Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@BandDmommy: Oh man, actually having room to fit stuff in my stomach again will be nice!! I remember last time breastfeeding made me sooooooo thirsty! Do you find yourself drinking a ton too??

2. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: All the time!!

3. Adira

@BandDmommy: haha, yeah, I remember I'd sit down to nurse and immediately be like "Ahhh!!! Dehydrated!!" and have to make Hubs go get me some water. I'm going to try to make sure I always have my water bottle filled this time around!

4. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

I think we are purchasing a double BOB soon. Brennan is starting to get a little stir crazy and I want to start getting some of this baby weight off. I was hoping to get away not buying a double stroller but B got insanely jealous when i put D in the BOB.

5. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@josina: Wow, that's exciting! Good luck today!

@junebugsmama: Welcome!

6. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

My appt yesterday was super quick. OB said baby's head was very low - she seemed very surprised, and was like are you sure you haven't been having contractions? She said it didn't give an indication on timing of labor, but it was a good sign for hopefully a smooth labor, since he was already so low without much help. So, fingers crossed? Ha. They still haven't done a cervical check yet, though, so who knows if anything is happening down there.

I'm so excited for Thanksgiving! We're just doing dinner with the two of us (plus our pup!), and I'm looking forward to a nice day of cooking and relaxing. Can't believe we're almost to December!

7. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@FaithFertility: That is so weird! Sadly, I still don't like milk!

@BandDmommy: Haha yeah sounds like a double coming your way! I think it's a good idea!

@theotherstark: Low is great! Def progress!

We had our work Thanksgiving luncheon yesterday and I def ate too much and paid for it later! There is NO ROOM in my stomach! And I had a very painful night... I don't know if she was moving lower, or just jabbing me a ton down there for fun or what! I keep looking out for discharge and cramps, but nothing yet.

8. Adira

@theotherstark: Yay for a good appointment!! Interesting about baby's head being super low, but that's good! And that sounds like a nice low-key Thanksgiving! Hope you enjoy it!!

@snowjewelz: Man, I wish our work was doing a Thanksgiving lunch. They do a holiday lunch in December, but it's on the 12th, so I might end up missing it!!

9. snowjewelz

@Adira: I'm def missing our Christmas holiday party on the 15th! The luncheon was eh anyway since I couldn't eat a lot of things, and I really had no room... I ended up having pretty bad heartburn at night too!

10. Adira

@snowjewelz: Ugh, heartburn at night sucks. I've been waking up at least once a night lately with massive heartburn and having to take a Tums. I'm soooooo looking forward to not having heartburn anymore!!

Also, of the 150 tablet bottle I bought around 20 weeks, I'm down to 4 left! I had to buy a new bottle of Tums just to get me through the last few weeks of my pregnancy!!

11. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: That sounds awesome! Yeah, I feel ya on the no room in the stomach thing. I'm hoping I can just graze throughout the day tomorrow

@Adira: Yeah, her surprise seemed weird, because isn't the baby supposed to be low at this point?? Strange. And yeah, we do a holiday party and lunch, and those are both after my due date, so I'll probably (hopefully!) miss them. Oh well!

12. Adira

@theotherstark: Yeah, you're due in a week, so it's not surprising at all that the baby is so low!! Obviously he's getting ready to come out!!! Oh well, haha.

13. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Adira: I was kind of hoping it means that I've been having real contractions and just haven't noticed Ha!

14. Adira

@theotherstark: I've heard that some people don't even feel those first contractions, so maybe you are having some!!

15. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@BandDmommy: I think we are going to get he double bumbleride. You can jog with it too. I ran over our UB glite today in the garage. Awesome.

16. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: she iis so beautiful! Congratulations!

17. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: ouch... How does it fit in your car? We have X3 and DH is worried about how double bob will fit.

18. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

As far as I know I haven't been feeling any BH contractions, but this morning I've been having some twinges of pain down really low like in my cervix area. That's not contractions is it? From what I've read contractions feel like bad period cramps and this definitely doesn't feel like that.

19. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@whenoceansrise: for me contractions feel like an uncomfortable tightening of your stomach.

20. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@theotherstark: I didn't feel contractions until they were very close together and very strong. I have a high pain tolerance.

21. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Could just be baby getting low and stabbing at your cervix. Contractions kind of come and go in waves, so I think they'll feel different than what you're describing.

22. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@BandDmommy: Yeah, this is definitely not that. I haven't been feeling a tightening on my stomache at all!

@Adira: I think you are probably right!

23. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: Ahh, bummer! Sorry about the stroller

@whenoceansrise: I have been getting those the last few weeks, too. Definitely different from BH contractions, which tighten your whole belly.

@BandDmommy: I'm curious to experience what actual contractions feel like!! (Famous last words. Ha) That's great you didn't feel them until pretty far along, though!

24. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: I don't think so, I think it's just LO getting low! I feel them all the time I'm getting some of those BH back too, I thought I felt cramping for a little bit, but it was so fleeting.

25. Adira

I think I'm just feeling more BH than before, but no real contractions. I'm feeling the tightening of the belly, but it's not painful at all yet, so I think those are just BHs, right?

26. winniebee

@BandDmommy: not sure we haven't gotten it yet! I think I'm going to BRU and test it out next week. I do like having an umbrella stroller so pretty sure will need another one of those.

27. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@theotherstark: @snowjewelz: Then I really don't think I've had a single BH contraction unless I just haven't noticed it? I haven't been experiencing anything like is being described!

28. winniebee

@whenoceansrise: that probably means the baby has dropped if you are getting cervix pain. Contractions are when your belly gets tight and feels like a bad period cramp at first and sometimes wraps around to the back. Then pain gets worse and worse.

29. snowjewelz

@Adira: Yep. I had those for a while, went away and they've been coming back. I never imagined I would say I want to feel some cramps hahaha!

Oh and add to the list of "new" symptoms... SO GASSY

30. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@winniebee: Baby does feel really low, but I'm still having problems breathing. These final weeks of pregnancy are soooooo uncomfortable!

31. winniebee

@whenoceansrise: some people don't have any contractions and then all of a sudden water breaks or are in active labor!

32. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: omg, me too! Only in the mornings though, like first thing when I wake up. If DH notices it, he just ignores it. haha!

33. winniebee

@whenoceansrise: I'm having trouble breathing as well but baby boy is low low low. I breathe like a rhino

34. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

Has anyone's doctor mentioned stripping your membranes? Mine said he could do it for me at my next appointment (next week) if I wanted him to- but I don't know. I've heard that it's kind of painful and it doesn't really work anyway but I am so ready to have my body back!

35. winniebee

@whenoceansrise: basically it's a really rigorous cervical check. If you are already dilated it can help some. I had it done when I was in the hospital during a cervical check to keep contractions going (I was already 4-5 cm and mostly effaced) and having intense contractions. It hurt but everything hurt then!

36. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@winniebee: how long did it take?

37. winniebee

@whenoceansrise: it was as quick as a cervical check. 30 seconds? But might be different if you aren't at all dilated.

38. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@winniebee: Ahh, I may ask him to go ahead and do it if I'm dilated then!

39. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@whenoceansrise: Isn't your due date Dec. 21? It seems a little early to me to be stripping membranes, but I'm not a physician so I don't know!

40. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@theotherstark: yeah, next week I'll be considered full term though so I'm not worried about it being too early! Plus I'll have an ultrasound to check his growth.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee