Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@genarator: That's plenty workout!!!

@winniebee: Yeah, I was pretty bad last pregnancy. I was pretty tired first trimester, so I pretty much didn't work out at all. Then I worked out from weeks 14-20 and stopped. And then tried to pick it back up again the last couple weeks! I'm going to ATTEMPT to do better this time, but I'm not sure how I'll do since Xander and Hubs keep me pretty busy!

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Adira: I worked out until I was on bed rest last time and it was a great way to feel good about myself despite being gaining a bunch of weight!

3. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Adira: Good for you! I worked out on Monday for the first time in like six months, and again this evening. It's like the only proactive thing I feel like I can actually do right now that's vaguely pregnancy-related. Feels great.

4. MrsD

coffee bean / 28 posts

Ok so I got my blood screen results back today, my hcg level is great! I had my test done at 4+6 and my hcg came back saying I could be between 7-9 weeks (I know for sure I’m not lol so maybe bean just implanted well ) downside is I’m rh- so have an appointment with my doc next week to discuss my injection schedule. No biggie though as I know heaps of women are rh-

Otherwise feeling good! Just lower hip/back aches and super tired all the time

5. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

@PawPrints: that is crazy and scary about the daycare places. We don't even know where we will live then!

6. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@MrsD: glad you got good results! There's not much you can tell from one blood test because the ranges vary so much. It will be easier to know how far along you are once you go in for your dating ultrasound.

7. littlek

@Adira: nice! I've been working out on elliptical daily and taking long walks with LO in BOB. It feels good to stay active.

8. Adira

@winniebee: Wow, that's awesome!!! Good for you!!

@PawPrints: Yes it does!! I hope I can keep it up!!

@MrsD: I'm RH Negative too! It's not too big of a deal. I think I got my rhogam shot at 28 weeks and then again right after birth.

@littlek: You're so much better than me! Working out daily?? Not going to happen here, haha.

9. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Workout?! I can't even keep my eyes open most of the day I feel bad b/c DH hasn't gotten any for a while... I can't stay awake at night, and can barely wake up in the morning lol. At other times, I'm either starving to eat, or feeling nausea after stuffing myself. Thankfully he is very understanding so far!

I am super anxious about my appointment tomorrow... Hoping to hear good news about my levels, and to maybe finally start to see something!

10. allison

pear / 1895 posts

Is anyone here planning to minimize u/s exposure? That's one of my goals for this pregnancy, and I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to do a dating ultrasound.

11. snowjewelz

@allison: So far I am not, seeing that I've had one every week after getting a BFP! I'm going to ask my OB if she sees any risk factors. I don't want to stop b/c I do want to know asap if something's not going right...

12. Adira

@allison: I'm not planning on limiting, but probably I'll only have 2 ultrasounds anyway.

13. littlek

@allison: I'm most likely high risk so I don't really have a choice.

14. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

@allison: high risk here as well, so I will have weekly u/s during organ development

15. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@allison: I'm sure I'll be high risk again too. I'm definitely high risk due to age and if I'm lucky I'll have gestational diabetes again too.

For some reason, I'm not really afraid of u/s exposure either, maybe my ignorance is bliss

16. winniebee

@allison: probably high risk too so more ultrasounds than average.

17. winniebee

@snowjewelz: working out actually helps with my energy level and makes me not feel so nasty. But I'm not puking or anything. Just mild nausea and crazy hunger.

18. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@allison: I was just planning on having a few? Not sure what the norm is, but was thinking I would probably end up with 3 or thereabouts?

Ahh, I'm struggling today. Usually, I feel pretty nauseous in the morning, but it goes away once I've eaten something. Today I still feel really horrible after having eaten. I am terrified that I am going to throw up at work. Yikes.

19. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: I ALWAYS wonder what I'd do if I have to throw up at work... The bathroom is a long ways away! I'd feel nauseous after I eat, and then nauseous if I'm too hungry lol. Not enough to throw up yet though, fx!

@winniebee: Ugh, now to just find that bit of energy to haul myself to the gym!

20. genarator

grape / 81 posts

@allison: I had 3 u/s with my first...12 weeks, 20 weeks, and one around 34 due to a low lying placenta (the placenta raised). I'm hoping it's just 2 ultrasounds this go around, as I like to limit if possible. Sometimes that's just not in the cards though.

21. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

I think my insurance just covers two ultrasounds per pregnancy so I'm hoping I only need two!

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Ugh, yeah. I've thrown up a few times already, but it's always been in the early morning before work. My bathroom at work is fairly close, but I am worried about people hearing. Haha. Sigh. Hopefully I won't have to deal with it

23. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: I know! What if you're up-chucking and someone else comes in... I don't want to gross people out! There is a private bathroom somewhere in our building but it's super far away too. I'm hoping I don't have to deal with it either. Fx for us

24. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@theotherstark: I haven't had any morning sickness yet and I'm terrified of this. I don't know what I'll do if I feel like I have to puke at work. Why does the worst part of morning sickness have to align with the time when you can't tell anybody?

25. Adira

I haven't been dealing with m/s yet, but earlier this year I had the norovirus. I felt nauseous at my desk for about 2 hours before I realized it was all coming up! Our bathroom isn't close either! I practically RAN there and just barely made it into a stall in time! I always worry about people hearing or walking in while I'm doing that too, haha.

Good luck to everyone dealing with m/s!!!

26. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: @PawPrints: Exactly!! Ugh. I wouldn't want people to start gossiping about it, and it would be super embarrassing. Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen for any of us!

27. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Has anybody started thinking about whether you're going to do a nursery or not? @Mrs TicTacToe's blog post got me thinking about it. Nurseries are adorable but we would have to convert our office to have one, and I keep hearing that a lot of parents end up just keeping the baby in the bedroom with them and never using the crib. What do you guys think, are nurseries worth it?

28. littlek

@PawPrints: Definitely!!! We have an empty room we are planning on making into a nursery. DS has a nursery as well, we did a nautical theme. I love it!

29. snowjewelz

We plan on having at least 2, so I think I would do a nursery. Right now we have one empty room and one room w/ my old furniture in it, so the idea is to move the older one to the big kid room and hopefully a 2nd or 3rd can keep using the nursery.

30. winniebee

@PawPrints: we are moving back east and hours hunting there in a few weeks so it will definitely be on my mind. That and a big boy room for my son!

31. genarator

grape / 81 posts

@PawPrints: Yep a nursery is a must for us! Sure the little one is with you for a bit, but at some point you may want them in their own crib in their own room. Just speaking from personal experience. I say this as I have a 14 month old in my bed most nights and am over it. We weren't able to have a crib and a nursery until month 6 and by then she was comfortable and refused to move. It's been a long work in progress.

32. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@MamaG: yeah, I don't think anything definitive has been proven to contraindicate lots of scans. It just doesn't sit right with me, for whatever reason.

I think I'm going to wait to make my first appt for 12 weeks, then I should be able to hear a heartbeat via doppler, right?

@genarator: I had 5 last pregnancy. The three you had, then two in the last week to check fluid levels. I think the last two were a bit excessive (esp the last one), but I agree that it's often best to have them. I just want the dating u/s for peace of mind, which I've decided just isn't worth it, when it won't change the outcome, you know?

I'm not trying to dissuade any of you ladies from having your scans! Just trying to think through my own shit. Thanks for listening

33. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

I definitely want to do a nursery! We have an extra bedroom that we never use so why not? Excited to start getting ideas to decorate!

34. littlek

@snowjewelz: Do you have u/s tomorrow?

35. snowjewelz

@littlek: Yes... Yet another one! OB is looking for progress. Plus I want to see how my blood test results are from last week.

36. littlek

@snowjewelz: good luck at your appt tomorrow!!!

37. allison

pear / 1895 posts

We only have two rooms, and LO slept in our room for a year--we just moved him to his own room a few months ago! I'm not sure what we'll do about a bed, though. We have a cosleeper for the first few months but LO outgrew that quickly. We'll probably move him to a twin bed but ughhhh that sounds like a hard transition.

38. MrsD

coffee bean / 28 posts

@littlek: yea I had heard that. I was terrified of getting a low hcg result so was nice to hear mine were normal

39. Adira

@PawPrints: Nurseries are definitely worth it! We kept Xander in our room for 3 months, but then moved him into the nursery and we all slept so much better for it!

Our plan is to move Xander into the guest room and make it his room and put the new baby in Xander's old room, the nursery.

40. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Adira: I always heard people say they slept better with co-sleeping; did your sleep really improve when you put him in a different room?

Clearly we have a lot to learn, and to figure out.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee