Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MamaG: So sorry to hear mamaG I hope your DH is holding up alright. Who is visiting for 5 weeks?

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@FaithFertility: Thanks! You too! Did you do it already?

@MamaG: I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL.

@snowjewelz: Glad to hear baby girl is doing well and you're doing well with the GD! I just got the flu shot at my OB appointment today.

Glucose test today. I had fruit punch flavor. It was okay until I got about half way through it and then it started tasting gross. I should find out the results tomorrow I think. Also had my OB appointment. She's not happy with my weight gain. I've gained 27 lbs. She suggested limiting carbs. Bleh.

3. snowjewelz

@Adira: Hey how come mine didn't say I can get it there?! I wonder if I can... If you want, I can really encourage you to cut down on carbs too! My GD diet really helped me not gain once pound (maybe even lost).

4. Adira

@snowjewelz: Maybe you can't?? I had to get the RhoGam shot today and I just said "Can I get the flu shot too?" and they gave it to me. Otherwise I would've gotten it at my work.

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Yep, mine tasted like orange soda not bad, but I'm super dizzy now....time to eat protein!

I had an apt as well baby is is good, and I'm measuring right on track. ...one little hiccup was apparently she didn't see a good picture of babies left heart track flow?!? Not meaning it loooked bad, but it was not clear so she just wants another peek amd didn't seemed worried ar all, I'm just wondering why I'm hearing about it now?!?!

6. Adira

@FaithFertility: Yeah, is that from the anatomy scan that they didn't get a good picture?? Because that was a while ago... so definitely bizarre!

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Yes, and I got a call about a few days later that said all looked great, and have been back for an apt since? Ughhhh I know all is ok, but it just sits weird

8. Adira

@FaithFertility: So strange!!

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: I am so sorry to hear! Praying for your family!

10. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@BandDmommy: Oh man. I have phases where I'm like OMG the baby will be here so soon! And I have to birth him!!! And then others where I'm all, Oh, there is so much time!

@MamaG: I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL And that's tough about people staying in your place for so long, even if they are helping. I guess that's one nice thing about having a 1 bedroom apartment??

@snowjewelz: That's great about your weight, and it's so neat you were able to see her in 3d!! I'm a little sad I won't be able to see our little guy again until he's born

I am able to get a flu shot through work, so I just got that on Wednesday. I think I'll just do the TDAP at our local pharmacy, or at the pharmacy in our hospital.

@Adira: Ahh, I'm sorry I really am not sure if I could limit carbs at this point! Ha. Food still doesn't really sound good most of the time, so I have been eating a lot of carby stuff still.

@FaithFertility: Huh, that's so weird they didn't tell you until now!

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@theotherstark: Right? As much as I'm thinking about it, I keep thinking well can't be bad/urgent or else I would have known already?

12. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: Yeah, I think sometimes they just can't see things in the scans and need to re-do; I'm sure everything is fine. Try not to stress about it! At least you'll get to see your little babe again

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@theotherstark: Yes, that is exactly what she said and its FREE! So I'm hoping they switch on the 4D and I can cancel the one I booked that is $150

14. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: That would be awesome! Fingers crossed

15. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MamaG: I'm so sorry for your loss.

16. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MamaG: oh no I'm so sorry to hear about your loss

@snowjewelz: I would get them through your OB if you can. That's where I got mine last time and will again this time.

17. winniebee

@Adira: doesn't she realize carbs give us a reason to get through the day while pregnant?

18. Adira

@winniebee: Seriously! She told me I could have one serving of pasta a WEEK. One serving of rice a WEEK. One serving of potatoes a WEEK. I was like "You are crazy!"

19. winniebee

@Adira: that's absurd! Says the girl who just are 3 pieces of pizza for lunch

20. snowjewelz

@Adira: That's pretty crazy.. That's worse than my GD diet!

21. snowjewelz

@winniebee: I miss pizzaaaaa DH peeled off some cheese on top for me to eat once cause I just wanted some so badly haha~

22. Adira

@winniebee: Yeah, on the weekends, I usually go through half a pizza plus other carby things! There's no way I can limit it that much.

@snowjewelz: Oh really?? Can you still have carbs on the GD diet?

23. snowjewelz

@Adira: Yep I just can't have over 15g for snacks and have to keep it under 40g for meals. White rice/pasta/bread are also really bad for my glucose so I stuck to whole wheat & brown rice. Have not eaten any pasta at all! It's tough b/c the more I look into it, there are carbs in everything, even food that I'd think are low or carb-less!

24. Adira

@snowjewelz: I wonder how carby those veggie pasta things are. Maybe we can both eat those, haha. Who knows, maybe I'll soon be joining you on the GD diet...

25. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

The carbs in pasta are fairly uniform regardless of kind. I think it's fairly shocking to see how many carbs you actually eat vs recommendations. On my GD diet I'm allowed close to 180 carbs per day. You might be surprised just how high all the carb foods are. And how much better you feel when you replace with protein.

Of course I love carbs and miss pizza! I still eat rice, pasta, and potatoes but in normal portions.

26. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Also thanks for all the sympathy. Eating a GD diet in the South where everyone shows their sympathy with fried chicken and dessert has been trying.

27. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: ugh that stinks. I carbs!

28. Adira

So our dressers arrived yesterday!!! The packages were left leaning against the house because we weren't here when they arrived, so Hubs and I attempted to bring them into the house ourselves. They each weight like 150 lbs, so I couldn't help lift them!! But luckily, a couple of our neighbors were walking their dogs and saw us struggling and ran right over to help so that I didn't have to struggle with it! Now we need to figure out how to get them upstairs, haha.

29. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@MamaG: so sorry for your loss!

@Adira: bummer about the carbs! I know I have gained over 20 lbs at this point and probably should eat less carbs too. I am glad your dressers arrived though! Good luck getting them upstairs

30. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

Well, baby is determined to not let us know what exactly what is wrong with his heart it seems. Once again he was positioned in such a way that the cardiologist could not get a view of the left side. I felt bad for the dr as he was clearly frustrated that he can't give us any more answers about what is wrong and how we should plan for the future. DH was upset about it too, which sucked. So we might have another month to wait before we can try again, depending on where we decide to ultimately have him treated. We are trying to decide between three hospitals within 3 hours of us, so that will be the next big decision for us to make. Otherwise, DH set up the new crib yesterday, so we are slowly getting the room ready for baby.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

31. babypie

olive / 53 posts

I am ecstatic right now. Had gd with #1 and managed to control with diet, but it was challenging. It will definitely be more challenging now with a toddler's eating habits. This time around, I also failed my 1hr but only by a little and had to take a 3hr. And I passed! I still cannot believe it. I did learn a lot about sugars my first time and have modified my diet in general. Hope everyone is feeling good.

32. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@babypie: congrats!! That must be such a great feeling!

33. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@MamaG: Sorry to hear about your MIL.

@babypie: Congrats on passing this time.

@MrsScallop: That's frustrating. Sorry the baby isn't cooperating.

34. winniebee

@MrsScallop: so frustrating. What type of treatments are you looking at?

35. winniebee

@babypie: great news!

36. winniebee

So my husbands new work had a party for him tonight and several people commented how I'm so small! I mean I have 3 months to go? Maybe they were just being nice Bc I feel like in at least average for 27 wks. There was another woman there due in January though and she did look bigger than me. Now I'm self conscious!

37. winniebee

@Adira: take the stuff out of boxes and carry upstairs in pieces

38. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@winniebee: They are entirely surgical, as the large right ventricle and small left ventricle are likely due to structural issues with the surrounding valves and major blood vessels. It could be as "easy" (as the cardiologist put it) as fixing his aorta, or as complicated as a three part surgery rerouting the circulation between his heart and lungs so that his heart functions with just two chambers instead of four. DH is intent on us going to the farthest away hospital (who has a large pediatric cardiac surgery program), while I worry about the logistics of going that far with no family nearby to help. It is a lot to think about!

39. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@winniebee: funny how we can be worried with any comment about the size of our bumps! I bet the woman due in January is feeling self conscious too compared to you. I think you look great!

40. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: how fun!

I got my flu shot yesterday and the nurse told me my bump looked very large for being due end of November. :(. She said "wow, there's not much room left for that baby." DH thinks it's because I'm petite.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee