Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

It's kinda weird these doctors are in a rush to induce or strip membranes. I would have loved to make it past 37 weeks.

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@whenoceansrise: Ahh, got it. Yeah, I am hoping for a low intervention birth, so my dr. hasn't even done a cervical check, let alone suggesting stripping membranes. But if that's what you want, go for it! Not sure what the success rate is for that early? I wonder if it will help things along.

@BandDmommy: I know! I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad my practice is pretty hands-off with that stuff, although I'm hoping to be med-free/low intervention, so... I am hoping to avoid induction if at all possible. We'll see.

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@whenoceansrise: I'm surprised your doc offered so early since you're still a few weeks out! I'm 38 weeks and haven't even gotten my cervix checked!

4. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@theotherstark: hmm do cervical checks or membrane sweeping hurt your chance to have a med free birth? i'm clueless, but i thought that membrane sweeping basically just ripened the cervix by releaseing prostaglandin hormones which are actually released during sex too? idk! but i already told my doctor that i wanted the epidural as soon as they could give it to me

5. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: I don't know, I guess all doctors/practices are different! I do trust my doctor though so I know he wouldn't offer it if it was harmful to me or baby!

6. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@whenoceansrise: No, I don't think it decreases chances of a med-free birth. I just want low-intervention, period Ha.

7. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: Ok I just looked up what it was -
    Stripping membranes, sometimes called membrane sweeping, is a method used to try to start labor. The health care provider puts her or his finger into the cervix -- the mouth of the uterus -- and uses the finger to gently separate the bag of water from the side of the uterus near the cervix. It is easily done in the office during a regular pelvic exam.

8. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@theotherstark: haha, good for you! i feel like a baby because i don't even want to try to go med free!

9. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: I never thought about going med free!

10. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: yeah, i've read that

11. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: i feel like maybe i should start preparing myself for it because i know i'm not guaranteed to have an epidural!

12. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: I think when you get there, there would't be a choice then and you'd probably want the baby out! I pray for the best but prepare for the worst haha. I just keep telling myself no matter what happens, people get through the pain somehow! I've heard a lot of horrific IRL birth stories from friends but no one ever says they regret it!

13. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@whenoceansrise: Ha, not a baby at all! I think most people I know want that epidural. I just want to see how it goes naturally; it's entirely possible I'll want one at some point too My comment re: med-free was more in regards to @BandDmommy: 's reference to inductions.

14. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Hi mamas! I went and had a baby and fell off the face of the earth (and this thread!). I'll try to catch up here and there because I definiteky want to know how everyone is doing. So many are getting so close to baby time

We are doing great and literally heading home from the hospital as I'm writing. It usually takes about an hour to get home and of course today it is snowing and it's the day before thanksgiving. We'll be telling the little guy about this epic drive for years to come! He's snoozing next to me and we're creeping along veeeeery slowly on 95.

Little Jack is doing great, sleeping here and there and seems to be BF much better than his big sister ever did, though my milk isn't in yet (we're less than 48h after birth) so we'll see how it goes.

15. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Thanks everyone for the welcome! I am a nurse at a super busy children's hospital, so that's why I decided to go ahead and go out on maternity leave this week at 36 weeks. I had an appt today for my gbs swab and position check and he's head down! She didn't say if he was low or anything but she said she wouldn't know till they do cervical check in a few weeks.

Congratulations to all the mamas who already have given birth! I can't believe it's getting so close, I feel like I've been prego forever. It's pretty crazy because I was almost 8 weeks pregnant last year on thanksgiving and started bleeding at work, and had to go home. That miscarriage was hard but I am so happy and thankful this year to be 8 months and about to meet my baby. Kind of ironic that it ends up being my last day before maternity leave!

16. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@junebugsmama: welcome and congrats on your rainbow baby! I hear you on feeling like pregnancy will never end! I also had 2 m/c which makes me not want to complain, but I am ready for baby!!!

Today may be my last day of work... we had a great holiday dinner for our students. A lot of them won't get one at home and everyone got to take leftovers so it felt very special. It was an event I have been working on for a few months so I feel mentally more at peace with going on leave.

Drs appointment today was good too, I am 100% effaced and 2cm! He said he would be surprised if I make it to my due date next week. Trying not to get my hopes up!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

17. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MrsF: glad you are headed home and congrats again on baby Jack. Love his name! Get home safe! The snow is more like sleet here and its so gross out there.

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsF: Congrats on bringing him home! I can picture you guys driving super slow, and I don't blame you
    Enjoy your holiday with your little turkey

@magnolia: Are you a teacher? I am wishing I left a little early, my last day is the 12th....ughhhhh don't know if I'll make it!

Had u/s to check baby'sgrowth since I measure way ahead, well she is a perfect 6 lbs 14 ounces they say and has lots of hair :))) Her head was soooo low she was probibg me down there to get face/head shots.....lol My fluid go figure was actually on the lower end, they like to see it berween 5-15 cm i think???? mine was at 6.... we did I stress test, baby b passed with flying colors I even had 2 huge BH contractions during it..
    I will be monitored again Monday and if my levels go below 5, its induction time :)))) Eeekkkk!!!!

I'm ready, but Wow, this month is flying by!

I hope everyone enjoys their day tomorrow! , Have a wondeful Thanksgiving with your turkeys inside the oven or out ♥♥

19. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Have a wonderful thanksgiving!!!

20. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@FaithFertility: I'm a social worker at an alternative high school for students who need more credits to finish their diplomas. I do counseling and crisis intervention mostly. Occasionally I do advisory or groups, and it takes a lot of work to do one lesson plan. I can't imagine doing it everyday!!! I have so much respect for teachers, especially at 9 months pregnant!!!

hope you can relax until Monday, drink lots of water!!

happy turkey day mamas!

21. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@magnolia: I admire your job as well, many of those kiddos need someone to fight for them or just help guide them!

I am really regretting not leaving earlier, just the thought of going Monday makes my body hury, but I so will miss those lottle faces!

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Hello
    I saw online that Carters has 50% off everything plus free shipping today

Old Navy is also 50% off but free shipping over $50

How was everyone's Turkey Day?

23. snowjewelz

@MrsF: good to hear you are heading home and lil guy is doing well can't wait to hear more!

@magnolia: that's exciting! Maybe you are next!

@FaithFertility: I totally want to go nuts and buy a lot of stuff lol but I must control myself! K is measuring 6 lbs 11 oz but I still don't know if she will be wearing NB for long or what!

Finally had a cervix check today... Wasn't painful just very uncomfortable! My cervix is still nice & shut tight tho... I will have my induction date this week OB said prob over the weekend and she also said be prepared for a long induction since I'm in level zero. I really hope that's not the case. I just can't believe I have a week left!

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: I know, I'm holding out too, but I did buy myself a few nursing tops at old navy

Awww your baby girl is going to be here soooo soon!!!!!!
    Yeah my first check hurt, but the lasy one not bad......I too am 100% closed and tight! Enjoy your last week!!!!!!

25. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I ordered a few nursing tops & nursing friendly PJs at Kohl's too earlier this week

Ugh I know! I'm like really? Nothing even with all the pressure/pains/jabs?!

26. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: hahah right?!?!? and she is soooo low too

27. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Pretty quiet here lately? Everyone hanging in there?

Nothing to report here just relaxing with family in NH a little over an hour away. 37 wks this weekend I am so relieved! Still have contractions and lots of knives in cervix but nothing consistent. I have a feeling things will pick up once I'm going at normal pace starting when we get back home Sunday.

28. snowjewelz

Well just saw Adira is next in line!! So exciting!

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that by this time next week I could have my baby in my arms!

29. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Things are getting exciting!!!

30. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I've been on a newborn hiatus. We are tired and trying to figure out the breast feeding thing. I'm sort of over breast feeding but feel really guilty about quitting. I really want to move to pumping but am having a hard time logistically.

And honestly, I'm really struggling with not having my home to myself. I love my family and that they are here to help, but right now I really crave some solitude.

We have newborn AND holiday photos on Sunday and I'm hoping for the best. K is a little runt, all the clothes I have for her are just too big. And I really didn't plan this out well and get some cute headbands or other props. Oh well. I'm very much feeling the second time mom laziness

Me and K both have our two week checks next week. I really am worried about her weight. That might be a driver in my breast feeding woes.

Hope everyone else is doing well. December is officially just around the corner. I hope all of the December moms that have been less active start checking in soon.

31. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MamaG: sorry you are having rough time. How little is your baby girl? D is slightly over 6 pounds.

32. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: so sorry things are feeling overwhelming. I definitely get it! I'm Finding jack to be a much easier newborn, but trying to care for a toddler too (mostly in the emotional sense) is really hard and kind of upsetting for me. I had a horrible time BFing M - I hope the weight is up and things get easier

33. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: congratulations on 37 weeks! You've done such a wonderful job cooking this little one so long!

34. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MrsF: same here! Juggling 2 kids is rough. We are getting a mothers helper to help entertain B a few times a week.

35. snowjewelz

@MamaG: it's totally normal to feel all these things! hang in there and I hope you settle on a feeding situation that works. Don't feel bad about anything! As long as you are feeding your baby, any method/way that works for you IS the best. But in the mean time, whine away! It's better to have an outlet! I'll join you soon!

36. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MamaG: I'm sorry that it was been such a struggle. Don't feel guilty about not waning to BF. It's not the be all and end all. The number one rule is feed the baby and how best to feed the baby is different for everyone.

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: I am sorry that is has been not to easy, I can imagine wanting alone time, I think I would feel the same! I hope your pictures are fun and come out good

38. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I'm not fully at peace with my decision, but I did formula feed this morning. I'm ready to just pump. I'm not sure I'll be able to exclusively feed from pumping on an ongoing basis, but I'm going to try.

I formula fed my first after about 4 days. Logically I know there is nothing wrong with the decision to feed formula, emotionally I'm just not there right now.

I'm also struggling emotionally with the changed relationship with C. I'm not spending the time with her that I once did and I miss her. I know it's temporary and she will be fine, but I certainly feel like I'm neglecting her emotionally these days.

On a really positive note though, I'm down below my pre-pregnancy weight already (thank you GD!) and am wearing jeans today. I haven't worn jeans in about 7 months. My next feat is SHOES! My feet and legs are still slightly swollen, but I will get shoes on comfortably soon. I also have my wedding ring back on. I haven't worn it for about a month now and it's good to have it back.

And thanks for being so supportive everyone. I really do appreciate it.

39. snowjewelz

@MamaG: good to know that GD mamas bounce back quick So are you eating normally now? Hang in there!! I'm sure your emotions are all over the place, hopefully you will feel better about everything!

40. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: Yes, I'm eating normally and haven't tested my glucose at all. My OB wants me to do a glucose tolerance test and A1C again around 6 weeks post partum. This is mostly since it's my second pregnancy with GD. After my first pregnancy they had me test in the hospital (for 24 hours I think) and that was it.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee