Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Oh no, I hope everything with your liver is okay!

@MamaG: Awww, I agree with @theotherstark that it's so weird thinking of them as almost full size now! Yay for hair!

2. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

Since we'll be having winter babies, does anyone plan on getting a carseat cover/canopy of some sort? or just use a blanket?

3. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@whenoceansrise: we had this car seat cover:

http://www.amazon.com/JJ-Cole-Seat-Cover-Graphite/dp/B00511J6BM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1414693712&sr=8-5&keywords=jj+cole

and we'll use it again. It is considered safer than the "bundle me" variety because it doesn't go between the baby and the back of the car seat. We still put a blanket in there sometimes to keep it more cozy but it was really nice to have a cover that wasn't going to blow away in a snowy parking lot like a blanket would.

4. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@whenoceansrise: I'm just planning on using a blanket. Xander was also a winter baby (February) and a blanket seemed good enough for him. I also don't really plan to go out THAT much while it's cold and snowy!

5. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@whenoceansrise: I'm planning on using a blanket. I love the A&A blankets.

6. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@MrsF: @Adira: @BandDmommy: Thank you ladies for your suggestions! I think I will probably just use a blanket!

7. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@whenoceansrise: I have one of the JJ Cole Bundle Me covers that I got for the baby shower... we have an outlet store nearby so great deals on stuff like this!

8. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@whenoceansrise: we live in a really cold climate and have the jjcole bundleme.

9. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@whenoceansrise: My friend gave me her JJ Cole Bundle Me! I also have a thick fleece blanket.

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Yikes, I hope all is ok! Prayers for a healthy checkup!

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: getting so so close

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise: I'm in FL sooo I'm going with just a blanket!

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

2:30 a.m. WIDE.AWAKE.....lol thankfully I took a PD day off tomorrow! Needed a day with hubby and we have a CPR class!

14. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@FaithFertility: 3 hours later and now I am wide awake, boo! I wish my husband was nesting, even if he was doing things incorrectly. I would love too see him helping clean up more!

15. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@snowjewelz: so sorry you are still sick! Definitely take something to help you out if your OB approved it. Rest up too!

16. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: I hope everything is ok and your dr appointment went well! Thinking of you.

17. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@MamaG: so crazy to think your baby is pretty much fully grown now. You are so close!!

18. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@whenoceansrise: here in the snowy Midwest I loved having a cover similar to what MrsF posted. I got it super cheap at target and it made me feel a lot better about taking LO outside.

19. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@FaithFertility: @MrsScallop: the insomnia is killing me! So sorry you girls have been up too

20. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@MrsF: hopefully we all start getting more sleep soon. I don't need to start the sleep deprivation trend yet. It will be a long 6 months or so otherwise!

21. Adira

Figures the night after I post about getting good sleep, I have to wake up to pee!!

And looks like others dealt with insomnia during the night.

22. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

I actually slept really well last night. I had the room nice and cold though. It really helped!

23. Adira

@BandDmommy: You stole my sleep!

24. winniebee

I slept well last night! Fell asleep around 10 and woke at 12:15 when my husbands pager went off and had a pee break. And then peed at 3:15. But T didn't wake up til 7. Yay.

25. winniebee

@BandDmommy: sleeping with a fan and keeping it cool really helps me too.

26. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@BandDmommy: I always sleep better when it's cold in the room! It's much more difficult now that I'm pregnant, though, since I'm so hot all the time!

@whenoceansrise: I'm going to play it by ear. I think we'll just have a warm blanket to start off with, and we'll reevaluate to see if we need a cover.

@Mrs.Lilac: I hope your appt went well!

27. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: @BandDmommy: Yes, we are getting a cold front this weekend and I am so excited to open the windows and cool/air out the house

28. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@BandDmommy: @winniebee: I am glad you two got sleep! Seems it goes in phases here.

29. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Ah jealous of you & that FL weather today! Northeast has been crazy... Yesterday was almost 70 and today back to 50s. I guess it's really no surprise that everyone is sick!

I sleep okay if you don't count randomly waking up to pee and then to cough... Ugh! My OB just said I should get over it within 2 weeks, it's been week 1

What's everyone up to this weekend? I'm going to a breastfeeding class tomorrow, and maternity photoshoot on Sunday! Not that I feel up to it at all but hopefully she will make me look good hahaha. I bought some fake lashes to DIY my make-up... Hope it turns out well!

30. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@snowjewelz: we are trick or treating tonight with LO, then likely doing chores and errands all weekend. Not very exciting after tonight. Have fun at your photo shoot!

31. winniebee

Tonight we are taking T trick or treating for a bit then passing out candy.

Tomorrow my parents are coming up to help out so I can rest since my husband is on call.

Sunday we have no plans it's supposed to be very cold and rainy so I really don't know what we will do but my husband should be off to be in charge of our son.

Ordered a bookshelf, new mobile and some prints for the baby's room as well as some random stuff on my amazon registry that doesn't qualify for the discount. I can't decide on a double stroller (whether to go for it or wait) so I have been holding off on completing my private registry. But want to do it soon. I also need to find some blackout blinds -- like some on PBkids but they are so frigging expensive and I'm not sure the reviews make it worth it. May go with Target brand instead :). Baby furniture should be here in a week and my mom will come up then to help organize the baby room.

@snowjewelz: sounds really fun and very baby focused which is exciting! I remember I had an awful cold for a month in the third tri last time. It was miserable and it took forever to get Dover but sounds like you are getting there.

32. Adira

We have no specific plans for this weekend. If the weather is decent, I want to tackle cleaning some of the garage out. Otherwise I'll tackle cleaning the bedroom. Nothing too fun though.

33. snowjewelz

@MrsScallop: I think I'm gonna pretend I'm not home and hide in the basement and watch TV lol.

@winniebee: Completing registry is not easy! I went nuts and ordered a TON of stuff from Target and then back tracking to see what I am returning. I want to go to BBB tomorrow to buy some things too; I got their completion coupon (which is only 10%), but they said they'd match their competitors and Target gives 15%. I have an Amazon registry too hahaha! Sometimes I can't keep track of it all! My intention is to price watch to see what's cheapest where...

@Adira: I've delegated garage cleaning to DH... It's all his stuff anyway! I told him he somehow needs to make room for the suitcases that we keep in the nursery closet! I feel bad for nagging him, but I seriously feel like I still get so much stuff done being pregnant, sick & working!

34. Adira

@snowjewelz: Luckily, my problem in the garage is really just old cardboard boxes we never got rid of. They're just piled up on the side of the garage and make it so I can't get into one side of my car. I just need to break them down and put them in recycling!

35. snowjewelz

@Adira: Oo, that sounds easy enough! It's one of those things that you just don't get around to if it's not urgent!

36. Adira

@snowjewelz: Yep, exactly! I haven't bothered with it because I just never need to get into that side of my car. But now that I'm going to have two kids, I need to clean at least PART of that side so I can open the back door, haha.

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Yeam I'm ready for some cooler weather, no more swamp butt.... sorry tmi

Where in the North West are you? My mom and stuff live in Seattle....I guess that is PNW?

Me, DH, and my sister are cleaning our house today, for babyshower tomorrow, we are going to relax tonight and pass out candy

Sunday is our hospital tour :))))

38. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I'm in Northeast, NY! Have an awesome shower!!

39. winniebee

@FaithFertility: happy shower!

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: We have black out blinds from target in our bedroom since DH is a LEO and works midnights... they work best!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee