Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Hi ladies! I've been absent for two days and I can hardly catch up with this thread! So many new additions - congratulations! I've been so sick and exhausted that I feel like I've been absent from the world these past few weeks (I'm 7w2d today). Can't wait to feel better and participate a little bit more.

Today's been a fun day though! I was at my friend's house for a little playdate (4 moms and 4 toddlers) and my friend announced that she is pregnant! She's due 11/30 and I'm due 12/1 so I'm SUPER excited. Of course, then I had to tell everyone about me as well (I hope DH is ok with that. It wasn't exactly the plan!). Anyway, it's just so nice to tell my friends and to have someone IRL to go through all of this with. Yay!

2. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@theotherstark: @snowjewelz: I don't want to buy a lot of maternity clothes and I do already have several maxi dresses and maxi skirts. Thinking I'll need some maternity leggings, jeans, black pants, camis/tanks + cardigans, and tunics? That sounds like a lot though!

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@whenoceansrise: I was just planning to go with the flow... To not buy anything till I must, and just buy a few basics! I'll just wear the same clothes for a while, I don't care lol. And there is an off-chance that I can wear them again in the future for #2 if the timing is the same...

4. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm just too excited and need something to occupy my time... like researching maternity wear. ha!

5. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@whenoceansrise: I'm still too nervous to really buy maternity stuff! A lot of my tops are tunic-y already, and I think most of my dresses could accommodate a smaller bump this summer, so I'm hoping to hold off as long as possible. I will probably need to get a pair or two of maternity shorts at some point.

I have been wanting a pair of black skinny jeans for a while, though, so asked my husband to get me a pair of maternity black skinny jeans for my birthday last week And, um, I may have already worn them a few times. Haha. They're so comfortable!! Stupid bloat.

6. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: I know what you mean! I've already started an Amazon list of products when I was TTC lol. I've been researching cute mother's day gift idea on Etsy (like your necklace!), and pinteresting announcement ideas for my dog! I was going to order her a tshirt that says big sister or something, but then I found some cute bandanna's!

7. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@theotherstark: haha nice! I'm all about the comfort!

@snowjewelz: I've got my carseat/stroller picked out and a ring sling. hahaha. That's so cute to use your dog in the announcement! My husband is so excited to start telling people (which he knows he can't for several weeks)- I told one of my good friends who happens to be a photographer and she is going to help me come up with a cute pregnancy announcement. We have so much to look forward to!

8. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MrsF: That is so cool that you have a friend who's due right around when you are!!!! I have always wanted to have that, but it's just never worked out. Hopefully your husband doesn't mind that you spilled the beans!

9. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@winniebee: OMG...I need some bagel bites now!!!

It's 12:30pm here and I've had - 2 slices of cinnamon sugar toast, bowl of cantaloupe, 1/2 a string cheese, cookies...and for lunch I picked up Taco Bell and inhaled 3 soft tacos

10. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MrsF: That's so great your friend is due at the same time!! I am slightly jealous Glad that I have all of you ladies on here, though!

@whenoceansrise: @snowjewelz: Aww, that's fun you guys are doing cute announcements! I always love the pet announcements

@sandy: Oh my God this all sounds amazing right now. Why am I so hungry again?! Ugh.

11. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

I had to buy a maternity/nursing bra today cause the boobies hurt too much... So weird. But so many cute clothes

12. snowjewelz

@busylizzy111: I just ordered a Coobie bra since I saw them on Zulily. I only have 2 sports bra and I haven't worn actual bras for a while!

13. missybear

grape / 88 posts

@whenoceansrise: @MRSJX3: Of course!! I actually found it online when desperately searching for a regimen ok for pregnancy and hormone-related break outs. At night, I use Olay 4-in-1 cloths for sensitive skin (I'm cheap and cut them in half, they are huge and kind of expensive so I figured I could double my amount this way hehe) and then use a pump of Olay oil-free moisturizer for sensitive skin. Then in the mornings, I use (either olay or neutragena) alcohol-free toner with witch hazel on an exfoliating cotton pad, and another pump of moisturizer if my skin is dry, or just my usual BB cream if it is normal. And then once a week or so, I will wash with Garnier oil face cleanser, which deeply cleans and moisturizes. I have super sensitive combination skin... like dry patches that flake, and oily patches that are very oily. This has cleared up and also evened out the crazy levels of my skin Yay!! Took a couple weeks to see it, but the change is huge.

14. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@missybear: Thank you! I also have sensitive combination skin so I am excited to try this!

15. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@missybear: Thank you so much!! I never break out. Now all of the sudden I'm breaking out and I'm also getting those deep painful pimples way below the skin!

16. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@busylizzy111: I have been wearing exclusively sports bras when I get home (can't pull it off at work, unfortunately ). My boobs hurt sooo so badly!

@missybear: @whenoceansrise: I always like hearing what others do for skin care. I wonder if my face wash (just regular Clinique) is okay? I am not seeing the ingredients on their website. Hmm.

17. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

@snowjewelz: had to google coobie bra - they look awesome! I just bought the cheap H&M nursing bras (2pack) in the biggest size (why is their size selection so limited?). Haven't worn a non wired bra in ages!

18. snowjewelz

@busylizzy111: Oo I didn't know H&M have those... Haven't been there in so long but that's good to know since they're cheap! There's a recent thread about how big people's boob's became, and I'm hoping mine don't grow! I'm already a DD so I do not want them to get bigger

19. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

@theotherstark: I know the problem, my sport bras are all not low cut enough to be worn under v-shirts

20. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

@snowjewelz: I am in Germany, but they should have them in the US as well! they were around 24Dollars for 2, very affordable!
    My boobs are also not the smallest, so normally I can't buy cheap bras - I was very excited!

21. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@sandy: dang girl.. so far i've had a plain biscuit, 2 pickles and a small bowl of chili... i struggle finding food that the smell doesn't make me nauseous...

22. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

New milestone: We are officially on our first daycare wait list. As I'm sure will be no surprise to those of you who are already parents, we are apparently WAY BEHIND already. The daycare place I emailed said there is already a wait list of 25 babies for October 2015 (when I'm thinking I'd go back to work) and that they probably wouldn't have an opening until my kid is three years old and toilet-trained. I'm laughing to keep from crying.

23. snowjewelz

@PawPrints: Yeah it's crazy... And crazier that I haven't thought about it b/c I know how crazy it is! I'm not even really sure about what our daycare arrangement will be (hopefully LO will have grandma-care for as long as possible), and changes in DH's job may give him even more free weekdays, depending.

24. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@PawPrints: nice! Long maternity leave too!

25. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@littlek: I'm having the same problem. I had a saltines, a bowl of Cheerios, a cup of soup & pretzel crackers because they sounded the least horrible.

@PawPrints: Wow that's crazy.

My hair stylist is the only other pregnant friend I have, but she's due the end of Aug. I don't envy her being that pregnant during our miserable summers.

26. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@littlek: Yeah I have no idea exactly how long I'll take for maternity leave, but I figured nine months seemed like a good estimate based on how long some other women at my company have taken in the past. Of course that would be almost all unpaid and no guarantee I'd get my job back at the end of it.

27. MrsMangoMochi

coffee bean / 44 posts

@magnolia: Great u/s pic! Thanks for sharing! So exciting!

28. MrsMangoMochi

coffee bean / 44 posts

Welcome to everyone new here and congrats! I haven't logged in for 7 days since I've been crazy busy with my move in 3 weeks. m/s hasn't been great, either-- it should be called "all day sickness" for me. My hubby got me Sea Bands (thank you to who recommended it!). There are tons of posts here, so I get lost keeping track of everything. Anyhow, the sea bands are working ok for me. Haven't puked up yet, but still feel mildly queasy. Just feeling tired a lot. My ob/gyn apt is this coming Monday, so I'm getting anxious. I'm also popping out more & had to break out the yoga pants and maxi skirts already. I'm guessing it's because this is my 2nd.

29. allison

pear / 1895 posts

Oh man. You guys with the food aversions/morning sickness are making me nervous! I'm not looking forward to that at all. I ate only saltines and drank only ginger ale for weeks 7-9 or 10 last time. Which, I know, is pretty good in the grand scheme of things!

I'm just trying to eat ALL THE THINGS now, while I can. Huge burrito? Red beans and rice? Burger and fries? Yes, please.

30. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

First doctors appointment is 6-3!

31. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@littlek: @AngelicOne: Ugh - I feel your pain, girls. I just can't think of any food that sounds tolerable at all. It's the smells mostly - I can hardly open the refrigerator door and am trying not to gag while I'm feeding my toddler

I lost a lot of weight during my first trimester with my first - and now I remember why! I hope this goes by quickly for all of us!

32. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@allison: Glad you're feeling well! Definitely eat all the things now

33. Adira

Girls, be proud of me! I broke out my prenatal workout video and actually worked out today!!! That's the first time I've worked out since I was pregnant with Xander, haha! I'm so out of shape... my abs feel sore...

34. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Adira: Go you!! I really need to get into an exercise routine. I suggested to DH that I try a Pregnancy Aquatic Aerobics class at the same building where my OB is and he completely poo pooed the idea. Boo.

35. Adira

@MrsScallop: haha, well my husband saw me working out and he said "Want to have sex as your exercise?" Umm, no thanks. hahaha

36. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Adira: Hahaha, that is absolutely something my husband would say. Classy!

37. Adira

@MrsScallop: I'm just like "I don't want sex to be that much work - I'd rather just lay there and enjoy it." I'm so lazy when it comes to sex, haha.

38. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Adira: Hahah! Love it

39. genarator

grape / 81 posts

@Adira: that's great about the workout. All I do is chase after my 14 month old.

40. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Adira: good job. I'm really trying to keep up exercising as long as I can

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee