Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@winniebee: that shirt is so cute!

Ok so had my appointment with doctor about my liver. We are still waiting on the blood results but while I was there I got my pain again that I thought as BH. She told me there definitely were not BH as they ahould feel like tightenings across the whole bump and shouldn't be too painful whereas my pain is in my right side and very intense . What I'm experiencing she thinks, is gall bladder pain due to my liver dysfunction. she said if it shows to be true on Monday they will look at what needs to be done but that I could be induced at 37 weeks (in 2 weeks). Not the end of the world but it means I can't have baby in the birth centre I wanted and need to be in hospital. She also told me to take it really easy but that is tricky when I move in 3 days! Ahh stressful times.

Hope you all had a good Halloween. It's not very big over here but I still bought candy in case anyone turned up and no one did!

2. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@winniebee: you and T look adorable!!

3. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@BandDmommy: Beautiful family!

4. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Adira: I would be annoyed too, as petty as it may be. I've been pretty annoyed with parents (mostly my own, but the ILs at times too) for doing things that make it seem they don't care much about this baby.

5. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@MamaG: Love her costume! Have fun putting up your tree this weekend! My husband is pushing for us to do the same thing, but I'm not ready for Christmas yet. I need more time!

6. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Sorry you are still in pain and your appointment didn't go so well! I hope you are able to take it easy to some extent, even though it will be hard with the move. Do you have any help at all?

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Awwwww you girls look adorable for halloween! We had a pretty mellow evening, barley any kiddos, I think because it fell on a Friday most we to the fall festival we had in town!

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: awwww jeez...I hope you can take it easy and heal! Praying you and baby stay nice and healthy!!!!

9. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: I'm so sorry. I hope everything is ok! I can't imagine moving plus being in such pain. Hugs.

10. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MamaG: she's adorable!!!

11. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Def try to rest up and get other people to do the moving! I'm sorry you have to deal with this on top of everything... I do agree that while it's not what you original wanted, it's definitely safer and better for you to be at a hospital so this can be taken care of at the same time!

12. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Aghhhhh it's November!!! Not long till we meet our babies!!!

13. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@BandDmommy: Crazy!!! Some of us are meeting them this month!! I can't believe it!!!

14. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I really need a housekeeper. It would improve my mood greatly. And probably make me a better wife/mom. I'm so disgusted with how long it has been since I've dusted. I think dusting just might be my least favorite chore, ever.

15. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MamaG: any chance of hiring one? We have one that comes every other weeks and it's the best money we spend

16. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: yes, I just need to make it a priority in our budget and convince my husband it's important for us.

17. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MamaG: we are getting one going forward. It's definitely a mood enhancer!

18. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaG: @BandDmommy: @winniebee: every day I thank the universe for sending me my SO who is ocd about cleaning.

19. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: sorry to hear about your liver and gallbladder. I hope your move goes well, take good care of yourself!

20. Adira

@MamaG: Ugh, I feel the same. We don't dust nearly as often as we should or even vacuum. I hate it, but we both work full time and have a toddler and I'm pregnant, so it's really the last thing on my TODO list. We can't afford to hire anyone though.

21. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

So yesterday I had my last cardiologist appointment to look at baby's heart and surprisingly we might actually know what is wrong now! I was convinced we wouldn't know until he was born, but somehow the Dr. was able to get some decent pictures yesterday that showed baby has coarctation of the aorta, or a narrow spot that is constricting blood flow. He may also have an issue with the valve leading to the aorta, but the Dr. couldn't quite tell. But, as long as his valve seems to work/is large enough to handle his blood flow, we are looking at just one surgery a few days after birth to fix his aorta. While it is still scary to think that my tiny baby boy will have to have surgery so early in life, I am feeling much better about his health and that he should be able to live a normal life, just with cardiologist visits to make sure his aorta remains open.

Hope the weekend is going well for everyone!

22. Adira

@MrsScallop: That's encouraging that they were able to get some better images and have a tentative explanation! I hope that it's true that he ends up only needing one surgery and will be okay!! Will you not know for certain what is going to happen until after he's born? Did the doctor seem confident? Glad to hear you're feeling better about his health!!

23. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MrsScallop: that's great they were able to get some good pics! Scary that he will have surgery but nice to know exactly what's wrong.

24. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@magnolia: I'd be happy to borrow your husband, weekly I wish we were more OCD about cleaning, unfortunately, we just are not.

25. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@MrsScallop: Sounds encouraging. Glad you were finally able to get the images and some sort of plan. Here's hoping news continues to be positive in nature.

26. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: I hope for the best of news regarding the liver/gall bladder. I hope your move goes smoothly this week and you can get some relaxation.

27. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

And it's November 1! Our Christmas tree is upright, though not yet decorated. That will be tomorrow's task

I also went by JoAnn's today to get what I needed to hem the drapes and make a crib skirt. I'm feeling a little ambitious but hopeful it's all as easy as the tutorials I found.

And when trying to put together our pack n play today, I found that one of the supports for our bassinet portion are missing. Bummer. I can order a replacement from Graco and intend to do so tomorrow. Just frustrating.

I hope someone else relaxed today for me. We just tried to keep making forward progress on my to-do list.

28. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: so sorry you're dealing with this. It looks like quite a few of us will be having our babies at 37 weeks. Good luck with the move!

@MrsScallop: so happy to hear that they think they know what baby is facing and that he'll hopefully just need this one surgery to live a normal life without serious health issues. What great news!

@MamaG: continuing to think of you and baby as well. Like you, we got most of our Christmas stuff out today and our tree is up. We want to decorate with our LO before we leave her to have my csection on the 13th bc we just don't know when we'll be back home. So we have some garland hung and the tree up and the wreath hanging and stockings hung. She is loving it but I'm sure our neighbors think we have lost our minds

29. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

And I have to agree with everyone that spending money on regular cleaners is so worth it! I know when I just had LO it was easy to find time to clean bc she slept all the time. But as she got older and made bigger messes and we were out and about for lots of activities and then being pregnant - it was hard to keep the house as clean as I liked. We have ours come every 2 weeks and it is perfect and it makes it easy to do all the touch up cleaning bc things never have a chance to get really bad. I know it's a splurge but I would definitely prioritize it over so many other things.

30. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Adira: While we have a better idea of what is going on now, it can change after he is born since they will be able to do a more thorough evaluation of his heart once he is born. It is possible his valve is too small to allow enough blood to flow through, which would mean more surgeries. The Dr said he was optimistic about the diagnosis, so that was encouraging too.

@MamaG: Sounds like you were productive today! I feel like I was running all day and yet I still didn't accomplish much. My husband mentioned putting the tree up about 10 times today, so I might have to give in and let him put ours up too soon.

31. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@MrsScallop: glad you have somemgood news about baby. We are so lucky to live in such medically advanced countries where they can detect these problems.

Again, thanks so much for the encouraging words everyone. I have my mum here helping me move. It's soooo hard not to pick up boxes and things. She keeps yelling at me when I try but I'm Going to be good now

I would say hiring a cleaner was they best decision I have EVER made. I am so much happier now I don't spend my Saturday cleaning like I used to. She comes on a yhursday and when I'm at work I get so exciting knowing I will walk into a clean house! Best money I ever spent. If you can afford one and cut back ANYWHERE else, Do it.

Can't belive it is November! So exciting! we are so close and some of us are going to meet our babies this month! Wow.

32. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@BandDmommy: @winniebee: @MamaG: Love your halloween photos! So cute

@Mrs.Lilac: So sorry that your appointment wasn't more reassuring, although obviously I'm glad it wasn't a situation where you needed to be induced ASAP. Try to take it easy if you can (I'm struggling with this!) and keep us posted!

33. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: I'm with you on the housekeeper I'm pretty good at keeping up with the daily tidying stuff, but the deep cleaning is a struggle. Combine that with the fact that I'm not exactly on bedrest but supposed to be doing "anything I don't have to" and things are really falling appart. Maybe someday!

34. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MrsScallop: So glad that you got some more information at your ultrasound! The idea of surgery must be scary but your LO's prognosis sounds reassuring

35. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@sandy: I love that you've already decorated and the image of your LO enjoying it all . Sounds like a perfect way to have some smiles for all of you.

36. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@sandy: I think it's great you were able to do your Christmas decorating as a family!

37. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MrsF: how are you doing?

38. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

We started getting stuff out for baby sister. B first put his puppies to sleep in P&P and just now climbed in with them...

39. winniebee

@MrsScallop: That seems like positive news, especially given all of the possibilities. Scary to have surgery at such a young age Perhaps the bright side (if there could be one) is that he won't remember it.

40. winniebee

@MamaG: I relaxed a good part of the day because I had to Believe me sometimes I would rather be running around getting things done for the baby. Grass is always greener....

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee