Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: I can understand! I am slightly like that with sickness! She coughs once I cringe
    I am sorry, and I pray that you can maybe find a release, or a way to ease it!

2. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mamag: ugh, mama, sorry you are struggling! anxiety is so hard, especially when it's based in reality. i hope you can find/make time for something that helps, be it therapy or something else that calms & soothes you.

@faithfertility: we don't do a ton of "why" here, but i get "but mama....(insert 2yo explanation/excuse for why she doesn't want to do what i say)" about 8 billion times a day. she's a ridiculously good negotiator/debater for only 2.5!

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: ughhhh yes, her Why?! Is basically asking why she can't do it "her" way which sometimes is ok,but other times not!
    Then the "teacher" in me kicks in and I think girl you need to do what I ask when I ask because in school a teacher isn't going to wait for you to do it "your" way every day lol

4. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MamaG: I am so sorry mama. Vent away here! I can totally relate to knowing you need to do something for yourself to feel sane, but not even seeing where that time can come from I really hope the kids will stop getting sick so often and let you catch a break!

@FaithFertility: I don't get too many why's, mostly "don't talk to me" (haha) and "No don't help me!"

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: these girls lol I have got No, I'm not talking to you I'm talking to AJ before

6. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Wow, I have created a monster...
    I gave E my phone to watch YouTube videos of Moanna in the car a couple weeks ago, and he saw Boss Baby also. So Sunday he asked to watch Boss Baby which was fine. But now he wants it ALL THE TIME and he is a TERROR if he can't have it. Thank god I didn't introduce you tube before this.

7. snowjewelz

@josina: I hate youtube with a passion! We used to be fine watching whatever until she started finding the weird videos of adults playing with toys/opening stuff so I just deleted from tablet/my phone and we don't miss it one bit!

8. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: I'm just catching up on this thread now. I'm sorry that you're struggling with anxiety - I can definitely relate I hope that things stabilize at work and that you can find some time for yourself soon

9. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@snowjewelz: OMG, i know! why do they love those creepy videos?! i've finally just started doing the guided access on our iPad so that they can't switch apps!

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: G doesn't understand why we can make whatever song come on in tbe car CD
    But I cant control the songs on the TV Pandora app
    It caused an all out melt down yesterday 😑
    I ignored her completely and went on eating with AJ she finally came over with her red face and tears and said Mama can I have my Taco, ughhhh I grabbed her and held her so tight these kids are something else

11. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Hahaha I guess to them it is confusing why you can control one but not the other, lol!

12. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@FaithFertility: yeah - my kids get confused about that too.

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: yes, why I just let it go lol She had her fit and I ate my taco lol

14. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: K gets annoyed too when she can't watch Trolls whenever. Since clearly I can get to it on TV, but in the mornings she only gets the cartoons that are on TV (I don't want to waste time catering to her ever changing requests). So we just tell her Trolls is not ready now, Trolls is napping, Trolls is not working, lol.

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: omg yes, Frozen sleeps alot in our house too lol

16. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: This is only gonna work for so long, haha!

17. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Yep, I try to be honest but honestly lol who am I kidding

18. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Thanks ladies. I've been trying to relax. I got my coloring supplies out and picked up a craft project this week. I'm also making some more concerted efforts toward productive activities at home rather than passive activities that tend to make my mind go to a darker place. I'm not sure it's working yet, but I'm trying. My work stress is off the charts but I'm hopeful I'll feel more relaxed later next week.

In other news, K is getting more interested in the potty. She's getting moved up in classes at the end of the month and the teacher she's moving to really helped with getting C trained, so I'm super stoked.

K is such a strong willed child. Having two of them is hard. I love my girls dearly, but I really wish we had one that wasn't so strong willed. Really, momma could use a break

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: That sounds like a great start! I love to color!

20. snowjewelz

@MamaG: How are you feeling lately?

@theotherstark: How are you feeling?

So lately K has been asking to sit on the adult potty to be just like us. Sooo I'm gonna order a potty seat and see if this is "it"...

Also I've been very smug that even tho her baby sister takes up some of my time with her, K still proclaims I am her best friend and that she's gonna marry me haha! I explained to her what wedding/getting married is since she always looks at wedding pictures at home. Whenever I ask her who she wants to marry she says mommy

21. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: thanks for checking in. I'm still struggling but I've made an appointment with my OB, I want to start with her and see where she suggests I head. I'm also trying to be very thoughtful about where my head is and sort through my thought processes. At the same time I've tried to really focus on the positive things and really enjoy my family.

One of our favorite daycare teachers ripped off the bandaid last week and essentially potty trained K. She's been in underwear for a week today. She still wears them for sleeping. Her training looks very different than C. I'm so incredibly thankful for the handful of daycare teachers we've had over the years that have truly loved my kids. We've had our share of ones that did their job, but then another set that truly loved them. It makes me so thankful. This working family kids in daycare stuff is hard.

22. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I agree OB seems like a good place to start! I hope she has good suggestons/referrals for you.

It's so good to hear she is potty trained! I owe it all to her teachers too... They've been encouraging and pretty much don't put pull up on her whenever they're outside and cleaning up her accidents!

23. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: glad to hear that you have an appointment- I hope she has some helpful suggestions

And way to go K! I want to put my kids in daycare just to get some advice with potty training! J has been in underwear for about a week. He can pretty much pee on command but poop is an issue (he doesn't want to go) and he's still having pee accidents sometimes. He does well when he's naked, but how feasible is that?

Woah! As I'm typing this he pooped (he's been playing naked at the water table with a small potty next to him - not quite ready for public but I'm trying to help him over the fear aspect with poop). Yay! Gotta start somewhere, right?

24. snowjewelz

@MrsF: yay!

25. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@MrsF: Poop has been our issue too. Apparently it's a common problem (especially with boys). We had success yesterday with me sitting with her for a ridiculous amount of time and reading. I got a pea sized nugget and she was done. Yah right. This was before dinner. I told her after dinner she needed to go again. We read again, and I didn't even get through one book before we had success. I think gravity/nature had really done the work though. But we celebrated nonetheless. We talked about how it didn't hurt, wasn't scary and she's so brave and strong. Up to this point, she's seemed scared. Would cry. Would refuse to go near the bathroom even to pee. It's been a really struggle every evening (her now normal time to poop). Shes been asking for a diaper to poop in. I've obliged but told her she has to stay in the bathroom. Nothing had been working. Books was our smoking gun for yesterday, we will see what today brings.

We are also in the same boat of asking/telling K to go to the bathroom. She will tell us sometimes she has to go, but I don't trust her yet, so I try to send her to the bathroom routinely. I also get the strong sense that she's not emptying her bladder every time she goes. Thus furthering my urge to send her more frequently.

26. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: you're so sweet - thanks for checking in! I've been pretty sick, but hanging in there. We will see if it lasts the whole time again this pregnancy! It's all worth it, though, so I can't complain too much.

@MamaG: that's so great daycare was able to work with her; it seems like she had done a great job of picking it up.

@MrsF: way to go, J! baby steps

27. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: Your daycare teachers sound so sweet, glad K is taking to it!

@theotherstark: So excited for you!

28. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mamag: i totally consider potty training assistance (and the peer pressure!) one of the things i pay daycare/preschool for!

neither of my girls have had big issues with pooping; E more than E a little bit, but both got the hang of it after 1-2w. we aren't a big "supplement" family, but i for sure bought some fiber gummies to use as both reward & to keep things moving (so to speak!) for the first 3m or so. i think it's also hard because it doesn't happen nearly as much as peeing, so it's just hard to catch it at the right time and reinforce appropriately! they'll get there!

@theotherstark: i forget, when are you due?!

@mrsf: go J! (literally...haha)

29. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Good luck on potty training!
    @MamaG: Hope things get better for you.
    @MrsF: lol and yay to him pooping on the potty! Going naked really helped E too.

E's been doing good on potty training but had 3 accidents yesterday. I'm trying to keep him in underwear only so he figures it back out. (we went camping this weekend so used pull ups, and I think that was a bad idea).
    On the poop-front he does good, but the trouble is catching him! He wants to do everything himself now but hasn't figured out wiping so a couple times he comes out and is still dropping turds as he walks, lol. Glad we have hardwood.

And back to doing everything himself... he has to dress himself, brush his own teeth, get his own bowl, buckle the car seat - which is the worst. I need to start leaving the house 5 min. earlier just for that!

30. snowjewelz

@josina: ahh hahaha re: wiping himself then dropping turds on the floor... I can't imagine if this happens on carpet!!

31. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@KayKay: mid-February!

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: 🙊🙊🙊🙊

33. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Y'all I realized last night that diapers have had a presence in our house for six years and it's almost over. I think my current supply is all that we will need, ever. It feels like such a huge moment in moving on and growing up. We are using them only for sleeping and I do think that is going to be short lived. Probably time for me to think about moving from the toddler bed to a big bed too. What the hell happened, three is right around the corner.

34. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Aww, I know what you mean! I look at her everyday and wonder how she came to be so big already!

35. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

Speaking of poop, whenever K goes she has to close her eyes. Apparently she liked looking down to see what was going on, but would get splashed when it hit the water, so this is what she came up with to avoid the splashes! Ha!

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: they are too big

@Miss Ariel: omg

37. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: such a milestone! That's great that K is doing so well!

@Miss Ariel: too funny

38. snowjewelz

@Miss Ariel: Hahaha!

We had a not so great experience with poop over the weekend. The potty seat we ordered arrived and we tried pee a few times but nothing. Suddenly she said she wanted to go poop on it, but since she's so new it at it, it was too late when she asked so poop kinda came out as she was going up and got everywhere. We were super okay/encouraging about it, but I think she was either scared or embarrassed and cried a lot. I hope this doesn't deter her too much

39. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: Hopefully K will bounce back. Unfortunately for us, we had something similar happen probably six months ago. The poop landed on the floor and I reacted (darnit!). Our K stayed fearful and traumatized apparently. But all that to say that I think we've finally broke through. She's willfully going poop and pee on the potty now.

Our current issue is fully emptying her bladder and bowel. And being willing to do both in the same session. We have gone through so much toilet paper with the child that seems to want to be in the bathroom every 30 minutes or so.

40. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@josina: Independence is real! And opinions! I feel you. C has finally started to buckle herself in the car. She's in a booster using a seatbelt, but the anchor is at a weird angle making it difficult. And while I love for C to gain this independence, Little Miss K has decided she can do her carseat herself and is really frustrated by us helping her.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee