Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Second time moms, are you noticing changes in your LO? C is just over 3 and for the past 2 weeks or so her behavior is HORRIBLE. She's perfectly pleasant one minute and in the worst of tantrums the next. The tantrums last for a good hour at this point as we try to calm her down and reason with her. For the first time I'm scouring amazon for parenting books. I know there are several factors including simply her age, my lack of consistency and probably the change coming our family's way. But I'm worn out.

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MamaG: Hmm I believe the order was placed 9/21. Then when I checked on it they said shipping window was mid-Nov to mid-Dec! But then suddenly it was at the store last week and delivered today. I think they just give you a far away date just in case.

3. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: So a little over 5 weeks! You got the Best chair from BBB, right? I think we ended up ordering the same one if I recall. We placed our order on 10/3 and were told 11/14 - 11/28 (6-8 weeks). I'd love for it to come in early.

4. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I would think so! I think we do have the same one. I'm loving it so far! So plush and comfy

5. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Woohoo, I finally know when I'm moving house. We are moving on Tuesday! Yay! I'm dreading it but hopefully we will be all settled in the new house before the baby comes. It will give me 5 weeks to get organised and start decorating the nursery etc. the thought of packing up my house this week is a but intense. My husband is going away this weekend too so he can't even help me oh well, I'll just have to man up.

I also finally bought some baby things. A got the uppababy cruz stroller, a crib and car seat amongst other things. It's so nice to know I can order things and get them sent to my new address. Just want to fast forward this week and be in already!

6. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MamaG: we have had some issues as well. Lots of trouble surrounding nap time and bed time, not listening to us at all, and epic tantrums. He's 2.5. I think a lot of it is sleep driven (ie if he doesn't nap his behavior is really poor). I think it's also the age for us and having a strong willed child. We are really trying to follow through on rules and consequences but it is really hard. I don't know that any of it is related to the baby coming. He seems genuinely excited about that.

7. winniebee

Thanks for all of the support ladies. I think the hardest thing has been that I was expecting preterm labor, but not expecting any issue whatsoever with the baby so to be contending with both of those issues is stressful. I think I will feel better in another few weeks once lung development is better (34+ weeks) and once I know baby is over 4 lbs. Until then the contractions (the real ones not just BH) still freak me out so I will be resting as much as possible.

8. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MamaG: no real changes. B is a very energetic child and that can be exhausting at times. I actually had to quit work because he was struggling at daycare. However, I work really hard on strict discipline and he is really a different kid now. He still has some issues but overall it's so much better!!

In a different note, B cuddled with me this morning for over an hour. B woke up early so DH put him in bed with me. B kept insisting I "hold him". So I did and we both fell asleep for over an hour. My heart melts spending such quality time with my baby boy.

9. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how stressful all the doctors appointments are and not knowing exactly what's going on. Big hugs!!!

10. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@theotherstark: We plan to keep most of the clothes in dressers too. Hanging stuff up just isn't as convenient for me. Plus his changing pad is on the dresser, so I won't have to remember to grab clothes in advance.

@snowjewelz: Yay! That's exciting about your glider!!!

@MamaG: Xander's only 20 months. In the beginning of this pregnancy, I noticed him tantruming more, but after talking to other Spring 2013 Mamas, I think it's just the phase he's in and didn't really have anything to do with my pregnancy. I'm expecting some radical changes though once the baby gets here and he hits the terrible twos...

@Mrs.Lilac: Oh my gosh, you're moving NEXT Tuesday???? That's insane! But AWESOME! Congrats!!! And it'll be so nice to get settled in and have some time to get things set up for the baby!!

@winniebee:

11. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: congrats on moving into your new place!!

12. winniebee

@Mrs.Lilac: that's so exciting! Will you have help with the move? I want to tell you to take it easy but I know it's not possible. Just try not to over do it!

13. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Good news about your house, although try to take it easy!! Lots of water and rest

@winniebee: I would be really stressed too, especially with the real contractions. I'm glad you're managing them, though, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your little guy stays in there for a good long while!

14. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: Yeah! That is so exciting. My SIL is moving around the same time and also due around the same time, so I totally understand the stress but at the same time it'd be great to set up everything up! Pls take it easy tho!!

@winniebee: Just a few more weeks to push through and I hope & pray that everything will be alright! Rest up!

15. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Do you guys know if your baby is head down? I assume this is something OBs start looking at? Last US baby girl was breech. I'm hoping she's turned, but I have no idea how to tell. Darn accounting degree is so useless.

16. Adira

@BandDmommy: I haven't had a u/s since 20 weeks, but at my last appointment, my midwife THOUGHT he was head down.

The only way that I know of to kind of tell on your own is if you feel something that could be the head or the butt pressing against you (basically something large and round). If you press against it and it moves - that's the butt. If you press against it and it doesn't move - that's the head. Not sure how accurate that is or not! And even if you know the butt's up by your ribs, that doesn't necessarily mean the head is where it needs to be!

17. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: Yep! I suspected b/c I started feeling so much pressure on my bladder, and the next OB visit confirmed it.

18. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@BandDmommy: Ha. I knew he was head down because I could feel his hiccups really low, and I can feel his little feet constantly lodged in my upper side Midwife confirmed at my last two appointments. I haven't had an ultrasound since about 20 weeks. I think you can just ask your OB and they should be able to get a good idea of her position just by feeling your belly!

19. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: so sorry that you have to worry about moving, but I'm glad you have a date! Try not to do too much!

@winniebee: glad you're resting as much as you can and loving towards a safer zone for baby's lungs!

@BandDmommy: my OB thought he was head down and I definitely feel the hiccups very low so I think she's probably right. Hope your LO has turned!

20. winniebee

@BandDmommy: mine is head down per ultrasounds. He was breech at 24 or 28 wks (I can't remember) but by 28 or 30 was head down.

21. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@BandDmommy: LO is head down, I know for certain from ultrasounds. I also feel the hiccups low. My OB is able to generally feel the difference between the bottom and the head. Your OB should be able to tell, I would hope. Are you scheduled to have any additional ultrasounds?

22. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@BandDmommy: Last midwife appt (on Monday) she didn't even check. She was too busy yelling at me. I see the Dr next Thurs so I assume he will check!

23. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@MamaG: I think my lil guy knows something is up. He is 18 months and super clingy (could just be his age) But he wants me to hold him and snuggle him all the time. I am starting to get nervous for this big change that is going to happen in his life.

24. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Ahhh! Make sure to take it a little easy (way easier said than done!!)

25. snowjewelz

Bleh got denied for my flu & Tdap today since I'm sick, but at least the doctor looked me over to make sure it's not the flu! I need to call my OB again and ask if there's annnnything I can take b/c I can't make another appt for the shots till I'm clear!

26. Adira

So I finally ordered some gifts for Xander from the baby!! I got such random stuff, lol.

I got him a little stuffed teddy bear, because he's super into teddy bears at the moment (I got a matching one for the baby too). I ordered some toy cars that match some he already has. And I ordered a little basketball set for him because he loves balls. Random stuff for his little bro to be giving him, but I couldn't think of anything else and I just wanted to order stuff and be done with it!

27. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Ah, thanks for all the supportive comments. I will try to take it easy but it going to be difficult. My mum is coming to help me at the weekend so that will be helpful.

Quick question -

I think I had some really intense braxton hicks last night after my yoga class. Not sure if it was or not. It was really painful across my stomach but it didn't come and go, it was a continuous tightening for about 40 mins. I had to stop and breath through it and was nearly I tears. It came on when I was walking home from the class quite quickly so I wasn't sure If I hadn't just pulled a muscle. I stopped in a shop to get some food and I think they thought I was in labour as I had to keep stopping and do some deep breathing! Is this what BH feel like?

28. Adira

@Mrs.Lilac: Hmm... I've never had a braxton hicks last that long or feel as painful as you describe, so I'm not sure! The ones I've experienced have been a tightening across my stomach (or on sections of my stomach) that have been maybe slightly painful (enough for me to stop and notice, but not super painful). And mine seem to only last a minute or two - not go on for 40 minutes, so I'm not sure what it is you experienced.

29. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: those sound like real contractions. However, I've never heard of a contraction lasting that long. I assume they went away after you ate, right?

30. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@snowjewelz: urg- that's the worst!! I have a little cold and am being a baby about it!

@Adira: Yay! I haven't gotten anything yet! Its on my 5 page long to do list.....

31. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: aww cute! I have gotten B one thing. I'm waiting till DH and I can go to the toy store near our house and pick out some stuff together.

32. snowjewelz

@cheert16: we shall be babies together I feel pretty bad for DH; I complain/whine nonstop AND I keep him up at night too! And he insist for me to stay in bed and not sleep in another room..

33. winniebee

@Mrs.Lilac: It sounds like it could have been a real contraction but like others have said, contractions usually last 30 seconds to a few minutes, so I'm not sure if it was?

34. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@snowjewelz: I totally groan all night long. When its time to shift from side to side- or when I am snacking on my tums.... I am super annoying. Just getting DH ready for when the new baby comes!

Just totally scored a Dutailier Glider on CL for $25.00!! Picking up Sunday!

35. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Just echoing what others have said, but I think if it's actually painful then it's a real contraction. My BH are uncomfortable because it's so tight, but not painful. Surprising that it lasted more than a minute or two though. I wonder if the baby was just in a really crazy painful position? If it happens again I would call your OB.

36. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

My OB appointment today was better than my last two BP was still high, but down a little; no protein in the urine so no pre-e yet. My Dr said she thinks I'm doing better because I stopped working and that she was relieved that I stopped, so I was glad to have her validation on that decision.

She wants to see me twice a week now, so clearly she's still concerned, but I'm glad she's watching me and baby closely!

37. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

I can't wait to see pictures of everyones finished nurseries!

I started filling out my FMLA paperwork today for maternity leave and I can't decide how much time to take off. I only have enough PTO time for 6 weeks, but I really want at least 8 weeks. So that'd be two weeks unpaid plus I'd have to make the payments for my insurance premiums myself since I won't be getting a check for it to come out of. But... that 6 weeks is going to go by way too fast.

38. Adira

@MrsF: Yay for the no pre-e!!! Twice a week appointments though - wow!

@whenoceansrise: Do you have STD at all that will cover part of your leave? Honestly, if you can afford it, I'd go for the 8 weeks. I was still struggling with breastfeeding at 6 weeks and hadn't made any sort of stash for when I returned to work (if you're thinking of breastfeeding/pumping), so I would have definitely needed a couple more weeks!

39. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Adira: I do have STD, but I'm afraid that it won't be any good since I will be using it after January. My benefits start over in January and I don't want to enroll in STD again. Which sucks because I purchased it last year during open enrollment just in case I got pregnant but it looks like I won't even be able to use it.

40. Adira

@whenoceansrise: If you have STD and enroll in it again for January, will that give you more time to be home with the baby? For me, I have 6 weeks of STD, so I only need 6 weeks of vacation in order to be home for 12 weeks and paid fully. Is that how yours works?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee