated Mother's Day everyone! Hope everyone had a good day.

@MamaG: Hope K's finger heals quickly.

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: Hope she is feeling better!!!
    Another anxiety Mama here too!!!

Yes, Happy belated Mother's Day to you all!!!!!!!!

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

I miss this thread! HB is so hard to get to these days!!!!
    How is everyone! I am 14 days away from summer....so excited!
    We have 2 mini trips planned and well I can't wait to spend some quality time with DH and myself with kids at sitters and also time with them out and about!!!

G is growing way too fast! Such a fun kid! More No's and "I dont want to" lately but I'll take It!
    She is so funny and is a nut! LOVES her brother and asks daily when is he going to crawl....lol

16. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: How fun! Love that you have summer trips planned already! I am sad that b/c of maternity leave I still have no time to take off. But we'll have summer Fridays July/Aug so that's something... DH & I desperately need some date time, but it's so much harder to squeeze out time now!

That reminds me, I should really do a summer bucket list to make sure we get out and make some memories, since she's at an age where she can really enjoy/understand things! We have to try the beach again (she didn't like it last year), zoo, berry picking and going into NYC are on my list!

17. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@FaithFertility: So jealous of summer vaca
    @snowjewelz: With you on the lack of PTO! I have less than 5 days for the rest of the year so trying to use them very carefully.

I think we'll try to do some fun day trips this summer. Zoo is a possibility, Mississippi River museum, strawberry-picking, county fairs. E really wants to go to 'work' with me so I'll take him on a weekend to play on the big dozers.

He definitely likes to say 'no' now, trying to teach him 'okay momma' instead. He also likes to go outside and can get our doors opened, and our deck gate, so DH added a 3rd lock at the top to keep him in.
    Trying to teach him how to pee on-command by letting him run around outside sans diaper - he did it once outside, and once inside on our rug(!) but overall not much luck.
    He loves lil sis so much, its adorable.

18. snowjewelz

@josina: I know!! Throwing a pity party b/c I'd love to take a day or 2 and hang out with DH, and or do a long weekend and do some fun day trips....

No action on the potty front here either. I'm just hoping and pray she initiates at some point this summer...!!

19. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Yes! We like to do day-dates but not sure I'll be able to till next year again, and need to save days in case the kiddo's are sick so
    Debating on taking off July 3rd for a 4 day weekend.

20. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@josina: @snowjewelz: I'm actually on the opposite end and have more vacation then I'll be able to use. Our company was purchased last year and 1/1 we switched from our old vacation plan (which renewed on your anniversary) to the new company plan (which renews 1/1). Because of that I rolled over a ton of time. Basically I can roll over time for next year, sell a portion back, and will still have over a month I need to use or loose buy the end of the year.

Dh and I are planning a kids free vegas trip next month which I'm really looking forward too. We might plan a beach trip with the inlaws for late summer but that's still several weeks unaccounted for.

21. snowjewelz

@Miss Ariel: That is amazing!!

22. Adira

@Miss Ariel: Kids free Vegas trip sounds AMAZING!!! Enjoy!!!

Not a whole ton going on with us. We got back from our cruise a few weeks ago and Xander (4) is already asking to go on another one. We've got a couple visits with the in-laws planned (to MIL's early June and then to SMIL and FIL's early July). Despite my issues with SMIL, I'm actually looking forward to both visits. And I'm no longer dreading the 4 hour drive. I found a place right in the middle to stop at for lunch, so I'm planning on breaking up the trip that way, which will make it more manageable.

Logan's almost 2.5, but doesn't seem interested in potty training yet.

23. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Miss Ariel: Thats awesome!
    @Adira: Glad you're looking forward to those visits.
    And a cruise once a month - sounds amazing, lol.

24. Adira

@josina: haha, right??? I wish we could afford it!

25. snowjewelz

@Adira: Haha that's why I love kids! They are too funny. I'd love to go on a cruise once a month too, kiddo!

26. winniebee

I'll be on maternity leave this summer and the bigger kids will have child care 4 days a week (part time though, 830-330 ish) two days at camp and two days with a sitter next door. I'm almost worried I'll want them HERE more, but I'm guessing that having extra help with a newborn will be good. We are taking 2 weeks to go to our bakehouse and otherwise will just be using our pool and hoping for great weather!

27. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

K no longer has a thumb nail. she's really not using her hand at all and it seems to hurt her still. Daycare says she's handling it fine.

Nothing exciting on tap for us. We are hoping to redo our back deck this summer and I really need to get the girls swimsuits!

28. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

We don't have a ton of plans for this summer. All 3 will be home with me full-time (!!!), but I do have K set-up to go to 5w of a daycamp (think stereotypical summercamp with swimming, canoeing, arts & crafts, horseback riding, etc) so that will help. And I have a babysitter coming two mornings a week for a couple hours just so I'll still have a chance to get some errands & appointments done.

We don't have any vacations planned until August -- one down to Amelia Island in FL to visit some friends, and one to head back to CO for some mountain time.

I'm half nervous that the summer will drive me crazy. And half excited to have more time with the kids & slower days without having to really BE somewhere (aside from K's bus to camp! but it's 2 blocks from our house). E can really push my buttons, as any good 2y old can do, so we'll see if we survive

Oh, and I'm super excited that maybe (MAYBE) she'll forget about biting & scratching when she's not at her school with the other 2 biters & scratchers! We'll see.

29. snowjewelz

@MamaG: that sounds soooo painful... But from your other post it seems like it's not that bad after a day or two?! Their fingers are small so I hope it grows back soon!

30. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: Kids free Vegas sounds awesome!!! I tried to conscience DH to do a 3 day cruise just us this summer, but he isn't ready...lol such a Daddy bear!!!

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: that poor babe!!! Glad she is feeling better

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: Amelia Island is beautiful, we will be close in Naples

33. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

3rd day in a row of G up at 5 truly ready to start her day

Ughhhh!

34. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I am totally the one not ready to leave my babies for 3 days haha, I think DH would!

We had 6am wake up's for maybe a week? Then went back to 7-7:30am. Hope it doesn't last long!~

35. winniebee

@FaithFertility: yuck! We had 3 weeks of 6 or earlier...we seem to be back to after 6 am....overall not sleeping as much the last few months though!

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: yeah IDK?! I asked her sitter her naps are still 45-1 hr
    Bedtime is 8 still so I'll ride it out and see what is up!

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Haha I think truly the fact that I dont nurse AJ truly helps! I feel like he also is so independent in sleep areas and such that unlike G he "truly" doesn't need me or us to tend to his needs if that makes sense, so it makes it easier for me to feel ok to leave!
    Plus I FF so no pumping 😏

38. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

With that said with her 5 am. Wakes she has been dry each time?! So maybe is the point where she HAS to go then can't go back to bed?

39. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: ahh what a good sleeper you have! K2 is only a slightly better sleeper, haha. Some gentle sleep training may happen later since I'm so desensitized by crying by now, lol!

I think I would feel more "free" too once I'm not a food source!

Sometimes I wonder if I'll know what to do with myself if I'm kid free for a few days

40. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Does she go right when she wakes up?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee