Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. missybear

grape / 88 posts

Just had my 35 week appt! I got a cervical check earlier than planned due to lots of BH and painful cramping, but everything looks good! Still firm but starting to soften, and 1cm which means nothing haha.

Question, though... last appt at 33 weeks, my fundal height was 35cm, and then today at 35 weeks, it was 40cm. Is that normal for it to increase so much in such a short time?

Also, thoughts on swings? Just wondering what you all recommend for one... I have no clue what swing is good without breaking the bank, as well as if a swing is even something I should get before the baby gets here? SHould I wait? I feel like it's such crunch time now! Only 9 more work days, so at least I'll have some time off to wrap everything up that I still need to get done.

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@missybear: Glad to hear everything is looking good, cervix-wise! And I know very little about fundal height, so I have no idea what's normal or not. What did your OB say?

As for the swing, we have the Fisher Price Snuggabunny and we LOVE it. Xander did his best naps in that thing! BUT we wouldn't have bought it on our own - it's so pricey!! We had it handed down to us by my SIL. And I've heard some babies don't even like it, so it's a scary purchase.

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@whenoceansrise: that's awesome!!!

4. winniebee

We have the Fischer price snugabunny swing and it was
    Magic. My son hated all other swings!

5. missybear

grape / 88 posts

@adira: My OB didn't say anything about it, other than he thought it must be hurting my ribs. Which it is. I'll have to ask him about it at my next appt, though... Now I'm curious. Didn't even cross my mind to ask while I was there! Good to know about the swing, they're so pricey. Fingers crossed I can find one for cheap, maybe? haha

@winniebee: looks like the snuggabunny swing was the general conscensus thus far Might be worth biting the bullet and just getting that one! Which I had been trying to avoid because it's expensive. But maybe worth it??

6. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@missybear: Glad to know things are okay! But sorry that you've been in so much pain!

We're not getting a swing... We'll just have a rocker. I feel like swing just takes up so much space!

7. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: I know how you feel. We are remodeling and it has taken FOREVER. So close to being done but now our mud guy is 2 weeks out and once he's done we still have floors and paint to do, so cutting it close! I think I'm just going to start moving stuff out of the babys room and stuffing it somewhere else so we can at least get that done/ready. (vs. it being storage for our living room decor).

@missybear: I hadn't planned on buying a swing, so unless we get one handed down probably won't have one? We do have a rock & play, hoping that will be enough. I just don't want too much 'stuff' taking up room.

I have had crazy bad heartburn/acid reflux at night, although it seems to have tapered off this past week. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

We had maternity/family photos this weekend! I am stalking our photographers facebook page for any sneak peaks. Nervous to see them since I don't do 'serious' poses well but we did a lot of just belly shots that I am excited to see as well. Glad my hubby suggested we take them as I think I wouldn't have and then probably would've regretted it! I

8. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@missybear: we have the snugabuny swing too. LO was not a huge fan. But we kept it to try for DD.

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@BandDmommy: Good for you, sounds like your on the track to 37+ weeks

@missybear: hmmm I'm not sure either on fundal height, I measured almost 34 on Friday and I'm 32 weeks.........

@josina: awwwwv sorry about the heart burn We too took pictures this weekend, and I'm stalking too....lol

10. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

We had the momaroo swing for C, she wasn't a huge fan. We sold it and recouped most of our funds. We got the snugapuppy this time. I had been stalking the snuga-line and got a good deal on Target.com a couple of months ago. It does take up a lot of room

11. winniebee

@missybear: it depends what kind of baby you have. Mine definitely needed the swing! We were gifted one. we bought another for my mother in laws house!

12. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Thanks so much for the support ladies. I know that everyone still has stuff to do and that we can still do things once baby is here. I just need a more positive attitude!

I'm going to a baby exhibition on Friday where I plan to buy most things as they have lots of discounts so I think after that il feel better!

I can't decide about a swing. My sisters kids loved it so I'm temped but they do take up a lot of floor space...

Decided to get the uppa baby vista as my pram I think. It just has the most massive basket and you can add a toddler seat for when/ if we have number too. Quite excited about getting it now!

13. winniebee

@Mrs.Lilac: most of my friends had that stroller and loved it!

14. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: I've heard great things about the UBV. Just FYI, the bucket seat can be uncomfortable if you plan on having back to back kids that are close in age.

15. snowjewelz

I feel you ladies on gear craze... I'm in the process of completing my registry now, and I'm having so many 2nd thoughts about everything! For example, we already have a hand me down Baby Bjorn, and I originally wanted an Ergo, but now I'm thinking maybe I should just get a cheap Infantino Mei Tai and go from there and not commit to something so expensive first!

16. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Sneak peak... Maternity photos

17. winniebee

@BandDmommy: adorable!

18. Adira

@BandDmommy: Gorgeous!!!!

19. winniebee

I officially couldn't pull my nice maternity jeans up over my ass today. Granted I had just washed and dried them, but still. Oy.

20. Adira

@winniebee: Oh man, this is why I hate jeans in general. I always struggle with that.

21. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: So pretty!!

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@missybear: I think fundal height can be a bit tricky to measure, so if your OB wasn't concerned, I think everything is fine As to swings, we decided to not get one for the moment, since we're still in our one-bedroom and keeping gear to a minimum. If we decide we really need one, we'll probably go with the snuggabunny! The 4moms one looks awesome, but it's so expensive.

@josina: Ugh, sorry about your heartburn That is one pregnancy symptom that I still have managed to escape, knock on wood! I can't wait to see maternity pics - I hope you post some here!

@Mrs.Lilac: Sounds like you have a good game plan; those exhibitions sound great! I'm slowly buying things we need off our registries using coupons, etc.

@BandDmommy: So pretty!! Love your outfit.

@winniebee: Ugh, I have given up on my jeans. I'm only wearing dresses and leggings at this point! Sigh. Even the maternity tights I bought feel like they're pressing too much against my tummy.

23. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@BandDmommy: Love the pic! Even more ancy to see mine!

24. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@BandDmommy: so gorgeous!!

25. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@BandDmommy: so beautiful!

26. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: Ugh. I'm wearing jeans out and about (and scrubs at work) but I spend all day looking forward to when I can put on PJ or yoga pants.

27. Adira

@MrsF: That's the first thing I do when I get home! Xander wants dinner and I'm all "Wait for mama to put on her pjs!"

28. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

What are you guys packing as your going home outfit from hospital? I'm thinking yoga pants, nursing tank and either button down shirt or wrap sweater.

29. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: I haven't put on my 7FAM in ages. I have some nice stretchy AG I live in.

30. Adira

@BandDmommy: Yep - exactly that, which is what I did last time. Yoga pants, nursing tank, and a wrap sweater.

31. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

LOVE

32. winniebee

I wore loose fitting gap lounge pants, a nursing tank, and open cardigan last time. I will probably wear the exact same thing this time.

@BandDmommy: all I want to wear is leggings now!!

33. winniebee

@BandDmommy: love it too!

34. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

me and the hubby

35. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@missybear: Glad your appointment went well and showed a good cervix! For fundal height, I have always measured large and I think it can change quite a bit depending on where baby is positioned. If your OB wasn't worried, I wouldn't be either. With the swing, we originally didn't plan on buying one because we had a small apartment and they can be very large, but family chipped in and bought us the FP My little lamb swing (essentially the same thing as the Snugabunny). We loved having it but I know swings can be hit or miss with babies. And just 9 more work days! Exciting!!

@josina: Hope your heartburn goes away! Also looking forward to seeing your photos! I am jealous of those who have maternity photos. I've been terrible about taking any kind of photos this pregnancy.

@snowjewelz: I'd probably go cheap at first then decide on a more expensive one after baby comes. It may take a while to decide which one you want! (I still haven't)

@BandDmommy: You look amazing! I love the color of your dress!

@winniebee: Ugh, I feel you! I had an ultrasound this morning and struggled to get my clothes back in order in front of the tech and her student. Bah.

@BandDmommy: I'm pretty sure I will be wearing my maternity jeans, nursing top, and cardigan. Maaaybe yoga pants instead of jeans.

36. Adira

@BandDmommy: Gorgeous photos (and family)!!!

37. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@BandDmommy: exactly that!! haven't even started thinking about It yet though!

38. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@BandDmommy: adorable pictures!!!

have you guys started Christmas shopping yet?? I did today because I am starting to panic that I wont get everything done before this lil girl gets here!!

39. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@BandDmommy: Ahh, I love it! Nice shoes!

@winniebee: I haven't even purchased maternity jeans! Although I obviously can't fit into my own jeans anymore, I just wear some denim leggings with tunics. Way more comfy!

40. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

Well, I had my care transfer appointment today at the MFM along with a growth ultrasound. Baby is breech (boo) and weighing in at ~3lbs 4oz at 31.5 weeks, which the Drs seemed to think is a good weight. He is still stubborn and won't let us see his heart and even made sure his face was buried in my back so we couldn't see that either. But, I will be having weekly ultrasounds and NSTs starting in 2 weeks, so I will have a lot of opportunity to see him in one way or another. Can't believe I have just 8 weeks to go!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee