Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@FaithFertility: @snowjewelz: What made it cute rather than over the top? How did it seem different from a shower? I'm a little concerned about my mom going over the top and the whole thing seeming a little obnoxious (second baby shower in 2 years - definitely don't want to be / appear gift-grabby).

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsF: She had a mimosa bar that was fun with sparkling cider for her too!!

No games, it was a brunch setting kinda like a girls date!

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MrsF: Yeah I think what made it cute from sprinkles I've seen/attended is that it's just super low key. No registry really, just small gifts or themed gifts, and a small get together instead of a big production.

4. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MrsF: Jealous you might get a Sprinkle!!! I'm definitely not having one.

@FaithFertility: @snowjewelz: haha, the "Sprinkles" I've attended have been full on baby showers with registries and games and LOTS of people!! BUT they were both 3+ years after baby #1 had been born and baby #2 was the opposite gender, so maybe that's why.

5. Adira

Anyone else feel... uncomfortable down there... when walking around? I'm fine when I'm sitting or laying down, but whenever I get up and walk around, I'm in pain.

6. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Adira: That's how I was last week! I am feeling SO much better this week.
    ps. how far along are we? someone asked me the other day and I had NO IDEA.... lame brain!

7. Adira

@cheert16: Oooh, that's encouraging that you felt this way and are feeling better! I was worried it was going to last the rest of my pregnancy!

And I'm 24+2, so you must be 24+5!

8. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: I've been having random stomach pains for the past couple weeks... drs weren't worried about it but def. annoying!

9. Adira

@josina: As long as I'm not the only one! Glad your doctor wasn't concerned. Must be normal.

10. snowjewelz

So my GD appt was pretty lame! I have to pay a co-pay, it's the further office I have to travel to, there are limited appts w/ the dietitian... And she told me everything I already knew from Google & HB lol. At least she was very nice and kept emphasizing that even if my #s stay high w/ a diet, it's not my fault! I got prescriptions for the glucose machine so I gotta go figure that out today. Hopefully my insurance covers something! I have a feeling the worst thing about GD is not longer the eating, it's gonna be the finger pricking & the appts! I am so tired of going to the doctor non-stop!

11. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Ugh, I'm sorry the appt was so lame I can imagine the pricking and all those extra appointments would get really tiresome after awhile. Boo.

12. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: I seriously want to be like, can't we just like talk on the phone or skype or something?! lol I guess they need to make money and take my co-pay tho!

13. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: Are you going to be required to see the dietician regularly? Fortunately for me I only saw them twice and everything else is managed through my OB. I do have more frequent OB appts and will have bio-physical ultrasounds every two weeks starting next month.

Oh, and I hope that they at least gave you target glucose levels and target carbs per/meal/snack.

14. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I def have at least one appt w/ the her next week... I guess I'll ask then if I need to keep going back to her on top of going to my OB. I guess she is still needed in case I need to get meds?

Oo, what is bio-physical ultrasounds?

15. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: My dietician isn't a doctor and therefore can't prescribe anything (including the glucometer). All prescriptions come from my OB

bio-physical ultrasounds are just like a regular ultrasound, just with different purpose. Mine are to score the placenta, check amniotic fluid levels and track fetal growth. It's just another means of monitoring GD as it impacts the baby.

16. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Ahh I see. I got my prescriptions from the dietician so far! And thanks so much for the tidbits about the gear; I wrote down the model you mentioned @ Walmart in case I go to the pharmacy later and they don't cover enough!

17. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@snowjewelz: Hopefully you don't have to keep seeing the dietician. I had my initial class (to go over everything) & she did a follow up phone call a week later to talk #'s & such (to save me the 2nd copay) and everything else is through my OB.

18. snowjewelz

@AngelicOne: Hm. I should call too then and see if I can just talk over the phone too!

19. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@snowjewelz: Yeah definitely try. I was surprised the receptionist actually suggested it! I had to email my food log & #'s to the dietician so she could see them, she saw they were good & decreased my testing to twice a day instead of 4 x day.

20. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: I hope you are able to set something up over the phone like @AngelicOne: !! That would be great, and save you the time, hassle, and co-pay of going in!

How's everyone else doing? Any plans for the weekend?

21. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@theotherstark: Doing good here. Baby boy is upping his kicking game. Tried to get DH to feel yesterday & he stopped. lol This weekend is laundry/packing so we can start getting ready to go visit DH's family in MN on Thursday.

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@AngelicOne: Aww! Our little guy's kicks and movements are definitely getting super big and strong now. I love it. He does tend to stop when my husband tries to feel, but thankfully he's felt a bunch of movement at this point.

How long will you be in MN?? I think I'll probably end up doing a bunch of laundry/housework stuff this weekend too. And hopefully napping, because my sleep has not been great lately!

23. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@theotherstark: We'll be there from 9/4 til 9/14. We usually go towards the end of the month around his nephew's birthday, but they are having his party early, so we're going earlier.

Naps sound wonderful. Every time I say I want to take one, I don't end up doing it. (everything is so scheduled with GD, I try to wait until I have an hour stretch or so and by then I'm awake) lol

24. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@AngelicOne: aw that's great you're going to the party! Ugh sorry about the no naps. I keep meaning to take them on the weekends but just never seem to get around to it! So I'm hoping to be better this weekend

25. Adira

@snowjewelz: Ugh, sounds like your GD appointment wasn't that great. Hopefully managing your GD isn't too bad.

@theotherstark: We're pretty busy this weekend. Today we sent Xander to daycare and did one coat of paint in his new room. We'll potentially finish on Sunday, but might have to wait until my next off-Friday. Tomorrow, we're going to a family gathering with the in-laws and then Monday is another one with my family!

26. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: ughhh I am sorry about the finger pricking and all the dr visits....hang in there

27. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: @Adira: @FaithFertility: Thanks ladies

I had a meltdown this morning... I got so flustered trying to put everything together and read the directions, in the end I gave up starting to test today. Plus, I got super nervous about the needle part even tho I know it barely hurts and it's only a tiny drop of blood... I really need to woman up!

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: awww I am sorry, I think your totally allowed a meltdown

29. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@snowjewelz: Awww....hope tomorrow goes better for you!

30. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: @AngelicOne: I got over it and 1st test was fine! I just can't believe I have to do this 4x a day... Hopefully my #s will be good and maybe I can only do 2x a day later on!

I hope everyone is having a FABULOUS day today We are enjoying a quiet morning before heading out to run some errands... Yes... This is our exciting labor day weekend plans

31. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

Hi mamas! I am back from my vacation and baby is moving like crazy. I am getting somewhat painful kicks and have some discomfort in my lower stomach, kind of tight and hard, almost a similar feeling as before I get my period. Hoping this is normal and goes away soon....

@snowjewelz: sticking yourself is the worst! I hope you can adjust to it soon. When do you get results back?

32. snowjewelz

@magnolia: Oh no! I'm sorry that your kicks are painful! I hope your LO goes easy on you! I think what you're describing is BH.. I feel that too, in between a tightening & cramp.

Well my fasting # today is 94 and it's supposed to be < 90. I just did the 2nd one and it's 101, and I;m supposed to be between 70-120 so not bad! At least I know what I ate for breakfast was good!

33. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@magnolia: awwww your little munchkin is a soccer player
    mine kicks hard at times low almost feels right in my crotch.....it makes me jump at times....lol

But she sure has been a lazy lady the past day, I felt her a few times in the middle of the night but nothing much, mayne she is behind placents or having a growth spurt thankfully I did feel her or my butt would be at hospital...lol

34. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Brave gal! Hope your numbers continue bso you can go to 2x a day!

35. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@snowjewelz: Yay! Hopefully you get to decrease eventually.

@magnolia: Welcome back! I agree about the BH. I had them last night and they are no fun. My little dude likes to hide out down low so I feel him internally quite a bit, but Daddy wants to feel him too!

36. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@magnolia: sounds like it could be bh contractions. I get a bunch every day but nothing consistent so nothing to be concerned about. This baby is ALS extremely active it feels like all day long.

@snowjewelz: I hope the testing gets to be very routine and easy. Sounds like a lovely day to me

37. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

After living out of our suitcases and hopping around with family for the month, we move into our new place tomorrow. It has been a lovely vacation month, but pretty exhausting and I'm ready to have our own space back and get settled. I do not look forward to unpacking a whole house at 24 wks pregnant with a toddler though! I already feel pretty enormous and so tired at night. Hope everyone is well!

38. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Yay that's so exciting! I feel like you've been talking about the move for SO long! Take it easy and just try to do one area per day or something so you don't tire yourself out so quickly!

39. Adira

@snowjewelz: That's annoying that the fasting number was higher than it was supposed to be, but yay for the other number being in the good range! Keep up the good work!

@FaithFertility: I feel like my baby has been lazy the past couple days too! Not as much movement as he had been doing, but enough for me not to worry!

@winniebee: That's so exciting about your new place!! But I hear you about unpacking while pregnant AND with a toddler! Sounds like too much work.

40. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@FaithFertility: I've been feeling less movement lately too. I think maybe he's lower down so it's not so obvious?

@winniebee: hope the move is going well! We moved last month and definitely had to go slow with the unpacking (between the toddler and my pregnant self!)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee