Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I'm clearly nesting. I have 10 active listings on CL (2 sales already today) and have started to post to a local FB group too. I just want this stuff out of my house. And I'd love to sell enough to buy the couple of larger items we want (swing, dual monitor). My DH thinks I list too cheaply, but as long as I'm getting a little cash off each item, I don't care.

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Aww, at least you have tons of diapers! And I'm sorry about the leg cramps. I do get one every now and then, but they haven't been too bad, thankfully.

@AngelicOne: Oh man. We finally put our registries together. So overwhelming! Ha.

@FaithFertility: That is too adorable!!

@MamaG: Nice! I'm working on clearing stuff out too, storing stuff, etc. On Saturday I vacuum-packed a bunch of my work clothes, and other clothes that I won't be wearing until next spring/summer. It was nice to make a big dent in our closet!

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Hello all... Was away at a church retreat this weekend. Had a really good time but it was exhausting!

I also came down with something... My nose is all stuffed up and I can't breathe. I thought it was allergies but it's been going on since probably last Thurs, so maybe it's a cold?! Anyway... I don't feel too bad generally so I'm just gonna see if I can naturally beat it. If I'm still like this I guess I'll tell my OB this Friday.

I think I have my glucose test this Fri too... Eek!

4. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@FaithFertility: @theotherstark: the leg cramps suck. I keep scaring my husband by jumping out of bed really fast in the middle of the night to try and sort them out. No fun. FaithFertility - that dress is adorable!

@snowjewelz: hope you feel better soon. X

5. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Let's see some bump shots - it's been a while! I'm 24 weeks today but this was me in France last week overlooking a vineyard of gorgeous wine I couldn't drink!

6. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

My csection has been scheduled for my estimated due date - December 3rd

7. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: beautiful! So jealous you're in France!

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Just beautiful!

9. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: wow you look great and that scenery is amazing!

10. BabyBunny

olive / 52 posts

Can someone add me to the list of expecting girl mamas? EDD 12/27!

11. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@BabyBunny: welcome mama!

@Mrs.Lilac: you look amazing!

This isn't quite a bump shot but here I am at 24 weeks with family pups on a nature walk

12. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@theotherstark: do those vacuum packing bags work well/easily? I'd like to use them for our bulky winter stuff once spring rolls back around.

13. allison

pear / 1895 posts

I have taken zero bump pictures this pregnancy, and it makes me feel like a horrible mom. We took them every month with DS1! So it goes...

14. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@allison: I use the vacuum packs a lot. I find the cheaper ones eventually fill back up with air after extended periods. They are not that well made so it's worth going for mid range ones and not the cheapest ones. They are great though. I take the ones you can roll out the air in my case when I travel too. Saves space and protects clothes from potential shampoo expositions or whatever!

15. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Oh, thanks for the lovely comments. France was beautiful. Back in London now

Love the pic Magnolia. Your dogs are adorable!

16. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Ugh, I remember leg cramps last pregnancy! Soooooo painful!! I haven't experienced any this time around though, YET!

@FaithFertility: Cute outfit!!

@MamaG: YAY nesting!!! We finally took a bunch of crap to the dump and I've been cleaning out the garage too! And next week I think we start painting!!

@snowjewelz: Ugh, sorry you're not feeling great! Feel better soon!!

@Mrs.Lilac: You look fantastic!!!

@sandy: Ooooh, c-section scheduled! That's exciting!!

@BabyBunny: Welcome and congratulations!!

@magnolia: Your bump looks great!!

17. snowjewelz

@BabyBunny: Welcome!! Tell us more about you! Is this your 1st/2nd? Do you know if it's a boy/girl yet?

@magnolia: Love your pups And you look great!

@allison: Eh this is my 1st and I only really only take random bump pics. I realize I'm actually not all that sentimental lol!

@Mrs.Lilac: I love London too Went there once but it was like 5-6 years ago!

18. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: You look so great!! And what a beautiful location.

@magnolia: Great shot! And I love the pups

@sandy: Yay for having it scheduled! And that's great they were able to do it on your actual due date.

@BabyBunny: Congrats and welcome! Is this your first? And do you know if boy or girl? (Or are you team green??)

@allison: We love them! We picked some up at Container Store, and I use them to store my winter stuff (tons of scarves, bulky coats, etc.). We're in a one-bedroom apartment, so space is tight, so it's really helpful to be able to vacuum pack stuff and stick it under the bed, since it seals up so thinly. Yes, I highly recommend! And they're super easy - you basically just fold things and stick them in the bag, then vacuum the air out. Really simple.

19. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: you look amazing!
    @BabyBunny: yay welcome!!
    @magnolia: aww, how cute. you look great!

I've been slacking on my bump pictures mostly because I feel like my bump is too small. It's making me worried that baby Micah isn't growing enough, but my doctor assures me his measurements are good. I guess it'll just take longer for my bump to significantly pop out

20. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: Don't worry! I didn't really "pop" till well after 20 weeks. At 24 weeks people are just starting to comment that my bump really popped (despite comments earlier that I was having twins...) Some people just aren't all that big! My mom & I are both small framed so I don't expect to really be thaaat big.

21. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: thanks for the reassurement! my mom was the same way!

22. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@allison: same boat! I haven't taken any pictures yet!! I always tease my parents because there are NO pictures of me when I was little (#2 for my parents) but there are like a million of my older brother! I have to make a better effort so this doesn't happen to my #2!!

23. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

Anyone start working on a nursery yet? Should we start a Dec 14 Nursery board?

24. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

25. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@theotherstark: oh boy! Turns out I am a little behind the 8 ball! Thanks for the link!!

26. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@whenoceansrise: I think I really started to grow/show between 22 and 25 weeks... He's been growing like crazy lately.

27. BabyBunny

olive / 52 posts

Aw, thanks for asking! This is Baby#2!

We tried for two years and a bunch of different fertility treatments to get pregnant with our son, who is 12 months. Then we were a little sloppy with birth control and ... oops! Got a positive pregnancy test! It was totally unexpected and shook me a little at first, but of course we're thrilled now -- if a little terrified to have two under two.

28. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@BabyBunny: congratulations!!

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise: Girl you look great! That babe is growing just fine!!!!! So funny how us Mams worry about our babes already! Ahhh a Mothers llove ♥

I've been dead to the world......lol went back to work Monday my kiddos are great! Such a great class!!!!! But I have a lot of energy all day, but by 4:30 I'm a pumpkin....lol
    Sooo done!

30. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Here is my 25 weeks baby bump photo; tried to catch up on these last night but I missed a few weeks on the bb photos.

31. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@josina: Love the bump pic with the details! So neat!!

32. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@FaithFertility: Aww, thank you! I know, it's crazy how my mommy instincts are kicking in!
    @josina: So cute! Good idea!

33. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@BabyBunny: Aww, that's so great! I have heard of several people who had to undergo interventions with their first, only to have an "oops" second

@josina: You look great!!

34. snowjewelz

@BabyBunny: That's awesome! Congrats!

@FaithFertility: I still can't believe school already began!

35. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@josina: cute!

36. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@josina: how cute!!!

37. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@josina: So cute! I've always wanted to do pictures like that but never found the time. I love it!

@BabyBunny: Congrats on #2!

@FaithFertility: Glad your first week is going well! I start back teaching on Monday and I am looking forward to it and dreading it all at the same time.

38. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

I hate to be a debbie downer, but I feel like it will do me some good to update you all on the fetal echo I had on Monday to look at baby's heart in more detail. The doctor still saw the left side of his heart being smaller than the right, so he is 95% certain our little boy has hypoplastic left heart syndrome. We are going to a pediatric cardiologist Friday for a final diagnosis and to learn about our options/start creating a game plan, but it sounds like he will likely need several open heart surgeries, starting just days after birth.

I want to thank you all in advance for letting me talk about it here. I haven't been able to talk about it much yet and just saying it to someone other than DH really helps me process what is going on.

39. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsScallop: so sorry about your baby's heart issue and hoping for the best! Doesn't help but thank goodness the issue has been identified so they can monitor as soon as he's born and stay on top of his health. So tough to deal with news like that but so glad your docs are coming up with a game plan for him. Lots of hugs mama

40. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@sandy: Thank you!! I am incredibly grateful that we have found it already so we can be prepared for the road ahead. I have read several stories of people whose babies were diagnosed after birth and it sounds even more terrifying.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee